PDA

View Full Version : Aura of Terror with multiple auras

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-17, 01:27 AM
Quick question, what happens when you use Aura of Terror (SpC 18) and have multiple fear auras? Such as a dry lich's racial fear aura and a dread necromancer's class feature fear aura.

Thurbane
2012-03-17, 01:40 AM
I believe if each ability has a distinctly different name, then your enemies will need to save vs. each one. Whether the effects of failing against more than one stack with each other depends on the explicit wording of the abilities.

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-17, 01:52 AM
I believe if each ability has a distinctly different name, then your enemies will need to save vs. each one. Whether the effects of failing against more than one stack with each other depends on the explicit wording of the abilities.

No I understand that the auras themselves stack. The spell Aura of Terror has a different effect if you have a fear aura. It increases the range, the effect and the DC of the fear aura. Would Aura of Terror augment both fear auras or just one per casting?

tyckspoon
2012-03-17, 02:21 AM
I see no reason why it wouldn't affect all relevant abilities you have. You should note that the wording of the increased effects is kind of weirdly specific, tho- the DC increase only applies to Frightful Presence, and the increased effect (causing a more intense Fear state) only applies to a fear aura. Compare to the wording of the first bonus effect, which simply says 'the ability.'