PDA

View Full Version : Thattaman's Weaving Wyrd IC

Thattaman
2012-03-15, 04:45 PM
The monument of Erastil is lit up and there are stalls all around it. A magically built stage is put out in front of the monument. The streets are bustling with people buting, selling and having a good time. ON the stage a celebrity minstrel is playing a song about the adventures of Adrack's adventures from the Dwarven Continent.

Chained Birds
2012-03-15, 08:17 PM
Eric

A young, strong-looking boy is seen running around the area with a hammer in hand and a ladder held in place by his body and left arm. The shirtless kid is wearing a bandana over his forehead to keep the sweat from his eyes and a pair of worn pants with slabs of paint everywhere. With a few nails hanging off the side of his mouth, he moves towards a local general store.
After arriving, he sets up the ladder and climbs to the roof with relative ease. The sign on the store is slightly askew and could do with some repairs. The boy takes out one of the nails in his mouth, and aligns the sign so it is perpendicular to the ground. As he hammers the nails into the board, he can't help but wonder what it would be like to go on one of those adventures the Minstrel is singing about. He gets so distracted in thought that he accidentally bangs his thumb with the hammer, and falls off the ladder.

"Ouch... I guess it's going to be one of those days..."

Acrobatics Check: [roll0] DC 15 to negate fall damage.
- (If Fail) Fall Damage: [roll1]

I decided to post Eric's actions. Today he was asked to fix the sign on the [Insert Name] General Store. I'd like it for him to take 10 on the repairs, but if you'd like a Craft check, you can use this one: Craft (Miscellaneous): [roll2].

Calenestel
2012-03-16, 01:49 AM
Moving from stall to stall the pretty little girl called Cecilia mostly watches the gathered people and listens to the music. Once in a while she stops to study something on display, jewelry she can't afford until mother sends her allowance anyway and the like. But mostly she just... soaks up the feeling of the place. She had shaken off Rollo a while back and could enjoy herself fully now. Her dwarven butler/bodyguard would probably want to have words later. But she had bought a cone of hard sweets and she knew that a few of them and a smile or two would get her out of any trouble she'd get into with the softhearted old dwarf.
Happily she skipped onwards, noticing a boy on a ladder that just took a tumble but managed to land well. Had he seemed to hurt himself she'd probably gone to him, now she instead moved towards the stage.

Nixed
2012-03-16, 08:27 AM
Nice weather and outdoor entertainment were the bane of productive work. Trae skipped out early from his father's shop and headed down to see the show, whistling the tune being played quietly to himself as he watched off to the side, away from the crowds.

Thattaman
2012-03-19, 01:02 PM
The music stops as Adrack walks up onto stage. He opens his mouth and bellows in his loud, authorititive voice.
"Greetings, people of Ingrid's Cove. It's a pleasure to come onto stage with such a warm welcome. Today is the day of my 400th birthday. Though I have left you in the past when venturing out into the wilds, I've never forgotten about you!" The crowd cheers as he says this "Although this is a great time of clebration, it's also a time of mourning, for my brother is now dead. He passed away peacefully away in his sleep and is waiting for me in Heaven."

As he says this he starts to cough loudly as though he's getting weaker in his venerable age. The clouds suddenly start to change clour very slightly to become slightly red, although it's still hours until twilight.

Chained Birds
2012-03-19, 01:43 PM
Eric

Man, that old guy sure ain't doing very well, Eric thinks to himself after completing his work on the sign. He then heads towards the stage, before pausing in surprise at the sky.

"That sky... doesn't loo- Oh Crap! I left the ladder behind!."

Eric rushes back to retrieve his ladder, losing his train of thought.

Calenestel
2012-03-19, 02:21 PM
Weaving her way through the throng, her friendly smile and sunny personality easily making people help her get to a better vantage point, Cecilia comes to stop just in front of a pair of rather surly dwarves. The two had made sure that no too-tall humans were blocking their view and that in turn let her get a clear line of sight to Adrack. She was new in town and wasn't sure who the man was. But it was clear that he was important, and obviously having a birthday. Nice birthday party, she mused as she popped another hard candy into her mouth and stood listening. The old dwarf's coughing fit made her worried, though. He should really see a priest for something like that. And stay indoors, snug and warm. She could easily imagine what her own mother would say if she ran around outdoors with a cough like that.

