PDA

View Full Version : Axe & Thistle (Waymouth Tavern) [Daily Dungeon]

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-16, 12:58 PM
AXE & THISTLE

http://www.ecosalon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/thatched-roof-cottage.jpg

The warm air of the building greets you as you open the door. The pleasant scent of roasting meats and stew wafts before you as your eyes adjust to the brightly lit room. As you step across the wood boards of the floor you feel the cozy environment put you at ease. This is no city tavern, full of rabble. The folks that drink here are sturdy and treat this place like the home it is for many of them.

Two simple chandeliers hang from the ceiling and a large fire sits on the wall to your left. A few locals regard you momentarily as you enter before looking back to their drinks and conversations. The two tables closest to the fire are occupied (one to your left with two chairs and the other straight ahead of you with three chairs), the patrons all common folk of differing trades. At the far left corner a barmaid stands upon seeing you enter and makes her way over.

http://borgdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/tavern.jpg

"Welcome to the Axe n' Thistle... sit where'va ya like, cannae get you a drink?"

Floorplan:

http://www.simmonsasylum.com/GameResources/DJ/Inn1-Floorplan.jpg

Duke of URL
2012-03-16, 02:08 PM
Fip Fillipip, male gnome druid

A rather scruffy-looking gnome partially darkens the doorway. On first glance, he looks almost exactly as you'd picture a gnome to appear -- average height, average weight, straw-colored hair, and the like. Except that the hair is matted and dirty, and a nearly bald patch over the left ear is the source for a vicious scar that travels down the side of his face. He steps timidly over the threshold, as if not quite sure he wants to go inside.

"I wants some ale, please," he nearly squeaks to the barmaid, polite though not quite mastering the use of language. "And some root stew, if you has any. Can I sleep in the stable? I got coin, I just sleep more good around animals."

He looks for a seat near the fire, but preferably at an open table.

Nich_Critic
2012-03-16, 02:13 PM
There is a loud CRACK of thunder and a flash of lightning, and a dark cloaked figure is momentarily silhouetted in the doorframe of the tavern. He pauses for only a moment, before moving to the bar, and clambering awkwardly up on the bar stool. In a squeeky voice he croaks "ALE!", placing a scattering of copper on the bar. After a moment, he adds, in a much quieter and less agressive tone, "And stabling for my donkey. And... a room. ... please."

Before entry: Cast prestidigitation. Cast ghost sound to mimic thunder, and use prestidigitation to create a brief but very bright flash of light.

The patrons of the bar may find the thunder and lightning confusing, since it's clearly a beautiful day outside

Xealot7
2012-03-16, 02:35 PM
Carabell Dinkeldorf, Female Gnome Bard

The petite little gnome enters the tavern and finds an empty seat near the bar. She looks to the barmaid, "Water please. Thank you." Carabelle looks at those gathered in the bar before speaking to the fellow next to her. "I have my donkey in the stable as well. His name is Nigel and mine is Carabelle. What is your name?"

Etcetera
2012-03-16, 02:40 PM
Tala waited a short distance from the entrance to the tavern, watching a slow but steady stream of eccentric and obviously armed characters make their way in. Tala had heard stories about this sort before, though he could quite remember where. Adventurers, they were called. A short string of words assembled in his head, forming into a coherent sentence after a few seconds. He couldn't place the voice, but it seemed somehow familiar.

"Never come between an adventure and his drink, kid. And when tempers fray in the tavern and there's a funny looking bearded man in a dress shooting mean looks at the other patrons, make your excuses and leave."

This useful piece of information, acquired and digested, Tala decided to bite the metaphorical bullet. As he approached the door the sound of thunder reached his ears. Moving his glance down slightly, he saw a small figure standing in the doorway. That'd be another one of those adventurers.

Tala walked to the bar, extracting a copper piece from his moneybag and ordering whatever drink that'd get him. He'd heard violence was the only language that adventures understood, but he wasn't stupid. If this little man could create thunder on a bright day, what other tricks would he have up his sleeve. Tala took his drink and made his way towards the fire, giving the adventurer a wide berth. Looking around, he saw a scarred little man sitting at a table.

Tala liked scars. In his mind, a scarred man was honest, trustworthy, and not afraid to get his hands dirty. Tala found a place at the table, a respectful distance from the scruffy-looking gnome.

magusoftheCore
2012-03-16, 03:08 PM
Crigglin, Male

The door to the tavern announces yet another gnome's arrival, this one clutching a walking stick and eyeing the crowd suspiciously.
CLUNK.. CLUNK.. CLUNK
The sound of staff upon planks entwined with the inevitable squeak of floor boards follows the cloaked but not hooded stranger to a seat by the fire.
"No drink fer now, lass. The.. er... Sight Twister shall nae be both'rd."
After looking over the other patrons for a moment, he lifts his hood and stares into the flickering flames.

