PDA

View Full Version : A Stretching of Probability

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-14, 07:40 AM
The story begins at the aptly named Inn on Mount Calagreld. Erected at the high point of the road that connects the capital cities of the United Provinces of Shafea to the east and the Kingdom of Gorvoss to the west, the Inn was once a bustling thoroughfare. The completion of a canal that connected Gorvoss Hall to the nearby sea allowed for simpler and cheaper trade by water. Foot traffic through the mountains that separated the countries dwindled until in recent times the Inn has fallen on hard times. Luckily, there are enough other points of interest in and around the mountains that the Inn still caters to the occasional customer.

You are one such customer. Your reasons for being in the Gownani Mountains are your own, but you find yourself stuck at the Inn while an unseasonable snowstorm works to destroy the shutters. Despite the roaring fires set in hearths at each end of a common room obviously meant to handle more patrons than it's likely to see again, the room is cold in spots as the wind gusts through cracks and holes in the door and shutters alike. The Inn on Mount Calagreld has definitely seen better days, but it is much better than suffering the storm outside.

The time is early evening. The seven of you have all taken rooms for the night, together, separate, or however you'd like. The only other patrons you've seen are three humanoids sitting at the bar. They arrived just after the storm and are still bundled in heavy coats. Judging by their frame, they are likely of human or elven lineage, and the one who ordered the drinks at least sounded male. Beyond that, it's hard to make out much about any of them.

stanleyindraven | Dromet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=378772) | Human Fighter, protector of those in need
emeraldemon | Naram (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=378810) | Gnome Oracle, seeker of knowledge
Rentaromon | Barz (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=28635) | Half-Giant Monk, questing for self-discipline
Man on Fire | Serp (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=379101) | Half-Orc Rogue, seeker of answers
shugyosha | Eophyn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=376741) | Elven Dervish, lost gypsy looking for home
bue52 | Eric Mistbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=379438) | Human Sorcerer, questing to prove himself
Thattaman | Zarazuket (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=24739) | Gnome Summoner, defender of those he calls friend

MAP:
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q526/ThatQuietGuy/Inn-1.png
Sorry about the poor quality of the map. It'll get better if I can find a mapping software that works better than Paint. The orange squares are the bar counter and tables. Brown squares are stools and chairs. Grey squares are the hearths. Arrows are doors. Blue leads to the kitchen, green to the hall, and purple outside. The skull and crossbones is the local purveyor of poison (the bartender). The three unknowns are represented by astrological symbols, because I was running out of other things to use. Let me know where you want your character to be in your first post and I'll add you to the map.

shugyosha
2012-03-14, 09:39 AM
Eophyn entered the bar from the hall. She knew her companions would join her soon enough. She saw the three other patrons at the bar and sized them up as she slowly made her way.

She wore her hair down covering her ears. The billowy purple pants and matching blouse felt much nicer than her traveling clothes. She hoped if there were more guests and many be a minstrel she could make some coin entertaining. While she didn't expect to go outside she kept her winter cloak close to her.

Finally making it to a table and chairs that had her back to the hearth and eyes covered all three doors, she waits for her friends.

sitting at D21

Rentaromon
2012-03-14, 11:41 AM
The front door opens with a gust of cold wind as a giant of a man with a huge 3 part staff around his neck walks in shaking as much snow off as he can. Barz closes the door and heads over to the hearth trying to look as calm as possible, but he was absolutely freezing.

He sits down by the hearth on the ground (e3) in a meditative position. Not that he knew what meditation is supposed to do but monks meditate, and he is a monk, so he is going to meditate.....and hopefully not fall asleep this time.

Training in the storm was useless, he could not see a thing and his fingers were so numb he could barely hold on to his weapon. To make things worse he was getting hungry again, and with only 5 gold to his name he had to hold back on spending to much.

barz does not even look around to see who was there, he just plops down by the fire.

Thattaman
2012-03-14, 12:58 PM
Zarazuket walks into the tavern. He walks straight up to the bartender and says Where's Eric, he said he'd be here by now? Do you have water for Xavius? He's an Eidolon, so he should only be drinking top quality water. I'll pay money. Does this water come free, I have money if you want it. My Eidolon deserves the best.

He tells the bartender this, the same way he talks to any non-friend, jabbering and with little regard to what they think.

He then walks away and waits at the table next to Barz. He instantly says, Do you like Eidolons? Mine's called Xavius. He's friendly. He speaks to Barz differently to how he speaks to most people. He is new in this town and is anxious to make new friends. Barz looks like somone who could protect Zarazuket and his Eidolon, so he intantly goes to him.

