PDA

View Full Version : Something different

Techsmart
2012-03-15, 04:45 PM
So, my group recently decided we want to play something different, and I suggested All the Little Things (for those interested, go Here (http://tailsteak.com/000473/All%20the%20Little%20Things.pdf)). For those who don't want to read it, it is essentially Toy Story, the RPG. I am thinking I'm going to set the campaign in the future, probably something star-trek-ish. The premise of the game is that the players find out that one of their owners' old stuffed animals wants to kill it's owner. To do it, the stuffed animal is going around the ship trying to reroute coolant into the boy's room. My thing is, I want the stuffed animal to have cohorts, Things that will slow the players down. We got dust-bunnies and rats, but I'm looking for some good ideas for things that get neglected or treated poorly that the players will face. One idea i had was an electronic toy that constantly got hit against a wall or other hard surface when it didn't work. I would like some other ideas, though, to create a team of things.
tl,dr: what are some everyday things that, if they were people, would probably harbor bad feelings toward you because of how you treat them? This can literally be anything, from dustbunny to toy to tool.

Belril Duskwalk
2012-03-15, 04:56 PM
Socks. How many socks have you lost that you look for for a couple minutes, then shrug and forget all about it?
Obviously toys that the child has outgrown are a good source of neglected minions.
Pillows. Children throwing tantrums have been known to pummel the heck out of their pillows. Also, does anybody ever ask the poor cuddly pillow if it wants to be used as a weapon during every pillow fight ever?

Kol Korran
2012-03-16, 12:44 PM
first of all, this looks like a great game. hope you'll have fun.

some ideas:
- since it's in the future, how about some info- console (think i phone, i pad, and the like) the kid stored it away once he got a better one, forgetting it. being neglected, it mainly wishes to destroy it's replacement, and believes that is the purpose of the BBEG. it doesn't have all the info on the kid, but it might have some usefull things (Like ID numbers, maybe a map of the ship, diary notes and the like)

- a mirror. the kid used to prance and play in front of it, but perhaps broke it for some reason. the mirror might hold quite a bit of the personality of the child. you can have a cool affect with the item's personality be spread through the all of the shards, it being able to see through all of them. that way it can be used as a multiple sentry system. also, shards are sharp.

you can also use it as a sort of "recurring villain", with each shard talking to the party before destroyed.

for cool points you could have it partyl demented, thinking it IS the child, and that it and it's friends are trying to remove an imposter. when the characters talk to the shards he might show images, broken distorted images of the kid.

- a jacket the kid has outgrown. something that was supposed to make the kid look cool, look tough, but was set aside when the kid grew out of it. this could be a sort of a "brute but dumb monster" with high strength and reasonable dexterity, but perhaps a few vulnerable parts, or an environment that can be used against it?

- the marbles: being together they act pretty much like a hive mind. most are chipped, some are broken, all are lack luster. they try to trip the characters, hit them while jumping and the like.

i hope this helps! and please, please let us know how the game went! :smalltongue:

good luck!
Kol.

Techsmart
2012-03-17, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I love the broken mirror idea. The socks and marbles sound like they would make great characters to swarm (maybe ill make the marble bag alive too, and have it shoot these screaming marbles at the players, then keep following them around, trying to trip em). It should start on tuesday, so I hope I can get back to you guys with good news. We did a one-shot with this system once before and it was a blast. At the time, I was a PC, and the group consisted of a rhomba, a chibi-thulhu doll (me), a comb, and a metal action figure, for a 4-hour session, we had a load of fun.