Nich_Critic
2012-03-16, 03:09 PM
Twinkles

Twinkles flinches at the sound of the female gnome's voice. He hadn't expected conversation, due to his entrance and the dark, hooded cloak he wore. Generally these were effective at causing others to give him a wide berth. Because it hadn't, he was at a loss as to how to respond.

"Uhh... Twinkles!" he squeaked, doing his best to puff himself up and look intimidating.

Intimidate: [roll0]

And Carabelle: no offence is meant, Twinkles is just really bad at this sort of thing :).

Sallera
2012-03-16, 03:47 PM
Komari

The Axe and Thistle. A curious name. The monks had insisted on teaching him to read and write, and he had acquiesced, but so far he had found nothing worth reading. The gnomes everywhere in sight as he enters are another curiosity; he cannot trust that he will be able to speak with them, and makes his way to a table at the centre of the room.

The orc's misshapen features and slightly hunched posture (something the monks tried their best to train out of him, but never quite managed to make stick) offset his otherwise imposing presence somewhat, as does the tattered mendicant's robe he wears. He shakes his head as the barmaid approaches. "Not here to drink. Only to find something."

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-16, 03:54 PM
The barmaid begins to giggle as the tavern fills with short folk. Nearly simultaneously the regulars begin to grumble.

She fetches Fip a bowl of potato and vegetable stew, a large hunk of barley bread and a mug full of ale. One silver covers the meal and the ale. If'n ye need more drink, a mugfull will run ya four coppers. As for accomodations, ya need ta speak with Gorig over yonder... and she motions to the stairway just past the fire.

The farmers seem a little concerned at the apparent thunder during Twinkles arrival. As he walks in, two of them leave to check the weather and don't return. The barmaid sweeps up his coppers, four of them, and returns with an ale. Our rooms are made for big folk small master and have several beds. It'd be best if you spoke with Gorig regarding accommodations...

The barmaid fetches Carabell a clean mug full of cool water and indicates Gorig for her stabling needs. No charge for the water hun and the name's Sage... like the plant. Whut's yers?

Sage giggles when Tala orders with a single copper piece, then fetches a mug full of cider, a bit watered down but very thirst quenching. Ya just wave if'n ya need anything else alright darlin'?

When confronted by Crigglin, she has no idea what to make of him. So she just courtseys awkwardly Ss.. sorry! and hurries back to the kitchen to keep away from him.

Menu options known so far:

Ale 4cp
Water free
Meal (comes with an ale) 1sp
Simple Cider 1cp

Lexin
2012-03-16, 04:05 PM
Ien Sheel, male halfling druid

Some time later a small figure walks in the tavern he wears a dark green cloak but doesn't cover his face with the hood. He looks around for a while and nods slightly. Although his eyes widen in surprise when he sees the gnomes.

I travel with my friend Pery... he points outside, on dog almost twice as big as the master ... can he come in as well? He says quietly, as if already expecting refusal.

Xealot7
2012-03-16, 04:21 PM
Carabelle Dinkeldorf, Female Gnome Bard

The petite Gnome blanches at Twinkles response and looks for a table to crawl under. Thankful the serving girl comes back with Carabelle's water and the Gnome is able to focus her attention on her. "Oh, thank you, that is very kind. My name is Carabelle. Carabelle Dinkeldorf. Sage is a beautiful name. Gorig you say. I'll check with him. Thank you again."

The Gnome drinks her water makes her way to the staircase Sage motioned to in search of Gorig, making sure to give the mean ol' gnome a wide berth. "Master Gorig, I am inquiring about board for my donkey, Nigel. If there is room, I would like to stay with him as well." the Gnome says politely.

OOC:No worries Twinkles, I am just going to play along.

LordDice
2012-03-16, 04:40 PM
Lem Shalehill , Human Fighter

Lem walks stiffly into the Inn taking a second to knock the dirt off his shoes before heading to a open table near the center of the room. "Just an ale please, swear I must be imagining things, heard a thunderclap a minute ago and not a cloud in the sky."

Setting down the coin to pay for the ale he takes a minute to adjust his ill-fitting armor and gets comfortable on the chair before eagerly looking at all the gnomes and odd folk that look to be adventurers, hoping to hear some amazing tales he makes no effort to hide the fact he's trying to listen to the conversations in the room.

Mistral
2012-03-16, 05:06 PM
Kylie Wintermoor, Gnomish Bard

As Kylie rounded a bend in the road, a tavern came into view. Somewhat rustic, with thatched roof over firm brickwork, the sign proudly announcing itself as the Axe and Thistle seemed to have been touched up regularly, and the front seemed well-kept, generally a sign of a good owner. This'll be the place then. Just need a few front-men, and the ruins are a hop, skip, and jump away. As she approached the front door to the tavern, two men came out. They barely spared her a glance, instead looking up at the sky as though expecting rain, likely a result of the distant thunder she had heard earlier along the road. Shrugging to each other, they kept going. Slightly puzzled, she entered, to be confronted with the odd sight of almost half a dozen fellow gnomes scattered about the main area. Not quite sure, she takes a seat at one of the smaller common tables not yet occupied. At the question from the barmaid, she asks, "Depends. I noticed you don't seem to have any music. Would'ya mind if I played for my supper, and maybe a room?" She motions at her gemshorn, hanging by a thick leather strap from her belt.

