PDA

View Full Version : Dragonwrought kobolds and mental stats

Drazik
2012-03-15, 10:48 PM
I am so confused; everyone says that dragonwrought kobold is such a great feat, and I agree. But people also say that it gives +3 to all mental stats; I've read the feat many times, but cannot find a mention of it. Can anyone enlighten me on how this works?

King Atticus
2012-03-15, 10:53 PM
you age them up to venerable. DW kobolds don't take neg's from aging but still get all the bonuses. Venerable = +3 to all 3 mental stats

Treblain
2012-03-15, 10:54 PM
Nothing, but dragon type has no penalties for aging, so you can set your age category to venerable for mental stat bonuses without suffering physical stat penalties.

Then you have to explain to your DM why your hundred-year old kobold is level one. I think we had a thread on that recently...

Drazik
2012-03-15, 10:56 PM
Ooooooooh ok that makes sense now. thanks!:smallsmile:

Rejusu
2012-03-16, 05:59 AM
Nothing, but dragon type has no penalties for aging, so you can set your age category to venerable for mental stat bonuses without suffering physical stat penalties.

Then you have to explain to your DM why your hundred-year old kobold is level one. I think we had a thread on that recently...

Maybe he just sat in his Kobold hole with it's round door and never went on any adventures?

ahenobarbi
2012-03-16, 06:33 AM

Maybe he just sat in his Kobold hole with it's round door and never went on any adventures?

My was chief of a kobold colony (chose one and what not) andwas too busy to level up. Then village was destroyed so he started adventuring to get his vengeance.

Shadowleaf
2012-03-16, 07:25 AM
If a Human can go an entire lifetime without leveling up to second level, I don't see why a Kobold shouldn't be able to go 100 years before doing so.

Don't fall into the trap that age or time = XP. Humans have just as many high-level NPC's as Elves - even though Elves tend to live a whole lot longer.

Basically, you have to put in an effort to gain XP - you have to defeat level-appropriate encounters, not just do mundane tasks over and over.