PDA

View Full Version : Centaur

NeverSleep
2012-03-15, 02:22 PM
Help!

I have a lv. 1 centaur(from savage species) and need help with my 40 pt buy, and the feats.

In the setting, only the warrior, theif, and magic user are available for classes, but you can prestige into anything.

So I want to get to centaur 6, but need some ideas for prestige classes I would benefit from.

Thanks guys!

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2012-03-15, 10:39 PM
Are you interested in dps overkill?

I'm not sure about your warrior base class but I'm sure you could scale a build of mine back to only a hundred thousand points of dama

Particle_Man
2012-03-15, 11:51 PM
I envy your point buy. :smallsmile:

Basically, what do you want? You could be a Ruby Knight of Wee Jas (Tome of Battle), I believe, if that turns your crank.

NeverSleep
2012-03-16, 10:13 AM
There is a lot of difficulty in qualifying for any PRC's(part of the challenge by design I believe) because of the lack of all base classes.

Expert, Warrior, and Magic user are the key here.

Particle_Man
2012-03-16, 11:29 AM
So let's see, you will have 4 HD so anything that requires more than 7 ranks in a skill is out (or more than 3 ranks in any skill that is cross-class). You will have 2 feats to play with, in addition to Simple Weapon, Martial Weapon (Longsword, Longbow). Your BAB will be +4.

You want to avoid taking any levels in the three allowed "base classes", I take it?

Unless you get creative with feats to get class skills, your class skills are Listen, Spot, Move Silently, Survival.

Sadly, RKV is out then at it needs 8 ranks in hide.

In fact, it may be difficult. Despite being Centaur 6 you are in effect a 4th level character with a +2 LA, and most prestige classes require at least 5 levels to get going. There are a few exceptions, but I don't know them off-hand.

How allergic are you to taking a level in one of the three "base" classes?

NeverSleep
2012-03-16, 11:35 AM
I'm not tied to avoiding the classes, its just that by 6th lv progression I figured I could qualify for a decent prestige class by that time with a little creativity.

I'm also not opposed to 6 centaur then 2-3 levels in something else to qualify for it...

what about hulking hurler?

King Atticus
2012-03-16, 11:48 AM
If you take one level of Warrior to get your BAB up to 5 (bonus feat is gravy) you could go War Hulk. It's always fun to just overpower things and the prerecs are crazy minimal.

Base Attack Bonus: +5.
Feats: Cleave.
Special: Must be Large or larger

Plus it lets you throw rocks and hit up to 4 squares with one throw (if that's what you're in to) or pretty much kill everyone in every square you threaten with your melee weapon. Also if you go all 10 levels it grants a free extra 20pts to your strength...which is always sexy.

Particle_Man
2012-03-16, 12:26 PM
Is your DM using the Prestige Class Paladin? If so, maybe you can finagle a way to make yourself your own special mount for the natural armour and spell resistance and the like?

NeverSleep
2012-03-16, 01:43 PM
You mean like from the SRD?

Cool idea. I may have to take one level of magic user in order to take full advantage of the spell casting progressions.

DropsonExistanc
2012-03-16, 07:16 PM
If you could turn yourself into some kind of charger, that'd be pretty awesome. It would rely on feats quite a bit, even if you could get into a knight-type prc.

NeverSleep
2012-03-19, 02:36 PM
I think I'm going war-hulk.

Now just need feats... Thoughts?

Keld Denar
2012-03-19, 04:14 PM
1st Power Attack
3rd Cleave
5th bonus Improved Bull Rush
6th Knockback.

Past there, it doesn't matter much. Just PA real nice and fling people into walls with your massive size and strength. Knockback is in Races of Stone. It's good. You want it.

NeverSleep
2012-03-22, 06:34 PM
Anybody have first level suggestions if I take 2 flaws?

Metahuman1
2012-03-22, 06:40 PM
Just a thought, Spirited charge + a Lance + LVL's in Frenzied berserk would be pretty sexy. More so if you can get pounce, maybe using some Incarnum feats to get the Spinx Claws Soulmeld.

Frosty
2012-03-22, 07:19 PM
If you become a paladin, try to get a Special Rider instead of a Special Mount :smallbiggrin: