PDA

View Full Version : Refluffing the Radiant Servant of Pelor

nyjastul69
2012-03-15, 01:32 AM
I'm DMing a game in which one of the players, a Cleric of Hextor lvl 10, wants a PrC. He didn't find anything more attractive than the RSoP refluffed. We're calling it a Dark Servant of Hextor. It seems pretty easy to refluff. I'm not concerned with the requirements. As far as class features go...

Weapons and Armor remain the same.

Radiance: uses the darkness descriptor instead of the light descriptor.

Extra Greater Turning: applies to rebuking undead, not turning.

Spells per Day/Spells known: remains the same.

Turn Undead: applies to rebuke undead.

Divine Health: remains the same.

Empower Healing: applies to inflict spells.

Aura of Warding: ?

Bonus Domain: choose another one of Hextor's domains.

Maximize Healing: applies to inflict spells.

Positive Energy Burst: ?

Supreme Healing: applies to inflict spells.

So, in regards to Aura of Warding, I'm thinking that it could be all foes within 10' take a -2 penalty on Will saves. Or the range could be extended to 30' and allow a Will negates saving throw.

Positive Energy Burst is more problematic for me. Dealing 1d6/class level to all living creatures within 100' seems like too much. I see 2 ways of handling this. Decrease the range and increase the turning attempts used. I'm not sure how much of each though. Should it be 30', 50', 3 turn attempts or 4 turn attempts?

I can also see it being a buff for undead. All undead within 100' are 'cured' by some amount. 1d6/class level is too much. Should it be applied to only allied undead (weird) with a much shorter range (he's already animated a coupla creatures)? I think this option is more flavorful.

So, what did I miss? Too much? Too little?

Thanks in advance for any opinions provided.

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-15, 02:34 AM
I'm DMing a game in which one of the players, a Cleric of Hextor lvl 10, wants a PrC. He didn't find anything more attractive than the RSoP refluffed. We're calling it a Dark Servant of Hextor. It seems pretty easy to refluff. I'm not concerned with the requirements. As far as class features go...

Weapons and Armor remain the same.

Radiance: uses the darkness descriptor instead of the light descriptor.

Extra Greater Turning: applies to rebuking undead, not turning.

Spells per Day/Spells known: remains the same.

Turn Undead: applies to rebuke undead.

Divine Health: remains the same.

Empower Healing: applies to inflict spells.

Aura of Warding: ?

Bonus Domain: choose another one of Hextor's domains.

Maximize Healing: applies to inflict spells.

Positive Energy Burst: ?

Supreme Healing: applies to inflict spells.

So, in regards to Aura of Warding, I'm thinking that it could be all foes within 10' take a -2 penalty on Will saves. Or the range could be extended to 30' and allow a Will negates saving throw.

Positive Energy Burst is more problematic for me. Dealing 1d6/class level to all living creatures within 100' seems like too much. I see 2 ways of handling this. Decrease the range and increase the turning attempts used. I'm not sure how much of each though. Should it be 30', 50', 3 turn attempts or 4 turn attempts?

I can also see it being a buff for undead. All undead within 100' are 'cured' by some amount. 1d6/class level is too much. Should it be applied to only allied undead (weird) with a much shorter range (he's already animated a coupla creatures)? I think this option is more flavorful.

So, what did I miss? Too much? Too little?

Thanks in advance for any opinions provided.

I beat you already by about 15 minutes, sorry http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236252 :smallbiggrin:

LordofBones
2012-03-15, 06:04 AM
Why not use a refluffed Dreadmaster of Bane (which fits Hextor, seeing as how they're both gods of tyranny)? Hextor doesn't focus on undead; it would seem to me that a more negative-energy themed cleric PrC would fit Nerull, Wee Jas or Mellifleur.