PDA

View Full Version : New Felon (IC)

Murf
2012-03-14, 08:46 PM
New Felon
A tale of survival

Prologue:Our story centers around a civilization called Lawrencia, which is a bustling coastal city. In this city when a minor crime is committed, the lawbreaker must pay a heavy fine and sometimes serve a short sentence on the mainland. The most violent prisoners are put to an immediate death. The crimes that fall somewhere between petty theft and murders are met with a sentence of doing time on a small island three days of sailing away. On this island a large prison houses such felons.

The island, aptly called Felon doubles as an industrial gold mine, where lumber, precious metals and other fuel is taken back to Lawrencia where it is used. As you may have guessed the prisoners are used as slave labor and they cut down trees, mine, and perform other tasks as they serve their sentence.

On a routine trip, a boat holding 15 boat staff, 80 Prisoners and 25 Guards set sail but it faced two challenges.

The first issue on this voyage happened on the second day. A riot started on the boat and 8 prisoners 2 staff members and 3 guards were killed. Among the dead was the ship’s navigator, and while the remaining crew have journeyed this route numerous times, the correct direction during a cloudy night was not easy to figure out.

Three days later, and two days longer than the boat was scheduled to be at sea the boat comes across an island that was much larger than the island the crew expected. With rations running low the crew decides to beach the ship and search the island for help.

This brings us to the second challenge of this voyage. Upon entry, still far from the beach, the ship becomes stuck on a sandbar of some kind and begins taking in water quickly. In a panic the remaining passengers begin to dive off the side and swim to shore.

Murf
2012-03-14, 08:49 PM
Our story centers around a civilization called Lawrencia, which is a bustling coastal city. In this city when a minor crime is committed, the lawbreaker must pay a heavy fine and sometimes serve a short sentence on the mainland. The most violent prisoners are put to an immediate death. The crimes that fall somewhere between petty theft and murders are met with a sentence of doing time on a small island three days of sailing away. On this island a large prison houses such felons.

The island, aptly called Felon doubles as an industrial gold mine, where lumber, precious metals and other fuel is taken back to Lawrencia where it is used. As you may have guessed the prisoners are used as slave labor and they cut down trees, mine, and perform other tasks as they serve their sentence.

On a routine trip, a boat holding 15 boat staff, 80 Prisoners and 25 Guards set sail but it faced two challenges.

The first issue on this voyage happened on the second day. A riot started on the boat and 8 prisoners 2 staff members and 3 guards were killed. Among the dead was the ship’s navigator, and while the remaining crew have journeyed this route numerous times, the correct direction during a cloudy night was not easy to figure out.

Three days later, and two days longer than the boat was scheduled to be at sea the boat comes across an island that was much larger than the island the crew expected. With rations running low the crew decides to beach the ship and search the island for help.

This brings us to the second challenge of this voyage. Upon entry, still far from the beach, the ship becomes stuck on a sandbar of some kind and begins taking in water quickly. In a panic the remaining passengers begin to dive off the side and swim to shore

Please note, I did not include anything that happened on the ship, I will wait for you folks to discuss that and I will then include it in the story (first post in IC thread)

You are all on the way TO THE BEACH. Explain how you get to the beach. You are in FREE mode, no need to take turns. Role play feely until I say otherwise. When you do Roleplay, please roll for initiative, not for now, but for when the first fight starts.

Group status:Group Status:

Hawkflight - Halfling Rogue
Hit Points: 24/24
Surges: 7/7
Inventory
leather armor
dagger
adventurer's kit
(2) thieves tools
torch
40g8s

Rugg - Goliath Fighter
Hit Points: 33/33
Surges: 13/13
Inventory
Chainmail (E)
Heavy Shield (E)
Battleaxe (E)
Backpack
Flint and Steel
Waterskin
Hempen Rope (50 ft)
Climber's Kit
8 gold

Kriv - Dragonborn Warlord
Surges: 8/8
Inventory
Chainmail (E)
Adventurer's Kit
Longsword (E)
Light Shield (E)
Javelin
5 gold

Allie - Halfling Monk
Hit Points: 30/30
Surges: 11/11
Inventory
Spear
Waterskin
Flint and Steel
Sacks (2)
Backpack (empty)

Thog - Orc Barbarian
Hit Points: 31/31
Inventory
Greatclub
Torch (x3)
Bedroll
Waterskin
Backpack
Pouch, Belt
Rope, Hempen
Climber's Kit
1gp 6sp

Samuel- Human Cleric
Inventory
Waterskin
Rope
Backpack
Mace
Prisoner Rags
1 gold

Herbert - Human Wizard
Inventory
Staff implement (E)
Spellbook
Climber's kit
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Everburning torch
Dagger (E)
Cloth armor (E)
7 gold
Spells memorized
Beguiling strands
Howling wall
Pretidigitation
Mage hand
Static mote Attack (require a mote active)

Bremek - Human Fighter
Hit Points: 27/27
Surges: 10/10
Inventory
Scale Armor (butcher's apron)
Spiked Gauntlet
Dagger (kitchen knife)

Sparks
2012-03-14, 09:02 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Dekkah
2012-03-14, 10:19 PM
Herbert Blackwater
As panic breaks out on the deck, an frail looking man keep silent and calm, his brown eyes slowly scaning the havoc created by the sinking ship. That man wear some loose brown breaches, held up to his skinny waist by a leather belt, and some brownish tunic with a couple pockets. A dagger,
and many small pouches hang from his belt. The man is known as the ship account manager, a wizard named Herbert Blackwater.

After a few second of contemplation, Herbert start to move, slowly and tentativly at first, as he usually do. Almost everyone on board knows the wizard isnt the most agile person, many wold even say that he is crippled, but he still stride toward the upper deck room. As he pass by a man, he stop and tell him,
"Kriv, can you take a few mens and go free the prisonners, we cannot let them drown in the sinking boat. I'll go give you a hand soon."
The wizard does not wait for an answer and walks toward the cabins. He get in his cabin and gather is few belonging and return to the deck. He then head toward the prisonners quarters to help free the mens. He tells them of the situation and free them.
When everyone is free and able to save their own life, Herbert walks out and head on the side of the boat facing the shore. He then jump down into the water. As he hit the water, the wizard activate his magic and the water bellow his feets appear to support him. He then run at his full speed toward the shore. Those who look at him can see that it isnt easy for the man, not only because of his partial handicap, but also because the water doesnt completly support him as solid ground, but it look more like running into a sandy beach.
When he finaly reach the beach, Herbert is breathing heavyly and take a minute leaning against his staff to regain his breath.

Ok, I took a few asssumptions .
I assume the captain is among the one that flee or tell people to flee the boat.

Here is how I get to the beach :
Round 1
Minor : Water stride
Standard + Move :Double run, this make me cover 40 feets (difficult terrain)

Round 2
End of turn :Water stride ends

You talked about 100 feets from the shore sooner... so I am 20 feets short.
So if there is a beach, I probably can walk in water to get out... if not and the water is really hard to swim, I will spend my Action point to run an other shot for 20 feet and get on shore... you tell me.

