PDA

View Full Version : Neutral T-shirt Representation

SpaceBadger
2012-03-13, 06:25 PM
Hmm, interesting that the Neutral t-shirt features Ganji and Enor (http://www.cafepress.com/orderofthestick.592687782) when it could have featured Julia Greenhilt (final panel) (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0343.html).

The Dark Fiddler
2012-03-13, 06:29 PM
That quote's already on a shirt, though.

NerfTW
2012-03-13, 06:52 PM
Hmm, interesting that the Neutral t-shirt features Ganji and Enor (http://www.cafepress.com/orderofthestick.592687782) when it could have featured Julia Greenhilt (final panel) (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0343.html).

To be fair, it's a funnier caption than "I go both ways".

ThePhantasm
2012-03-13, 08:26 PM
I'd also wager Ganjii and Enor are far more popular characters than Julia.

The_Weirdo
2012-03-13, 09:25 PM
To be sure, there's also something else: Enor and Ganji represent the Neutral alignment better and with more depth than Julia Greenhilt did. A well-played non-druid or non-Strong Neutral True Neutral will tend to act less like Julia and more like Enor and Ganji in that one picture: they are in it for themselves, considering all competitive offers. They are also not getting paid enough to do Good (and sacrifice themselves) or Evil (and sacrifice others), but they might do either one if there is something big enough in it for them.

Julia Greenhilt is almost Druid Neutral: She seems to work for balance for its own sake, even at the potential cost of her own life (letting Roy be attacked over an insult when she knew this might well end up getting Roy AND her killed). And it is a valid Neutral, yes, but MOST True Neutrals aren't like this the same way most Chaotic Neutrals aren't crazy (thus explaining why Julio Scoundrel appeared in the Chaos picture saying "Be your own boss!" rather than, say, Chaotic Evil Jephton the Unholy with a "Sanity's too CONFINING!" caption - Chaotic Neutrals care about their own freedom first, and that's IF they even care about anything else at all).

Basically, the pictures show the basics of what each alignment tends to be like, and Enor and Ganji are closer to Neutral than Julia is. If a "Druidic Neutral"/"Strong Neutral" alignment picture is made, Julia would be great for it, though.

rbetieh
2012-03-13, 10:30 PM
I wouldnt have bought it if it had a chick saying "I go both ways", not to mention it doesn't fit with the whole "Business Strategy" theme of the shirts. I wonder what the Law one will say "Our Process is Second to None"? "The Secret is Consistency?" "Do it our way or else!"? So many Sith Sigma ideas.

MyNameIsSecret
2012-03-13, 11:42 PM

Agreed. (this here to lengthen post)

Mr. Pants
2012-03-14, 03:05 PM
I don't think Julia would wear it, she prefers revealing clothing like Sabine. :sabine:

Sunken Valley
2012-03-14, 03:09 PM
I wouldnt have bought it if it had a chick saying "I go both ways", not to mention it doesn't fit with the whole "Business Strategy" theme of the shirts. I wonder what the Law one will say "Our Process is Second to None"? "The Secret is Consistency?" "Do it our way or else!"? So many Sith Sigma ideas.

So who do you think will be on the law picture? I say either Tarquin or the Lawyers

rbetieh
2012-03-14, 03:38 PM
So who do you think will be on the law picture? I say either Tarquin or the Lawyers

Well, by convention it wont be a member of the OOTS. Could be Director Lee "Law, The Devil is In the Details".

The Giant
2012-03-14, 10:45 PM

I wouldnt have bought it if it had a chick saying "I go both ways",

These, but mostly this:

That quote's already on a shirt, though.

And more to the point, I was deliberately looking at how I could feature Enor and Gannji on a shirt this year, since they had just finished their big scene in the arena. I didn't have plans to necessarily do a Neutral shirt until I realized I that could be their design.

Flame of Anor
2012-03-15, 04:33 AM
rather than, say, Chaotic Evil Jephton the Unholy with a "Sanity's too CONFINING!" caption

Darn it, now I kind of want that shirt.

The_Weirdo
2012-03-15, 11:05 PM
Darn it, now I kind of want that shirt.

Okay, you all heard it from me, people, so, if the Giant decides to do a Chaotic Evil shirt with Jephton and that caption, can I get royalties? :smallbiggrin:

The_Weirdo
2012-03-15, 11:26 PM

LAW
A Steady Job
Mr. Jones: "As per Federal Law no. 4622, you are entitled to a monthly paycheck and..." (trails off)
You WILL want to work for us.