PDA

View Full Version : Who needs Yakuza? Shenmue HD coming soon!

Inhuman Bot
2012-03-16, 03:43 PM
Aww yeah. (http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/news-xbox/shenmue-xbla-hd-real-finished.html)

Shenmu is a Sega classic about meeting sailors, stalking old women, operating forklifts, collecting toys, and being the biggest nerd of the martial art persuasion to ever live. Something-something about Sega considering the viability of a third game, a failed social game that never left Asia, and now HD re-releases of the first two games for PSN and XBLA.

A little more specifically, back in 2000, Sega released the most expensive and ambitious videogame of all time, Shenmue. It was, and will always be, the best soft drink drinking simulation software ever created. Other games have tried, even Segas own Yakuza, but nothing has ever been able to work the same magic Shenmue had 10 years ago. The goal of the game is to satiate your character, Ryo Hazuki, in his insane lust for Jet Cola... No that's not quite right.

Shenmue is, aside from the game that pretty much helped bankrupt Sega back in the Dreamcast era, Aamix of real-time "RPG" with Virtua Fighting QTEs.

edit: Submit is not preview

deuxhero
2012-03-17, 09:39 AM
And Skies of Arcadia.

Count me intrested!

Hopefully after this they can do VC2/3...

Fri
2012-03-18, 08:08 AM
This is the first time I want an X-Box or PS3, really.

Inhuman Bot
2012-03-19, 12:57 AM
I don't have a link offhand, but Sega has mentioned if Shenmue HD does well enough, Shenmue 3 may become a real thing.

We are now in bizzaro world and I don't want to go back.