Nich_Critic
2012-03-16, 08:29 PM
Twinkles

Twinkles waits a few moments after Carabella leaves, and then goes to Gorig himself, being sure to wait until Carabella was finished before approaching.

"Excuse me, sir, but I would like to stable my donkey for the night, and have one of your beds, if you have the space. And maybe a meal, later, if you don't mind."

Sallera
2012-03-17, 06:48 PM
Komari

The poorly-dressed orc watches the steady trickle of new arrivals cautiously; it seems he has come at a good time. The expectant-looking human appears to be a good place to start, and Komari sits down across from him, studying him for a little while before speaking. "I am told: Seek adventurers. You look as though you wish to fight." He frowns slightly, as though in disapproval. "Does this make you an adventurer?"

LordDice
2012-03-17, 07:55 PM
Lem

Startled a bit at the presence of this Orc at his table and the question he stumbles a bit mentally trying to figure it out before replying with a cheery grin."Fight ? no no, don't want to fight just keeping my ears open as Pa used to say. Adventurer though, I'm not sure. I've always wanted to get into one of those great adventures the bards sing of but I'm not sure how a guy guarding caravans becomes an adventurer.

The grin falls off his face as he realizes just how far from his dreams he is right now, guarding caravans and crappy warehouses. Taking a gulp of his ale before asking "So what has you looking for adventurers anyhow ? Oh oh, is there some horrible lich eating your people ? Or a dragon ? Or a dragonlich ?! Wait...are there even dragonliches ? Hmm, I should know if there are dragonliches if I plan to keep looking to break into this adventure thing.

RPGAgmJAY
2012-03-17, 08:57 PM
Sage seems visibly shaken when she realizes an orc is in her tavern... and speaking to her. She manages to stifle her own cry of fear and manage a nod to the orc before quickly moving off.

When Ien asks about his dog, she shakes her head in the negative and points a finger around back mumbling something about Stables... before moving on as if her mind is elsewhere.

Lem gets a mug full of ale and the barmaid seems so relieved that the orc has taken up conversation with him that she forgets to take his coppers. Something about the look of the guard puts her more at ease with the presence of an orc.

Sage smiles at Kylie. Dinner I can handle, but rooms be fillin' up quicker than you can say perduddle. I'm 'fraid tis all I can offer ya. If Kylie is agreeable she is served a bowl of vegetable stew with potatoes, a large hunk of barley bread and a mug of mead. Since this is sized for a human, she'd have her stomach fill and them some.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gCCLfa9SYtM/TSwTldWjeUI/AAAAAAAAA-Y/8yB_OR8FPys/s1600/Jaynestown+-+Han+Solo+in+Firefly.jpg

Gorig is a stout man, though not as stout as a dwarf some of the locals joke that he's got some of the earth people's blood in his lineage somewhere. Likely this is more on account of his gruff personality than his looks. He's happy to rent a single room to each of the groups for 12 silvers. Stabling an animal for the night will run 5 silvers, though he'd need some convincing to allow a person to rest there.

The group rooms are comfy enough. Two trundle beds (with pull out second bed beneath them) and a single bunkbed can rest a maximum of 6 medium sized creatures in relative comfort. A pair of flat top chests can be used for storage and double as small tables or nightstands. A single east facing window brightens the room as soon as the sun rises each morning.

There is also a Noble's Suite that is available for the steep price of 4gp per night and includes the best meals the Axe & Thistle can manage. Gorig won't even unlock the door unless the money is produced up front or the person is wearing obvious finery. If a person has to ask, this isn't the room for them.

Gorig OOC:

Gorig can be convinced to let someone sleep with their mount in the stables with a proper diplomacy check DC10 and the additional cost of 1 silver per night.

Group room (sleeps 6) 12sp
Stabling 5sp per animal
Noble's Suite 4gp

Xealot7
2012-03-17, 09:31 PM
Carabelle gives her best puppy dog eyes to Gorig in the hopes of staying with Dinkel in the stables.

Once this is finished she pulls out her accordion and begins playing, hoping someone will join in.

Diplomacy:[roll0]
Perform:[roll1]

Lexin
2012-03-17, 09:32 PM
Ien is a bit disappointed, but he somehow knew it would happen, he leaves his dog in stables and goes back to the tavern.
He orders a simple meal and drinks water and sits at one of the two-person tables opposite to fireplace, near the wall. He eats quietly and slowly, listening to conversations. Later he orders also a piece of raw meat for his dog.

Nich_Critic
2012-03-17, 09:39 PM
OOC:

Never mind, I was looking at another sheet. Looks like I can't afford to stay :(. Revised post incoming.