Initiative (+2 (Warlord bonus)) : [roll0]

Meltheim
2012-03-15, 12:30 AM
Kriv

The dragonborn scowls as he feels the ship slowly succumbing to the sea's wrath. Nodding along with the wizard's request, Kriv replies, "Aye Herbert. You take care of yourself, and I'll see you on the other side."

With easy, rolling strides, the guard flies across the deck, bellowing orders to crew, guards and prisoners alike. As he gets below deck he pauses for a moment, letting the smell of fear, contempt and sweat wash over him, invigorating him. "Alright boys, time to swim for your freedom!" Kriv bellows, as he pulls out his keys and starts uncuffing prisoners, making sure to first take care of those who have taken care of him. Once the first dozen are unshackled, Kriv tosses a spare set of keys to a prisoner, yelling "Get them out and head for the shore." He then starts in on a second row of prisoners, using his hands to break their chains free when possible. As he unshackles a young priest, he pauses for a moment, making sure that the man hears him clearly, "Samuel is it? Things are going to get crazy here, and documents will be lost. Nobody would notice if Melora's waves guided you and yours to safety, if you know what I mean."

Once a significant share of the prisoners have been freed, Kriv heads back upstairs and makes a smooth, athletic dive into the waters. Swimming easily, despite his armor and his bulk, he soon finds himself on the beach. As others from the ship arrive, he is delighted to see Herbert jaunting across the water. "Silly boy . . . " he chuckles to himself.

Megatron46
2012-03-15, 04:40 AM
Samuel
"I tell you Melora will strike down those who remove our freedom, for free peoples to be constrained is against nature and a fallacy of 'civilisation...." the priest tales off as he notices water beginning to seep through the hull of the ship. "See, see, she comes, the blessed waters of Melora comes to wipe out the fascist oppressors! Samuel leaps to his feet and struggles with his chains, he opens his mouth to speak again when the large dragonborn guard steps down and speaks to him and unlocks his shackles, "Samuel is it? Things are going to get crazy here, and documents will be lost. Nobody would notice if Melora's waves guided you and yours to safety, if you know what I mean." ....... the cleric's mouth hangs open slightly....."Ummmm, thanks...." he pauses for a moment, thinking furiously ebfiore proclaiming to all who will listen, "See, Melora has saved us! before scrambling for the deck. He heads straight for the water and flings himself overboard, "Melora will save me!" is his vanishing cry as he strikes out for the shore, making a lot of noise and splashing inefficiently. As he scrambles up onto the beach and collapses gasping, he sees the wizard walking on the water and his jaw drops once again!

Conundrum
2012-03-15, 04:52 AM
Rugg

Rugg feels the ship keeling over, but figures it is just another wave, slightly larger than usual. He continues to believe this until the ship is more vertical than horizontal, and the first water starts to encroach upon his hiding place.

At this point he stands up (on the wall, now), and looks around. The exit is already underwater, so he strides across to the other side of the ship, draws his battleaxe, and roars as he strikes at the wooden hull.

After a couple of swings, he is able to kick the remaining pieces of wood out of the way and jump out of his makeshift exit. He quickly orients himself with the nearby island and swims quickly and easily towards it, despite his chainmail and axe. When the goliath is able to stand (which is quite early, when the water is still over 7 feet deep), he starts walking inexorably, gradually revealing his gargantuan stature.

Once on the beach, Rugg shakes off the majority of the water, much like a great dog might, then sits down near a tree and watches the remaining prisoners and guards swim to shore while he toys absent-mindedly with his axe.

Initiative (+2 Warlord bonus): [roll0]

Murf
2012-03-15, 07:54 AM
Dekkah please read:

Ok, I took a few asssumptions .
I assume the captain is among the one that flee or tell people to flee the boat.

Where did you mention the Captain?

Here is how I get to the beach :
Round 1
Minor : Water stride

Round 2
End of turn :Water stride ends

You talked about 100 feets from the shore sooner... so I am 20 feets short.
So if there is a beach, I probably can walk in water to get out... if not and the water is really hard to swim, I will spend my Action point to run an other shot for 20 feet and get on shore... you tell me.

You are in free mode. So you don't have to take move/minor/standard actions right now. These only apply to combat. Right now the only thing that matters is skill checks. Since you are not threatened by anyone, with concentration you can continue your spell indefinitely, meaning you can easily walk to shore.

Initiative (+2 (Warlord bonus)) :

You are not in combat yet, you are only rolling for when we enter combat later, so I will add the Warlord bonus if you are around the Warlord when we use this roll.

Murf
2012-03-15, 08:03 AM
Conundrum please read:
Sorry I couldn't get to your question fast enough. Since I asked everyone to get to the beach, your RP of smashing through the hull is just fine. When we get onto the island however, do roll to smash through walls.

RuggInitiative (+2 Warlord bonus): [roll0]

You are not in combat yet, you are only rolling for when we enter combat later, so I will add the Warlord bonus if you are around the Warlord when we use this roll.

Meltheim, Megatron46 please read:
Please roll for initiative, not for now, but just so when we fight something we don't have to wait for everyone to roll. Don't include any warlord bonuses or anything like that, I'll add that in when the fight begins.

Dekkah
2012-03-15, 09:43 AM
Herbert Blackwater
After a few moments rubbing and extending his exerted muscles, Herbert walk toward Kirv,
"Are you alright? Did you see the ship captain somewhere?"
The wizard scan the beach and water, for the captain and also to see if someone is having a lot of trouble to get to shore.
"I'll go help those who have trouble to swin, can you take care to check and organise the people already out of the water? Some might need healing. I'll go help those who have trouble swiming. I have a spell that might be of use for that. It does limit movement a little, but it create some hard wind that can let me slowly drag them to shore and help prevent to sink."

Herbert walk up to the water, and into it if need be and use hiw magic on those who seem not to be able to swim at all if there is still any, to prevent them from drowning.
"Dont resist the magic, just swim as much as you can."

I'll use howling wall only on the people in big trouble - not able to swim and helling for help (if you allow it of course).
It does doesnt do damage and slow them, but I can slide them 2 (to bring them closer and help them stay on surface to be able to breath). Since it is a wall speel, I migh tbe able to affect a few different people at once.

Howling Wall
Wizard Attack 1

At-Will Arcane, Evocation, Implement
Standard Action Area wall 6 within 10 squares

Target: Each creature in the wall

Attack: Intelligence vs. Fortitude

Hit: You slide the target up to 2 squares, and it is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Published in Heroes of the Elemental Chaos, page(s) 111.

Murf
2012-03-15, 09:59 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/17aas9.jpg

Please pardon the umbrella.

As our party reaches the beach, they are able to review the situation. They have swam into a deep cove. Behind them on the beach is a high cliff that looks difficult to climb.