Location d3

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-14, 01:06 PM
The bartender seems a tad irritated at the gnome's rambling, but withstands the line of questioning without any overt display of emotion. "I haven't seen your friend," he says, pulling a cup from under the bar. Water flows into it from a spiggot nearby. "We've got one kind of water." He sets the mug on the bar. "Take it or leave it."

Thattaman
2012-03-14, 01:08 PM
Zarazuket runs up to the counter and grabs the water-making sure none of it spilt-he then runs out of the inn to the stables outside.

Rentaromon
2012-03-14, 01:24 PM
"Do you mind im...." Barz opens his eyes to see a tiny little man running off with a cup of water.

"Umm."

What an odd little man, he thinks to himself. Barz gets up and goes over to the counter finally dry, he sits down in one of the small stools and orders 3silver worth of food and drink, preferably meat and water.

Man on Fire
2012-03-14, 04:31 PM
Serp walked into the bar from the hall, looked suspiciously at everybody and everything.
“Large guy and his tiny comrade. Probably some criminal duo, I’ll come too close and small one will start telling me few things about social justice while his buddy will be breaking my hands. Trio at the bar, probably hired killers. Not good.”
He adjusted his green beret, the only distinctive part of his gray and brown uniform, under which he was hiding an armor, (and to think he thought of leaving it in his room. He felt much safer in it now. Okay a little, but still) and tried to walk to Eophyn, without getting too close to either of two groups and don’t look suspicious. He has next to Eophyn (c20)
“You had to sit so far away? These guys could kill me.” He whispered to her, irritated. Though he had to say, she clearly picked good spot, that could allow her to observe everybody. But he wouldn’t admit that. He decided to observe three cloaked figures at the bar, while she can watch the doors and those two.
“What is keeping Dromet so long?” He thought to himself. He clearly felt better in companion of both his new friends.

shugyosha
2012-03-14, 04:48 PM
Eophyn gave Serp an enigmatic smile, "I thought you'd like this table. It has the best view and no one is going to sneak up on you."

Pointing with a nod she asks, "Doesn't that big guy look familiar... what was that guy's name Fessik or something... you know the guy, he kept rhyming things all the time."

Rentaromon
2012-03-14, 05:18 PM
Barz would be close enough to hear something from the cloaked people.

[roll0]

forgot to say im eating at I-14.

Zazazuket is outside somewhere apparently.

Man on Fire
2012-03-14, 06:27 PM
"Yeah, I know. Serp muttered to himself. He really didn't wanted to sound so grumpy, but couldn't help himself. He was way to nervous.

"Yeah, I remember him, nice guy. But that short boss of his was totally cheating at cards, little bastard. I hope he will get poisoned or something." Serp discretely looked at large man. But be careful, this one may not be so nice. Actually, he looks like a fan of smashing bones, rather than rhyming.

emeraldemon
2012-03-14, 06:46 PM
Naram walks in through the hall, takes a quick look around, and climbs up on a stool between Barz and the strangers, looking comically small next to the half-giant.

He looks at Barz, then at Sagittarius, then grins.

"Quite a blizzard for this time of year, don't you think?"

Rentaromon
2012-03-14, 07:01 PM
Barz looks down at the small woman next to him, nearly looking straight down.

"Indeed."

Barz took a long drink.

"You here with the other little one? He ran out the front door a few minutes ago, i think he may have gone mad."

Who is Sagittarius? a pet?

emeraldemon
2012-03-14, 07:11 PM
Naram laughs. Yes, Zarazuket will be out with his Eidolon, I'm guessing. And you, big one? You travel alone?

I just meant the stranger at I18. I guess I'm sitting at I14?

shugyosha
2012-03-14, 07:22 PM
"Yeah, I know. Serp muttered to himself. He really didn't wanted to sound so grumpy, but couldn't help himself. He was way to nervous.

"Yeah, I remember him, nice guy. But that short boss of his was totally cheating at cards, little bastard. I hope he will get poisoned or something." Serp discretely looked at large man. But be careful, this one may not be so nice. Actually, he looks like a fan of smashing bones, rather than rhyming.

"He looks like he's alone. We could use more muscle, right? Someone like him could scare his way out of a fight," Eophyn answered as she pulled her coat tighter.

Rentaromon
2012-03-14, 07:39 PM
Naram laughs. Yes, Zarazuket will be out with his Eidolon, I'm guessing. And you, big one? You travel alone?

I just meant the stranger at I18. I guess I'm sitting at I14?

"Indeed I am."

