PDA

View Full Version : 4e homebrew setting:almeria

oblivion6
2012-03-12, 11:44 PM
well after my last setting didnt go where i wanted too... iv decided to start another one from scratch. i'll update this post with more on my free time. you may notice that i stole bits and pieces from various works and just tweaked them to fit my needs

setting overview
almeria is a high magic setting dominated by the great central desert, a magical phenomonon created thousands of years ago. the zigguraut of time lies in the very center of the desert. the outlying areas consists of a wide variety of physical features ranging from the dragonspear mountains in the south to the great lowlands of the east

creation mythology
most of the various cultures and races believe the following to be true to all of them but after that things start to get complicated as everyone has different opinions of how their race came to be

the world was created long long ago in the time before recorded history by a trio of "elder" gods who originated in another layer of the multiverse. these elders had seen the rise and fall of many worlds as the ever encroaching darkness of the far plane eventually engulfed anything in its way. this cycle continued for uncounted centurys as new worlds were created and eventually destroyed. these elders were determined to create a world where no one had to worry about the chaotic far plane. so these gods began to seek alliances with various other powers native to this layer such as the primordials and the mighty rakasha rajas of the astral sea. so the various powers of the alliance began to pool together their power and resources to create various artifacts of unimaginable power to help keep the powers of the far plane. with the threat of the far plane effectivly minamized for now the gods were free to begin populating their new world with the very 1st racs

hoverfrog
2012-03-20, 11:23 AM
What is so important about the Ziggurat of Time? It's a great name but what does it do or what does it represent?

oblivion6
2012-03-20, 05:01 PM
What is so important about the Ziggurat of Time? It's a great name but what does it do or what does it represent?
was going to detail that in its own entry eventually. basicly a structure that transcends space and time