PDA

View Full Version : So... Elements and Paladins?

SetArk
2012-03-14, 05:56 AM
Sooo... An friend of mine is starting an new campaing, and i'm thinking of going on an paladin of some sort.. But i got an idea for an paladin of the elements. We discussed the possibilities and got to an paladin of Obad-Hai, but the feeling of an paladin.. for him? It's just not nice, its strange somehow, and the paladin and its variatns still strange for an elemental fighter.

So i'm were thinking of an elemental paladin, something on the lawful neutal<Earth and Water(?)> or chaotic neutral<fire and air(?)> and abilities focused on dealing with the oposite element...
Anyone has any ideia how to do it, or if that allready have been made... Anyone can direct me ^^"?

Particle_Man
2012-03-14, 10:35 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is going with a cleric instead, and going away from a particular god and picking two domains (like say law and water).

Maybe favoured soul would be closer to what you want?

Red_Dog
2012-03-14, 11:23 AM
Sooo... An friend of mine is starting an new campaing, and i'm thinking of going on an paladin of some sort.. But i got an idea for an paladin of the elements. We discussed the possibilities and got to an paladin of Obad-Hai, but the feeling of an paladin.. for him? It's just not nice, its strange somehow, and the paladin and its variatns still strange for an elemental fighter.

So i'm were thinking of an elemental paladin, something on the lawful neutal<Earth and Water(?)> or chaotic neutral<fire and air(?)> and abilities focused on dealing with the oposite element...
Anyone has any ideia how to do it, or if that allready have been made... Anyone can direct me ^^"?

Try just going into a Divine Crusader. I DO know that people look down upon that class, but it has its Pros=>
Super easy reqs, fast spell progression [your class features are pretty much the spells], minor feats.

This class SHOULD have full BAB because its pretty much an of-shoot of a paladin. So your DM might help out with that.

Also since you mention ze old Oak [Obad-Hai] I actually have build a guy as his "paragon", meet Killoren Eternal Avatar of Obad-Hai!=>

Sword Sage 5+Ranger 4(bonus feat)+Exotic 1+Divine Crusader 10

Feats/Some class features=> Exotic Weapon[LongStaff], Combat Reflexes, Adaptive Style, Plants Devotion, Two-Weapon(2(both B)), Divine Might, Practiced Spell Caster, Focus[LongStaff](B)/Spec(B)/Mastery, Uncanny Blow, Quick to Act+2, AC/Dmg wiz bonus

Leap frog the Swordsage and Ranger, than get Exotic Weapon Master for Uncanny Blow and than progress with Divine Crusader of One of the Obad-Hai domains. I chose plants[uber underpowered], but you don't have to. Plants does give "seudo turning" which is why I tacked on Divine Might for Charisma as Dmg.

You get a flexible build which can hold his/her own in most fights be it vs one or many foes. ^^

Hope this helps a bit! ^^

Red_Dog
2012-03-14, 11:27 AM
*bump because of internal server error ONLY*

Bovine Colonel
2012-03-14, 01:10 PM
Have you considered perhaps making him a Sorcadin?

Paladin 2/Sorcerer 4/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Sacred Exorcist 8, in that order. For the elemental bit you could dabble in blasting; Arcane Thesis (Orb of Fire) or (Orb of Cold) can allow you a fair bit of metamagic on the best blasty spells. You could then apply Searing Spell or Piercing Cold, whichever applies, to get past resistances, and throw in a couple more metamagics (Empower Spell, Twin Spell, Energy Substitution, and Quicken Spell come to mind) to boost the damage to decent levels.

Anyone have any more to add to this and/or change it?

Rossebay
2012-03-14, 02:00 PM
Incanrate Paladin variant, Dragon 310.

Deals with elements.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-03-14, 02:08 PM
Well, there's always the FR god Kossuth, Lord of Flames.

He's from 3.5e Forgotten Realms, where he's an elemental primordial (whatever that means), and although he's TN, he explicitly counts as both TN and LN for the purposes of clerical alignment.

...which means that he can have LG followers. Like Paladins (or monks, but really? Who plays monks? :smallbiggrin:)