How odd for someone not even half his height to talk to him as if nothing is wrong, so different from his home village or any of the schools. Maybe its just these odd short people that are different.

"I travel to improve my body and mind with the crystal perfection of...um... I travel to find a master to train under."

Im in 14, so that leaves you in 16, right next to one of the hooded guys.

Man on Fire
2012-03-14, 08:29 PM
"Indeed. Go talk to him if you want, you're the face of this team, right?" Serp muttered to himself. He never was good with people and never understood even how he got Dromet and Eophyn following him. They probably just didn't had anything else to do. Anyway, he knew his limits and understood where was a time to let things to his colleagues. He was in fact little worried about getting new members to their team - what if they'll find another thief, just slightly better than him and maybe even stronger? Once he'll become redundant, they'll get rid of him for sure."Just...em...be careful, okay?" He said, trying to just look concerned.

shugyosha
2012-03-14, 08:50 PM
"Well..." she sounded a little uncertain. "I'll wait until Dromet gets here. You know, just in case..."

bue52
2012-03-14, 09:57 PM
Eric was in the kitchen having a rather lovely conversation with the cook and barmaid. He comes out of the kitchen with a freshly cooked bowl of gruel, stuffing himself silly, when he noticed Zarazuket, waves his spoon around and walks towards him.

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-15, 01:27 AM
The three mysterious people at the bar are saying nothing, at least not audibly. After a while, the one in the middle orders another round of "the same" in a gruff baritone. As the bartender refills the three mugs, he turns his head toward the newcomers seated at the bar, then shrugs slightly, and goes back to staring at the bar.

OOC Sorry. I'm posting from work, which means I can't update the map yet. I'll do so when I get home.

EDIT: Fixed

stanleyindraven
2012-03-15, 08:05 AM
Dromet enters the room. Just under average height for a human but with a well chisled physique, he was carrying a large sword on his back and clinking along in his chain shirt. "Can't imagine anyone being okay stuck indoors like this. Adventure to be had and we hide from a storm. What say you," he loudly gestures as he walks over and sits next to Serp. (D19) Dromet eyes the bundled trio closely. "You don't suppose they are here for you do you," he whispers loudly to Serp.

Man on Fire
2012-03-15, 09:18 AM
"Louder, not everybody in the building heard you."Whispered Serp. Now he was angry - he kept telling Dromet to not bring that up when they aren't alone, and he just keept doing exactly that. And I think everybody is about to get me. Always."

shugyosha
2012-03-15, 09:56 AM
"I'm sure they are," she says with a chuckle. "Why don't you keep an eye on those three and Dromet can keep an eye on me," she whispers to her friends. Then in a louder voice, "I'll get us some food."

Eophyn sallies up to the bar next to the Barz but talks to the bar keep, "Three meals for us and a round of ale."

Once her order is made to looks up to the large man, "You're not exactly dressed for the cold. What brings you up here?"

Standing at I15

Thattaman
2012-03-15, 10:51 AM
Zarazuket runs back in the building and sits next to Barz (I12). He looks imediatley to Naram who is also sat next to Barz.

Hi, Naram. Have you met this big man next to me aswell? I was just outside feeding Xavius. Do you want to see him? We can bring our big new friend also. Do you know Eric, he's sat down over their. Zarazuket points to where Eric is sat. Hey Eric! Do you know my friend Naram. He was a scribe at your uncle's school as well! He talks back to Naram Do you remember Eric? He was the nephew of master Jose. He looks happy, that he's made a new acquaintence without runnig out the room more than five times.

Rentaromon
2012-03-15, 12:36 PM
OK its not the small people, everyone here is strange Barz thought to himself.

"Uhh, excuse me, i need to meditate." Barz gets up and returns to the place by the hearth and takes a meditate stance, hoping the strangers would leave him alone. Small-talk would not help him to become a powerful warrior, also he was not use to it at all.

Thattaman
2012-03-15, 12:52 PM
OK its not the small people, everyone here is strange Barz thought to himself.

"Uhh, excuse me, i need to meditate." Barz gets up and returns to the place by the hearth and takes a meditate stance, hoping the strangers would leave him alone. Small-talk would not help him to become a powerful warrior, also he was not use to it at all.

Zarazuket gets agitated when he's ignored so he runs up to Barz and starts to ask him about whether he's heard of Eidolons

Do you know what an Eidolon is? I've got mine outside, Do you want to see it?

Rentaromon
2012-03-15, 01:12 PM
Zarazuket gets agitated when he's ignored so he runs up to Barz and starts to ask him about whether he's heard of Eidolons

Do you know what an Eidolon is? I've got mine outside, Do you want to see it?