Facing the water and the ship, to the left is a long beach as far as the eye can see. In the other direction sharply after the rocky cliff behind them, is many trees. The tropical forest is thick and seems to go on forever as the other side of the cove winds outwards towards the sea.

http://i42.tinypic.com/35kras4.jpg

Murf
2012-03-15, 10:02 AM
Herbert walk up to the water, and into it if need be and use hiw magic on those who seem not to be able to swim at all if there is still any, to prevent them from drowning.

Herbert (and anyone else looking) notices that you see very few people (only our party) are coming from the ship to where our gang has landed. You can still see the ship from the beach (although it is almost completely underwater by now) and cannot see the rest of the people that were on the ship anywhere.

Dekkah
2012-03-15, 10:30 AM
Herbert Blackwater
The young wizard lean against his staff and look at the sinking ship and sea for a few more moment, trying to see if he can spot anyone else. When he is satisfied that no one else if left to be saved, he turn around and slowly scan the area.
Only that few managed to make it here..., thinks Herbert with sadness plainly written on his face.
He stride toward the other and tells them in a solemn voice,
"It seem like the sea claimed many soul this day. May lady Melora guide their spirit."
Looking at the people on the beach, Herbert realise he doesnt know everyone and add,
"It look likes we are stranded here. I beleive we'd better get to know each other. Sticking toggether probably is our best chance of survival in unknown and possible hostile land. For those who doesnt know me yet, I am Herbert Blackwater."
The mage pause, waiting to see if anyone else will introduce himself.

Megatron46
2012-03-15, 10:30 AM
Samuel
Samuel drags himself to his feet and staggers over to Herbert, standing next to him facing out to sea. "I wonder where everyone else is? he says, "There were certainly more than this on the ship!"

Dekkah
2012-03-15, 10:36 AM
Herbert Blackwater
"Yes, there were 120 passengers including the crew when we left the capital, 107 after the riot a few days ago. Now it look like we are only 8, but some other might have made it to some other part of the beach."
You can feel the doubts in the young man voice, as he look at the empty beach on each side, seeing far enough to guess no one else made it out.

Meltheim
2012-03-15, 10:57 AM
Kriv

Kriv greets Herbert heartily, then turns to see how few have made it to shore. Addressing the others and trying to allay their fears, Kriv speaks up. "No doubt others were swept into different areas of the beach. It isn't that far to swim." Of course, we didn't feed them too well, and the shackles probably made them weak he thinks to himself.

Spotting the Goliath exiting the waves, Kriv lets out a laugh, fishing around in his pocket "Ho ho! Here you go friend. You bought safe passage - sorry that I couldn't oblige." Kriv tosses a few coins to the man. "Here's 3 gold for your trouble. The other 2 are for mine." he says, pocketing the other coins.

Kriv then turns to Samuel. "Preacher, looks like Melora has other plans for you, eh? See to it that everyone is healed up while I try to make sense of things."

Ascy
2012-03-15, 11:45 AM
Bremek

A couple of feet away, the water roars and splashes, as Bremek makes his way to the coast. The cook is frantically treading water and quite literally throws himself out of the water onto the beach.
The big human rolls on his back, coughing up bits of water, and cursing when he doesn't:
"Ruttin' boat, won't even make it to shore! Darn idiots, "oh we'll shank the navigator, that'll end well!""

After a minute of catching breath and cursing his ill luck, he takes a look around, and sees that many others have beached.
Sitting in the sand, in his butcher's apron, he barks: "OI! ANYBODY TOOK THE BACON WITH HIM?"

Megatron46
2012-03-15, 12:32 PM
Samuel
As the big dragonborn speaks and then strolls off, Samuel shouts to the warlord's retreating back, "You can't tell me what to do pig!" He paces for a moment, scrubbing his hands through his hair and only noticing then that they were still tied, "Um.... can anyone help.... anyone?" He thrusts his hands out in front of him and scampers over to anyone who might be able to free him. "I'll heal you all, just untie me, someone, please"

Dekkah
2012-03-15, 12:39 PM
Herbert Blackwater
Herbert smile at Bremek quesiton.
"I did save my own bacon friend. Happy to see you made it out."

The wizard walk up to the priest and help him get his hands free,
"Here, I'll help you." Seeing the man dislike of Kriv ordering tone, Herbert simply say, "Dont take it like that, Kriv always speaks like that. He isnt bullying you around, it is his way to ask for your help. What is you name?"

Sploosh
2012-03-15, 12:44 PM
Allie

When the mutinty began, she merely closed her eyes. When the water began, she had to make a choice. She could pick these locks, she knew. She could once again forsake all that he had worked for, or she could drown. That was an easy choice, but one made more difficult by the knowledge that such an action would betray those around her who were in a similar state of peril.

When someone began to unlock the prisoners, she accepts. Following the others out, she dives into the water. With great effort, she makes it to the beach shortly after a loud and irrate man in a butcher apron.

She kneels in the sand and coughs the last bit of water from her lungs. Her bindings making it rather difficult.

Meltheim
2012-03-15, 03:46 PM
Kriv

"Bremek, according to Preacher over there you can carve up a bit of me if you need some bacon!" Kriv yells, happy that Cook has made it out relatively unscathed.

"Hey there, take it easy, take it slow. Deep breaths. Didn't think you'd make it little one. Glad to see you did." Kriv removes the bindings around her wrists, then pats the halfling on the back, hoping to knock some of the water out of her lungs without knocking her over.

"All right, everyone gather up!" the dragonborn shouts, his voice competing with the crash of the waves.

"My name is Kriv, and I am, er, was, the senior-most guard on that blasted ship. You will notice that we are no longer on that ship. That means that I am no better than any of you, and probably worse than most of you. We need to work together and come up with a plan." Kriv's comfort with command is clear to anyone who can see and hear him.

"We need to figure out who all is here, where we are and what in Melora's soggy smallclothes we're going to do about it." He says the last with a wink for Samuel.

Sploosh
2012-03-15, 03:54 PM
Allie

Allie accepts the assistance and manages to stand up. "Thank you" She says sincerely. After a moment she adds, "My name is Allie."

Dekkah
2012-03-15, 04:09 PM
Herbert Blackwater
The wizard nod the Allie as she introduce herself.
Looking at Kriv taking command, Herbert can only smile. The young man is quite happy that the dragonborn does it, as someone must and he himself never have been really good with words.
At Kriv assessment of the situation, Herbert pounders for a few moments about the what he knows about Felon and the area around it. He is pretty sure that he didnt land on it, but where can they be?

I'd like to use my knowledges to try and learn about the place were are.

Is there some story about other island close by or the like?
History : [roll0] (hahahah, nice time to roll a 1 lol) Well lets hope there is something to learn with a low roll :smallfrown:

Megatron46
2012-03-15, 04:23 PM
Samuel
As the wizard cuts his bindings, the cleric nods his thanks, "I'm Samuel, priest of Melora, who are you?" he winces as Kriv bellow's out to the cook, "Yeah, carve a big fat lump off him! I'm sure he'd be delicious!" he shouts back! He notices the halfling with interest and the giant goliath he stares at in awe! When the warlord starts to gather them he ambles over and listens to what Kriv has to say, he chokes as the dragonborn mentions Melora's underclothes and glares suspiciously at Kriv, to see if he was being mocked!