Sallera
2012-03-17, 11:44 PM
Komari

The orc points a crooked finger at Lem's armour. "This says: I am expecting attack." His finger moves to the oversized club. "This says: When I strike, you will break." He shakes his head, withdrawing his hand. "If you do not wish to fight, why say these things?"

Komari shakes his head again after Lem finishes his tangent. "I do not know if something attacks my people. Do not live with them. I am told: Seek adventurers, join them. It is a test."

LordDice
2012-03-18, 12:25 AM
Lem

Looking down at his armor quickly while exclaiming "Damnit did those guys write on my armor again when I took a nap !" Not seeing anything he looks confused for a moment. "Ohhh I see what you mean now, I'm expecting an attack because I'm WEARING the armor, Well yeah I guess I was expecting an attack earlier...wouldn't be much of a guard if I wasn't and well..the fact is there are so many fiddly straps that I have a heck of a time adjusting I end up leaving it on most the time anyhow."

Taking a second to heft up his giant club, that was clearly part of a wagon axle at some point he smiles real big and explains "Oh I don't go anywhere without this baby, you see these magic runes ?" he points at some scribbles someones half ass carved into the wood "The guy I bought it from told me it'd make me smarter with magic !"

"A test, well that's alot better than being attacked by a dragonlich ! Wait, who goes around testing people to see if they can join adventurers. Is there a guild out there testing people to be adventurers ? why haven't I heard of this !

Sallera
2012-03-18, 01:40 AM
Komari

The monk regards Lem skeptically. "No. Stick is for striking. Magic comes from necklace, or bag."

"Test is for me," he attempts to explain, furrowing his brow in thought. "Not for adventurers. Probably."

Nich_Critic
2012-03-18, 09:04 AM
Twinkles

Twinkles frowns, as he looks in his coinbag, and finds not nearly enough silver to cover the night's stay. He pulls 5 sp and 6 cp from his bag, pressing them on Gorig.

"Please, I need a safe place to stay, just for the night. What will this get me, if anything? I can work off the remainder... somehow."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Mistral
2012-03-18, 10:28 AM
Kylie

"Sounds fine," she replies with a smile. As the barmaid walks off to get her order to the kitchens, the notes of an unfamiliar instrument being tuned up begin to wash over the room, she winces slightly, looking over to see another gnome, slightly taller than she is, playing intently and merrily with some odd contraption. While the notes from the instrument are fascinating, the music chosen...isn't quite what it could be. Still smiling outwardly, though, she pulls out her own gemshorn. Listening for the melody chosen by the other person, she begins to follow it with her own pipe's lilting notes.

Perform: [roll0]
OOC: And now that I jinxed it, I'll probably roll a 1 as well. Good thing a 1 on skill checks isn't an automatic failure.

LordDice
2012-03-18, 01:00 PM
Lem

"I'm not sure about that, I'm definitely smarter. You know not a single person has called me idiot since I started carrying this ?" he replys patting his club lovingly.

"Ahh well then, I shall help you with this test ! no need to thank me. So...just find adventurers, can't be that hard can it ?" He gestures at the odd assortment of folks in the Inn at the moment.

Etcetera
2012-03-18, 01:35 PM
Tala noticed the man with the oversized club glancing around the room, and held his gaze for half a second, before walking over.

Despite Tala's misgivings about the club, the man seemed to be a little tougher than the gnomish miscellany spread across the room. Tala didn't have enough faith in his abilities as a warrior that he'd he'd venture out into the unknown without an at least moderately reliable ally at his back, or, even better, in front of him.

"Hello! You are looking for a strong warrior, yes? As am I! Might I suggest we band together!"

magusoftheCore
2012-03-18, 01:58 PM
Crigglin

" Ugh, I can't hear myself think with this rising racket. Nothing like home"
The wizard frowns, already homesick and he'd only just begun. Looking around at the patrons, including a never before seen orc, he latches on to something he can relate with.
He stands and walks to the gnome maid playing the bellows-turned-musical.
"Och, lass," He begins in his horrendous attempt to disguise his voice,"What be tha' marv'lous contrapshun ya got thar?"

OOC:
Not even attempting a bluff for the NPCs around me, the accent is obviously abyssmal.

LordDice
2012-03-18, 02:28 PM
Lem

"Sure, grab a chair friend !" he gestures at a chair right quick before turning a moment to the Orc he's been talking with.
"See, at this rate your test will be no problem at all."

He takes another pull from his mug of ale before asking. "Just realized I didn't catch either of your names, I'm Lem good to meet ya both."

Xealot7
2012-03-18, 02:36 PM
Carabelle Dinkeldorf, Gnome Bard

"Well, it is a box-shaped musical instrument of the bellows-driven free-reed aerophone family, sometimes colloquially referred to as a squeezebox. Also known as an accordion." The gnome continues playing as she says so matter of factly.