Barz opens his eyes to see the gnome at eye level with him. Now this tiny one is getting annoying.

"Leave me be, i have no desire to see your pet Odolon or whatever it is."

Is this going to be a full on open world game, or is at least a starting story going to thrust itself on us?

Thattaman
2012-03-15, 01:59 PM
Barz opens his eyes to see the gnome at eye level with him. Now this tiny one is getting annoying.

"Leave me be, i have no desire to see your pet Odolon or whatever it is."

Zarazuket instantly turns around and makes a mental note never to speak to strangely tall people again.

It's called an EIdolon anyway!

He walks over to Eric and talks to him.
Have you got our room sorted out yet?

shugyosha
2012-03-15, 02:26 PM
Eophyn watched as the large man left and the gnome followed. She turned to look at the three sitting at the bar; smiled at them and waited for her food. Dropping a gold piece she took the food to her table. "The big guys isn't much of a talking type," she said as she handed out the food.

[roll0] perception check on the three 'strangers' at the bar

Man on Fire
2012-03-15, 03:18 PM
"Can you blame him?" Serp muttered, taking the beer from Eophyn."Once you have body like this, you dont need to talk to anyone.".
He dranks slowly, discretly observing three hooded strangers.

[roll0] Perception check on strangers

stanleyindraven
2012-03-15, 03:31 PM
"A body like yours," Dromet exclaimed in wonderment as he looked at Serp. "Well, I don't know about that, thank you for grabbing the food. You would have made a great bar wench," Dromet mused as he looked over at Eophyn with a smile.

shugyosha
2012-03-15, 03:40 PM
"Can you blame him?" Serp muttered, taking the beer from Eophyn."Once you have body like this, you dont need to talk to anyone.".
He dranks slowly, discretly observing three hooded strangers.

"You always need friends," she said to her half orc companion.

"A body like yours," Dromet exclaimed in wonderment as he looked at Serp. "Well, I don't know about that, thank you for grabbing the food. You would have made a great bar wench," Dromet mused as he looked over at Eophyn with a smile.

Eophyn gives a steely stare back; she is not amused. "I get food for my friends not for strangers."

Man on Fire
2012-03-15, 04:37 PM
"You always need friends," she said to her half orc companion.

Well said." Serp said, smiling.
"When he is done with... whatever he is doing, we'll talk with him again. The more friends, the better, right?"

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-16, 06:53 AM
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q526/ThatQuietGuy/Inn.png

The bartender takes the money offered and steps into the kitchen, returning quickly with three plates of food. He fills three mugs and sets them on a tray for you.

The three people sitting at the bar seem almost asleep for a while. No talking, very little movement at all aside from occasionally drinking from the mug in front of them. Eventually, the one in the middle, the one who'd spoken earlier, turns around and peers at the table behind them. Scowling, he stands from the stool he'd been perched on and pulls back his hood, revealing himself to be a human male with short blonde hair, stubble under a large nose, and three rings through the top of his left ear.

"Why do I get this itchin' on the back of me neck, like you three been watchin' me?" His head sweeps around slowly, taking a look at each of the seven of you. "What's with all the noise in 'ere anyway?"

He unfolds his arms, which causes his thick cloak to fall back. You can see that he's got a pair of daggers in a sheath on his right side and short sword sheathed on his left. "If you don't mind, my associates and I would like to sit out this blasted storm in peace."

stanleyindraven
2012-03-16, 07:17 AM
"Well, far be it from me to point out, but this is the main hall. If you want quiet, get a room," Dromet chuckles.

shugyosha
2012-03-16, 09:41 AM
Well said." Serp said, smiling.
"When he is done with... whatever he is doing, we'll talk with him again. The more friends, the better, right?"

"And that's why you're the smart one," she said with a wink.

"Why do I get this itchin' on the back of me neck, like you three been watchin' me?" His head sweeps around slowly, taking a look at each of the seven of you. "What's with all the noise in 'ere anyway?"

He unfolds his arms, which causes his thick cloak to fall back. You can see that he's got a pair of daggers in a sheath on his right side and short sword sheathed on his left. "If you don't mind, my associates and I would like to sit out this blasted storm in peace."

Eophyn said nothing, though she thought it funny as Serp and herself seemed the only ones to take an interest in the three. The others were obviously preoccupied with themselves. She was about to take another bite from her food when her other companion spoke up.

"Well, far be it from me to point out, but this is the main hall. If you want quiet, get a room," Dromet chuckles.