Dekkah
2012-03-15, 04:52 PM
Herbert Blackwater
A priest of Melora, quite fitting in this situation,thinks Herbert.
The wizard give Samuel a polite bow and introduce himself to the priest,
"I am Herbert Blackwater, humble wizard and like you, I serve the godess of the wilderness and seas. Our commitments might differ, but I do pray to and respect Lady Melora. Let's go see join the others, as I said, we will need to work toggether."
Herbert put an hadn on Samuel shoulder and start to walk toward to gathering.

Conundrum
2012-03-15, 08:56 PM
Rugg

The three coins land with a soft thud in the sand by Rugg's left hand. He vaguely registers the dragonborn's words, but he doesn't react immediately, caught for the moment by the strange beauty of the ship being consumed by the waves.

By the time he does turn his attention back towards the others on the beach, the dragonborn is already making an impromptu speech to the other survivors. He gathers the coins from the sand and climbs heavily to his feet, then wanders over towards the small group.

His first impressions? Two critters who are surely too small to protect themselves. One weak-looking, crippled man - he can probably employ the magical power that Rugg doesn't understand. A dragonborn and an orc - good, strong fighters, like himself. A religious man - Rugg feels he will never understand them. And another man, who seems to have dedicated himself to becoming strong. Good.

"-need to figure out who all is here, where we are and what in Melora's soggy smallclothes we're going to do about it." finishes the dragonborn - Kriv, Rugg remembers - as he reaches the group.

"I am Rugg," he declares. "I do not know where we are, but I do know I am hungry." He pats his sizeable belly as if to reinforce that point. "We need to find food."

Murf
2012-03-16, 08:28 AM
Trade:Exchange 3 gold. Kriv to Rugg

Herbert 's Knowledge of general surroundings: Herbert looks around and realizes that this not the island of Felon. Other than that he is completely at a lost of where he actually is.

It is mid day. The air is comfortable. The area looks like a picture. Gentle surf, sandy beach, high cliff behind the beach, and the two long arms of the cove, one with more sand, and the other with a jungle-like thick forest.

Group status:Group Status:

Hawkflight - Halfling Rogue
Surges: 7/7
Inventory
leather armor
dagger
adventurer's kit
(2) thieves tools
torch
40g8s

Rugg - Goliath Fighter
Hit Points: 33/33
Surges: 13/13
Inventory
Chainmail (E)
Heavy Shield (E)
Battleaxe (E)
Backpack
Flint and Steel
Waterskin
Hempen Rope (50 ft)
Climber's Kit
11 gold

Kriv - Dragonborn Warlord
Inventory
Chainmail (E)
Adventurer's Kit
Longsword (E)
Light Shield (E)
Javelin
2 gold

Allie - Halfling Monk
Hit Points: 30/30
Inventory
Spear
Waterskin
Flint and Steel
Sacks (2)
Backpack (empty)

Thog - Orc Barbarian
Hit Points: 31/31
Inventory
Greatclub
Torch (x3)
Bedroll
Waterskin
Backpack
Pouch, Belt
Rope, Hempen
Climber's Kit
1gp 6sp

Samuel- Human Cleric
Inventory
Waterskin
Rope
Backpack
Mace
Prisoner Rags
1 gold

Herbert - Human Wizard
Inventory
Staff implement (E)
Spellbook
Climber's kit
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Everburning torch
Dagger (E)
Cloth armor (E)
7 gold
Spells memorized
Beguiling strands
Howling wall
Pretidigitation
Mage hand
Static mote Attack (require a mote active)

Bremek - Human Fighter
Hit Points: 27/27
Surges: 10/10
Inventory
Scale Armor (butcher's apron)
Spiked Gauntlet
Dagger (kitchen knife)

Dekkah
2012-03-16, 09:29 AM
Herbert Blackwater
As Herbert reach the group, he say,
"Well met Rugg. I also have no idea where we are, but I am sure we are not on Felon. I dont beleive this is a 'Known' Island, at least not to our capital."
The wizard note that there is a few of the prisoners among the group and add,
"Rugg is right, we should try to find some food. I know that those of you who were prisoners did get only minimal food on board. We will need everyone in their optimal physical shape to be able to survive here. I can forage and possibly find some decent food given time."
Herbert look around.
"Since we dont know where we are and how dangerous is the area, I think we should stick toggether to explore and look for food. We might fan out a little, but Id say not too much to be able to support each others in case of danger. If someone is good at climbing, maybe he could go up there, " Herbert point the cliffs behind them, "To get an wider view of the area. Maybe he'll spot something of interest. I have some climber kit to help him if need be."

Hircine
2012-03-16, 10:39 AM
Thog - Orc Barbarian

Thog washes up on shore covered in blood and thoroughly soaked from his swim. For a time he stomps around yelling angrily at the sea until he notices other survivors from the boat.

He turns and smiles innocently. "Me Thog! Who you guys?"

Conundrum
2012-03-16, 12:19 PM
Rugg

"I can climb!" the Goliath says enthusiastically. He removes his cumbersome shield from his back and almost hands it to Allie, before once again noticing her size and reconsidering. Instead, he hands it to the newly arrived orc, along with his restricting chainmail, and turns to the cliff face, flexing his muscles and cracking his fingers. He pulls his own climber's kit out of his backpack, then takes a running leap at the cliff and digs the first piton into the rock.

Athletics to climb the rock face: [roll0]
Roll includes no armor check penalty since i removed my chain and shield, and includes +2 bonus from my climber's set.

Murf
2012-03-16, 12:39 PM
Rugg begins to scale the rock face, showing that among his peers he is definitely more adept at this sort of thing than the rest of his party. However, perhaps because of overconfidence or miscalculation, he grabs for a ledge that gives out on him, and he drops to the ground embarrassingly.

Rugg is on his back, in a bed of clovers at the base of the cliff.
http://www.bestforage.com/media/catalog/category/file_11.jpg

Herbert:The clovers look familiar to you.

Hircine
2012-03-16, 12:57 PM
Thog - Orc barbarian

Thog's massive form sags slightly when the Goliath hands him his gear. The Orc scratches his head in wonderment.

How giant man move around in such heavy armor?

Thog is ripped from his thoughts as his eyes dart towards the Goliath as he tries to climb the tall cliff. Unfortunately his tall friend is to cavalier in his method and comes tumbling back down.

"You okay giant man?", Thog yells somewhat concerned.

Dekkah
2012-03-16, 02:00 PM
Herbert Blackwater
THe wizard keep silent and serious as the goliath fall, making sure not to insult him in any way. As he look at him, the vegetation at the base of the cliff catch Herbert attention.

Trying to identify the clover.
Nature : [roll0]

Murf
2012-03-16, 02:15 PM
Herbert:

You find it hard to believe, but these must be the Kayfabian Mahks. A Mahk can be used as any necessary spell components, literally a wildcard in ANY spell formula. The only issue is after they are plucked they only retain this amazing property for two hours.

