PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Help me Build Donkey Kong and Rambi

Mr. Zolrane
2012-03-14, 04:01 PM
I found myself in a rather ridiculous mood this morning and decided I wanted to build a Pathfinder character to simulate Donkey Kong and Rambi the Rhino from the Donkey Kong Country series.

I figured a druid of some flavor would be a good place to start, but the bottom line is I want an ape riding a rhino. Anyone know any good archetypes/feats/spells to make this work? I'm not worried about optimization, as I am doing this for the silly, but if you have a build that can make this actually viable, that's a lovely bonus and please share. :smalltongue:

Vizzerdrix
2012-03-14, 04:03 PM
Umm... Anthro gorilla Paladin with a rhino mount?

Mr. Zolrane
2012-03-14, 04:09 PM
Umm... Anthro gorilla Paladin with a rhino mount?

Maybe an Anthro-gorilla Antipaladin. DK is, after all, evil, as he has been known to commit mass murder over some bananas... And yes, I am in a silly mood today, thank you for noticing.

That could work, but I would like to avoid templates if I can and get this solely through class features. That's kinda why I started with druid, for the wildshape. Now that I sit back and think of it, actually getting an ape on a rhino shouldn't be too difficult, so I'm now enamored of the idea of actually making it good...

Psyren
2012-03-14, 10:05 PM
You could port in Hadozee from 3.5 Stormwrack (they are LA 0 gorilla-men.) Maybe add the Throw Anything feat for the barrels?

Blyte
2012-03-14, 11:19 PM
Gestalt: Ape Shaman Druid + Barbarian (Hurler or Mounted Fury.. unfortunately I think they both take away fast movement)

you can turn into a huge sized dire ape at lvl 6 as an ape shammy. large sized at lvl 4.

it makes for a pretty good switch hitter by level 8 (you can stay ape for 24 hours/day). you use vital strike with a huge sized club with shillelagh cast on it 2handed and throw big chunks of rock with hurling (I used ground breaker to make the rubble for me to throw). With vital strike they both hit for hand fulls of d6s, and at 11th it's just silly how many d6s you get with improved vital strike.. you start thowing 4x4 pieces of the ground for ~24d6+Str+PA(2handed) and smack things with tree sized clubs for around the same.

I made another version that was a ranger(shape shifter+natural weapon style)+ape shaman(rage domain) to still be able to rage. by level 10 he was clubbing for 18d6+36 and had +26 to hit... the DM stopped playing gestalt. My friends' fighter+magus archer did even more damage than me tho.. it was just a silly game.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-03-15, 09:58 AM
DK is, after all, evil, as he has been known to commit mass murder over some bananas...

Wait, that's NOT what every barbarian does when their favorite food is taken? Okay, maybe not the neutral good ones...

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-03-15, 10:14 AM
Donkey Kong:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ape.htm

Rambi:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/rhinoceros.htm

/thread