Teasing a man like that isn't going to end well, she thought. Slowly and carefully she loosened the curve blade under her coat so that it might be drawn if things go as badly as she expects.

From her days of traveling with the gypsies, does she recognize this man or organization he might belong to. Does ear rings mean anything to her?
[roll0] Knowledge local

guess not:smallannoyed:

Rentaromon
2012-03-16, 10:59 AM
It seems tensions are high, barz keeps an eye open while still meditating. Maybe he will get a chance to test his metal against a real person, not just practicing on trees.

He thought about yelling something out to see if he can start the fight himself, but thats is not what a monk would do, even if it sounds real fun.

bue52
2012-03-16, 11:21 AM
"Of course, and a little more something something that the barmaid has graciously placed on the house. Also I've heard of you before," as Eric nods at Naram with a smile, "but this is the first time I've met you in person. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." Eric walks up to Naram and extends his hand invitingly.

emeraldemon
2012-03-16, 01:14 PM
Pleasure's all mine! Says Naram. But what brings you and Zara way out here?

Man on Fire
2012-03-16, 04:01 PM
"Great, were gonna get killed." Serp thought to himself, discretly checking his weapons, hidden under his clothes. He was ready to jump away in the case if stranger'll desice to attack them, leaving close fighting to others, and try to deal with his companions. Thee on three,if none of them is a wizard, they would have equal chances. But Serp still hoped Eophyn will get them out of this mess.

stanleyindraven
2012-03-16, 08:44 PM
"Ha ha ha, you jest too much friend," Dromet bellows to Serp. He then looks at the stranger and smiles a very large and disturbing grin.

Intimidate [roll0]

Edited for color

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-17, 08:43 AM
The aggressive man looks worried by the face of the warrior sitting nonchalantly before him. Eyebrows furrowed, he plops down into the seat he'd just vacated, still looking at the table.

This movement causes the other two to turn around in confusion. What light spills under their hoods shows almost identical short-trimmed beards. The one on the left (Sagittarius), scowls and puts a hand under his cloak. The other (Aries) seems at ease.

"Hey now," the bartender says in a level tone, "if you're gonna fight, take it out into the storm. If you wreck my common room, they'll be trouble." As if to emphasize his words, he reaches one hand under the bar and leaves it there.

Man on Fire
2012-03-17, 10:35 AM
"Guys, we don't want to fight. We can get along, right?" Said Serp, raising from the table with his hands in front of him and open, to show he doesn't have any hostile intentions."We're sorry for starring, you need to forgive men, I'm a very suspicious individual and em...you know, I...em...stare at people all the time. How about we buy you guys a drink and forget about the whole thing?". He tried to look friendly and not afraid. He was failing at it.
"We're so much screwed." He thought to himself.

Roll for Diplomacy
[roll0]

shugyosha
2012-03-17, 11:12 AM
Eophyn knew the routine, Dormet never backing down, Serp always backing down. She looked at the large man in the corner, he was looking for a fight, the smaller ones were too busy to even notice what was going on.

"No one is going to fight here. Because none of use whats to fight in the storm. Right?" she said in her most authoritative voice.

[roll0] Intimidate

emeraldemon
2012-03-17, 11:21 AM
Surely tonight's less of a night for swordclashes, and more of a night for booze and bragging around the hearth? I'm sure you all have some great stories, and I'm a story collector first and formost!

Diplomacy [roll0]

What happens if half the party tries to intimidate and the other half tries diplomacy :smalltongue:

Thattaman
2012-03-17, 04:07 PM
Zarazuket decides that these people near him are going to get violent. He grabs out his Morningstar and summons his Eidolon.
"OK, everyone calm down! I will attasck if anyone touches me, Xavius, Eric or Naram. But I don't want to fight. Everyone just put your weapons down." He says this not knowing he's the only one with his weapon out.

Thattaman
2012-03-17, 04:12 PM
My roll
[roll0]
Diplomacy

Rentaromon
2012-03-17, 10:02 PM
Zarazuket decides that these people near him are going to get violent. He grabs out his Morningstar and summons his Eidolon.
"OK, everyone calm down! I will attasck if anyone touches me, Xavius, Eric or Naram. But I don't want to fight. Everyone just put your weapons down." He says this not knowing he's the only one with his weapon out.

"Put your weapon away you tiny fool, all they want is some privacy!" Barz yells at zarazuet. However he now stands up, feeling the tension in the room.

If needed ill intimidate him to put away his weapon:

[roll0] might get a small bonus from size seeing as im twice his height.

stanleyindraven
2012-03-17, 10:20 PM
"HO, this is a good time indeed. I feel none would like to fight the storm and others so let us give praise to mirth and drink well," Dromet exclaims as he stares at the small morningstar.

