PDA

View Full Version : Athas Unchained IC: Group A

nazgulnine
2012-03-14, 07:18 PM
Athas Unchained
Chapter 1: Black Sun Rising
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236179) Thread

A man clad in black smirks and with a wave of his hand, his cadre disappeared into the bazaar's crowd. The freshly-captured slaves, sitting in their wooden cages, are carted through the main street of Draj, toward the imposing clay-brick colosseum that lay in the center of the city's commercial hub: the Palace of Gladiatorial Combat.

The jaunty sounds of bells and whistles abound in the bazaar of Draj, where arguments are heard among stall vendors and patrons. Children mock the slaves as they pass, running alongside the howdahs, now carted by two massive, golden-scaled crodlu. One slave remarks how the slavemaster should have let the mekillot rampage through the city. The tan-skinned mul that awoke each of you before entering Draj struts up and down within the cage. You notice that aside from him and the five of you, there are six more slaves within the barge.

After much rustling, the crodlu soon slow to a stop and within moments, the rear of the cage has been opened, leading downward, into a tunnel. The tanned mul, who seems to be in charge of you, steps out first.
"Alright, boys and girls. It's showtime. Follow me, and we'll get suited up." As he continues, he briefly stops to make note of one thing. "The master says that anyone who stays behind gets to play with the mekillot."

The tunnel leads into a large, circular room furnished with tables, adorned with a great variety of bone and stone weapons. Various hides and shells are arrayed beside them. The mul leads you to a scarred, grey-haired man you recognize from the head of the caravan. Garbed in crimson robes, he sports a wicked-looking obsidian sword at his side.
"Good work, Grot. Fall in line, skags." The mul steps to one side and sets to work handling the various weapons.

"I don't care who you are or where you came from, but all men deserve to be free. All free men want to be entertained. That's what I do here. I provide the entertainment. Y'all are greener'n'an inix's backside, but for the ones that get lucky... if you get lucky... yer freedom's yours. Now I'm givin' you a choice. Step up to the mul beside me and he'll get you fitted for the Palace. For those of you not of Draj, lemme be the one to tell you this place'll likely be your graves. You might think you're hot crap, but that don't mean crap here. So, which one 'a you's first?"

The man exits through one of the gates, closing it behind him. The tanned mul, named Grot, clears his throat.
"The master's a good man. Do well in the battles, and he'll treat you in kind. Come on up and give me your name and what you can do. I'll try and get you something appropriate."

meemaas
2012-03-14, 07:54 PM
Xiro

Xiro stepped up to the man who requested them, and cleared his throat. "Xiro Nicoto. I keep idiots from getting killed." He refused to make eye contact with the man, instead keeping his gaze on a doorway behind him. "I assume in this case, my job is to keep the rest of these slack jawed fools from being disemboweled."

Rentaromon
2012-03-14, 08:22 PM
Kite was laying down in the back of his cage just trying to think of a way out of this mess. But seemed as if fighting his way out was the only choice. But he has seen these types of fights before, dog eat dog carnage. And some of the people around him did not look like the types to easily work with him.

At least he had proper combat training and his psionic powers to keep him alive. He sat up.

"Hay....Grot was it? What are we heading into? I need to prepare accordingly."

LeoMidori
2012-03-14, 08:36 PM
Rieken

Looking around a bit nervously, the young girl rubbed one of her arms as she sighed through her nose. Hearing a chance to fight for her rightful freedom, she stepped forwards, her deep green eyes looking straight and determined.

"My name is Rieken... and if you can give me my weapon that was taken from me, I'll give you a show worth watching." she didn't want to have to fight, especially against other slaves like herself in the same position, but dying or being worked to the bone was not options she wanted to take.

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-14, 10:35 PM
Skav bristles at being called a 'skag' and hisses at Grot's master. Stepping out of the wagon he acquiesces and gives his name, his common is slow as the Tari mouth does not pronounce these words easily. Name is... Skav, will fightk... tko be free... again.

When given the option to pick his gear for the fight, Skav knows exactly what he's looking for... granted that all of his requests are for gear sized for a small creature.

Chitin armor... ((OOC: Chain shirt equivalent))

Heavy Crossbow with boltks...

Sword... shortk...

Spikedk Gauntkletk...

Longspear...

Daggers... many as you gotk...

He'll bite a hole in the rear-guard of the armor to accommodate his tail before sliding it on. The rest of the equipment he'll strap on and mentally prepare himself for battle. Longspear secured on his back. Daggers tucked anywhere he can manage. Spiked Gauntlet on his right hand and holding the loaded crossbow in both.

While the others are also gearing up he looks at them and coughs. He'll cough again attempting to get their attention. Quietly he explains a simple concept.

I fightk wif you.

One... maybe tkwo of fe ones we fightk... fey will be friends...

He speaks slowly to make sure everyone understands.

So I call 'friend'... you notk hitk fem... okay?

Chained Birds
2012-03-14, 11:51 PM
Argath

The large insectoid lurches out of the slave cart and takes in the sights and sounds of such a place. When asked to approach, he follows suit and answers in the best common he could muster.

"Firzt name Argazz. Lazt name, will remain my own. I zeek no unuzual weaponz, only a Longzpear and any armor that would zuit a warrior of my build."

Awaiting whatever equipment he will receive, he scans each potential ally for their flaws and strengths; listening to their words and how they carry themselves in their speech.

meemaas
2012-03-14, 11:53 PM
Xiro

He turns and looks at the four others who stepped up beside him. He focuses on the four of them for a moment, and they feel him attempting to link their minds to his. He doesn't say a word, and there is no proof he has tried to do so once he's done.

As of right now, i'm collecting all of my party into a collective. Since i can have four members plus myself.

nazgulnine
2012-03-15, 12:32 AM
Grot looks to each potential as he passes and nods his head in acceptance after looking each one over.

As he looks at Xiro, Grot tries to get a good look at the man's face.
"Ain't none of my business where you came from, but an attitude like that gets a man killed out there, son. You keep your comrades alive, they'll keep you alive. Take these."
Grot hands the vitalist a full set of leather clothing embroidered with bits of jagged teeth and bone. Sitting atop the pile is a notched, polished stone club and wooden shortsword embedded with shards of bone and glass. Grot also produces two crodlu claw daggers and a shortbow.

Equipment Get!

Wahaika: 1d6 dmg, x2 Crit, 10' thrown increment, 3 lbs, Bludgeon, Disarm
Small Maquahuitl: 1d6 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 2 lbs, Slashing
2 Bone Daggers: 1d4 dmg, 19-20/x2, 2 lbs each, 10' thrown, Slash or Pierce
Shortbow: 1d6 dmg, x3, 60', 2 lbs, Pierce, 20 obsidian arrows (+1 dmg)
Studded Leather Cuirass and Spaulder: +2 ac, +5 dex, 0 ACP, 30ft. move, 17 lbs

*The wahaika is essentially a notched club that can be used to disarm foes or thrown like a batarang. It has a bitchin' tribal design.

After Xiro steps away, Grot looks Kite up and down before nodding in silent accord with himself.
"If you're asking for dirt on the opponent, all I know is they're new punks like yourselves. Just stick with old Grot and you might have a chance yet. You, I know you. You're the think-first-act-accordingly type, ain't ya? Hold on."
Grot half turns for a moment before picking up some items from the table and placing them in Kite's arms. The objects turn out to be a wooden sword embedded with bits of jagged bone in the blade, a pair of trousers made of what seems to be kreenscale, shoulderguards fashioned of braxat shell, a handful of javelins, and a long wooden spear tipped with a large mekillot tooth.

Equipment Get!

Maquahuitl: 1d8 dmg, x2 Crit, 5 lbs, Slashing
Alhulak: 1d6 dmg, x3 Crit, 9 lbs, Pierce, Reach
Tkaesali: 1d10 dmg, x3 Crit, 15 lbs, Slashing/Piercing, 10' Reach (as spear)
5 Javelins: 1d6 dmg, x2, 30' thrown, 2 lbs each, Pierce
Chitin Pants and Shell Pauldrons: +3 ac, +2 dex, -2 ACP, 30ft. move, 20 lbs

*The Alhulak is essentially a battle grappling hook/piton. It comes with 10' of hempen rope that can be used for other purposes.

Seeing the girl, Grot rubbed his face in weariness.
"Sounds like you mean business. Most girls I see walk through these halls are made of tougher stuff'n most of the men, though, so it doesn't surprise me a bit. I'm sorry to say it, but I just don't get anything the slavers take off you. I'll put into word to the master about that weapon, though. Meantime, I think I've got something that'll tide you over. Ol' Grot's got a knack for these kinda things, mind you."
Grot moves over to one of the rear racks of weapons, pulling out several different objects before handing them to Rieken. Among the objects handed to her are a pair of inix-tooth daggers, an armful of wooden javelins, a wooden shortsword embedded with shards of glass, and a leather overdress and shoulderpad. Grot also produces a crudely-fashioned bone tri-section staff.
"I hope this will do."

Equipment Get!

Sansetsukon: 1d10 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 3 lbs, Bludgeon, Blocking/Disarm/Monk
2 Bone Daggers: 1d4 dmg, 19-20/x2, 10' thrown, 2 lbs each, Slash or Pierce
Small Maquahuitl: 1d6 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 2 lbs, Slashing
5 Javelins: 1d6 dmg, x2, 30' thrown, 2 lbs each, Pierce
Studded Leather Cuirass and Spaulder: +1 ac, +5 dex, 30ft. move, 17 lbs

*Note: I'm not going to penalize your wisdom>ac bonus for wearing this armor, as it has no ACP and I'm sure that wearing a leather shirt won't be too detrimental to your monkness.

Grot smirks at the small tari, giving him a quick nod of acknowledgement.
"Don't have any crossbows, but we've got plenty of javelins. Guess they don't want us slaves having the iron. Some of the wealthier masters walk around with iron daggers, though. Master Valorus says the rich love to show off their wealth. I think we're good on everything else, though. Plenty of sharp objects and clothing in here."
Grot turns to pick out an armful of objects and lays them on the table, presenting them one-by-one to the tari, making sure they fit comfortably.

Equipment Get!

Tkaesali: 1d8 dmg, x3 Crit, 8 lbs, Slashing/Piercing, 10' Reach (as spear)
8 Bone Daggers: 1d3 dmg, 19-20/x2, 10' thrown, 1 lbs each, Slash or Pierce
Small Maquahuitl: 1d4 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 1 lbs, Slashing
Shortbow: 1d4 dmg, x3, 60', 1 lb, Pierce, 20 obsidian arrows (+1 dmg)
Chitin Cuirass and Shell Pauldrons: +4 ac, +1 dex, -6 ACP, 30ft. move, 17 lbs

*There are shortbows, but a crossbow can be made. It will be difficult to do so unless you can effectively craft one using the following items in the pit: an atlatl base, rope and trigger from an alhulak, and a shortbow's spine, using filed-down javelins for the bolts (-1 attack rolls, +5' range). There won't be enough time to do this at the moment, since the first battle of the day will begin shortly.

As Argath speaks up, Grot once again nods his head before reaching over to his weapon racks.
"I like a kreen that knows what he needs. Not saying that you all don't know what you need. Krikk-da kothluk vreet va brriit."
Grot hands a shirt-and-skirt of mekillot plate to the thri-kreen and produces a wooden greatsword embedded with shards of bone and glass, a flexible shortbow and arrows, and a wood-shafted longspear tipped with a large mekillot tooth.

Equipment Get!

Tkaesali: 1d10 dmg, x3 Crit, 15 lbs, Slashing/Piercing, 10' Reach (as spear)
Great Maquahuitl: 2d6 dmg, 19-20/x2 Crit, 12 lbs, Slashing
Shortbow: 1d6 dmg, x3, 60', 2 lbs, Pierce, 20 obsidian arrows (+1 dmg)
Shell Cuirass and Spaulders: +7 ac, +1 dex, -7 ACP, 20ft. move, 40 lbs

*Argath knows that Grot has just told him, in a crude form of Kreen, "I hope your battles go easy; keep watch over others."

After everyone has been equipped and outfitted, Grot wipes some sweat from his brow and addresses the group.
"Anyone got any problems with what they've got? Speak now, or forever hold your peace."

To all:

All weapons given to you, assume your class has proficiency with, as these are Dark Sun-setting weapons.

-The tkaesali is effectively the same as a ranseur/longspear.
-Any metal object will be treated as the same level of rarity as a magic item.
-Wealth will go by Ceramic Pieces (equal to GP in the core books).
-Grot likes honey.

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-15, 01:01 AM
Skav pushes the armor back at Grot. No good. Can'tk move. Gotk somefing lightker?