These are incredibly rare because they can only grow when the soil is fertilized by the waste of beasts that are magical in nature, or by powerful magic or items in the ground. Essentially the roots must be fed magic to prosper.

Dekkah
2012-03-16, 02:23 PM
Herbert Blackwater
"I am sorry Rugg, but could you be careful around these plants right there. These are rare and cold be usefull to me later. One thing that I wonder is the reason they grow there."
The mage take a few step up to the plants and put his hand on the ground and concentrate.

I'd like to try and detect magic. I'd like to rule out magical land or powerful magic item before alarming my allies of potential magical beast in the area. :smallbiggrin:
Arcana : [roll0]
Also, how much worth of component is there?

Murf
2012-03-16, 02:47 PM
Herbert:
You can sense magic in the soil, explaining why these Mahks can grow. However you honestly can't place where it is coming from. Beast, wizardy going on in the area, a simple item in the ground, or something else are all possibilities. There's really no way to tell for sure though. You do feel the magic all around though, it is faint, but definitely present. For it to be a burired item, there would have to be an item every 10 feet or so underground, so that's unlikely.

Dekkah
2012-03-16, 03:37 PM
Herbert Blackwater
The wizard rise from his trace and say,
"I feel some faint magic all around here. I am unsure where it comes from. Either the lands here is magical, or maybe some magical beast live close by. These kind of plant can grow out of this kind of monsters waste. We better be careful."

Ok, since I took a wrong assumption, I edited my previous post to remove what does make sense... I wasent expectingto get information with 12 :).

Conundrum
2012-03-16, 03:47 PM
Rugg

Rugg looks VERY confused, but treads carefully as he steps out of the clover - at least, as carefully as someone going on 8 feet can.

Not to be deterred by his earlier failure, and failing to grasp any significance in Herbert's discovery, he takes another run at the cliff - careful to avoid stepping in the apparently-valuable plant.

Athletics again: [roll0]
Second roll for being a Goliath: [roll1]
I assume it's ok for me to take the same check again since we're not in any immediate danger?

Megatron46
2012-03-16, 05:56 PM
Samuel
"Another follower of Melora! This is excellent brother, we must sit and discuss theology when we have time to relax!" He beams a huge smile at Herbert!
As Kriv speaks, Samuel finds himself nodding as the guard speaks about working together and catches himself doing it. Annoyed, he was going to suggest going off to explore, bit the wizard and the goliath leapt forward to take this on. As the Goliath climbed ..... and then plummeted, he becomes intrigued by Herberts comments on these plants when his brain catches up with his ears. "Wait a minute Herbert! Did you just say the waste of magical animals?" He looks around wildly, "Any idea on what sort of animals they might be?
Nature- [roll0]
or
Perception- [roll1]
To see if I can notice anything about the animals or the shore looking for shelter, food etc

Ascy
2012-03-17, 05:39 AM
Bremek

The cook listens closely to the chatter, and his eyes get big when he hears about the origin of those plants.
He bellows a loud laugh and says: "HAR! I don't care what those things are as long as I can roast 'em! Gettin' mighty hungry!"

With a short look to Herbert, he adds cautiously: "Master Blackwater, you think we'll find someth'n to munch on?"

Sploosh
2012-03-17, 11:13 AM
Allie stands around passively. She was no leader and they seemed to have things under control. She looks out at the waves, with many thoughs rising unbidden to her surface. She then gets an idea.

Unbidden, she whispers, "We should check for washed up supplies." She then quickly begins scanning the beach.

Perception roll if needed
[roll0]

Murf
2012-03-17, 03:07 PM
Rugg begins his climb again, going with careful determination. He reaches the top, but can’t easily scale to the top as it is covered in a thick moss that is very slippery. He realizes that he could make one last ditch effort to get to the top of the cliff, or instead climb down.

Samuel: Samuel knows that some animals are magical in nature, not just simply beasts or humanoids, but looking around doesn’t see any sign of such animals, or any other wildlife, really.

After Samuel ponders for a bit he then joins Allie and together they investigate the area for other clues and supplies.

Samuel: Samuel notices debree starting to float to shore. He spots many planks of wood torn from the ship. Five long planks just began rubbing up and down the beach with the surf.

Allie: Allie stumbles upon some wet sheets and a large brown sack tied shut with a gold rope.

As Bremek says, ”Master Blackwater, you think we'll find someth'n to munch on?" Herbert seems to remember something.

Herbert: You remember learning of a story where a man ate a Mahk and it tasted poor and he was sure that he was poisoned, but after going to an alchemist the man was laughed at, as Mahks are very rich with nutrients and safe to eat. They just taste bad. Also, they do go bad very quick after plucking and after they lose their magical qualities the quickly turn brown and decay into dust.

Rugg: Looking to his left, Rugg can see the tops of the trees About 50 feet or so into the thick of the jungle there seems to be an clearing. Another clearing seems to be quite a bit farther away, maybe 300 feet or more away. Both clearings are quite small, maybe 10 feet around or so. Other than that, looking to the left the entire part of the island is covered in trees, and the cliff Rugg is perched on continues as far as the eye can see.
Looking to his right, there’s a lot less to see. Lots of sand. The sun is coming from this direction so it’s a bit harder to make out detail because it is so bright. It seems like the cliff goes on for a while as well, but eventually, maybe 900 feet or more, the sandy ground and the cliff’s top eventually do meet.
DM: If/when you decide to try to get to the very top, or climb down, please roll acrobatics and athletics, feel free to do it twice as your feat allows.

Sploosh
2012-03-17, 10:36 PM
Allie smiles at Samuel's assistance. His cooperation meant her idea wasn't totally crazy. She then focuses on her task at hand and pauses when she discovers the sack and sheets. She quickly scans the sheets for anything on them and their making but sets them aside none the less, as she gingerly undos the golden rope. Caution tossed to the wind.

Conundrum
2012-03-18, 09:23 AM
Rugg

Rugg decides that he's seen enough, and begins carefully climbing back down the cliff face.

When he reaches the bottom, he relays what he's seen to the others. "Just cliff and beach that way," he says, pointing, "and just trees the other way. But there are some small gaps in the trees not too far away."

With his job done, he leaves the difficult analysis of the data to the others.

Athletics: [roll0] and [roll1]
Acrobatics: [roll2] and [roll3]

Hircine
2012-03-18, 11:38 AM
Thog - Orc Barbarian

After the goliath climbs down Thog returns the giant's equipment. Thog's stomach then begins to emit a low rumble.

"Thog hungry! They not feed him on boat ride.", he says while gingerly patting his stomach.

Meltheim
2012-03-19, 02:33 AM
Kriv

Kriv nods in agreement as his own stomach growls ferociously. "Alright, let's find some food then." he says to the Orc. Looking to Samuel and the half-pint on the beach, Kriv shouts "Hey Preacher, find any food in that sack? A few of us are hungry and I can't vouch for the safety of these halflings much longer!