Chained Birds
2012-03-22, 03:14 PM
Eric

After retrieving his ladder, he decides to carry it balancing it on his left shoulder. After spending some time placing it in the right spot, he walks down the street and wonders why he doesn't carry his ladder like this anymore; but as he wonders, he realizes he never checked his work from afar yet. Stopping in place, he swings his body around to observe the sign from his current position, unaware that he may have clipped someone.

Improvised Weapon (Ladder) vs Trae's Flat-footed AC
- Attack: [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1]

Thattaman
2012-03-22, 03:20 PM
The sky gets redder and Adrack breakes into a huge coughing fit. Two of his body guards take him offstage and the red sky subsides. THe band starts to play again nad everyone goes away from the stage. Although most people haven't noticed the red sky, there are hushed conversations of Adrack's strange behaviour.

Calenestel
2012-03-23, 01:40 PM
As Adrack's coughing only worsen Cecilia turns pale and wide-eyed with concern and fear. That didn't look good at all. She wasn't that accustomed with illness and frankly this scared her. She wasn't sure if anyone else noticed the sky reddening as the elderly dwarf continued to cough, but she did, and she immediately assumed a connexion.
As the dwarf is more or less carried away and the sky returns to normal the girl heaves a sigh of relief. Still pondering what might have made the sky behave like that she turns and notices a boy swinging a ladder almost like he intended to hit someone. Suddenly a smile replaces her worried frown and she openly studies the clumsy boy as he turns again, almost clipping two dwarves. It wasn't that she had forgotten about the odd phenomenon, but it didn't seem so dire when she saw the almost-catastrophy unfold.

Thattaman
2012-03-25, 03:00 AM
ONe of the bodyguards enters the stage and says to the crowd. I'm sorry but Adrack seems to have encountered some inconviniences, he will be un able to continue his speech. Most people leave the monument and go home, but the PCs decide to see what happended. Only they have noticed the strange connection between the red sky and the violent cough.

OOC
Now it's your time to explore the village and see if you can find anything out about what has just happened.

Chained Birds
2012-03-25, 09:37 AM
Eric

Apologizing for almost hitting people, Eric hold the ladder in its previous position so as not to accidentally hit anyone else. Eric is fairly concerned with the reddening of the sky but can hardly understand what it means. So, he'll walk around asking people if they've seen the sky turn red too but will most likely receive odd looks.

"Old beard Adrack sure wasn't doing well today, but I guess old people start to get that way once they reach the... winter years? Or was it Autumn? Which season came first again?
Arg! I knew I should have payed more attention with mom's home schooling! I blame you Red Skies!
But I guess you can't really blame the sky. Or can you?
..."

Eric is standing around thinking out loud trying to piece together anything, but drawing a blank as no one else had seen the redness to his knowledge.

Calenestel
2012-03-27, 12:37 PM
"I don't think you can blame the red sky about the quality of your education, really," a high pitched voice says with mock sincerity next to Eric. As soon as he looks down on her he can see that it's a faked kind of sincerity: a big, mischievous smile on the girl's lips clearly belies her tone. "But there was something odd about it, though. And it disappeared as soon as the old dwarf went back inside. That can't be good news."

Chained Birds
2012-03-27, 02:56 PM
Eric

"You saw it too!"

He clasps her hands together within his and stares into her eyes with an earnest, jovial expression across his face.

"I thought I was going crazy or something with everyone looking at me funny! My name's Eric, what's yours?"

Calenestel
2012-03-27, 11:23 PM
"I'm Cecilia Berne," the girl answers with a child's honesty and pride. "And I saw it too. I don't think any of the grownups did. So I guess it's up to us two to do something about it!" A grin splits the girl's face at the last part. An adventure! She could guess what mommy would say about it, but she was going on adventures all the time. Now it was her turn.

Chained Birds
2012-03-28, 05:11 AM
Eric

Eric releases his grip and looks up at the sky for a moment.

"So... um Cecilia, What should we do?"

He crosses his arms and begins thinking.

"I mean, like where do we start or something?"

Calenestel
2012-03-28, 01:51 PM
"I guess we should talk with someone..." Cecilia answers thoughtfully. "It'd help if we could find someone else who noticed the whole thing but if it's only the two of us... then maybe I should try and find some information on this kind of phenomena."
The young girl doesn't look any older than eleven, but often she sounds much older, comes from being raised by a wizard and (sometimes) a bard. However, at the mention of having to try and find more info she makes a frustrated, disgusted face. That meant study, she'd hoped to be able to avoid that today.