As the Mul explains why they don't have crossbows, Skav just chitters with laughter. Tari make crossbows without use iron, silly half-dwarf...

Otherwise he'll take all the equipment given to him and stow it somewhere on his person. If he sees those javelins Grot was talking about he'll take 3 of them.

Looking at the others he mindlessly scratches at the floor with his clawed foot.

OOC:

I need armor that doesn't impede my Dex (most light armors fit the bill). However you want to work that through piecemeal is fine.

Skav is going to examine the floor. Is this a dirt floor arena?

Last but not least, I have a map of the arena if you want it. I've included a description of the arena from the Complete guide to Gladiators 2nd Ed book here:

When he conquered the city of Draj, the great warrior
Tectuktitlay was amazed at the absence of a gladiatorial
arena into which he could send the captured troops to
fight. Tectuktitlay ordered the creation of a combat
arena so magnificent that its sheer beauty would rival
any structure known to the tablelands. Armed with a
quill rather than a sword, he designed an arena that
would one day be known far and wide as the “Palace.”
The new ruler, now known as “The Mighty and
Omnipotent Tectuktitlay,” quickly began construction
of the fighting arena and a lavish surrounding palace.
He pledged the arena would be built before the first
years of his reign in Draj passed, regardless of how many
slaves died.
The Palace of Gladiatorial Combat in Draj is not an
arena, but rather a modified amphitheater. The arena
floor is round, with spectator stands rising around twothirds
of the circle. Across from the spectator seating
stands the great observation hall of the king. This opulent
building rises eight stories and dwarfs the surrounding
spectator grandstands. The structure is covered in
bas-relief depicting The Mighty and Omnipotent Tectuktitlay
standing victorious on different fields of battle,
always flanked by two mighty jaguars. The king, his templars,
and nobles in good favor watch combat from the
great hall. Directly behind the hall stands the renowned
Great Pyramid of the King.
An expansive red brick esplanade runs from the
Golden Moon Gate to the Palace of Gladiatorial Combat
and the Great Pyramid of the King. On gladiatorial
days, any captured slaves destined for the arena are displayed
in small wooden pens along the esplanade. This
is not only to allow the populace to humiliate the captured,
but also to allow them to view any “worthy” fighters
before betting in the arena.
King Tectuktitlay personally enjoys cruelty and violence;
hence, the entire culture is based on warfare and
conflict. He uses his slave soldiers and gladiators to raid
nearby regions in order to obtain more slaves for his
arena games. It is said that the gladiatorial slaves of Draj
are feared in the arena because they are like their
master-ruthless. The cruelty and aggressiveness of the
gladiatorial fighters attract a few gladiatorial arena
champions from elsewhere, hoping to prove themselves
against the “Jaguar Warriors.”
The citizens of Draj disdain dance and drama, therefore,
very few jazst troupes ever travel to the city. Combat
is the preferred form of entertainment.

nazgulnine
2012-03-15, 01:49 AM
Grot shrugs at the statement on the crossbows as he takes the armor from Skav.
"Like I said, they just don't give 'em to us. You're free to show me how they're made after the battle, if you like."
Grot rubs his chin once more as he weighs the armor in one hand.
"I can see what you mean. A bit heavy on this side. Here, try this one on for size; it's just about the only full suit we have, but I guarantee it's light."
The mul drops the chitin armor on a table and hands the tari a leather breastplate and bracers, fitted with a fringed skirt for movement. The leather is embroidered with shards of broken teeth and glass.

New armor:
Studded Leather Cuirass, Spaulder, Fauld: +3 ac, +5 dex, 20ft. move, 10 lbs

Great find on the arena description. It'll definitely save me some time on typing.

To answer your question: yes, it's a dirt floor arena, to a point. The current room is laid with stone and draped with stiff tapestries that seem to be drenched in blood; there's some thin slits near the ceiling for the air to circulate and for light to come down. For purposes of story, this arena is slightly more impressive than usual, representing the time Tectuktitlay's had to work on his monument to war.

Chained Birds
2012-03-15, 05:31 AM
Argath

When given his equipment,

"May our lives not end abruptly without our wishes.

With kind wordz azide, I would enjoy a lighter armor inztead."

Argath will graciously hand back his armor and ask for a lighter set as he has good dexterity and the current armor he was given would just hamper his movements.

meemaas
2012-03-15, 08:59 AM
Xiro

He dons his armor carefully, then straps his equipment on for ease of use. Testing the bow carefully, he keeps it in his grip, and turns towards the others. "I'm here to keep you lot alive. Stay within a hundred foot of me, and don't let me die, and i'll keep you alive through anything. Whether you trust me or not is your concern, but we all know its within my best interests to keep you alive. Frail man such as myself won't live out in those wastes." He faked a smile, and then turned and began to speak quietly in a language foreign to all but the Tari, although Xiro wouldn't know that. How long do you think it is till they betray me like everyone else?"

Rentaromon
2012-03-15, 09:04 AM
Kite get up from the cage and takes a look at the weapons and armor, he wasn't expecting steel blades but this looks like it was made from the losers more than anything.

"I dont need the armor. And these weapons will do i guess, but do you have any that is....bigger?"

So it appears that it will be a fight between 2 teams of freshly captured slaves. So he has to fight with these.....people.....against a group of most likely untrained fighters. Kite was slightly relieved to hear he was not fighting any veterans.

What size weapons are these, things change for me based on if they are light, 1handed, or 2.

I'll assume you meant to put 10' thrown increment on the second weapon.

Kite takes the combat hook, the club, and javelins, and maybe a bag and rope to fashion a backpack to hold it all. The reach weapon...im not sure how i would go about carrying something that size realistically so he will leave that.

Looking for the most dangerous looking 2 handed weapon i can get my hands on, something that will intimidate the enemies and is very dangerous.

Kite will manifest his medium armor and start adding his customizations: psionic attacks, ranged attack, spiked carapace, energy resistance fire.

Rentaromon
2012-03-15, 09:19 AM
Xiro

He dons his armor carefully, then straps his equipment on for ease of use. Testing the bow carefully, he keeps it in his grip, and turns towards the others. "I'm here to keep you lot alive. Stay within a hundred foot of me, and don't let me die, and i'll keep you alive through anything. Whether you trust me or not is your concern, but we all know its within my best interests to keep you alive. Frail man such as myself won't live out in those wastes."

"Just stay behind me and they wont come near you."

Kites armor takes form, a covering a jagged crystals glowing with psionic energy covers his body, and the weapons he now carries. Large crystal spikes form all over him.

Ill accept Xiro's connection, if i recall we have to accept it.

nazgulnine
2012-03-15, 11:08 AM
Grot takes the armor from Argath, scratching his bald head as his eyes dart over the tables.
"You guys are pretty picky for slaves. The master won't mind, though. I see something special about you five. Let's see here... ah, we've got this. This do?"
He lifts a second leather cuirass, attached with spaulder and skirt, stitched with bone and tooth, just as the pair given to Skav.

Studded Leather Armor: +3ac, 0acp, +5dex, 30 lbs.
*I see you've gone ahead and predicted me. Watch out guys, we've got a real psion over here!

Grot takes the chitin armor from Kite and throws it onto a table behind him.
"Gotta respect a guy that'll go into battle with what his momma gave him. And damn is that something she gave you."
As Grot speaks, he gestures the bone spear once again and brandishes both a large wooden sword with bits of bone and glass along its edge and a heavy stone-headed longhammer in the other hand. You all notice he looks a bit more grave with all of these weapons held aloft.
"You want bigger, I've got bigger."

Addressed in the OOC, the 10' increment was a copypasta error in using the list skeleton. You've got your backpack and your customizations have been noted. As for intimidating 2H weapons, you've got your pick between a tkaesali, great maquahuitl, and a maul.

*Tkaesali: 1d10 dmg, x3 Crit, 15 lbs, Slashing/Piercing, 10' Reach (as spear)
*Great Maquahuitl: 2d6 dmg, 19-20/x2, 12 lbs, Slashing
*Maul: 1d12 dmg, x2 Crit, 10 lbs, Bludgeon

Rentaromon
2012-03-15, 12:01 PM
Kite grabs the Great Maquahuitl, the glow of his psionic energy envelops it.

"Now this is a sword! First opponent to come near me is going to get ripped in half with this thing, that should demoralize the rest of them."

LeoMidori
2012-03-15, 12:26 PM
Rieken was relieved to be so fortunate to get a three-section-staff for herself, even if it was bone and not the one her father used. Curiously donning the leather shirt, she moved around a bit in it, getting comfortable and deciding to keep it and the daggers too. She looked somewhat dissapointedly at the javelins and the small maquahuitl. Placing them down from whence they came, she smiled gently to Grom. "Thank you for your kindness, but I was wondering if you might have a sling, or maybe another dagger or two? I've never used a maquahitl or javelin in my life, I'm ashamed to admit."

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-15, 12:33 PM
Skav hisses with joy at the new armor presented by Grot. Yes, fis will do nicely...

Taking his time to properly don the armor and re-arrange his weapons, he nods to Xiro and quietly answers him. Depends on how good you are atk keeping us alive like you say.

Skav takes a moment to eye Kite's psionic armor. Looks impressive. Enemy will tkargetk you. Don'tk die.

meemaas
2012-03-15, 12:37 PM
Xiro

He shakes his head softly, slipping a crystal he had had out carefully back into his pocket, he turns to the creature who responded to him, speaking back in the same language from which he started. You speak this language? That's rare, from where i've come. I wasn't talking to you though. I was talking to my companion."

Rentaromon
2012-03-15, 12:56 PM
Skav takes a moment to eye Kite's psionic armor. Looks impressive. Enemy will tkargetk you. Don'tk die.

"Well if they concentrate on me then take the chance to stab them in the back, im sure your good at that." Kite says fully meaning to be a compliment.

Chained Birds
2012-03-15, 01:15 PM
Argath

Argath bows to the man and graciously excepts his new armor. As he places on the new armor, he is stricken by nostalgia from back when he was first being trained in the ways of the warrior. He then angers himself by remembering how he wasn't able to perform any of the psionics training.

Apologizes for putting down the armor before you told me about it. I figured it was going to be the same type considering slaves probably wouldn't get too large of an assortment of armor and weaponry.

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-15, 02:28 PM
"Well if they concentrate on me then take the chance to stab them in the back, im sure your good at that." Kite says fully meaning to be a compliment.

Skav bears his teeth at Kite in a frightful manner. You assume much man-flesh. Maybe you guess rightk. When fightk, stkep to leftk and Skav will find opening to rightk. We survive fis day me finks...

Xiro

He shakes his head softly, slipping a crystal he had had out carefully back into his pocket, he turns to the creature who responded to him, speaking back in the same language from which he started. You speak this language? That's rare, from where i've come. I wasn't talking to you though. I was talking to my companion."

Skav chitters. Crazy man speak to rock. Maybe elves slip somefing in your drink that make you crazy. Skav has tkraded with fem in fe wastkes... notk tko be tkrustked. those last words he spits out with contempt.

meemaas
2012-03-15, 04:24 PM
Xiro

Shaking his head softly, he replies to the chittering rat man. "Who and what i trust, and rely on, is my own problem. I choose not to judge you for who you are, you would do well to grant me the same courtesy." He then moves to make distance between himself and Skav, effectively ending the conversation by default.

Rentaromon
2012-03-15, 05:14 PM
After finishing his transformation and swinging the sword a few times kite feels he is as physically ready as he can be.

"So we are going to fight for are lives together, i guess we should have a battle plan. Any clever ideas?"

nazgulnine
2012-03-15, 05:25 PM
Responding to Rieken, Grot acts with all the quickness one expects of a mul.
"Can't say I've ever heard of someone that hasn't thrown a spear before, but I'll drop it at that. While we don't have the fanciest of things, we've got something for everyone in here."
Grot quickly replaces the maquahuitl and javelins with two bone daggers, a leather thong, and a linen kerchief filled with several flat stones.

Two more bone daggers,
one Sling: 1d4 dmg, x2, 50', 0.1 lbs, Bludgeon
10 stones, suitable for a sling without penalizing attack rolls, 5 lbs total.

LeoMidori
2012-03-15, 09:00 PM
Rieken thanked Grot yet again, tying the sling around her wrist like a bracelet and slipping two daggers onto either hip, listening to the discussion of what to do when on the battlefield. "I'm no expert in strategy, but perhaps we should open with a distance attack before closing in? We can change tactics if need be, of course..." she offered, holding the linked bones under her arm.

Chained Birds
2012-03-15, 09:07 PM
Argath

"Zoundz like a zimple yet effective ztrategy. Archery iz zpecialty of mine."