Megatron46
2012-03-19, 07:48 AM
Samuel
Grinning at Allie, the cleric searches the beach with her and manages to scavenge up some wooden planks that could be used for shelter! As Kriv shouts down the beach at him Samuel pulls a face and shouts back, "No food so far, only stuff for shelter, Allie here has found something, we're just opening it now... have you thought about catching a fish or something before you start eating the halflings?!"

Dekkah
2012-03-19, 07:59 AM
Herbert Blackwater
We better do something about those hungry fighter before it degenarate...
The wizard walk up to Kriv,
"Shall we try to forage the area? We could fan out a little, as a group, keeping in sight of each others and look for food or animals. If we ever spot animals, I could try to prevent them from fleeing so you guys can kill them. At last resort, we could eat the plants I found out. They taste like ****, but they arent dangerous and can nourish well enough... but I'd like to try other avenue before to keep this our backup plan."

Meltheim
2012-03-19, 11:15 AM
Kriv

Laughing, Kriv pats the wizard on the back, "You know I'm just riling him up. He seems easily provoked, and I need a good diversion from this. I'd much rather have an irritable preacher than think about the 80 or so left for dead in that shipwreck."

Kriv scans the beach, looking for anything that might help them. Kriv continues, "There are quite a few of us - perhaps we could split into two groups and scan on opposite sides. I have no knack for nature or tracking, but I imagine even a remote island like this would have some game on it. Why don't you see if others are up for this plan - I say we try to get an even split between the brains and the muscle though. And put Samuel and I in different groups - he seems to have a talent for leadership and I'm sure he wouldn't mind the distance from me."

Hircine
2012-03-19, 11:49 PM
Thog - Orc Barbarian

Thog stares out at sea seemingly deep in thought as he lightly strokes his beard. After several minutes of contemplation he turns to the other survivors. His rather dim demeanor disappears entirely as if he's about to say something very important.

"Thog no want halfling. He want wholeling so he can be full!"

Thog's stomach rumbles again even louder than it did earlier. The orc winces in pain clutching his chest. He quickly recomposes himself not wanting to show weakness in front of the others.

"We go find food now?"

Dekkah
2012-03-20, 08:12 AM
Herbert Blackwater
As Kriv suggest splitting up, Herbert scan the grooup and realise that they are numerous enough for it. When he dump the responsability on him, he nearly sigh out loud, but manage to compose himself quickly enough. Organising is something he knows wel, it is more the part to survey around and give a few orders that the wizard was uneasy with.
Still, he broaden his frial shoulders and look around who he've got and start to formulate his plan in his mind :
As Kriv imply, I better split him and Samuel in different group, if not only for the tension between them, for their abilties to lead and patch up.

Halfling usually are stealthy people, and these two look like they could be good scouts. That silent one seem to have more trouble with leadership,remember Herbert, with his reaction as he got to the beach, better place him with Samuel then. Allie should go with Kriv to give that group some scouting possibility.

Next we need to get some solid fighter on each side in case we encounter some dangers. I know Bremek can fight well enough, Rugg seem like solid fighter as well. Bremek is easy going, I'll place him with Samuel. The goliath seem like to go well enough with Kriv.

That leave Thog, and me. Samuel doesnt look like a combat priest, so he probably stay away and attack from distance and that halfling look like he can throw these daggers if need be. Kriv group seem to lack ranged support, I better go with them then. Thog will give some more melee power to Samuel's group.

As he finish his quick analysis, he realise he doesnt know if others knows how to forage food. He walks up to Thog who kinda look like he might had to live in the wild before,
"Soon, we will first see what Samuel and Allie found out. It could be some food."
Rising his voice so everyone hear him, the wizard ask,
"Is there someone here beside me who knows much about nature lore? If we cannot find food from the wreckage, we might have to split in two group to forage some in the forest."

Murf
2012-03-20, 08:24 AM
Allie opens the bag to reveal a large loaf of bread wrapped in a protective wrap that has kept it dry, a glass box that seems to have a small greenish figurine inside of it, and a letter.

Megatron46
2012-03-21, 01:10 AM
Samuel
The cleric dumps the planks down on the beach and ambles back over to Allie, peering over her shoulder as she opens the bag. His eyes light up when he sees the green figurine in the box. "Excuse me!" He says and reaches into the bag and grabs the box. Pulling it out he examines it carefully to see what he can glean from it.
Religion to see if there is anything goddish about it- [roll0]

Murf
2012-03-21, 09:47 AM
Samuel investigates the box intensely. He and anyone who pays the box close attention notice that the entire box is glass, like a glass cube. Inside is a small green figurine of a woman with beautiful insect wings. The figure has incredible life-like detail. The box is about 18 inches by 9 inches, and 9 inches deep.

Samuel: You find the box fascinating, but you are sure that you have not read anything like this sort of ornament (or whatever it is) in any religious text before.

Sploosh
2012-03-21, 09:57 AM
Allie looks up as Samuel grabs the box. She then returns her attention to the bag and holds up the bread for someone to take. "There's food here." she says happily, then begins to look at the letter.

Megatron46
2012-03-21, 11:11 AM
Samuel
After poking his nose close to the figurine's box and peering at it from every angle, Samuel holds up the box and bellows, "Hey, Herbert, you probably want to take a look at this to see if it's magic or anything!" he waves his arm frantically and nearly drops the box.

Dekkah
2012-03-21, 11:30 AM
Herbert Blackwater
Samuel words about possible magic distract Herbert from his organisation. He walk slowly toward the priest and look in the box.
He notice the bread first and thinksOnly a little food, I guess we will need to forage.
The he look at the small statue. He takes the items and start to inspect it and search for traces of magic.

Murf : How many people can the bread feed?

Also, I try to analise the item to see if it is magical. If you require an arcana check for it, here it is.
Arcana : [roll0]

Also, I'd like to know what the statue represent (if it is someone important)
History : [roll1]

What creature it represent (if it represent some race - not simply an human with wings). Here are the two possible rolls that can help in this.
Nature : [roll2]

Also, you say it is very detailed.... so it is alive something petrified or the like.(that is simply a guess here - I did use something similar in one of the Game I DM lol),
Perception : [roll3]

Murf
2012-03-21, 11:55 AM
Allie reads the later, her and anyone else who reads the letter finds three entries on one piece of paper, none dated or signed.

I have begun this log as I am concerned that we will be lost at sea forever. The inmates and crew on board have all had their numbers suffered due to a riot. Among the dead is our navigator, and we are now floating aimlessly. I have not told the others just how in danger we are, but I fear the worst. As the ship’s captain I must stay strong.

Another full day has passed without any hope of finding Felon or anything else. I’ve have begun to put my precious items into sacks in case I need to make a hasty exit. I will place Dylla in a sack while she is still enstilled in her uniquely safe way. I’ll add some food in case she is freed and her food supply is low. I hope if nothing else she gets through this alive.

We have found an island. I cannot confirm or deny that it is Felon. We are going to land there and then decide what to do. I’m concerned about keeping the prisoners in line once we land. Without the sea to give them no hope of escape I think they may gain courage and revolt. We shall see.