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-18, 09:24 AM
The barrage of overt threats and attempts at calming him down serves only to confuse and annoy the overtly hostile man. His mixed emotional state is then made more volatile by a gnome drawing a weapon. Frustrated, he lashes out.

Use Magic Device: [roll0]

In a smooth, quick action, he pulls a stick from under his cloak and points it at the gnome holding the morningstar. With a flick and a word, the surprise round is over.

Thus begins combat.
{table]Character | Initiative
Barz | [roll1]
Eric | [roll4]
Sagittarius | [roll9]
Eophyn | [roll3]
Serp | [roll6]
Aries | [roll10]
Leo | [roll8]
Dromet | [roll2]
Zarazuket | [roll7]
Naram | [roll5][/table]

In combat, please wait your turn to post unless you're using a free action or doing something that requires it not being you're turn. Barz, looks like you're first. Zarazu and Erik, roll will saves on or before your turn. I'll PM you the DC and what happens if you fail it.

On a side note, I honestly didn't expect him to make that check.

Thattaman
2012-03-18, 09:57 AM
OK, please don't fall unconcious Zara
[roll0]
Yay, I haven't dropped out of our first combat

Rentaromon
2012-03-18, 11:32 AM
Barz runs as a full round action to F19, taking his weapon from around his neck and holding it at the ready while facing the cloaked man.

"It seems you just wanted an excuse to fight, then lets go! You, me, outside, im sure a good fight and the snow will cool you off."

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-19, 02:30 PM
As Eric falls to floor unconscious, Sagittarius steps around his stool (taking a 5-foot step), pulls a sap from his belt, and aims it at Naram, hoping for an early knockout.

Sap Attack against flat-footed AC13: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-19, 02:33 PM
OOC: Ouch... crit...

Confirm: [roll0]
Additional damage: [roll1]

So not a crit. 6 damage total. Nonlethal, even.

MAP:

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q526/ThatQuietGuy/Inn-2.png

shugyosha
2012-03-19, 02:50 PM
Eophyn

Standing up quickly, the young elf draws her weapon and steps to the side. "This isn't our fight, Serp. And they haven't used deadly force... What's your choice?"

Anyone looking can see that she is ready but has not taken an aggressive posture.

5 ft step to d22. Draw weapon. Fighting defensive.

Rentaromon
2012-03-19, 04:04 PM
Wait why did he attack the gnome?

Also technically you cant fight defensively unless you attack, i would allow it but that choice is thequietguys.

Thattaman
2012-03-19, 04:13 PM
Wait why did he attack the gnome?

Also technically you cant fight defensively unless you attack, i would allow it but that choice is thequietguys.

because he was confused and I had drwn my weapon. Or he's sizeist. :smalltongue:

Rentaromon
2012-03-19, 05:43 PM
because he was confused and I had drwn my weapon. Or he's sizeist. :smalltongue:

but it wasn't the confused guy, and it wasn't the summoner he attacked.

emeraldemon
2012-03-19, 05:55 PM
Well Zara and I were talking together earlier, and we are both gnomes. I can understand him assuming that if Zara was attacking, so was I.

Man on Fire
2012-03-19, 07:25 PM
"Well I doubt those guys share your opinion."
Said Serp and hidden under the table (D20), preparing his crossbow.

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-20, 04:25 AM
Aries moves to take a defensive position between the oncoming giant and his comrades, pulling a rapier and dagger as he does so. The eerie grin on his face, not much different than the one Dromet wears, is perhaps unsettling, but simply a testament to the fact that he might have an enjoyable fight for once.

Move to H19, draw weapons, stand defensively, staring at Barz.

In the meantime, Leo pulls a dagger from his cloak and throws it at the same foe. He barely gives it time to make it to its target before diving over the bar behind him to take up position on the other side.

Quick Draw dagger
Dagger attack against AC16: [roll0]
Potential crit confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Potential crit damage: [roll3]
Move to K20, drawing another dagger
EDIT: no hit

MAP
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q526/ThatQuietGuy/Inn-6.png

stanleyindraven
2012-03-20, 07:09 AM
"Let them sort it out and keep them from hurting the barkeep," Dromet says as he takes a drink from his mug.

shugyosha
2012-03-20, 09:43 AM
Eophyn

The comely elven girl darts a look at her friend. Those words were not what she expected.

OCC: Not really an action but I thought I should post a reaction to Dromet.