Argus will hold the Tkaesali in his lower arms, for easy access, while wielding the shortbow with his main arms. His Maquahuitl will be strapped to his back for now, but he doesn't see himself using it and might trade it off if given a good trade; perhaps maybe food or water if it come up.

Rentaromon
2012-03-15, 09:46 PM
"Hmm an opening volley is a good start to any fight, assuming they don't have better ranged weapons or casters."

Rentaromon
2012-03-16, 05:42 PM
Umm are anyone want to post?

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-16, 06:00 PM
Skav nods in agreement. Yess... we all shootk atk same person. Choose fe big one. Less of fem, better is for us.

Chained Birds
2012-03-16, 06:45 PM
Argath

"Very cunning. We wouldn't want a charger to take out our friend here."

Argath addresses Xiro.

"I believe hiz name iz Xiro."

meemaas
2012-03-16, 06:48 PM
Xiro

"Yes. Xiro Nicoto. I will stay back, and keep you from being eviscerated. But beyond that i do not contribute too much in battle. This bow should help some though." He pulls the bow up and pulls the string, testing its strength.

LeoMidori
2012-03-16, 07:12 PM
"Please, just call me Rieken. I hope we all make it through this okay..." she said cheerfully introducing herself, but a little bit worried too, for obvious reasons.

"How about I stay close to you Xiro? I'm very good with my sansetsukon and you can help cover me with that bow of yours. How does that sound?"

nazgulnine
2012-03-16, 07:20 PM
After everyone is armed, Grot goes to equipping the two remaining slaves, handing one a tkaesali and the heaviest of armor, and the other being given a pair of maquahuitl.

After a moment has passed, you all notice that three armed guards in mekillot shell armor adorned with vibrant feathers have arrived at the wooden gate to the east. One of them knocks several times to call attention to himself.
"Good job, Grot. Head through the northern hallway. It's time. Oh, and try to put on a good show, maggots. King Atzetuk's watching."

As he speaks, the opposing gates rattle for a moment before they are swung open seemingly of their own volition.
Grot calmly smiles and wishes everyone good luck.
"The arena's just down that corridor. Head on through once you hear the chanting."

The sounds of warlike drums and singing coming from the darkened hallway start up almost immediately, nearly cutting Grot's speech off.
"Guess that's your cue."

The tunnel, lit by the shallow holes above you leaking down sunlight every four meters or so, ends at a set of wooden gates. The arena is visible on the outside: it is a sand-strewn pit filled with stone obelisks jutting out along the edges. The crowd's chanting becomes fiercer, and in moments, an announcer's voice can be heard.
"Draji! May Tectuktitlay know triumph and glory! The Palace welcomes you! Our great king Atzetuk himself welcomes you! Today, He has granted us permission to set in motion your very own re-enactment of the historic conquering of Firstwatch by His Majesty Tectuktitlay! Behold! The god-king's army!"
The crowd's savage nature is only intensified as a group of slaves garbed with feathered headdresses and pelts emerge from the opposite gate. The majority of them are muls. Behind them is a massive slave bearing a greatclub of wood, bone, and mekillot teeth. His headdress is arranged into the style of a Draji general's crown.
"And the militia of Firstwatch!"
A great booing comes before the gates are even opened. Rope pulleys swing the gates open for your group of ten. Two of the slaves you entered with have turned tail and run headlong into the tkaesalis of the arena's guards. From behind the guards, you can hear the slavemaster Valorus spit and then shout.
"I paid a lot of ceramic for you bastards, now go out there and kill!"

Upon exiting... the Palace's arena (http://i42.tinypic.com/2i0q5n6.png).

Rentaromon
2012-03-17, 12:53 AM
Ok this is a larger scale battle than kite expected. With this number of fighters their is a much larger chance of him getting surrounded.

Kite yells to the 9 other fighters on his side.

"Start with a volley of ranged attacks, we need to scatter and thin their forces !"

LeoMidori
2012-03-17, 09:20 AM
Rieken looked with determination towards the 11 mul on the other side of the battlefield... they were outnumbered, and it looked like the side she was on was expected to die. She would be glad to prove the crowd wrong.

Drawing her sling and loading a stone into it, she exhaled sharply and got into a stance, ready to shoot at any moment.

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-17, 02:03 PM
Skav flies out of the gate with inhuman speed. KILL THE WOUNDED FIRSTK!!! Moving up behind a nearby pillar he let's fly one of his little arrows at the Mul dual-wielding maquahuitls at the front of the pack before tucking out of sight behind the pillar.

OOC:

Actions occur on Initiative 26 count:

Skav will move diagonally NE (or up and right) 3 squares (20' move) to be behind the pillar. From there he will fire an arrow, hopefully catching the Mul Flat-footed so he looses the bonus to AC.

Attack roll:[roll0]
Crit confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Additional Crit Damage: [roll3]

Skav will then hide behind the pillar.

Stealth: [roll4]

nazgulnine
2012-03-18, 02:13 PM
Skav's arrow strikes true, hitting the dualwielding mul in his bicep. He looks a little upset and begins a charge. He swings wildly; he may be drug-addled, by his demeanor. He slips up at the end of his charge and his swords strip cuts along Meg's arm and shoulder by happenstance.

He hits for 8 damage and is diagonally NE from Meg, 2 squares north of Jabr.

meemaas
2012-03-19, 07:31 PM
Xiro

Xiro draws his bow, readying it for the first person who comes within thirty foot of him and his party, without moving from his spot.

Ready an attack for an enemy coming within thirty foot.
[roll0]
damage [roll1]

Rentaromon
2012-03-19, 07:54 PM
Kite moves to the front of the group and readies himself to attack the first person to get close to him, preferably anyone with full HP.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Remember i get a +1 ac bonus against melee if only 1 guy is threatening me.

Chained Birds
2012-03-19, 08:14 PM
Argath

Argath will perform 1 of 2 actions depending on the situation he is in by his turn.

-- Situation 1 --
If the majority of the enemies are still away from the group as a whole and not withing either Reach or regular melee range, Argath will load a shot into his new bow and attempt to hit a weakened opponent or an opponent who has yet to act if the first choice in unavailable.
Argath will then drop the bow and path his Tkaesali from his lower hands to his now unoccupied Primary hands. Then, he'll move to be in between his current allies and any enemies that might charge them.
Finally, he'll enter a Controlled Rage focusing on Strength.
Standard Action: Shoot Obsidian Arrow at a Weakened Enemy or an Enemy who has not yet acted.
- Attack: [roll0] (Apply any appropriate range penalties if needed)
- Damage: [roll1]
- Crit Attack (20): [roll2] (Apply any appropriate range penalties if needed)
- Crit Damage: [roll3]
Free Action: Drop Bow.
No-Action: Switch Tkaesali from lower hands to primary hands.
Move Action: 10ft to the West (Left), 5ft North (Up).
Free Action: Enter Controlled Rage (9rounds remaining)
- +4 Morale Bonus to Strength
- No additional Penalties or Bonuses

-- Situation 2 --
If too many enemies have charged in and many are within Melee range, Argath will drop his bow and pass the Tkaesali to his Primary hands. He'll then enter a controlled Rage Focusing on Strength and attack the nearest enemy with his new reach weapon; moving if necessary.
Free Action: Drop Bow.
No-Action: Switch Tkaesali from lower hands to primary hands.
Move Action: Move to be in Reach range (10ft) from an enemy.
Free Action: Enter Controlled Rage (9rounds remaining)
- +4 Morale Bonus to Strength
- No additional Penalties or Bonuses
Standard Action: Attack closest enemy within range using the Tkaesali.
- Attack: [roll4]
- Damage: [roll5]
- Crit Attack (20): [roll6]
- Crit Damage: [roll7]

LeoMidori
2012-03-20, 04:02 PM
Rieken yelled out, swinging her sling over her head and ready to shoot at a moment's notice, finally seeing an opportunity and letting the stone loose.
Rieken will take a 5 foot step North, delaying her turn until any target comes into range (50 ft.). If this doesn't happen, she'll take whatever distance needed to fill the gap.
Attack roll for sling [roll0]
Crit Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

nazgulnine
2012-03-20, 05:00 PM
The battle has now truly begun: amidst the birthing fury of the battle, Rieken steps forth and launches a stone, hitting the mul threatening nearby square in the cheek, beneath his left eye. The flap of skin and bone rings in the air and from this moment, tensions begin to heighten as a mul in leather, wielding a maul comes in to close the distance, brandishing his weapon threateningly. A man in shell armor, surrounded by javelins does nothing, but seems to be deep in trance. At this moment, Xiro launches an arrow in the direction of the mul, but his hand slips during the draw and the arrow plinks into the sand five feet from Kite's left. In the midst of the commotion, a lithe man wielding daggers takes a javelin in hand and tosses it as far as possible. The javelin takes great distance and with the force of the throw behind it, splinters upon impact of Bathlazer's mekillot shell armor. The man quickly sidesteps behind the cover of the pillar to his right. With the light of Bath's blessing upon her, Meg grits into her position and takes a swing that catches the enemy mul beside her square in the ribs; there is a satisfying crunch as stone meets bone and the man's knees wobble. He seemingly sobers up. A bearded man wielding a tkaesali and shield raises his shield in a defensive stance. He seems to know what he is doing and anticipates the worst. Behind him, a mul armed with a shortbow aims it to the sky and looses an arrow that does not take well to the distance and hits the sand halfway across the arena. As he quickly shuffles directly to the left of the tari rogue, Argath sinks an arrow into the thigh of the maul-wielding mul closest to him.

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-20, 05:32 PM
OOC: Does this mean we're free to post actions for Round 2. If so, an updated map would help.

LeoMidori
2012-03-21, 05:36 AM
Rieken was hit with a mix of surprise and almost admiration for the mul in front of her: taking so many hits and still standing was impressive. She dropped the leather sling she was using onto the sand below her, unfolding the three linked bones under her arm before stepping forwards and taking a swing at him. "Heyaaaah!"
Dropping sling (free action), then drawing the weapon under my arm (a move action), taking a 5-foot step North and attacking.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit Confirm [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

nazgulnine
2012-03-21, 03:57 PM
The second long-bearded man on the opposing field also raises his shield, taking a step back to prepare himself. A tussle-haired youth wielding a great maquahuitl begins to dance around the arena, making his way diagonally across the battlefield towards his dual-wielding comrade.
The blessing of the oracle Ogalae fills your party, a strange occurrence. At that moment, the warrior Kite steps between the security of two obelisks, Skav to his right, and fires off an arrow that catches the approaching maul-wielder in the shoulder. The man seems to shrug it off as he continues in his menacing approach.
The man wielding a greatclub of tooth and bone grimaces and roars at the top of his lungs.
"Get over there and rip them apart, you idiots! Aesil! Marrik! Go!"
At his order, the two hulking warriors on either side of the enemy field move forward.

NEW MAP. (http://i43.tinypic.com/1zo9kz7.png)

Chained Birds
2012-03-21, 07:37 PM
Argath

If the K or any other enemy are still standing, or are in reach, Argath will strike at them with his Tkaesali. If no enemies are within reach, Argath will simply hold his ground and prepare to strike at any enemy that attempts to come within his reach.

Standard Action: Tkaesali Attack or Readied Action (Tkaesali Attack)
- Attack: [roll0]
- Crit Attack (20): [roll2]

Rage: 8rds remaining

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-21, 08:28 PM
OOC: I assume we're to post our actions for round 2. Here's mine:

Skav, Round 2:

Hoping that he successfully hid behind the pillar, Skav will peak out and fire a shot at (Opponent marked with a J) with his shortbow. After firing Skav will scuttle behind Kite to once again hide behind the pillar in the square next to Arg.

OOC:

If Opponent J has not detected Skav due to his stealth last round, then Skav's attack get's an additional +2 bonus to hit (not included below) and Opponent J is denied his Dex bonus to AC. This also results in sneak attack damage.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Sneak Attack Damage: [roll4]

Stealth Check: [roll5]

Rentaromon
2012-03-21, 11:06 PM
If J is within 20ft by the time its my turn(think he goes first) ill just take a swing(moving up to him if needed).

[roll0]
[roll1]

if its impossible at my turn ill do something else....

meemaas
2012-03-22, 10:49 PM
Xiro

Rather than waste another arrow on a missed attack, he holds up his hand, keeping the bow in his other hand, and focuses on the nearest foe. He steps forward ten feet, and his image fluctuates for a moment, as psychic energy envelops the target, attempting to sicken it.

Use Sicken body Knack on J. Will save DC 14 or be sickened until the start of Xiro's next turn.

Rentaromon
2012-03-23, 05:59 PM
Kite will move forward 3 squares and ready an action to shoot at the first enemy to try to move out of the hole.

[roll0]
[roll1]

nazgulnine
2012-03-23, 06:35 PM
As the fight continues, the spectators jeer at the small tari who manages to catch the charging maul-wielder by surprise, his arrrow catching the man in his throat, spilling blood as he drops face-first into the sand.

The dual-wielding mul that has since traded blows with your group of ten now looks furious. He swings both of his maquahuitls furiously, bringing them down over Meg's head, the shards of bone stripping flesh from one side of her face and shoulder just short of reaching bone.
3 damage to Meg. He rolled REALLY low damage.
Seeing her newfound companion's distress, Rieken lashes out at the mul with her trisection staff. The mul anticipates the attack and deflects the heavy strikes.

The opposing human who up until now had been mumbling something to himself is now surrounded by a tangible shell of foglike light. He smugly grins in Kite's direction as he reaches for one of his many javelins.

The lithe human that has been hiding among the obelisks on the arena's right side sprints to the next point of cover, his head poking out as he seems to observe the battlefield.

One after another, Jabr, Bathlazer, and Meg, all create a barrage of swings against the broken-ribbed mul. With all the tenacity and prowess one expects of his kind, the mul shrugs off each blow, dancing and parrying blows.
"Ickle bugsies ain't can catch me! Too slow, slow! Come taste Shale's blades! Kill! Vermin!" The mul's ire rises; his pores are gushing sweat and his teeth are chattering between words.

The twin shieldbearers on the opposing field take a simultaneous step forward and lock shields, chanting hoo's and rah's, their own voices matching the fury of the crowd. They seem to be expecting a sudden charge, and the crowd is at the edges of their seats.

Behind the two shielded savages, the greatclub-wielder becomes agitated and swings his club, striking the mul beside him in the chest with the massive weapon. The strike seems to be in earnest, and the club-wielder roars into the mul's face as the latter winces in pain from the blow.
"Get over there and kill them! All of you! Now!"
His final word rings in the sky above all of the chanting and frantic cries.

Meanwhile, the mul Shale turns from his duel with Meg, Bath, and Rieken to watch the former scene unfold and is caught by Argath's tkaesali. The thri-kreen cleanly severs the mul's upper torso from the rest of his body, and with a sigh, Shale gracelessly topples over, his blood staining the sand a deep red.

After Dorroku's spell shakes the very land itself, the enemy group looks visibly shocked as they find themselves lowered a full thirty feet in a matter of seconds. The greatclub-wielding man is visibly furious at this juncture and pounds what is left of the arena floor with vigor.

"Marrik's-a-comin' for ya!" The gravelly voice rings from the pit. There are grunts and sounds that make it seem as though someone is trying to climb up the ledge of sand. "Gonna make me a new mouse-skin hat!"
"Aesil's gonna make you squeal like pigs!"

Updated Map. (http://i44.tinypic.com/4lr7t.png)

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-24, 12:53 PM
With all of the opponents vanishing into a pit, Skav takes aim at the only remaining opponent in sight and looses another arrow from his bow.

Then Skav will scurry up behind Kite, keeping low to the ground to keep out of sight of the enemies in the pit.

Rolls:

Attack: [roll0] modified by -2 for range increment and ?? for possible cover.
Damage: [roll1]
Stealth: [roll2]

LeoMidori
2012-03-24, 05:06 PM
Rieken looked forwards: by some miracle it seemed, most of the enemy had been swallowed by the sandpit. She could only immediately make out three near the edge. Bending down, she grabbed hold of her sling again, slipping in a stone and taking aim for the closest one again. "Take aim everyone! Fortune smiles on us this day!"

meemaas
2012-03-25, 07:41 PM
Xiro

Xiro brings himself up behind the Argath, standing directly behind him with his bow at the ready, as though using the other man as a human shield.

Chained Birds
2012-03-25, 10:58 PM
Argath

Argath will move 5ft north and 10ft west so as to cover more ground and potentially attack more charging enemies aiming for his comrades.
He'll catch his breath for now though.
Move Action: Move 15ft (1 up, 2 left)
Standard Action: Readied Action (Tkaesali Attack)
- Attack: [roll0] +2 = [10]
- Damage: [roll1] -1 = [6]
- Crit Attack (20): [roll2] +2
- Crit Damage: [roll3] -1
Free Action: Disable Rage (Fatigued 2rds)

Edited for corrections...

nazgulnine
2012-03-27, 03:37 PM
The pit seems to be doing it's job at keeping the foes at bay, and the crowd sits in a huddled silence as they anticipate the next occurrence. There is some light applause, particularly from the nobles' and mages' sections, for the young druid.
The king himself seems to be enjoying the display and chuckles at the turn of events.

You seem to have gained a brief respite for yourselves this round.
As Skav the Tari looses his arrow, the enemy hiding behind pillars quickly ducks back, and the arrow shatters against the stone obelisk. The man, his chin as impressive as his stealth, quickly ducks from his hiding place and hurls one of his javelins in the oracle Ogalae's direction. The javelin hits him squarely in his right shoulder.
Ogalae takes a total of 7 damage

@Skav, Xiro, and Argath:
The three of you notice the sound of shifting sand and see a maul peak over the sandpit and scrambling after it, a mul in shell armor who barely makes it out of the pit. He doesn't look like he's doing anything other than getting his footing at the moment.

New Arena Map (http://i44.tinypic.com/2mzdues.png)

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-27, 05:25 PM
Skav takes the obvious shot at the Mul (opponent#C) before moving up infront of Kite and propping up the body of (opponent#J) to use as cover. Remember, that Skav is armed with a natural weapon and he threatens the surrounding squares if someone moves without noticing him.

Rolls:

Attack [roll0]
Crit Confirm [roll1]

Stealth: [roll4]

Possible AoO: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] (minimum 1 dmg + Tari Fever Fort DC 9)

Chained Birds
2012-03-27, 05:48 PM
Argath

"I'll try to head them off."

Argath will move up 20ft north and strike at the climbing enemy. Though he is still fatigued, he knows that it will pass.

Move Action: Move 20ft (4 up)
Standard Action:

1rd of fatigue remaining

LeoMidori
2012-03-27, 06:30 PM
Rieken frowned, moving forward and taking aim and firing at her enemies crawling out from the pit.

Attacking target "I" after moving forwards 20 feet.
Attack [roll0]
Crit Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

meemaas
2012-03-28, 02:54 AM
Xiro

Xiro steps forward andbholds out his hand focusing on the one climbing outof the pit. He willed his own energy at his target, forcing it out to knock the other to the ground

use collapse power on I. If hes already dead use it on D. DC 15 fort save or knocked prone

nazgulnine
2012-03-30, 06:51 PM
Skav looses an arrow in the direction of the maul-wielding mul in the northeastern corner of the arena, finding his mark in the muscular half-dwarf's neck. The mul seems to be irritated, but nothing more, as the bit of obsidian protrudes from his neck.

The crowd suddenly comments that Rieken's stone must have been blessed by the old emperor, since her stone suddenly curves into the pit and strikes the enemy closest to her on the top of the skull, causing him to lose a handhold in his climb.
Congrats. Enemy I drops down 5 feet in his climb.

Meanwhile, Xiro has a vision. The glowing human in the pit takes several steps forward before stopping. He seems to be searching for something, and suddenly stares at the vitalist. A throaty, hollow voice resounds in his ears, but the sound is not heard by any other in the arena.
"I HAVE FOUND YOU."
Xiro's mind is suddenly racked by an intense pressure that quickly fades.
Xiro takes 4 damage

Meanwhile, the large-chinned rogue, keeping his back to the obelisk, draws another javelin. Licking one end of the weapon, he hocks it in Ogalae's direction once again, catching the oracle off-guard, the javelin finding it's mark in Ogalae's breast, sending him to his knees. The man grins and takes cover once again, but his hiding spot is no longer safe; you've all seen him drop Ogalae.
"Sorry kid, but this is the way the game is played!"
5 damage for 0 HP. Ogalae's disabled (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Disabled-0-Hit-Points-). Your healing spell will bring you back up to 3 and healthy, but that'd end your turn this round. Upon healing the wound, you'd remove the javelin and seal the wound with a warm touch.

Bathlazer's charge is futile as his alhulak swings just short of the rogue, but succeeds in granting Meg an opening: as the rogue steps out of the way of Bath's flail, he is completely unprepared as Meg's maul comes down over his head. Wide-eyed, he lets out a blood-curdling scream as the stone hammer splits his skull at the crown. The crowd's frenzy is whipped up. Out of the corner of your eyes, you can make out a group of hooded folk in black cloaks among the commoners' section clapping politely at your efforts. The rogue's body falls limply against the obelisk.

Argath sprints forward, his kreen legs carrying him near the edge of the pit; his arm, however, is not as sharp, and his tkaesali comes too shallow of hitting the foe in front of him. In fact, the enemy grabs hold of the shaft of Argath's weapon and slides right in front of the barbarian, locking blades with him.
"You're not bad, kreen, butchou ain't got jack on me!"

The man that seems to be leading the enemy group, armed with his greatclub, charges up the sloping wall of sand, shouting "Must I do everything myself!?"

Dorroku's blast of wind sends the half dwarf falling backwards into the pit. A loud snap can be heard amidst his cry, and the mul can be heard grunting and groaning as he begins ascending once again.

The half-giant closest to Skav and Kite comes lumbering over the edge of the pit, greatclub slung over his shoulder as he looks around.
"Marrik's found you, little men."

Arena Map (http://i44.tinypic.com/1zwm3y1.png)

LeoMidori
2012-03-30, 07:27 PM
Happy to hit yet another enemy with a stone, Rieken dropped her sling again and taking a quick but careful step behind the fighter engaged with Skav and Kite, whistled before taking a swing at him with her fist before getting ready to block or grab with her hands open like cups. "Yah!"
As stated above, moving to the space opposite of Skav, doing an unarmed attack against I. Since he's flanked, I get an attack bonus, but I'll be fighting defensively this round, bringing my AC to a solid 20.

Attack [roll0]
Crit Confirm [roll1]
Attack [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-30, 09:23 PM
Skav just chitters as Merrik moves up from the pit. Skav kicks back and rolls away from the giant, dropping his bow and drawing his Tkaesali (threatening everything within 10'). He'll make a readied action to strike Merrik as soon as he is appropriately flanked. As Rieken moves into place the Tari takes his shot.

Skav will also, occasionally give a glance to those who wear black cloaks among the spectators. Something has caught his curiosity about them.

Actions:

Free Action: 5' step directly right.
Free Action: drop bow
Move Action: Draw Tkaesali (now threatens everything within a 10' radius)
Standard Action: Readied action to attack once Merrik is flanked (occurs on Rieken's Initiative count).

Attack: [roll0] (Merrik loses his dex bonus to AC against this shot)
Crit confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] minimum of 1
Sneak attack damage: [roll3]
Additional Crit Damage: [roll4] minimum of 2

If Opponent D (Merrik) or Opponent B (???) do anything to provoke an AoO, I'll stab them.

Chained Birds
2012-03-31, 01:06 AM
Argath

Argath breaths heavily for one more time, before he returns to his calm self.

"I do not know zziz Jack of which you zpeak of. It iz an odd zubject to bring up in combat."

Argath is confused by Xiro being so close to the heart of battle and doesn't wish to endanger him by moving back. The Kreen knows that his tkaesali is poor for close-combat, and briefly holds it in his lower arms to allow his claws to strike at their fullest.

Free Action: Controlled Rage (Strength)
- +4 to Strength / 7rds remaining
No-Action: Switch Tkaesali to lower arms.
Full Round: Natural Attacks (Claw x2) vs Enemy-I
- Crit Attack (20):[roll2]

- Crit Attack (20):[roll6]

After clawing, Argath tosses the Tkaesali back to his primary arms in preparation for more attackers.

No-Action: Switch Tkaesali to upper arms

meemaas
2012-04-01, 05:11 PM
Xiro

Xiro backs up quickly, his gambit for keeping the enemy he saw at bay having failed, he puts himself at the edge of his range, and holds out his hand, willing his energy into the foe engaging Argath in an attempt to weaken him.

Move action: Move back diagonally to be behind where Rieken was on the map. Whether she's there now or not, doesn't matter.
Standard action: Sicken body, Will save DC 15 or be sickened, Target. Enemy I.

Rentaromon
2012-04-03, 01:06 PM
if D is still up ill take a swing, this combat is real confusing.

[roll0] add any magical or flanking bonuses to this, i dont know if i get any.

[roll1] edit:dang enough damage to drop anyone but a roll of 3 to hit.

nazgulnine
2012-04-05, 06:29 PM
Kite's arrow from the previous round pegs the half-giant in the space between the base of his neck and right shoulder. The half-giant seems to just shrug off the obvious pain as he continues in his display.