Karlik
2012-03-18, 02:39 PM
Hedraer, the gnome sorcerer.
The windows begins to light in million colors for a few seconds. In that moment the doors are opened. The old gnome in earth colored cloak and quaterstaff in hand gets into tavern. When he has seen the bard...says gently
Well, well... A long time I haven't seen any young gnome woman who makes that nice performance. Very, very impressive.
He finds a place to observe people in tavern and hopes to find adventurers who are going to explore dungeons and maybe meet nice dragons.

Etcetera
2012-03-18, 02:54 PM
Tala gestured to the pendant round his neck.

"Tala."

He sat down, turning to Komari.

"And what is your name, friend?"

Sallera
2012-03-18, 03:12 PM
"Komari." The orc nods slowly at the new arrival. "You are an adventurer, then? What is it you do?"

Etcetera
2012-03-18, 03:23 PM
"Me? I am, I am a down on his luck warrior out to make his fortune. I heard there was money to made made in these parts for he with a strong sword arm and a stronger sword. And me? I am almost that! So here I am, looking for work and fellow warriors to work with. If I may ask what brought you here, Komari."

Tala's accent leaves his pronunciation of Komari almost comical.

Mistral
2012-03-18, 03:32 PM
Kylie

As the music woven by the pair of bards crescendos to its peak and subsequent denoument, Kylie finishes the melody with a flourish. She returns her gemshorn to the loop on her belt as her meal arrives, then takes her food and walks over the common table where the other bard appears to have taken her seat. "It's not often I run into another bard wandering the roads in these parts, particularly with such an unusual instrument. I'm Kylie. What's your name?"

Lexin
2012-03-18, 04:00 PM
Ien

Eavesdropping wasn't Ien's favorite hobby but still he was quite good at it. Just now he heard that all of these big warriors forming a group at another table are all adventurers. What a chance! Not only there would be adventure but there would be a lot of people to hide behind...
He goes to the warriors table.
Hello misters, I've heard you are forming an adventurers group, is there still space for a healer? I am Ien and I've studied the arts of nature magic, which you could find helpful...

Sallera
2012-03-18, 04:04 PM
"I am told: Seek adventurers, join them. It is a test." Komari seems to find nothing unusual in repeating his earlier explanation verbatim, nor does he comment on Tala's strange pronunciation.

"I hear: Adventuring groups. How many are needed?"

Xealot7
2012-03-18, 06:16 PM
Carabelle Dinkeldorf to Kylie, both Female Gnome Bards

Carabelle smiles at Kylie. Aside from the serving girl, this is the first kind person she has met on the in the tavern. "I'm Carabelle. That was soo much fun!" The gnome is obviously full of glee and cheer now. "Usually when I stay at a tavern I am the only person making music. We should travel together."

Karlik
2012-03-18, 06:31 PM
Hedraer heard important word: "magic".
He went to Ien...
You said something about magic... nature magic or sth... you mean natural magic, spontaneous and your internal power? But your magic... hmmm... is different... can it be used for great show?
Hedraer is contented he said something clever.

LordDice
2012-03-18, 06:45 PM
Smiling as Ien introduces himself he gestures at a chair while replying "Of course there's room Shorty, always room for that fancy magic stuff"

Turning to Komari he shrugs a bit replying"Don't rightly know, never heard of bards singing about this part of adventuring...or maybe I just wasn't paying attention."

Lexin
2012-03-18, 07:13 PM
One of the tall ones... Lem... called him 'Shorty'. Ien doesn't know what to think of it, but the man looks like he means well, and he even smiled. Ien sits at the 'warriors table' and listens to the conversation.

When the gnome asks Ien something about magic, he is very happy to reply:
The magic of nature is not an internal power, not in my case anyway. It's a power given to the defenders of nature, it flows from earth, plants, wild animals and elements. As for shows... I didn't really think about it I guess you could use it like that, although Obad- Hai would approve such use of magic.
Anyway, I'm Ien Sheel, mister. Are you an adventurer too?

Duke of URL
2012-03-18, 07:42 PM
Fip

Fip generally pays no attention to the people around him as he slowly makes his way through a human-sized portion of ale and stew. The gnome bardesses do catch his attention and watches them raptly, before realizing he must look a fool and then tries to hide his flushed cheeks by bending back over his stew.

After a while he gets up and asks about stabling for Mutt and whether he can sleep in the stable. "As I says to Miss Sage, it ain't a matter of coin, I just sleep more better with animals than in people places." After making the arrangements, he takes the rest of his stew and bread out to Mutt, before returning to the pub.

Diplomacy to make arrangements for the stable: [roll0]; if necessary, Fip will offer double (2sp).

Monodominant
2012-03-19, 04:49 AM
The door is opened by a young man with dusty blonde hair and a valets general outfit. Then a second, even younger, man with dusty hair and dusty clothes enters.

The first man clears his throat and yells.

