PDA

View Full Version : Help me optimize my party

krarr
2012-03-16, 08:42 PM
Hello!

I am playing a campaign on weekends, we started on lv1 in Faerun and we are lv4 now:

- An Warforged Artificer, came to Faerun using some tech portals, very cool story. He usually doesn't have time to buff up. He is using a +1 xbow and "cast" Bane if he has time. Intends to go wand blasting.

- An Orc Paragon/Barbarian, using a big axe and dealing obscene amounts of damage with his str 24. If he crits, it is likely that he 1 shots the monster.

- An Half-Orc barbarian. The player is new to the game, so he just picked something to hit stuff.

- Me, an ghostwise halfling druid. I have Augment Summoning so i am rocking the summons and i saved the group some times with it (specially with a grappler summon, and the barbarian can coup-de-grace for easy kill). I am enjoying roleplaying with my dog, he saved me many times :P

The thing is, although i am having a good time playing a druid for the first time, i am kinda of getting bored playing a non-spontaneous caster. And when i get wildshape, i will underperform comparing to the barbarians (and i dont want to outshine them anyway).

Campaign wise, we are in a port city and we travel to islands and do "quests" there. We are currently in a pirate island with a port, many caves and a fort we will need to sneak in and steal a treasure.

I don't like to prepare spells, so druid, wizards and clerics are out of questions. I also don't want to be a dedicated healer. I played sorcerers extensively as well, just love the concept.

all books allowed but ToB
As houserules, we barely use Bluff and Diplomacy (except to sell loot), we usually roleplay our way through a social situation.

I would appreciate any help on optimizing a 4th player for this group. Thanks.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-03-16, 08:54 PM
A grappled opponent, even if they're pinned, is not considered helpless and cannot be coup-de-graced.

krarr
2012-03-16, 09:09 PM
Yes, i forgot to mention that it's a house rule. You pin down then you can render the opponent helpless

Soulean
2012-03-16, 09:12 PM
words of creation bard.

spontaneous caster with extremely limited healing abilities for stabilization that can buff the melee characters to some rather insane levels.

Also the best 3 additions to that party would be druid, wizard or cleric.