Skav the tari's quick display catches Merrik off-guard, and his blade draws much blood from the half-giant's side, causing him to roar out in pain. Using the moment as cover, Rieken dashes in for the strike, landing three quick punches against the half-giant's solid skin, the flat packing sound resounding through the arena. However, the punches felt light to Rieken, as though she didn't put enough force into the blows.

Xiro once again receives a vision of the human in the pit that shouted into his mind. However, the mental image quickly fades just as the vitalist hears the beginning of a sentence. Shrugging off the failed mental attack, Xiro directs his knack at the great maquahuitl-wielding man, who seems to undergo a severe fit of gagging before he restabilizes.

@meemaas:He made the check; I've been having the guy in the pit attack you, but you've made all but one save thus far.

Jabr's whirling dance brings him close to the half-giant. His blade comes down just over the half-giant's shoulder, cleaving a gash into the muscle.

Meanwhile, Bath's pony warcry catches the climbing enemy off guard. Nearing the peak, he shouts, "what the hell is a ponies?" before being caught in the crown with one of the alhulak's serrated edges. Stunned, he falls from his ascent and hits the hard sand below with an audible snapping sound before going silent.
Congrats. You killed him with falling damage and ponies.

The man's bearded ally shouts at his friend's death and continues his ascent, roaring with tears streaming down his face.
"They killed Leon!" he cries.
Argath, you get an attack of opportunity as this guy climbs out of the pit. Please post your AoO attack/damage roll.

As he sneaks his way out of the pit, Skav notices the enemy warrior that had, until now, remained out of the battle beside the greatclub-wielding man wearing the general's crown.
AoO is applicable. Please post your AoO attack/damage roll.

"Don't know Jack? Well, I'm the guy that killed Jack, bug-eyes!" As Argath deals with the climbing enemy, the great-maquahuitl-wielder goes in to cut the thri-kreen in half, but comes short in his swing.
Coming in close, Kite takes a swing with his great maquahuitl, the tip of the blade just coming short of the half giant.
Deciding he'd need to deal with the enemies around him before he could deal with the "little mouse," Merrik takes a swing at Jabr, but the dancing bard's movements are too swift for the menacing fighter. The crowd lets out a brief gasp as his club comes just short of the dancer's head.

As the twice-beaten mul comes scrambling up the pit's edge nearest the rightmost pillar, he's greeted by Meg's dominating shadow over his head; the last thing he sees before being crushed under the weight of her maul is the fire in her eyes. The mul clenches his fists in response to the blow and drops limp against the ground of the pit. A pool of blood gathers around the back of his skull.

After the round:
I need: a perception check from Skav.
I need: Argath and Skav's AoO's rolled.

Map As It Stands (http://i40.tinypic.com/21kwjsy.png)

Chained Birds
2012-04-05, 10:06 PM
Argath

AoO vs Enemy-H
- Attack: [roll0] + any bonus for higher ground if applicable
- Crit Attack: [roll2] + any bonus for higher ground if applicable

"Blue eyez? But my eye color iz more black than blue. Your confuzing wordz will not falter my rezolve."

Argath, noticing the ally to his right and the approaching enemy from the pit, decides to step towards his ally to guard their flank. He then repeats his actions and claws at the strange wordy enemy that tried to strike him down.

Free Action 5ft step to the right.
- Crit Attack: [roll6]

- Attack: [roll8]
- Damage: [roll9]
- Crit Attack: [roll10]
- Crit Damage: [roll11]

Controlled Rage (Strength): 6rds remaining

After clawing, Argath tosses the Tkaesali back to his primary arms in preparation for more attackers.

No-Action: Switch Tkaesali to upper arms

Rentaromon
2012-04-05, 10:07 PM
Horrible swing, kite quickly thinks to himself. He then (hopefully) corrects that mistake and takes a second swing.

If D goes down kite will attack B. If he has 2 enemies threatining him at the same time he will try to take a 5ft step so he only has to worry about 1 attacker(+1ac trait)

[roll0]
[roll1]

edit: much better

LeoMidori
2012-04-06, 12:03 PM
Rieken drew her sansetsukon from under her arm, hoping her weapon would do much more good than her fists would! "Take THIS!!"
Attack [roll0]
Critical [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

meemaas
2012-04-09, 08:44 AM
Keeping his distance, he readies his bow, while focusing on his wound
The wound sealing up on its own.

manifested natural healing. Healed 3

nazgulnine
2012-04-11, 08:35 PM
As the battle wages on, Rieken's expertise with her family's weapon of choice shows. The bone weapon connects with Merrik's shoulderblade, causing the half-giant great pain.

In the pit, the human psion covered in a sphere of light manifests once again, entering Argath's mind this time, projecting an image that produces a wave of immense pain the thri-kreen manages to shrug off.

Spinning his blade into the half-giant's thigh, Jabr notices his speed declining as he ends his dance, causing his blade to fall short of touching the Merrik.

Attempting to cleave the foe at the bottom of the pit, Bathlazer comes about thirty feet too high from his target, looking to the crowd as though he were swatting flies. This garners some applause and laughter from the nobles' section.
sorry, just had to type it. :smalltongue:
But these guys are in a pit where you're 30ft above them. And from what you can tell, this guy just doesn't feel like coming out of his nice hole where he can just sit back and try to mind-snipe people.

Circling around the nearby obelisk, Meg delivers a crushing blow to the man in the feather-headdress, her maul smashing into his ribs with a loud snapping.

The mul nearby Skav manages to tumble to the side of the tari. In his roll, he attempts to strike the rogue with his maquahuitl, but comes out missing by a hair's breadth.

Argath's strike against the climbing enemy hits home, catching the climbing human in his clavicle. He continues up out of the pit and slashes at Argath with his short maquahuitl, which the thri-kreen is able to bat away with ease. His raking attacks, however, are merely caught against the great-maquahuitl-wielder's blade.

The man wielding the great maquahuitl pushes the sword into the Argath's torso, tearing away some of his chitinous hide.
A grand total of 9 damage

Ogalae sits in patience, catching his breath as Kite plunges his bone spear into the half-giant Merrik's chest, causing him to fall to his knees, clutching at the wound as he groans into unconsciousness. Judging by the blood-loss, he won't survive the coming minutes.

Dorroku's windblast once again falls short of sweeping the great-maquahuitl-wielder's hair.
Surprised that he could be wounded so, the feathered warrior steps into a typical batting position and lets rip, his bone-and-tooth greatclub sinking into Meg's ribs. The audible snaps and crunches make several spectators wince.
Take 7 damage. By my count this would put Meg at 2 HP, correct?

@Skav and Argath:
As the group's battle rages on, the two of you notice this first. The group of black-cloaked men and women stand and lower their hoods. They are clad in identical skull-masks. The only difference in their human-and-elf formation is a single black thri-kreen, his head and mandibles painted in a white skull design. He lets out an audible clacking sound over the crowd, as if calling their attention.

@Argath: Please roll a will save

Current Map (http://i40.tinypic.com/16j6fm.png)
(OOC: D is down, but still living, hence the lack of a black X.)

Kamakiri
2012-04-12, 01:53 AM
Black Thri-Kreen

A black thri kreen stand up from the crowd, his face painted with a white skull design, around him stand men and elves in black cloaks

As he stands he addresses the crowed with a booming voice.

"You people have been chozen to witnez what happenz here today. Ve are not heree for yaour poor or hungree, yaour tirred and sikk. It iz thoze beings of evil that we hunt down. The true aim of theze battles iz only to distrackt you vrom the oppression you have been placzed under, one that could be thraown off ezily as the zweat on yaour toiled browz. Today ve reveal to you a paower that var surpazez that ov yaour ssso-called God King, a paower that you all pozesssss. Zee how he sitz apart from you, looking down on you az iv you are lez then vermin. Today ve vipe out hiz rain. Today hiz bloodc vill vlow like vater in the dayz ov oldc."

As he speaks, his hands move in diffent motions and at the close of his speech he points to one of the men garnished in all black directing "zialaz, go now iz the time."

here is the theme song for this character http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isxulKVe0sM

meemaas
2012-04-12, 09:54 AM
Xiro

Seeing the blade strike clean into the Thri-kreen whom he entered the arena with, he kneels to the ground for a moment, focusing his energy. As he did so, some of Argath's wounds began to close up, healing over some, although it would be impossible to trace the event to him.

Manifest Natural Healing on Argath. Heal 3. No dying on me meatpuppets...i mean meatshields.

Chained Birds
2012-04-12, 03:53 PM
Argath

Shaken by the Kreen's very words, Argath snaps himself out of it before the enemy can take advantage. Argath did not expect to see such a powerful Kreen so far away from his homelands.
Clutching at his wound with one of his lower hands, he feels the gash slowly closeup due to some mysterious force. It reminds him of the psionic healers of his village, but the time to reminisce about the past has long since passed.

- Crit Attack: [roll2]

- Crit Attack: [roll6]

Controlled Rage (Strength): 5rds remaining

No-Action: Switch Tkaesali to upper arms.

Even though doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is sign of insanity, Argath is backed into a corner and feels like he must protect his allies. He doesn't really want to die fighting for people he's just met, but he doesn't want to be seen as a coward either.

LeoMidori
2012-04-16, 09:36 PM
Seeing her opponent drop to the sand, Rieken turned around with a fierce swing of her weapon to the next target behind her, using the momentum to flail out twice in succession. "HeYAH! Yah!!"

Flurry of blows on H.
Attack 1 [roll0]
Attack 2 [roll1]
Crit 1 [roll2]
Crit 2 [roll3]
Damage 1 [roll4]
Damage 2 [roll5]
Crit Damage [roll6]

nazgulnine
2012-04-20, 04:53 PM
In the Stands
The crowd is now screaming in terror as the human the black kreen identified as Silas manifests a large amount of glowing energy around himself before shouting a jumbled mass of words in the direction of the god-king, Atzetuk. Visible force is directed at the king's tower, which crumbles with a cloud of dust as the stones shatter from the force. Silas can be seen briefly falling backwards into the spectators seated before him.

The Jaguar Knights that surround the spectators now close in on the group of black-cloaked psions, their battle of powers and swords being deflected at all parts of the arena. Several people are knocked back by a stray force manifestation and fall into the sand-filled pit, screaming. Atzetuk himself draws a maquahuitl and descends from his seat.

In the Arena
Skav seems to be doing his own battle against the remaining mul warrior, skittering about in the sand as he lays a powerful blow against the fighter.

Nearby, Rieken's flurry against the bearded warrior connects with his armor; the punches are still too shallow to deal sufficient damage.
Xiro's meditation mends the wound on Argath's chest; the kreen can feel his chitin hardening over the gash.
Restored 3 hp

As Jabr's blade comes swooping down, it collides with the tussle-haired man's great maquahuitl; the two men inadvertently deflect one anothers' attacks.

Bathlazer's tkaesali, however, finds it's mark in the spiky-haired man's back, causing him to fall to one knee, coughing up blood.

Her maul once again sinking deep into the raging greatclub-wielder's already wounded ribs, Meg feels the satisfying squish of pulping flesh.
Dorroku, coming to her aid, looses an arrow that shatters against the man's shoulderplate, barely missing the veins in his neck.

Argath's claws cut deep into the man's throat and stomach, drenching the arena in more blood.
"Good job. I never thought... I'd be done in like this."

Tears streaming down his face for his fallen comrade, the bearded man strikes once more, lunging his maquahuitl into Argath's broken chitin.
Take 6 damage, Chained_Birds. By my count, this puts Argath at 5?

Raging, frothing at the mouth and nearly fallen over from pain, the wildman beside Meg looks as though he might have crawled from hell. He brings his greatclub around his head, ripping horizontally into Meg's shoulder, sending her straight into the stone obelisk behind her and shattering most of his greatclub against it.
Meg took 9 damage. Sadly, that puts her at -7 and Unconscious. I need a Constitution Check. Since the forum roller's been acting up for our game, go ahead and make 2.

The commoners that survived the fall, injured and frightened beyond their wits, begin to make for the exit, where the old mul, Grot, now fumbles with the lock, covered in weapons and wearing his mekillot shell armor. He shouts,
"Fall back! If you want freedom, now is the time!"

Updated Map. (http://i40.tinypic.com/29xvpt5.png)
(Epic Sith on Guard battle not shown.)

meemaas
2012-04-22, 10:26 PM
Xiro

Xiro focused his energy once more upon his companion. Filling the Thri-kreen with his power through the link they shared, the wounds he had suffered began to close up some more, and as they did so, Xiro backed away, moving towards the one who had shouted towards him and his companions.

Manifesting Natural Healing on Argath, then moving towards Grot

Chained Birds
2012-04-22, 11:20 PM
Argath

"I guezz thiz iz the end. Alliez, let'z remove ourzelves from combat for today."

Argath will drive his Tkaesali into the ground, making a small plum of dust, so as to distract the man who struck him long enough to make an escape towards Grot's location (the exit).

Full Round: Withdraw Action (70ft or less total movement)

Controlled Rage (Strength): 4rds remaining

Argath may be a brave kreen, but he is wise enough not to risk his life when it is unnecessary anymore. The battle appears to be over, so he'll take his leave.

LeoMidori
2012-04-23, 02:12 AM
Rieken decided it was best to end this quickly. She focused, the world around her seeming to black out and every second seeming ten times longer as she did a mighty and focused swing of her weapon, aiming for the mul's head, not making a sound as she normally would. "......"
Using Perfect Strike on enemy 'H', so the better one is the attack. Lets' hope it counts!
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage [roll2]

nazgulnine
2012-04-26, 02:06 AM
In the Stands

The battle rages on, and multiple audience members have now fled the arena as the black-cloaked people send bolts of ectoplasmic lightning and glass in every direction. As your own battle draws to a close, stray manifestations strike the sandy ground all around. It seems the emperor himself has begun to duel the black thri-kreen, but in his lookout, several members of Draj's council merely watch over the arena, unimpressed.

In the Arena

You notice Grot the mul open the gates and rush out, arms at the ready.
"Consider this my gift to you! The gates through the equipping room are open! You can escape through there! Now go, and let this old warrior take his final stand..."

Skav and Kite fight against the remaining mul, who's actions seems to speed up with each passing round. The two are holding him off, keeping his attention away from the rest of the group. You can hear the tari shout "Nohw dhie, fkleskbag!" as his victim screams.

Rieken's blow misses the mulleted man's skull, but punches a hole through the corner of his shield, crumpling the topmost corner.

Xiro's and Argath's retreat is unimpeded, and while the mulleted man is blinded by the sand, Jabr's sword comes straight over his head with a satisfying thwop. The obsidian blades surprisingly withstand the force and cut straight through the man's skull, sending him to the ground in an instant.

Joining the two are the few audience members that have fallen into the arena, shrieking and clutching their broken bones as they slap at the thri-kreen and the vitalist.
10 points of nonlethal damage to Xiro and Argath... Nah, just kidding. The slaps feel more like pats on the back after all this stressful fighting.

Bathlazer's aura of light fills the fallen Meg with enough energy to wake her from her cold rest. As the towering man raises his club to deal one final blow to the fallen half-giant, Meg's threat rings silent amidst the chaos ensuing all around.
As she stands and swings, her maul finds its mark, knocking once more into the man's ribs, now going cleanly through the bone and crushing something pulpy. The berserker, club still overhead, stands motionless, the adrenaline pouring through his body keeping his corpse from falling to the ground.
He is as a grotesque statue.

The psion from the pit now rises, no longer covered by his force field, his weapons seemingly gone. He looks to the exit with fervor and attempts to make a run for it.

Meanwhile, four of the black-cloaked psions scale the walls of the arena at the black thri-kreen's order to "see to the prisoners."

Grot takes to the offensive, two maquahuitls in hand.
"Grot's serving up an extra helping of death today! Who's hungry?"

@Chained_birds:
Since you're the first one into the corridor, you notice the gates throughout the building are completely open. There's also no sign of the guards being at their regular posts.

Current Map (http://i48.tinypic.com/153y5o4.png)

Kamakiri
2012-04-26, 02:07 PM
In the Stands

After the initial clash of blades between the God King and Black Thri-Kreen; the obsidian bug jumps back to a lower seating row and throws his maquahuitl to the ground and with a single focus of thought a teal blade of pure energy springs into life around his hand, its jagged edges thirsting for blood as it gives of a low hum of radiant energy.

"Nhow you zee the thrue paower you shouldc have been vearing all alon."

Standard Action:
Attack (King): 1d20+9
Damage: 1d8+3

Free action:
5' step back, manifest soul blade

Chained Birds
2012-04-30, 01:09 AM
Argath

Seeing as he is the first one to the gate, the Kreen will wait by the entrance for the others to come in, Readying to strike at any who seem like a threat.

Move Action: Move to get into the best position to ward off attacks.
Standard Action: Held Action (Tkaesali Attack)
- Damage: (2d4+6)[11]
- Crit Attack (20): [roll1]
- Crit Damage: (4d4+12)[22]

Controlled Rage (Strength): 3rds remaining

meemaas
2012-04-30, 06:51 AM
Xiro

Xiro follows behind his ally, and stopping when he does, he readies his bow in case they get attacked.

Not gonna ready an action to hit. Never gonna hit anything in melee with Argath. But still ready with the bow in case.

nazgulnine
2012-05-03, 11:20 PM
Kamakiri
As you swing your tkaesali, you catch Atzetuk in the side, carving a chunk from his hip. The young emperor roars and steps closer, swinging his maquahuitl in your direction as he hops down to your level. His swing while stepping is slightly off, and you can feel his maquahuitl dig into your chitin, but no further. You'll be fine when you next shed your hide. The emperor quickly takes a step back after his failed attack, muttering something under his breath.

Meg, Bathlazer, and Rieken
While following the others escaping through the bloodworks, you notice Grot, Skav, and Kite hold off the three cloaked figures, but notice that the fourth has disappeared. The cloaked figures seem to flicker like shadows, teleporting themselves around the three fighters as they duel.

Argath and Xiro
The enemy psion runs towards you, hands in the air, shouting in a strained dialect of kreen.

Argath:
He's saying, "No fight! No fight!"

You also feel a faint wisp of wind and briefly catch the smell of cacti.

Xiro:
You feel a faint wisp of wind.

Kamakiri
2012-05-04, 01:50 PM
In the Stands

Fuels by a power felt rather then seen, the Black Thri-Kreen steps up to his foe and lets loose a furry of slashes with his energy blade

Free action: 5 ft step toward Atzetuk
Full Atk with soul blade
Atk 1[roll0] (I crit on a 17-20)
confirm if crit [roll1]
Dmg 1[roll2]
Extra dmg if crit [roll3] + [roll4] bleed damage

Atk 2[roll5] (I crit on a 17-20)
confirm if crit [roll6]
Dmg 2[roll7]
Extra dmg if crit [roll8] + [roll9] bleed damage

meemaas
2012-05-06, 01:45 AM
Xiro

Xiro keeps behind Argath, but, letting go of the bowstring, he holds out his hand towards the charging foe, trying to channel his psychic energy into him to make him sick

Sicken Body Knack. Will save DC 14 or be sickened for one round.

nazgulnine
2012-05-10, 02:26 PM
The running man completely ignores your touch; it seems as though his urgency in leaving completely overpowered the feeling of sickness.

@meemaas & chained_birds
he's running through the gate; if you want, you both get aoo's against him for moving through your spaces

The battle in the arena wages on, as the emperor dodges the attacks of the black thri-kreen and stepping back, fires off a wave of blue mist.

@kamakiri
the blue mist stings your chitin; it feels as though you're being pricked by many tiny needles. Take 5 damage.

The guardsmen seem motivated by their emperor's entry into the battle, but they seem to be outranked by the mysterious black-cloaked warriors.

Grot, Kite, and Skav are managing to hold off the three black-cloaked fighters through sheer determination.

Chained Birds
2012-05-12, 01:50 PM
Argath

"Hold up zer. I got a few queztionz."

Argath attempts to trip the guy using his Tkaesali, instead of actually attempting to skewer the guy like any normal person would.

CMB (Trip) vs Enemy CMD
- Attempt: [roll0] +1 if still effected by Bless

Controlled Rage (Strength): 2rds remaining

Kamakiri
2012-05-14, 11:23 PM
In the stands

Shrugging off the blast from his adversary, the black thri-kreen pauses just for a moment before willing his blade to cut into the human's weak flesh

Move action: 5ft step toward emperor and activating psychic strike (extra 1d8 damage if I hit/ not wasted if I don't)

Attack action (see form B) if a 21 hits then I crit from a grand total of 31 dmg in addition to 2 bleed damage (it will be 1d6 bleed in subsequent rounds)

meemaas
2012-05-15, 07:24 AM
Xiro

Xiro simply watches. He feels that there is nothing more he can do, if the man can shake off his favorite means of offense, and simply keeps behind Argath instead.

nazgulnine
2012-05-19, 02:23 PM
Arena Seating: Emperor vs The Black Thri-Kreen
The emperor is slashed by the kreen's psychic blade, a gaping wound opening up at his side. He places a hand to the wound and roars, releasing a blast of energy that seemingly shakes the very space around the thri-kreen. The emperor seemingly snaps his fingers and is covered in a luminescent green skin, growing a second set of hands in the process. He glares the thri-kreen down and says,
"Now you see how an emperor defends his crown."
6 damage

Arena Floor: Grot, Kite, and Skav vs. The Black-Cloaks
Grot manages to fend off two of the black-cloaked psions with his own psionic powers and takes a maul to one of their knees. Two of the psions are focusing on ganging up on Skav, who is dodging blows, but seems to be wearing himself down. Kite utilizes his crystalline psionic skin and begins grappling one of the enemy psions.

@Argath and Xiro
The man slips up over your spear but regains his footing, turning on his heel to speak with you.
"Ok, ok! Just not here! I don't wanna get killed by--"
He is cut off by a six-foot long stray icicle of psionic energy whizzing just past his head. "That! Come on, freshmeat! This way!"
The psion runs through the hallway, beckoning you to follow him.

Chained Birds
2012-05-19, 02:38 PM
Argath

While Argath is somewhat hesitant to follow a man he once fought in a battle to the death, he is also wise enough to know when something of greater danger is swiftly approaching. In short, Argath will agree to follow the man, but is very wary and suspicious of his actions.

nazgulnine
2012-05-19, 03:29 PM
Once the man has lead you through the hallway and into the bloodworks, he quickly sets to work restocking on javelins and in finding some shell armor and a cloak.
"All right, those guys in black back there are bad news. Back when I was down in the brotherhood, that's the Brotherhood of the Mind, I first heard of these black-cloaked guys in Tyr. They call themselves the Black Sun. Psions with a real serious grudge against Defilers and Preservers alike. They don't discriminate, unlike the Brotherhood. Guys hate magic and all magic users."
He turns and sneers at Rieken and the other allies you fought with.

Chained Birds
2012-05-19, 04:33 PM
Argath

"Zo, what can we expect from them? I don't zee what any of thiz haz to do wiz uz."

He gives the man a very questioning look.

nazgulnine
2012-05-23, 12:28 PM
The man returns your puzzling look.
"By the sand, you've got psions with you, ain't ya? They're gonna want new hands, and no one denies the Black Sun. They say their leader has a plan for the world, and he's gonna change things. There's a war just starting, and you guys are smack in the middle of it, me too.

You're gonna have to decide quick where your side lies, with the wizards, the druids, or the Black Sun. Oh, and that druid you guys've got with ya? Yeah, you might wanna keep six eyes on 'im or ditch the bastard. Personally, I'm getting out now; gonna hitch the first barge outta Fort Firstwatch and get as far away from the Tablelands as possible."

With that he gives you a slap on the shoulder and darts off through the northern passageway where all of the other former combatants have headed, and shouts back at you, "No hard feelin's 'bout that fight back there, eh!"

You both notice you're now alone in a room stockpiled with weapons, with an exit to the north and two dark hallways to the east and west, a battle possibly raging in the arena behind you.

OOC:Now you've got time to do any looting you want here or outside. It's a little sandboxy... Pun not intended.

All weapons/armor in the room are the same as before (let me know if you need a refresher), and with a 10+ perception check, you'll notice:a cloak, immensely useful under Athas' sun, and 50' of hempen rope.

Chained Birds
2012-05-23, 02:00 PM
Argath

"None, but if we zhould ever meet again, I will probably kill you. Just zome advanzed warning."

Argath shouts to the man as the guy disappears from sight. Argath the turns to Xiro.

"I don't care about zidez or joining wiz anyone to zimply ztay alive. Where you want to go?"

Argath will loot a few cloaks and the rope before checking for more stuff. He'll also wear one of the cloaks for now.