"Mlord Erik Mortimer of House Tauromachian, heir to Baron Lionel Tauromachian!"

There is no thunder or cloud but the loud, on purpose, banging of feet as Erik walks inside the room. Pudgy nose, short black hair and penetrating black eyes in a face full of corners and angles.

He is dressed in a brand new travellers cloak of rich blue color and rests a sharp halberd on his right shoulder. He looks around the tavern and gives a bright and open smile.

"No need to get up gentle folk! I am just like one of you! Out of the cold damp castle for a taste of adventure!" he says and then notices the busty waitress.

"I shall have a meal with strong ale young lass and my attendants would love to try some of your famous simple cider!"

Mistral
2012-03-19, 09:32 AM
Kylie Wintermoor

Kylie cannot help but be nonplussed at the other bard's reaction. She hadn't expected such an outpouring of enthusiasm. "I expect that would depend on where you are headed. We might be able to travel together for a time, but I'm here on business. Have you heard of the old ruins outside town?"

Xealot7
2012-03-19, 11:08 AM
Carabelle Dinkeldorf

The gnome looks at Kylie in surprise. "Blaykeep? That's where I am going."

Mistral
2012-03-19, 11:24 AM
Kylie Wintermoor

"That's one heck of a coincidence." And possibly a useful one, she added mentally. "I'm going there, too. Since we're going in the same direction anyways, we can go together."

Duke of URL
2012-03-19, 12:09 PM
Fip

Fip, coming back from the stables, stumbles as he overhears the two bards discussing the ruins. Summoning up the courage, he manages to ask in a terrified whisper, "how did you know I'm going there?"

OOC: 1 sp, 4 cp deducted for food costs; lodging/stabling not updated yet.

Karlik
2012-03-19, 12:36 PM
Adventurer? I think I might be adventurer. I like to find and see more and more new and exciting things. It doesn't matter if it is in dungeon or no, the most important is that it must have good shape. It is interesting what you say, you mean the power is like gift from somebody? Hmmm... My name is Hedraer by the way.
Hedraer looks carefully on Ian and continue:
You are connected with nature, right? Have you a piece of cured leather? I think it would be beautiful thing if is made in wild.

Mistral
2012-03-19, 04:20 PM
Kylie Wintermoor

"Oh?" Kylie turns to look over the newcomer, smiling. "Actually, we were just discussing going there ourselves. Would you be interested in traveling together? There's safety in numbers, after all."

Duke of URL
2012-03-20, 07:42 AM
Fip

"Y-y-yes, of course," says Fip, clearly startled and surprised at the revelation. Then he starts rambling, rather rapidly, "you like dogs? Mutt always goes with me, see. I love animals, 'specially Mutt. They're just so much more easier for me to understand than people. But I like people too! My name's Fip, what's yours?"

Nich_Critic
2012-03-20, 08:25 AM
OOC

I'm going to make some assumptions, given my diplo roll, and move on.

Twinkles

Twinkles sits at the bar moping about his financial situation, when he catches the word "Blaykeep" from the growing group of gnomes. Filled with treasure... and monsters. Still if a whole group was going... and some of the other gnomes looked really tough...

Twinkles wanders over to the group.
"Blaykeep? What is this I hear about Blaykeep?"

Xealot7
2012-03-20, 09:30 AM
Carabelle Dinkeldorf, Female Gnome Bard

"I know, let's all go together! Let's see there is what, five of us gnomes and Fip. Yes, it will be great fun. We will stand a better chance together than separate." Carabelle looks at Twinkles and hopes he will be kinder than he was earlier.

Nich_Critic
2012-03-20, 10:07 AM
"Yes, I will come! No bards that make such beautiful music could possibly kill me in my sleep!"

Beelzebub1111
2012-03-23, 07:50 PM
Korat Ironbelt Shieldhamme

A horribly burned dwarf enters the bar, armed to the teeth with five throwing hammers on a bandoleer on his chest, two throwing axes in holsters on his waist and a dwarven waraxe strapped to his back with a shield. He saunters up to the bar, looks at the bartender square in the eye and says I. Need. Booze. he slaps four gold pieces on the bar. And I will be opening a tab.

OOC:
4 gold deducted for a bar tab.

--Lime--
2012-03-25, 08:12 AM
Martin walks with no great hurrah into the Axe and Thistle. His shoulders and back are aching, having spent last night in a farmer's barn. Not that the farmer had known he was there. Since leaving his job as a shepherd, and spending every last penny on adventuring gear, Martin had been making his way to Waymouth and having to sleep rough doing it.

He hopes to find work here: Martin has heard from people that he's passed that there might be some outgoing aristocrats or labourers heading into the ruins of Blaykeep, and while he's heard about more specialised adventurers doing the same, it's the nobles that are his preferred companions, if he can convince them to take him.

Eyeing the room for anyone who might be heading out soon, Martin adjusts the quivers of bolts on his hips, and strides confidently into the room.

OOC:
Anyone not in a group, Martin will head over to you and try to strike up a conversation. He'll offer a standard greeting, and ask what you know about Blaykeep. Whoever posts first is obviously the one that catches his eye!

Beelzebub1111
2012-03-25, 12:34 PM
Korat pauses halfway through his third ale to look at the new patron from the corner of his eye. Halflings...wonder what brings him here he thinks to himself Eh, at least he doesn't have the stench of noble about him. He goes back to his drink, finishing it off, and signaling the waitress for another two.

Unspent of booze money:3gp 8sp

--Lime--
2012-03-26, 02:35 AM
Martin sees Korat glance his direction, and heads over. Setting his empty backpack down next to him as he sits, he turns to the dwarf, and decides not to ask about the burns. This is a direct result of glimpsing the hammers and axes adorning the sturdy man. Instead, he opts for the neutral
"How goes?", and follows up with "I'm Martin, new to these parts. Are you here for the rumours of adventure?"

Beelzebub1111
2012-03-26, 04:48 AM
Korat glances at the halfling, dowing his fourth ale and grabbing his fifth I suppose I am, he takes a sip But are you? He was suspicious of this little one. He looked weak. barely able to lift his crossbow. And more importantly...why?

--Lime--
2012-03-26, 10:24 AM
Martin decides that it's best not to divulge his life plans to any passing stranger, and selects a reason which, while true, is not representative of his best-desired end result.

"Like you, from the looks of things," he says, gesturing towards the weaponry bristling upon the dwarf, "I have made a fair investment into this endeavour. Unlike you, perchance, I have spent every last copper to my name on it. I would not have done such a thing if I did not believe I could turn a profit, so to answer you shortly, I am here for the coin. Be it fee or treasure that lines my pockets, I care not; but I came to Waymouth because I heard the Keep was a rich ground - for those who could cut it."

Checking himself before the speech turned into a ramble, Martin pauses, and refocuses.
"Martin Huxlaw," he says, extending a hand to shake, and waits for the dwarf's response.

Beelzebub1111
2012-03-26, 04:46 PM
Korat glares at the outstretched hand. He opts not to let go of his drink to shake it, takes another sip and says Korat Ironbelt Shieldhammer, Son of Velkik Sheildhammer He sets down his drink and looks at the little halfling I'm looking for relics from my home of Koganusān, 'Boatmurdered' in the common tongue. I heard rumors that some might be found in the dungeons. He turns back to his drink and sighs And I use the term 'Relic' loosely. I'd settle for so much as a coin that was minted there. He takes another chug and sets the mug down.

--Lime--
2012-03-28, 04:25 AM
"A noble cause, to be sure," says Martin.

Calling to a barmaid, he asks "Is your water without charge?", and hearing the response that yes, it was indeed free, continues "Then may I have a mug of it, please?"

Beelzebub1111
2012-03-28, 05:02 AM
Korat feels a pang of guilt, And a meal, on my tab. he turns to the halfling, finishing the ale in his hand I will be taking the complementary ale

Down payment remaining: 3gp 7sp

--Lime--
2012-03-28, 01:52 PM
"Many thanks for your kindness," says Martin. Truth is he's been living off the land, pig-scraps, and whatever food was poorly secured by night. His stomach echoes his thanks with a low gurgle.
"And of course, the ale is yours. If I have the money on returning from the Keep, or the opportunity at any point, to repay this kindness, I surely shall."

--Lime--
2012-03-30, 08:14 PM
ooc: the thread still says you had the last post, don't know why that is.

nersxe
2012-03-31, 10:26 AM
Katie Sheen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=383137) slouches into the tavern, taking a seat at the bar and shrugging off her pack, squishing it in-between her stool and the bar in front of her. She kept one foot on it; one never knew when someone would attempt to put their hands someplace they didn't belong.

"Ale, please," she says to the nearest barmaid/barkeep, putting two copper on the bar. She doesn't usually drink anything other than water, but she feels this is a time of celebration. She found her way to the place where she will be setting off toward a place where there will be more magic for her.

Katie brushes her dark brown hair (starting to lighten from the sun) out of her face and waits, barely glancing at the other patrons.

--Lime--
2012-03-31, 01:12 PM
Martin's meal arrives at roughly the same time as the human woman. He slides the ale across to the dwarf beside him, takes a spoonful of the stew, and blows on it to cool. The stew has probably been simmering away all day on the stove, perhaps even for a day or two more than that. Still, it's the best meal Martin's had for days, and to boot, it's free.

The stew is still too hot for him: as he takes a mouthful, he burns his tongue, and reaching for the water gulps it down before it can do any more damage. While he waits for the bowl to become a more edible temperature, he turns to the woman beside him, and, noting her quaterstaff, dagger, and padded armour, opens with
"Let me guess. You're here for the treasures of the Keep too?"
She doesn't seem talkative so Martin isn't expecting a response, but he's really just filling time while the stew cools down.

nersxe
2012-03-31, 01:23 PM
"Yes," Katie says simply, "need magic."

She's honestly amazed that he's talking to her. There are humans that won't talk to her because of how big and awkward-looking she is, and she's literally twice his size, and more than twice his weight.

His armor isn't much thicker than hers, there's no way he could get out his crossbow and fire before she managed to run, and he's so small it's hard to think of him as a threat, so Katie relaxes. He's not like most humans, and especially elves, who look at her and make fun of her for being so big, or hear her talk and make fun of her for being so dumb. At least, she hopes he's not.

"Daddy say Keep have much magic," She elaborates calmly, smiling when the barmaid gives her the ale.

--Lime--
2012-03-31, 02:02 PM
Martin chuckles to himself. Networking, family heirlooms, in search of magic... he thinks, Seems like nobody going for good old gold!

By now Martin's stew is cool enough to eat, and between mouthfuls, he chats.
"Does he now... so your father's familiar with old ruins like this one in Waymouth?"

He'd hoped to meet a noble in person, but if her father knew a thing or two about treasure-troving, perhaps he'd made enough to retire on. It didn't cost anything to ask, at any rate.

Beelzebub1111
2012-03-31, 02:02 PM
Just as the halfling accepts the meal, Korat sees the human woman enter the inn. Some adventuring party this is turning out to be he mumbles to himself after he hears her. A weakling, a burned drunken freak, and an imbecile. I like our chances. He takes a chug. All we need now is a blind man and a guy missing his arms and we'll be able to clear out this dungeon no problem

nersxe
2012-03-31, 02:14 PM
Katie takes a deep drink of her ale while he talks, rolling it around in her mouth before letting it slide down her throat. "Daddy and Daddy's friends killed dragons and saved kings." She says sagely, smiling. The stories Soltheiss used to tell when they were in front of the fire, Katie writing down the difference between glyphs of warding and explosive runes so she wouldn't forget, are some of her favorite memories of growing up in the tower.

Her ale is watered down and cheap, but she doesn't mind. It still has more flavor to it than spring water, which is what sits in her skin, and her rations of dried jerky and half-stale bread. She ate better with Soltheiss, but she won't let a few tasteless meals stand between her and magic.

"But..." Katie frowns, realizing she didn't really answer his question. "Daddy never say they go in ruins. He like sky too much to go under the dirt."

Moranica
2012-04-01, 02:55 PM
A loud knock on the door sounds the arrival of what can only be discribed as a farmer. His straw head, walking stick and sling on his belt show Chuck to be a man of simple tastes and without anymore flair he approaches the bar.

"Good day, dear man. ... if you are indeed a man. I once heard a story you know. Of a dragon who turned himself into a man. Couldn't fit a dragon into a man's body if you ask me, but he did. ... so, dear man possibly dragonman. Do you perhaps have any free drinks to part with?"

--Lime--
2012-04-01, 02:56 PM
Killed dragons? Saved kings? Did I hear that right? This woman must be swimming in gold! Martin makes a mental note to take every opportunity to make friends with this woman - perhaps, after the adventure's over, she'll introduce him to her father, and who knows, perhaps he might be looking for another household magician?

Turning to Katie, he settles on "Sounds like quite a bloke..." and ranks this seemingly slow human above the dwarf in terms of potential employment. After all, the dwarf might be from a noble family, but it sounded like all that wealth was gone. Much better, Martin decides, to chase the current coin over reputation.

And to the farmer, who walks in soon after, hinting at tales in return for booze, the phrase pulls double time. To the farmer, he says:
"Sounds like quite a bloke... but I myself am skint except for the charity of strangers."
He takes another mouthful, and on swallowing, says:
"Tell me, fellow, do you have a name to go with your tall tales?"

nersxe
2012-04-01, 03:26 PM
"Daddy great man," Katie agrees serenely, and watches the halfling turn to what appears to be a farmer. She is content to leave the conversation at that and drink her ale, until the man mentions dragons.

Always eager to share her knowledge with someone who wants to know, Katie opens her mouth to tell him exactly which dragons can turn into humans...

...and then doesn't remember. There's a jumble in her mind, something about silver and gold dragons, but it might have been just a story she heard, or it might have been a real thing she read in one of Daddy's books. Right now she just can't remember which, and closes her mouth, turning back to her ale and listening to their conversation without commenting.

Moranica
2012-04-03, 09:39 AM
"Sure do, Chuck is the name! You might not have heard of me, but it was me who threw the bullet that finally killed Xantrax. Never did get proper credit for that."

Chuck seems lost in thought for a moment, as memories flash before his eyes.

--Lime--
2012-04-03, 05:47 PM
Martin turns to talk to Chuck.
"So," he says, "Do you work the fields around here?"

With the way things were going, it wouldn't surprise Martin to find out that this agricultural type was actually an adventurer. Still, someone had to be tending the crops round here, and that was surely more common employment than seeking treasure.