PDA

View Full Version : Speech Topic(Highschool)

Madara
2012-03-13, 04:43 PM
So, my dear playground. I am in speech class(mandatory) this semester. We have been working our way to longer and harder speeches.

I don't have any problems with public speaking, and I enjoy it quite a bit.

Anywho, the topic at hand.

What should my Informative speech be on?

No, I don't want it on some political/religious issue. I want it on something fun, like black holes or what if time travel was real and how could it work?

I'll have plenty of time for research, ect. But right now we're brainstorming topics. What would you find fun to learn about in a speech?

pffh
2012-03-13, 04:51 PM
Apocalypses through the ages.
How do stars work.
The first three minutes of the universe (there is an excellent book on that by Dr Russell Herman).
Wormholes and time travel.
[High profile disease] research, what is being researched right now.
What dinosaurs became chickens and how.
Interstellar travel available with our current technology. (Generational ships, solar sails, that nuclear explosion propeller thingy ship etc).
What will happen during the Andromeda-Milky Way collision.

How long is this thing supposed to be? I'm just writing down stuff that pops into my mind with no care for how long they will be.

Madara
2012-03-13, 04:53 PM
I don't know about length yet, but she said 3 days for 18 students, and class periods are roughly 40min..

6min-ish

Grinner
2012-03-13, 05:28 PM
I don't have any problems with public speaking, and I enjoy it quite a bit.

Freak. :smalltongue:

Let's see. On the topic of time travel, the side effects of it, such as paradoxes and the Butterfly Effect, are pretty interesting.

Other things that come to mind:

Morlocks
the workings of computer components (hard drive, processor, video card, etc.)
popular conspiracy theories
the science of baking
the creative processes employed by fashion designers
the methodologies of selected extreme sports
fundamental quantum physics
color psychology
pavlovian psychology

Riverdance
2012-03-13, 06:21 PM
Apocalypses through the ages.

This sounds awesome. To make it especially good you could try to find some kind of linking factor.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-03-13, 07:06 PM
Hmm, what's some stuff I've done

The Influence of Foreigners on the Metallurgy in Tsarist Russia, 1600-1900 has to be my favourite so far.

Mindfreak
2012-03-13, 07:11 PM
When I think of time travel, I think of the book The Time Machine.
Great book, you should read it sometime.

Dumbledore lives
2012-03-13, 07:12 PM
Well last year I did the portrayal of death in media but I don't know if that would fit the criteria. Year before I think I did history of videogames, more specifically before Nintendo, so that was interesting.

Madara
2012-03-13, 08:36 PM
When I think of time travel, I think of the book The Time Machine.
Great book, you should read it sometime.

Read it, it was good. A classic, really.

Well last year I did the portrayal of death in media but I don't know if that would fit the criteria. Year before I think I did history of videogames, more specifically before Nintendo, so that was interesting.

Interesting, very interesting.

AtlanteanTroll
2012-03-14, 12:19 AM
I don't want it on some political/religious issue. I want it on something fun...

Hypocrite. :smalltongue: