PDA

View Full Version : Order me around. [PF]

ExemplarofAvg
2012-03-15, 07:56 AM
So in creating a new character in a Pathfinder game everything is set up for this cavalier, except what order he is a part of. So, suggestions? Spoiled below are his personal motivations.

Ona
Human Cavalier
His brother was a (LG)Wizard who was developing Transformative (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons#TOC-Transformative) Weapons.
Now in this game world the Transformative Quarterstaff that the character wields is the only transformative item in existence (and it splits apart to become two one-handed weapons if needed.)
It was for the creation and refusal to surrender this technology that his brother was killed. Since he brother was more the studious looking to better humanity wizard Ona also hopes to improve the world so needless murder of good men does not occur.

So his main motivation is revenge of his brother's death, fighting for peace and prosperity, but also learning about some secrets of magic that his brother also stumbled upon, apparently some form of lost magic (not that he can use it) but curiosity leads him and he wonders what kind of magic was found. (It links into the DM's overall campaign idea about "True Magic" or of that sort at least, from what we know.)

Particle_Man
2012-03-15, 11:11 AM
I would think that the order that protects the "little people" would be a good match. You didn't turn the weapon over to the overlords because they would not share it with the world and you want to share it with the world?

ExemplarofAvg
2012-03-15, 12:26 PM
I would think that the order that protects the "little people" would be a good match. You didn't turn the weapon over to the overlords because they would not share it with the world and you want to share it with the world?

Evil people came to take the weapon.
It's early firearms age (There's a Gunslinger in the group)
They are almost like a terrorist group who plan to use it to sneak in weapons of Mass Destruction. We figure some sort of exploding thing (and magic goes bad when it explodes.)

Particle_Man
2012-03-15, 02:09 PM
Could go for the "honour" one, then, too.

ExemplarofAvg
2012-03-15, 02:16 PM
Could go for the "honour" one, then, too.

Not really familiar with them, could you be more specific as to what the order is called, please and thank you.

Particle_Man
2012-03-15, 04:13 PM
Order of the Sword. In the Advanced Players Guide.

Particle_Man
2012-03-15, 08:19 PM
Oh, and there is "Order of the Seal" in Ultimate Combat that is specifically designed for protecting unique magical objects. That is more of a "secret society" thing though, although I guess you could be the founder of the order.