Perception (Search): [roll0]
- looking for anything unique, or better quality versions of what they already got (Masterwork).

meemaas
2012-05-23, 03:52 PM
Xiro

The man looks up for a second, he had been staring off into space listening to the other. "Anywhere but here is acceptable. Lets get as much distance between us and this petty war as we possibly can, and then decide what to do." Having followed behind Argath, he takes up one of the cloaks and wraps it around himself, then keeps behind his companion as he leads the way.

nazgulnine
2012-05-23, 08:49 PM
Now that you have enough time to look, among the rest of the weapons you spot an odd, though finely crafted, one-handed weapon crafted of sandshark tooth, much resembling a dual-headed pickaxe.It's a +1 Impaler, 1d6 damage, x4, 5lb. Piercing. I'll also say you picked up enough cloaks to provide for anyone that didn't grab one; didn't get one out of what Meg/Rieken grabbed.

Chained Birds
2012-05-28, 05:15 PM
Argath

Taking the Impaler and throwing away one of his inferior weapons, Argath decides to remove himself from this conflict and heads outside. He will try to hide himself as best as possible using the cloak and the shadows outside.

Stealth: [roll0]
- Using the shadows for cover.

nazgulnine
2012-05-29, 12:38 PM
Your eyes take a bit longer to adjust to the light of Athas, but the sound of panic and chaos is no less audible than it was in the arena, if more-so. Hundreds of people are running and frantic, and it seems several of the black-cloaked psions have moved their battle with the emperor's eagle knights to the midst of the streets. The battles seem to be providing a diversion for the city guards and a few drunken wastelanders looking for a fight after the interruption of the arena's show.

Outside there is an empty cart, and it may be the one used to cart you to Draj. The mekillot that drew it is nowhere to be seen. Looking down, there is approximately a 10 foot drop from the loading area to the sand-strewn streets, with a set of stone stairs to your right where the other gladiators you were with have decided to descend. A citizen seems to have been crushed by a piece of falling wall from the arena. To the north and west is the bazaar, to the east are housing complexes and all around are panicked citizens and outlanders.

meemaas
2012-06-05, 09:23 PM
Xiro

Xiro drops down first, carefully, and starts to run, calling out to Argath as he does, hoping to have some ally as he escapes this place.

Chained Birds
2012-06-05, 09:35 PM
Argath

Although Argath is a strong warrior, his injuries are hampering his resolve. With Xiro stepping forward, Argath feels compelled to follow and see things through. He just hopes they don't get into a scuffle.

nazgulnine
2012-06-06, 12:48 AM
The two of you manage to make the ten foot drop by shifting into your weight and rolling with the force. Your muscles get a bit of a well-earned and delightful stretch after the erratic movements you'd been making in the arena. The two of you quickly duck into a back alley, slipping away from the crowd without a hitch.

Please make a perception check.

nazgulnine
2012-06-07, 02:35 PM
You all notice a man with an obsidian dagger running at you from behind a nearby corner, arm raised to strike. He goes to plunge the blade into Xiro's chest, but misses by a foot, striking into thin air (no AoO).

Initiative:
Argath: 16
Xiro: 12
Rieken: 11
Knifey Krill: 11

Chained Birds
2012-06-07, 03:05 PM
Argath

Argath moves up to the assailant, brandishing his Tkaesali, and strikes at him. Argath doesn't really have much of a fighting spirit at the moment and just wants to either avoid conflict or end it quickly.

Move Action: Move to Target (Within Reach Weapon Range)
Free Action: Draw Tkaesali
Standard Action: Tkaesali attack on Knifey Krill(?)

meemaas
2012-06-09, 05:55 PM
Wow, no page update, no wonder i've been waiting so long for chained birds to go.

Xiro steps back, and focuses on Argath's wounds, causing them to close up some.

Natural healing on Argath, i five foot first to avoid any AoO's

nazgulnine
2012-06-09, 08:58 PM
OOC:@Chained: Yeah, figured it'd be easier to call him by his name rather than NPC. He is indeed named "Knifey" Krill, and that should speak volumes about his character.

I also put his actions in just to fill out the post. Sorry, Leo. I know you go before him, but I just wanted to get his miss (guy rolled a 2) out of the way.

Argath's tkaesali grazes the man's linen tunic; the man then sidesteps closer to the nearby wall and thrusts his blade at Rieken. The monk, however, is too deft for the would-be thief.
"That gear's gonna look nice on me when yer dead, ya bastards!"

Xiro's healing floods Argath's senses, rejuvenating the thri-kreen and mending some of the cracks in his carapace.
Heal 3 points of HP.

LeoMidori
2012-06-09, 09:49 PM
"You'll regret those words, cur! YAH!!" Rieken spoke, deciding to take an accurate swing rather than risking missing twice with her sansetsukon.
[roll0]
[roll1]

nazgulnine
2012-06-10, 09:20 PM
Rieken catches the man with a strong right hook to the temple, causing him to lose balance and double over. Her knee quickly catches him in the jaw, knocking him flat on his back. The man sputters and stammers.
"P-p-please! No more, I swear, I'm done! Don't kill me!"
He quickly tosses his knife to the side, holding his hands in front of his face.

He's prone and "distracted." If you're craving AoO's, grab 'em while they're hot.

Chained Birds
2012-06-10, 10:03 PM
Argath

"Very well."

Argath strikes at the man with the back of his weapon.

Attack of Opportunity: Tkaesali attack on Knifey Krill(?)
- Damage: [roll1] Nonlethal
- Crit Damage: [roll3] Nonlethal

meemaas
2012-06-11, 04:12 PM
Xiro

Xiro shakes his head and steps away, ignoring the man now. While Argath and Rieken are busy with him, he looks around trying to get an idea of where to go next.

LeoMidori
2012-06-12, 07:01 AM
"Nighty night..." Rieken spoke, aiming a knockout kick into the man's side. [roll0]
[roll1] (Nonleathal)

nazgulnine
2012-06-18, 10:03 AM
OOC:Sorry; the subscriptions didn't update on my end. Is/Has anyone else having/had this issue?
As Rieken and Argath beat the man while he's down, Xiro notices a circular stone in the center of the alley resembling a manhole. It is marked with odd symbols and two handholds.

meemaas
2012-06-18, 07:56 PM
Xiro

Xiro moves to examine the manhole, pulling the lid aside to look down into it, before calling out for the others.

Sometimes have that problem when a 500 internal error shows up, but didn't have one of those this time. has a couple of times with chained birds posts though.

LeoMidori
2012-06-19, 01:09 PM
Rieken looks to the man who had attacked them in a mix of pity and disgust before simply walking away, tucking her weapon under her arm and following Xiro, looking down the hole. "It is safe?"
Perception roll to see or hear what's down there.
[roll0]

nazgulnine
2012-06-24, 06:38 PM
As Xiro looks into the gaping hole, he sees nothing but darkness and a rancid stench. Rieken, joining him by the hole, notices the same smell before noticing that it would be a safe jump down into the stone tunnel below, if not a dirty one judging by the refuse piled to one corner.

The man who accosted you chokes between Argath's swift beatings and calls out to you.
"You're... not... going in... there, are you?"

Despite the man's words, you seem certain there's nothing wrong with the tunnel, despite the condition it appears to be in.

Chained Birds
2012-06-28, 05:11 AM
Argath

Argath goes into the hole to check it out, ignoring what would be a foul stench for a normal human.

nazgulnine
2012-06-28, 03:24 PM
Argath:You land in a soft patch of dirt, but taking a step, you notice the majority of the tunnel was once entirely stone. There's minimal light, but from what you're able to see, the tunnel goes on for a few feet behind you before being cut off by a collapse. To your front, the tunnel goes on in the darkness, lit only at several intervals by pinpricks of light coming down from cracks in the streets above. A sound echoes through the tunnel around you, like the tired breaths of a heatstricken dog, but low, long, and drawn-out.

Rieken and Xiro:The man cradles his arm and throws himself up, limping away at a rapid pace.
"Yer insane!"

Chained Birds
2012-06-28, 04:34 PM
Argath

Shouting above him,

"No apparent zreatz. Come down, but prozzeed wiz caution."

He'll stand on guard while he waits for the others.

meemaas
2012-06-28, 10:24 PM
Xiro

Xiro turns to Rieken, pulling his Psicrystal from within his outfit and placing it in Rieken's hand. "Take this, go down first. I'll wait a minute then come down after you, if you find anything threatening, tell the crystal to contact me, it understands common, even if it won't respond to you." He backs away and waits for her, knowing that she'll be safer going first than he would.

LeoMidori
2012-06-30, 07:38 AM
She took the crystal into her hand, looking at it for a moment as the psion spoke. "Guess I don't have a choice. See you soon, one way or another." she spoke, nodding before jumping down into the hole, keeping her weapon tucked under her arm while holding onto the crystal.

She looked to Argath. "He'll join us soon, but he wants us to scout ahead. A bit cowardly, no?" she spoke, somewhat amused, looking around with her deep green eyes.

meemaas
2012-06-30, 08:31 AM
Xiro

Xiro dropped down next, landing awkwardly just a little behind Rieken. "You know i heard you right? I'm no use in a fight, if he got attacked, i wouldn't be able to help him, while even from a distance, if i know you are injured, i can heal you without seeing you. Do the math." He held out his hand for his crystal, now that there was no need for her to have it.

Chained Birds
2012-06-30, 10:05 AM
Argath

"No fighting amongzt each other until we are zafe."

Argath will advance wearily into the darkness.

He will be maintaining Total Defense throughout his advancement.

LeoMidori
2012-06-30, 02:34 PM
Rieken frowned sadly, giving the crystal back. "I apologize then. If you can't fight, stay between us. I'll cover our back, okay?" she said with a gentle smile, taking her weapon in both hands, trudging forwards and occasionally looking back for safety.
I'll maintain total defence as well.

nazgulnine
2012-07-05, 01:52 PM
It seems you've found yourself in what looks like an ancient sewer system. After following the tunnel in darkness a few hundred feet, your heads tucked down due to the height of the roof, you come across a large step down, about five feet or so, into stagnant, murky water. The muck between your toes is thick, heavy, and produces a profound stench. Though the space opens up greatly, the light dims sharply in this area, making it difficult to see anything more than seven feet away.

There's a low, dull scraping sound that seems to be echoing around you.

Tunnel image (hoping to include more image accompaniment more often):
http://s19.postimage.org/r5fy8ocw3/cloaca.png

Chained Birds
2012-07-05, 03:17 PM
Argath

With the scrapping sound appearing,

"Are any of you making zat zcrapping zound?"

He holds is position with weapon at the ready.

LeoMidori
2012-07-05, 08:18 PM
"It's not me, and that worries me..." Rieken replied back with a frown, drawing her weapon up as well and moving forwards and beside Xiro, listening closely.

Perception for hearing, obviously. [roll0]

nazgulnine
2012-07-08, 03:23 PM
Your group carefully and silently makes its way through the slosh a few hundred feet, where you come upon a strange sight. There's a large door made of stone, but there seems to be no lock or latch to open the door. Perpendicular to this, on your right, is a set of stairs descending downward.

RiekenUpon closer study, you notice the scraping sounds coming from beyond the stone door. There's also an iron lever to its right, covered in rust.

I think this adequately emulates that sound I'm lookin' for. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAP26hS82BU)

LeoMidori
2012-07-08, 11:46 PM
Looking to the door and then discovering the lever, she smiled and pointed it out to her two comrades. She placed her ear against the door and looked in thought as she listened. "I still don't like what I hear, but... maybe we can just look quickly? I'm not sure what to make of it still."

Chained Birds
2012-07-09, 07:53 AM
Argath

"I do admit zat my curiozity is peeked, zough I can't help but feel a dizturbance. But we alzo have few optionz conzidering where we've came from."

Argath attempts to push against the door in an attempt to open it.

meemaas
2012-07-09, 08:58 AM
Xiro

Xiro stops Argath before he opens the door. "Let me handle the scouting. Just open it up far enough to let this through." He sets his crystal down by the ddoor, speaking to it in Elven, it grows a number of spindly legs and waits for the crack to be made so it can enter"

LeoMidori
2012-07-09, 09:14 AM
Rieken nodded with a gentle smile to Xiro, putting her hand onto the lever and nodding to him."Alright... lets' hope this works."

She took a deep breath, expecting some resistance from the rusted lever, starting to push it firmly but carefully with her hand.
Strength check, if need be. Just trying to open it the bare minimum, if at all possible. Also, having her draw a dagger in her other hand. [roll0]

nazgulnine
2012-07-09, 09:28 AM
The lever comes down with a bit of force on your part. It was unexpectedly tougher to pull, as if it hadn't been used in years, but you manage to pull the lever a few inches with a squeak. The door itself rises in place at a full foot-length increment, and the scratching sound stops almost instantaneously.

meemaas
2012-07-13, 10:20 PM
Xiro

He sets down his crystal now, letting it walk with its spindly legs inside, it begins to peer around and convey what it sees to Xiro telepathically.

Perception check for the crystal [roll0]

Psicrystals share my ranks in skills, so i'm under the assumption its basically just my rolls for it.

