PDA

View Full Version : [3.P]Rage Prophet Concerns

Rhaegar14
2012-03-15, 06:46 PM
So my younger brother is starting up a campaign soon. Rules-wise, it's Pathfinder with 3.5 material allowed on a case-by-case basis. Tier 1 classes are banned.

Now, for my character, I was planning on playing a Rage Prophet and refluffing it into a Death-Knight-esque character. He is Lawful Evil (DM waived alignment restriction), but bound by a Bound Prophecy spell to obey one of the other characters in the party.

Now, here's my dilemma. With the Oracle's limited spell list, and the slots I'll have to sink into thematic-but-not-terribly-useful spells (like Animate Dead), I know he'll be horrifying in melee, but I'm worried about his versatility elsewhere, especially because his flavor won't support skill points into being party face. Anyone got any recommendations?

deuxhero
2012-03-15, 06:52 PM
Rage Prohpet seems to be Pazio's version of Rage Mage... taking all the flaws incuded by WotC's early 3.5 mentality of full BAB being powerful.

Yeah...

At least is has divine power I guess.

eggs
2012-03-15, 09:10 PM
The Rage Prophet is not a strong class. Expect to be very limited out of combat, and about on the level of a standard Oracle in melee.

Rage Prophet basically gets two revelations to use through most of its career, and no class-provided Rage Powers. Battle is a strong choice of Mystery for the Initiative and immediate movement revelations.

The Extra Revelation and Extra Rage Power feats are going to be your friends, and you might even want to grab Extra Rage at low levels (assuming a build of Barbarian 2/Oracle 4/RP X, 6+Con rounds of Rage/day stretches pretty thin until Rage Priest).

If you're concerned with out-of-combat utility, you might want to grab a Summon Monster spell every couple spell levels. SM2 and SM4 are the highlights for general utility purposes, due to their low-level spell slots and the introductions of elemental and mephit summons, respectively.