Sploosh
2012-03-21, 12:12 PM
Allie's eye widen as she reads the letter and she takes a glance again at the thing inside the box. "You should read this.." she tells the others.

Murf
2012-03-21, 12:13 PM
Dekkah examines the loaf of bread. He and all who give it some thought notice it is awfully large and can easily feed the group of 7 for one meal, but that will be about it. If it is consumed you will begin to go hungry in 5 hours or so.

Dekkah: Dekkah then turns his attention to the glass box. He looks deeply at the figure inside and it looks like a fairy, and more than that it looks like a real fairy and not a figurine. Turning his attention to the box he can sense that some sort of magic has encased this fairy inside this small prison, but ways to open and free it is not obvious. Also while Dekkah is sure the fairy is flesh and blood, he cannot be sure if the fairy is dead and preserved, or rather alive and somehow jailed.

Dekkah
2012-03-21, 12:47 PM
Herbert Blackwater
The wizard inspect the glass tube and its content for some time. He finaly look up and say,
"The glass container does look magical. It apparently keep the crature, a fairy, looked inside. Sadly, I dont know how to open it up, nor the reason the creature is locked in, and if it is even still alive."

As Allie offer the note, the mage read it with interest. when he is done, he looks at the creature in the tube and say,
"I guess that explain a few things. This creature, named Dylla, is in suspended animation and surely still alive. The bread is meant for her, if we free her... not sure how we could do that though, nor if we really want to do that."
Herbert give the fairy tube back to Samuel and read the letter once more, then a third time.
"Ok, from what I understand, the captain was afraid, I presume, of the fact that we lost our navigator and probably would never find Felon. Sadly he was right. One interesting thing is that he packed his precious possessions, so it is possible that some more of these sack can be retreived, it might be a good idea to look for that."
Looking at the bread again,
"This bread might help some of you releive some of your hunger, but it is only a temporary salvation. We will need to search for more food. Kriv proposed to split up in two groups. I propose that one group - Kriv, Rugg, Allie and I - explore the forest surrounding for food, while the rest of you search the beach area for more of these bags or anything from the wreckage that can help us."

Conundrum
2012-03-21, 01:10 PM
Rugg

Rugg nods, pleased with the direction that the smart-people's discussion is taking. "I don't know much about fairies, but I know lots about food, and that will not feed us for long! I will go to the forest with you and find animals to kill for eating. And I want to look at the clearings as well!"

The goliath dons his chainmail and straps his shield onto his back, pats the handle of his axe reassuringly, and beckons to Kriv, Allie and Herbert, eager for action.

Murf
2012-03-21, 02:05 PM
With a plop, a small orb, about the size of a baseball suddenly falls at the edge of the forest. Perhaps fallen from a tree, or thrown? No one is sure as no one was near it or looking in that direction. No one is close enough to know exactly what it is.

Sploosh
2012-03-21, 02:45 PM
Allie looks toward the forest edge. "Did anyone else hear that?" she asks.

Hircine
2012-03-21, 03:01 PM
Thog - Orc Barbarian

Thog moves behind Allie and leans down as she reads the note. The orc frowns scratching his head as he tries to make sense of the scribbles on the parchment.

"What letter say? Thog not know how to read?"

At the suggestion of finding more food crates, Thog eagerly runs along the beach looking for anything of value.

Perception Roll:
[roll0]

Ascy
2012-03-21, 04:07 PM
Bremek

The cook walks slowly towards Samuel, scratching his neck with his huge hands.
"Alright, preacher man, I'll back you up, if only 'coz Kriv seems to like ya.
'Bout the others: Thog's alright, dumb as a brick, but alright.
Don't know the short one very well, it's been his first trip as far as I know.", he adds in his deep voice.

He throws a look over his shoulder, to where the ship sank down just a couple of minutes ago. His voice goes down, and he looks almost serious now, frowning.
"You think that was your goddess's will? Wouldn't want no friggin' gods to worry about on top of all the other crap."

Murf
2012-03-21, 04:42 PM
Thog: Thog doesn't find much in the surf that wasn't already noted above. Just more loose bits of cloth and debree from the ship. Mostly wood. As he approaches the woods however he does see the same small orb as mentioned above. It is about the size of a fist, but is far too far away to get any more information than that.

Meltheim
2012-03-21, 04:47 PM
Kriv

With mention of "something" in the distance, all humor from Kriv's face fades. Looking toward the halfling, Kriv suggests, "Allie, why don't we go check it out? I'll be right beside you in case it's a trap of some kind." Kriv then starts walking in the direction indicated by Allie, making sure his sword is loose in its scabbard.

Megatron46
2012-03-21, 04:51 PM
Samuel
As herbert explains what he has gleaned from the boxed fairy, Samuel stares even harder at it, almost mesmerised...as Herbert hands him back the box, he cradles it in his hands and tucks it safely into his back pack. At the suggestion of splitting up, he nods clearly pleased to not be with that irritating dragonborn, and as the cook wanders up Samuel looks him up and down, and coughs out a splutter, "Kriv, liking me..I wouldn't want to be liked by that fascist! Still, you seem to be a fine upstanding man! " At Bremek's concern over the sinking ship Samuel replies, "Weeeeellll, Melora works in mysterious ways my friend, she will reveal her will to us in her own time! She saved those of us by bringin us to this place, but there is one thing we can be sure of, she won't drown us on dry land!" He bends down and pats the sand, making it puff up in little clouds! Allie's question startles him and he looks up, "Hear what?"

Hircine
2012-03-21, 05:18 PM
Thog - Orc Barbarian

Thog enamored by the shiny orb creeps closer. He reaches out to lift it up, but hesitates, wondering if he should tell his new friends of his discovery.

Hmmm...shiny thing could be dangerous if Thog touch. Thog call new friends and see what they think.

The orc begins frantically waving his arms and jumping up and down to get the attention of the others. "Thog's friends! Thog's friends! Thog find shiny thing! Come look!"

Murf
2012-03-21, 05:33 PM
Thog realizes it is an apple.

Conundrum
2012-03-21, 07:50 PM
Rugg

Rugg, who was also attracted by the strange object falling out of the forest, gives Thog a playful slap on the head. "Of course it is an apple! Silly orc!"

However, even Rugg is clever enough to realise that the apple must have come from somewhere. He looks around at the nearby trees, trying to determine if it fell from one naturally or was thrown from deeper in the forest.

Perception to check for apple trees or similar: [roll0]

Sploosh
2012-03-21, 08:59 PM
Allie turns to Kriv and nods, believing there is indeed more going on than an apple. She will head with him to investigate.

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 08:58 AM
Herbert Blackwater
As everyone appear to accept the group formation he suggested, Herbert follow Rugg and Allie and start to look for the source of the apple.
In case it didnt drop for a tree (and was thrown), here is my check to see the source.
Standard : [roll0]

Murf
2012-03-22, 10:04 AM
Rugg, Allie, and Herbert investigate the apple and source from where it came. The trees nearby are definitely not apple trees. Even if they were it probably wouldn’t have fallen from the tree anyway. The apple is very close to the tree line, but still but too far away for the apple to have simply fallen from a tree. The apple sits about 5 yards away from where you’d guess the apple should have fallen, if it had just fallen from a tree. And again, these trees are not fruit bearing.