Also, sorry for the delay, i don't know when i read this, because i swear i didn't.

nazgulnine
2012-07-14, 08:41 PM
Its ok. I just hope everyone else hasn't lost interest in this.

XiroThe psicrystal is able to relay to you exactly what it is able to make out of the surrounding area. " You know, its been a while since we've spoken. I'd almost thought you'd forgotten your old friend, then you send me into a tiny room. But never mind. There's something here. And I. Don't. Like it. Three, no... four... nope. Six. Six humanoid figures, all of them huddled into a corner, not moving. It looks shady. I don't sense any life in them, either."

Argath and Rieken
You're able to make out the smell of something worse amongst the stagnant water; its a familiar scent you're both well-aware of.
You smell the pungent odor of decayed flesh, but it smells off somehow. Wet.

meemaas
2012-07-14, 10:02 PM
Xiro

"I did speak with you just before we went into the arena, dear friend. Since then we've been busy, one of these days i need to get a staff to put you on so you actually see it all for once. That said, could you investigate the bodies for me? Don't do anything dangerous, just get closer and check on them. Run back if you sense danger. He stays kneeled to the ground, focused on his telepathic connection with his crystal.

Chained Birds
2012-07-14, 10:16 PM
Argath

The thri-kreen holds his actions as he waits for the results of Xiro's crystal exploration. Argath has seen this tactic used before back in his clan, though he never thought he would be seeing it in action by a human of all things. He figures humans can be fairly versatile at times when they are not just dieing from simple slashes from even the dullest of blades.

nazgulnine
2012-07-14, 11:21 PM
XiroThe psicrystal begrudgingly inches forward, and it does not seem that the figures have noticed it. It relays everything to you and approaches one with care. The six figures are all crouched around a pile of bones; the remainder of the area is littered with refuse, but the six figures seem to have congregated to one spot and show no signs of moving until one suddenly and without warning drops to all fours, inches away from the psicrystal, and begins sniffing vigorously. It then stops sniffing and remains in place for a moment that seems like an eternity to the poor crystal. "Its definitely hostile! I'm coming back."
The moment is broken when the figure lets out a blood-curdling shriek and the crystal sprints for the door, followed at its heels by the creature. The psicrystal manages to scurry out and run to Xiro.

Everyone
There's a serious tension as Xiro communicates with his crystal. The moment is shattered when you hear a blood-curdling shriek and a long, thin arm rakes at you from the foot-high opening. The skin is putrid-looking in the dim light, and the stench is sickening. Being the closest one to the creature, Xiro feels a slight gag in his throat that Rieken seems to share, while Argath stands on-guard, but oblivious of the stench. The creature--a ghoul--looks as though it is about to crawl its way out from under the doorway, the five others audibly behind it, each one howling and snarling like wolves.

Xiro and RiekenBy chance of the die, it worked out that the two humans with their mighty olfactory glands got the Sickened (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Sickened) condition.
For Xiro, [roll0] minutes.
For Rieken, [roll1] minutes.

Everyone
Using the door lever Rieken found is a standard action and a DC 5 strength check.

meemaas
2012-07-14, 11:24 PM
Xiro

Ergh. DROP THE DOOR!!" He turns on Rieken quickly, after scooping up his crystal and starting to back away. "There's six of them coming, and they aren't friendly." He backs all the way back until his back is against the wall, trying his hardest not to regurgitate what little he had eaten before the battle.

Chained Birds
2012-07-15, 12:09 AM
Argath

Argath doesn't really understand why the others are sickly, but does see the approaching threat. Argath rushes over to the lever, using a bit of his inner strength to assure success, and attempts to pull the lever.

Free Action: Controlled Rage (Strength) 1 round
Strength Check: [roll0]

nazgulnine
2012-07-15, 12:38 AM
With no effort, the stone door comes crashing down on top of the figure as it crawls, cleaving it cleanly in two. The creature still approaches, full of ire and wrath. It crawls to Argath, gnashing its teeth and still emitting a foul stench he simply fails to notice.
I'm not even sure how this stench thing would work if it did affect a thri-kreen. They don't have noses. :smallconfused: I'd probably play it off as "they're creeping you out. your kreen stomachs feel violated and you must gag." or "it burns your eyes."

Oh, and he has 0 HP left. Coup de Gras!

Chained Birds
2012-07-15, 12:53 AM
Argath

Argath slays the creature with an effective strike to the head.

"Hmm, zat worked. Zo you want to do zat again 5 more timez?"

Thri-Kreen have very resistant stomachs considering what they eat (Elves are dirty, dirty creatures), so wouldn't eating a creature immune to Goul effects eventually give Kreen an immunity or some sort of resistance.
And about the nose issue, I have no idea. I mean the race can sort of smell stuff as other insects can, but it is in a very different way. So your ruling on this sort of cosmetic deal with the race.

LeoMidori
2012-07-15, 01:43 PM
Feeling a little weak knee'd and watery eyed, Rieken put her wrist to her mouth and made an uncomfortable looking face, as if willing herself not to throw up in front of the other two. She shuddered a little as the horrible creature became crushed under the weight of the door. "Well, at least that's one thing we don't have to fight... and to be honest, I'd rather not have to move around -too- much while my gut churns like this." she spoke softly, her discomfort clear in her voice. "Perhaps we should get moving before they figure out how to open this from the other side?"

nazgulnine
2012-07-16, 03:38 PM
You all think leaving is a good idea. The door is being pounded on from the other side, but shows no signs of budging. The staircase leading downward to your right seem just high enough for the largest of you to make it down without stooping.

meemaas
2012-07-18, 09:38 AM
Xiro

Xiro pointed towards the stairs, making sure one of the others noticed him. "Lets get out of here. Quickly"

Chained Birds
2012-07-18, 09:57 AM
Argath

"Fine, but we better watch our backz."

Argath follows, occasionally looking behind himself as the banging continues.

nazgulnine
2012-07-18, 12:48 PM
Down the stair, you reach a body of water and the thatched roof of what looks to be a building to your right. The roof is within arm's reach and the stairs leading into water go on about another ten feet.

Chained Birds
2012-07-18, 01:44 PM
Argath

"Hmm, I'm not too zure where to head to next... Any zuggeztionz? Both pathz may zhare zimilar challengez."

meemaas
2012-07-18, 04:02 PM
Xiro

"Why don't we check out the building? It might be safe."

LeoMidori
2012-07-18, 04:15 PM
"I suppose looking inside can't hurt too much. I hope!" Rieken spoke, a little bit nervous in her voice. Reaching a doorway, she gently knocked with her knuckles. "Hello?"

nazgulnine
2012-07-18, 08:38 PM
Rapping on the nearest door, you knock a small hole in the wooden door as your knuckle goes right through moist wood. As the door gives way and creaks open, you manage to make out a room with a solid stone floor through the crack.

meemaas
2012-07-21, 08:12 PM
Xiro

Xiro steps in quietly, leaving the others behind to follow if they so feel like it. He looks around carefully, trying to get a measure of where they are.

Chained Birds
2012-07-25, 09:14 PM
Argath

The Kreen follows Xiro after seeing he had went inside.

nazgulnine
2012-07-26, 08:56 PM
XiroOOCI'm going to take this time to make a minor houserule on psicrystals: it doesn't need to be in plain view to make sensory judgment; it can see and hear just fine in your pocket, as if it were a wizard's familiar peeking out of his robe, but won't be able to make telepathic senses in areas under an antipsionic field, just as if it were under the effects of a fog spell.
Your psicrystal quivers within your cloak and you hear its voice within your mind.
"My friend... You should take care with your step. The footing is bad in these parts, but you should check the table on the far right end. There looks to be something that may interest you."

All
The room is quite dark, but you hear nothing. It seems safe for now, but the ground is sopping wet beneath your sandal'd feet; at some steps, it feels as though you would collapse the floor, while at others, it seems to be that the ground is rather "buoyant."

meemaas
2012-07-26, 08:58 PM
That's incredibly useful for me. I appreciate that. That said, i did intend to get a psicrystal staff for it one day, in the distant future, so it doesn't have to stay in my pocket.

Xiro

Responding without a word to his psicrystals comment, he carefully moves towards the table and starts to check whats on it for the item of interest his crystal had mentioned.

meemaas
2012-07-31, 11:06 PM
Xiro

Xiro starts to pick up the squishy things, trying to identify them while he speaks to his Crystal.

"What do you think these are? I can't quite figure it out right now.

nazgulnine
2012-07-31, 11:52 PM
Before your psicrystal can respond, as you pick them up, disturbing the objects causes them to crumble in your hand with a squeeze like wet ash, releasing a foul odor that only comes from age-old rotten groceries.You're still slightly sickened. Don't bother rolling or even adding to the duration.

I believe you've gotten your answer, Xiro. If I were you, I'd take a look at that heavy object there.

meemaas
2012-08-02, 10:37 PM
Xiro

Xiro picks up the larger object, examining it to the best of his abilities while waiting for his crystal to help him out.

Chained Birds
2012-08-03, 09:19 AM
Argath

"What did you find?"

nazgulnine
2012-08-05, 02:35 PM
XiroThe weight and shape of the object is familiar. It has the feel of metal, something you've only felt in brushing over the caches the raiding parties from your youth would collect. You recall them making a lot of coin for selling off the ancient trinkets. In your hand, it feels to be a longsword of some sort.

It's a rusty steel sword. Treat this item as if it were a +1 macuahuitl.

ArgathApproaching Xiro, you notice he's grabbed what appears to be some sort of incredibly rotten mangoes and has picked up a longsword with a serrated edge.

Chained Birds
2012-08-05, 03:25 PM
Argath

"A Zteel weapon?! Been awhile zinze I've zeen one of zose."

He then glances around the area for any exits.

nazgulnine
2012-08-05, 03:38 PM
Argath
The only exit other than the one you've just entered through seems to be either a stone staircase leading down into the water or a small window leading onto the roof of a nearby building.

The window looks as though you'd have to knock the wall down to get out. The wall looks as though the slightest touch will knock it down.

Chained Birds
2012-08-05, 04:05 PM
Argath

"We either have a ztaircaze or a window... Where zall we go next?"

He addresses this question at the group as a whole.

LeoMidori
2012-08-06, 02:01 AM
"Hmm... well lets' -look- down first before moving?" Rieken wisely thought aloud, looking into the staircase that led down, straining her eyes into the gloom.
Perception into the water. [roll0]

meemaas
2012-08-13, 09:20 PM
Forgot about this. Saw the post at work.

Xiro holds onto the blade and moves to the stairs, whispering to his crystal out loud in elven. "What do you think? Up or down?" He holds the crystal out to let it get a good read of the area at the same time, hoping for better insight.

nazgulnine
2012-08-13, 09:29 PM
Rieken
The water is a still, inky black; you can't penetrate the surface with your vision, but you can make out the glassy stillness of the water's surface.

Xiro
The crystal responds telepathically.
I cannot make heads or tails of what lies below; the water goes on for about thirty feet and then -- I simply cannot see further. But as the ancients spoke, man loves always the heights of the world, and nothing ventured, nothing gained. Might I suggest the rooftops?

meemaas
2012-08-13, 09:38 PM
Xiro

Xiro turns to the others. "I'm inclined to go upwards. If we are lucky we might be able to get out of these sewers and into the light of day again. My crystal can't see anything under the water, but his range isn't that far, and he can't swim either, so i can't ask him to scout. Actually...." He then examines the wall. We can send him to scout this direction for sure, if you'd be so kind as to knock it down."

Chained Birds
2012-08-14, 05:16 AM
Argath

"Very well."

Argath takes out his Tkaesali, and uses its reach and blunt end to help him break down the wall from a semi-safe distance.

Strength Check(?): [roll0]

nazgulnine
2012-08-26, 11:55 AM
Argath et al.
The wall comes crumbling down with significant ease as you push it over, as if you were tearing through soppy paper. You've created a sufficient portal through which even the tallest kreen would have no trouble going through. Outstretched before you is a safe landing from which you can make your travel onwards. About thirty feet ahead of you is nothing but the remnants of caved-in rooftops and shattered pottery.

Xiro
Your crystal intrudes your mind once again.
"You should check out the buildings to the far right. They appear structurally sound to me. Or you can take your chances on those soppy rooftops."

OOC:Sorry for the wait. Things came up I had no control over. :smallfrown:

meemaas
2012-08-29, 10:48 PM
Xiro

Xiro leads the way out the shattered exit, and moves towards the shattered rooftops. Kneeling down he'd tap on them to test their stability before backing away from it. Turning towards his right, towards the buildings his crystal suggested to him, he'd approach them instead, waving at his companions to follow.