PDA

View Full Version : 3.P What kind of character I should make and how should I roleplay it.

Akisa
2012-03-16, 09:23 PM
I'm going to join a game that is in progress that is currently level 2, and I managed to sit and watch during the last hour of the game. The last fight ended with a near tpk and the dm rolling out in the open was on fire oO, while the party was struggling get above a 10. After the game was over the DM had me roll 3d6 drop the lowest and then add 6, 7 times with the 7th replacing any 1 roll I wish. The rolls I got was:

Str 8
Dex 17
Con 16
Int 18
Wis 15
Cha 18
Floating 13

I was thinking making Kitsune Ninja or maybe a human Wizard.

The current group seems to be

Tiefling Paladin (The Cleric's Husband irl. Though his character calls herself a Samurai like Hinjo, Miko and other Sapphire Guard Paladins. )
Elven Druid (Died to an Orc bowmen with a critical)
Human Wizard/Sorcerer (Died to the same Orc bowmen with another critical. I don't her specific class but she said she'll probably play an archer next session).
Human Cleric (The paladin's Wife irl, and they play they're from same church of Myrii, named after Lodoss God of War. Keep in mind it's not the Lodoss world).
Elven TWF ranger. (My cousin/younger sister of the dm who died).

The world is set in a small city that has been steadying growing from a small town only 5 years ago as Mithral and Adamantine near the city and a canal was recently constructed to connect another city to the ocean. A noble has contacted the group after his previous hired adventures failed in rescuing his son which the Orcs have ransom to him, and he believes the son is dead.

Particle_Man
2012-03-16, 10:10 PM
With those stats you could make a great ninja or wizard. Actually you would be great at a lot of things. The world is your oyster. Heck you could go wizard/sorcerer/that prestige class the mixes both without too much trouble - your int and cha are killer!

If your DM allows, you could go gray elf wizard to be that much smarter. :)

Oh wait, does 3.P mean you can use 3rd party stuff from 3.5 or is it just Pathfinder stuff?

You know, this is a little off track, but you could try a Witch build and rock the Charm hex - with that charisma and the right trait (there must be one that makes diplomacy a class skill) you could definitely win friends and influence people! Usually that is hard to pull off for witches, but if anyone can do it, you can.

Akisa
2012-03-17, 01:41 AM
3.P is from what I understand Pathfinder with 3.5 stuff.

Also how is Bard archetype Devrish Dancer?

Coidzor
2012-03-17, 02:56 AM
Yeah... criticals are nasty like that.

Do you know what the other people who are making new characters will have them be? It looks like arcane caster and support are wide open as well as sneaky character.

Could run a Beguiler and hit a bit of all three of those, I suppose. Could do a Bard and get everything but trapfinding in there, though possibly you'd be competing with both the cleric and paladin for the face role if you went that way, though you don't have to. And bards make for great MVP, though how good they are depends upon how you do the 3.P nature of the game.