Thattaman
2012-03-20, 10:53 AM
Zarazuket. angered by the attack on him, jumps straight into action. He runs towards the closest the man who attacked Naram(I9). His Eidolon does the same but he gets a lot closer H13. Zarazuket casts mage armour on Naram.

stanleyindraven
2012-03-20, 12:31 PM
With the threat being directed in his direction he will stand and kick his chair back while drawing this sword in a flurry of flashy movements. (Dazzling Display: Intimidate)

Intimidate: [roll0]

emeraldemon
2012-03-20, 05:22 PM
"Ouch!" Naram sees Eric fall from the wand. I really don't want to fight this guy, maybe I can at least help Eric somehow. He runs from the attacker and towards Eric.

Full round Withdraw to K9

Rentaromon
2012-03-21, 09:43 AM
Barz takes a step forward and enters crane stance(fighting defensively) then unleashes his flurry of blows at the enemy.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

edit: well probably didnt hit, but thats ok cuz i messed up my damage roll. At least i have 21 AC vs the guy in front of me, 20 to range or if someone else threatens me in melee.

shugyosha
2012-03-21, 10:26 AM
With the threat being directed in his direction he will stand and kick his chair back while drawing this sword in a flurry of flashy movements. (Dazzling Display: Intimidate)

Intimidate: [roll0]

Now that was what Eophyn expected from her friend.

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-21, 05:08 PM
Sagittarius is visibly irritated by his foe slipping away. Combined with the moves of the sword-wielding man to his right, he decides it's best to stay on one opponent as a time. He climbs up onto the bar and saunters toward where the gnome has run. He growls at the other gnome circling around, "Stay put, or you'll be the first to die."

Move to J13
Demoralize Zara, DC14 [roll0]

Zara is shaken (-2 attack, saving throw, skill check, ability check) for 2 rounds.

Rentaromon
2012-03-22, 08:21 PM
anyone gonna post?

emeraldemon
2012-03-22, 08:40 PM
I believe it's shugyosha's turn, unless that post was the only action. Barz attacked, Eric is unconscious, Sagittarius moved.

shugyosha
2012-03-22, 10:14 PM
Eophyn pinwheels her legs in the air, land on the hearth then jumps on to the bar in one deft step. With a quick skip she was behind the bar slicing

Sorry about not posting. RL got in the way.

Battle dance +10' movement and Dance of Courage +1 hit and damage
move to K21
[roll0] Acrobatics
[roll1] to hit
[roll2] damage
[roll3] crit
[roll4] crit damage

Man on Fire
2012-03-23, 09:17 AM
"Here goes my plan of taking one of them hostage." Serp thinks to himself, seeing Eophyn attacking one of the three enemies.
Serp rolls out from the table towars the bar, jumps back to standing position and shoots at the guy fighting with Eophyn.

First time rolling for fight, forgive me if I screw something up.
[roll0]Acrobatics if I have to roll one.
[roll1] Attack Roll
[roll2] Damage Roll +[roll3] if it counts a Sneak Attack (guy IS fighting Eophyn right now) (also, just now I realized I don't own a crossbow but slingshot. One day I'm going to forget my head)
[roll4] crit
[roll5]

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-24, 04:53 PM
(Serp: I need a coordinate from you. Also, it's not considered a sneak attack because he's not flanked.)

Aries deftly dodges the giant's blows and ripostes with his rapier and dagger.

Rapier Attack vs AC21: [roll0]
Rapier Damage: [roll1]
Rapier Crit: [roll2]
Rapier Crid Damage: [roll3]

Dagger Attack vs AC21: [roll4]
Dagger Damage: [roll5]
Dagger Crit: [roll6]
Dagger Crit Damage: [roll7]

Also, for the record, Rentaromon, flurry of blows is a full-attack action, which means you shouldn't be able to move and then use it. Not a huge deal this time, since you missed, but it's just one of those fun facets of the rules that makes fighting with two weapons that much more pointless.

Leo tries to strike out at the enemy coming at him, but she is too quick and he takes a blade across the chest regardless. Confused and irritated, and made even more so by the rock he notices whizzing by his head, he pulls a shortsword with his off-hand and launches his own attack.

Dagger Attack vs AC15: [roll8]
Dagger Damage: [roll9]
Dagger Crit: [roll10]
Dagger Crit Damage: [roll11]

Ssword Attack vs AC15: [roll12]
Ssword Damage: [roll13]
Ssword Crit: [roll14]
Ssword Crit Damage: [roll15]

EDIT: Wow, those are some pretty crappy attack roles all around. Luck is in your favor, it seems.

