PDA

View Full Version : Twinned wish?

Caiphon
2012-03-14, 01:00 PM
Hey guys! How are you?

I was wondering if you could help me with something, i was arguing with my Dm about heavy metamagic, and he made a weird example of something he'd allow: a twinned wish.

We are in a heavy-epic campaign, and i want to see how this goes, although i don't know how it should work, what's your opinion?

White text! Lolz!

Skyrunner
2012-03-14, 02:43 PM
By RAW it seems to be fine.

... It would take a mightily epic character to have a 13th level slot, though ;P

Andion Isurand
2012-03-14, 03:14 PM
unless its done via metamagic rod

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-14, 06:46 PM
unless its done via metamagic rod

Or simple metamagic reducers.

Would you lose 10k xp from a twinned wish?

Dante & Vergil
2012-03-29, 02:09 AM
Or simple metamagic reducers.

Would you lose 10k xp from a twinned wish?

Crap, I don't know this either, so I'm going to have to ask the same question.

The Mentalist
2012-03-29, 02:23 AM
RAW seems to say no it would not cost twice the XP.

Twin Spell says "The spell takes effect twice" not "Is cast twice" Repeat Spell would seem to do the same thing.

I am of course open to debate on it but from my reading Twin Wish is still 5k XP (and a Rod of Greater Twin just became worth it to me)

Wavelab
2012-03-29, 06:02 AM
RAW seems to say no it would not cost twice the XP.

Twin Spell says "The spell takes effect twice" not "Is cast twice" Repeat Spell would seem to do the same thing.

I am of course open to debate on it but from my reading Twin Wish is still 5k XP (and a Rod of Greater Twin just became worth it to me)

This is true.

But even though wish is a powerful spell it's effects aren't usually needed twice in succession(Unless you're planning on getting the +5 inherit bonus to scores). And if you're in a heavy-epic campaign I'm sure epic magic can accomplish much more.