Now that some are close enough to notice, all who investigate realize that this forest is VERY dark, which is a serious contrast to the warm bright sunny day you are all dealing with now. The tree ceiling is thick and complete. You can see in the forest, as it isn’t pitch black, but you are still surprised by how dark it is.

Sploosh
2012-03-22, 10:13 AM
Allie looks into the darkness. "Perhaps it would be best to stick to the beaches today." she suggests with a slight note of fear.

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 10:17 AM
Herbert Blackwater
This apple must have been thrown to get our attention... or to draw us in a trap, realise Herbert
The wizard stop and look at the unnatural darkness and say loud enough for everyone to hear him,
"Everyone, get ready for combat, there is something unusual going on here."
Still peering into the darkness, the magican say out loud, pulling out his everburning torch from his bag and speak,
"Who's there?"

Conundrum
2012-03-22, 11:23 AM
Rugg

Rugg slides his shield strap over his arm and experimentally swings his battleaxe, ready to wade into the forest should it be required of him.

Murf
2012-03-22, 11:45 AM
A full minute of silence goes by. The forest does not answer Herbert's call.

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 11:49 AM
Herbert Blackwater
Looking at the apple agian, then back to the forest,
"There must be something in there guys, this apple could not have fallen that far from the forest edge... and beside, I dont see any applpetree close by. Kriv, shall we go investigate?"

Meltheim
2012-03-22, 11:53 AM
Kriv

The dragonborn draws up his bulk and nods to Herbert, "Yes, let's" he says, advancing forward with his sword and shield at the ready. Kriv oozes intimidation with every step, crashing through underbrush with a casual disregard for caution, his visage menacing and his motions deadly.

I know there's no such thing as a "passive intimidate" but I do have a +13 to Intimidate, so anything that wants to come after me is going to probably think twice.

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 12:22 PM
Herbert Blackwater
Herbert walks up to Allie and put his hand onto the halfing shoulder.
"We better investigate before it gets dark anyway, to secure this area. Come, Kriv and Rugg sure can protect us if these are hostile and dangerous."
That being said, the wizard follow Kriv into the forest, keeping his senses sharp and ready his staff for combat.

I'll go on passive perception for now (17)

Sploosh
2012-03-22, 12:45 PM
Allie nods. Her eyes are still wide and she has gripped her spear until her knuckles are white. Still, she follows the others.

Hircine
2012-03-22, 03:58 PM
Thog - Orc Barbarian

Thog picks up the apple and inspects it closely before taking a large bite. The orc grimaces in disgust and spits out the foul tasting piece of fruit. He tosses the apple to the ground, stomping on it angrily. "Thog HATE fruit!

Thog hurries to catch up with the others grumbling under his breath. "Thog no want apple, Thog want to eat tasty meat."

Megatron46
2012-03-22, 04:50 PM
Samuel
The cleric watches half the survivours approach the mysterious and potential deadly fruit, when Thog picks it up and takes a huge bite! He snorts in amusement. "Okay people," he says and claps his hands together, "Let's leave that lot to scour the forest and find food, we'll search the beach, see what we can find and start to construct a shelter!" He waves his hands to hurry the others along, as he adds the sheets to the planks, "This could form the beginning of something...what else can we find?"
Perception- [roll0] to keep searching the beach also to find a good spot to start constructing the shelter.

Conundrum
2012-03-22, 05:21 PM
Rugg

Not one to be left behind, Rugg strides into the forest beside Kriv.

Ascy
2012-03-24, 03:33 PM
Bremek

Bremek quickly falls in line behind Samuel, his belly bobbing as he jogs along the beach. He looks around for a few seconds, then mumbles towards the priest:
"Like the beach better anyways. You can see further, fewer nasty surprises!
Not that there's much to see on this ruttin' island, eh?"

With a wink towards Samuel, he shouts over to Thog:
"OI! THOG! You go find a fish on the beach, and I'll roast us some friggin' nice meal, whaddaya say?"

[roll0]

Murf
2012-03-28, 02:37 PM
Everyone read:
Sparks isn't playing, he only had one post at the beginning of this game, so just ignore that one and we'll move on.

Bremek and Samuel:

They walk down the beach, away from the forest. As they advance about 200 yards away from the forest's edge, they see something on the beach another 100 yards or so down. It looks like something on the beach, perhaps rocks? It is 10 yards further back onto land from where the sea is keeping the sand moist. Even this far down the cliff is still very high off the ground and provides an effective wall. To go on top of the wall you'd have to walk much farther down.

Thog, Rugg, Allie, Herbert and Kriv:

As you enter the forest your eyes adjust to how dark it is. You can see much farther inside. Straining you can see the first clearing that was already mentioned. It is pretty far down though. You see a couple more apples in front of you in the direction of the clearing. To your left is the sea, nearly coming up to the trees. To your right is the same cliff, rubbing right against the treeline.

Conundrum
2012-03-28, 02:43 PM
Rugg

"Ooh, isn't it funny that all the apples fell in a straight line!" Rugg remarks, still failing to catch the implications. Unless someone attempts to stop him, he continues deeper into the forest towards the clearing, hoping that the feature he discovered might be of aid to the group.

While he walks, he remains alert for danger, not trusting the forests - after all, his mountain home was mostly clear of such obstructions.

Messed up my perception roll, see OOC.
EDIT: Got an 8 anyway, ugh :smallannoyed:

Dekkah
2012-03-28, 03:02 PM
Herbert Blackwater
"Rugg, be careful. This look like some trap to me, to draw us in that direction. We still should investigate, but look of for traps or ambushes."
The wizard take a few quick steps to get to the front of the group and look for trackson the ground.
Perception (to find tracks) :[roll0]
If I do find some, Nature to identify what did them
Nature : [roll1]

Hircine
2012-03-28, 03:58 PM
Thog - Orc Barbarian

Thog growls angrily at the fruit as he falls in behind Rugg.

Megatron46
2012-03-29, 10:03 AM
Samuel
"You see that Bremek?" the Cleric says excitedly, slapping the bigger man on the chest! "Let's check it out!" and heads off down the beach at a run to see what they spotted.
Perception- [roll0]

Sploosh
2012-03-29, 10:07 AM
Allie kneels down and puts the apples in her pack. "I might be able to scout it out." she says quietly.

Ascy
2012-03-30, 11:44 AM
Bremek

"Yeah, yeah I see it alright..", Bremek answers the cleric's request.
[roll0]

As he sees the man run off, he is surprised for a second, not having expected Samuel to be so enthusiastic.

"HEY! No need to go rushin' like a madman! Aaah well, darnit.."
The stocky man charges after the priest, towards the strange object, keeping the pace surprisingly easy for a man his size.