PDA

View Full Version : Sorry about that, someone just tried to kill me. [3.5, Feat, PEACH]

Sgt. Cookie
2012-03-13, 12:31 PM
Reflexive strike
Be it with fist, blade or magic, sometimes it is possible to kill your foe, immediately after a strike.

Prerequisites: Natural or Class based fortification. Immunity to sneak attacks (That has not come from 100% fortification) is not usable as a prerequisite.

Benefit: When your fortification has successfully negated sneak attack damage, you make make a single attack at your highest BaB or cast a (Non-metamagiced) spell, spell-like ability or supernatural effect with an activation time of a swift action or less (That isn't the PhB II celerity) against that opponent, you auto threaten criticals and bypass any fortification that is not 50% or more. Your opponent is treated as flat footed for all purposes and no one may make an action before you have used this feat.

Your opponent may not sneak attack you again until you again until after your turn.

You may use this feat an unlimited number of times per round.

This feat does not make you un-flat footed if you have not yet acted.

Special: You may not use this feat as a response to a sneak attack caused by an opponent using this feat against you.

Seerow
2012-03-13, 12:38 PM
So if a TWFing rogue attacks you 7 times in a situation where he'd normally have the ability to use sneak attack, you get to cast 7 swift action spells as free actions?

This seems really powerful.

Sgt. Cookie
2012-03-13, 12:44 PM
While that may be true, don't forget you have to successfuly defend against seven SAs, and blow seven spell slots. To kill one rogue.

Perhaps I should state that the SAer does not get to make any more sneak attacks against that opponent?

Steward
2012-03-13, 12:54 PM
Can this be used with spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks or just melee/ranged attacks and spells?

Sgt. Cookie
2012-03-13, 01:00 PM
Spell-like, yes. Supernatural ones, if it takes a swift action or less. Yes. I'll add those in.

JoshuaZ
2012-03-13, 01:19 PM
So if a TWFing rogue attacks you 7 times in a situation where he'd normally have the ability to use sneak attack, you get to cast 7 swift action spells as free actions?

This seems really powerful.

Hmm, I think a wizard in the right context might actually want the rogue in their own party to attack them so they can use this feat. Yeah...

Seerow
2012-03-13, 02:51 PM
While that may be true, don't forget you have to successfuly defend against seven SAs, and blow seven spell slots. To kill one rogue.

Perhaps I should state that the SAer does not get to make any more sneak attacks against that opponent?

Well you did get attacked 7 times, but by a rogue who normally relies on SA for most of his damage, while you have fortification (as a prereq for your feat), meaning rather than the expected couple hundred damage, you're taking a fraction of that.

Limiting the feat to once per turn could help though. Or maybe make it take an opportunity action.