Rentaromon
2012-03-24, 09:44 PM
I took a 5 foot step not a move action.

stanleyindraven
2012-03-27, 11:41 AM
Move up to G20 and plant my sword in the side of Aries.

Power Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

If Crit: [roll2]
Crit Dmg: [roll3]

Rentaromon
2012-03-28, 11:59 PM
waiting on thattaman and emeraldemon.

Thattaman
2012-03-29, 10:14 AM
Zara runns towards the closest enemy (I13) and attacks him with his morningstar

Attack [roll0]
Dmg [roll1]

Potential Crit [roll2]
Crit Dmg [roll3]

My eidolon runs up to another enemy (H18)

Attack [roll4]
Dmg [roll5]

Potential crit [roll6]
Crit Dmg[roll7]

emeraldemon
2012-03-29, 11:14 AM
Naram looks warily at the person chasing him, and lays a hand on Eric.

If you can wake up, now would be the time!

Naram Casts resistance (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/resistance.html) on Eric. he gets +1 on all saving throws for the next 1 minute. I have no idea if that will help, but it seems worth a try.

ThatQuietGuy
2012-03-29, 01:58 PM
Start of Round 3
Eric is woken up, provided that Naram was attempting to do so.

Aries is lying on the floor broken and bleeding after Dromet's attack.

Barz's turn...

Also, new map.
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q526/ThatQuietGuy/Inn-7.png

emeraldemon
2012-03-29, 03:40 PM
Eric is woken up, provided that Naram was attempting to do so.

Yes, I was trying to wake him up :)

Rentaromon
2012-04-01, 05:45 PM
Barz transforms into a robot and fires missiles at everyone in the room.

Roll for rocket damage cuz i cant miss.[roll0]

April Fools!

Thattaman
2012-04-02, 06:23 AM
Well, Zarazuket turns into the god of robots and kills eveyone on the planet.

Good one Rentaromon

Rentaromon
2012-04-02, 10:47 PM
ok i forget what do all the symbols and letters stand for?

emeraldemon
2012-04-02, 10:53 PM
♈ - Aries
♐ - Sagittarius
♌ - Leo

Ei is Zara's summon (Eidolon), everyone else is a PC.

shugyosha
2012-04-02, 11:14 PM
B for Barz
:smallbiggrin:

Rentaromon
2012-04-03, 12:52 PM
♈ - Aries
♐ - Sagittarius
♌ - Leo

Ei is Zara's summon (Eidolon), everyone else is a PC.

who is the skull and crossbones? what happened to the guy i was fighting? And i still dont know why we are trying to kill each other, why they are just attacking everyone at the bar for no reason, why the bartender is just sitting there no doing or saying anything. I dont even know what are story is meant to be.

This is very confusing.

stanleyindraven
2012-04-03, 01:02 PM
They got offended, attacked. The skull is bartender and Dromet dropped the other guy.

stanleyindraven
2012-04-04, 06:49 AM
Dromet will top the bar and try to land in K19 to swing his sword down at Leo.

Acrobatics if needed [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Crit Conf [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Rentaromon
2012-04-04, 08:23 AM
Barz will move to strike the enemy behind the counter, going in a small circle around to get a flank with Eo(whoever that is), going around his attack range to avoid attack of opportunity.

acrobatics if need [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Damage[roll2]

Dromet will top the bar and try to land in K19 to swing his sword down at Leo.

Acrobatics if needed [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Crit Conf [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

I still got to do my turn, and you did weapon damage wrong, but you probably get a crit!

Rentaromon
2012-04-04, 08:27 AM
crud after that natural 20 on acrobatics i get a nat 1 on the attack, rolling for crit fail confirmation.

[roll0]

Man on Fire
2012-04-05, 01:01 PM
(I know it's not mu turn but I may not be able to post during Easter and doesn't want to stop the game)

Serph jumps at the table (D20) and attacks Eophyn'sopponent with the slingshot.

Acrobatics[roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
If crit: [roll3], damage [roll4]

Rentaromon
2012-04-05, 03:41 PM
posting in this is very slow, especially the DM. unfortunate!!

emeraldemon
2012-04-06, 05:28 PM
posting in this is very slow, especially the DM. unfortunate!!

I think we might be waiting on bue52 (Eric), since he's awake now. I just PM'd him.

Don't forget we were waiting on you for a few days :smallsmile:

bue52
2012-04-08, 06:47 AM
Eric finally awakes, shakes his head a little in his attempts to completely remove the effect of whatever spell affected him. He then takes aim at the same guy who attacked him. And casts magic missile. He then crouches down and takes cover behind the table.

Magic Missile damage: [roll0]