PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Build Help - Guardian of Sacred Order

Strormer
2012-03-17, 01:57 AM
Right, so I'm working on a set of guardians that receive unique training and one of each generation is chosen to protect the mighty mcguffin. I won't bother with the story details as they're not all that important. The order is devoted to the creation goddess.

What I am wondering is a good build for the order. Each should receive the same training with only minor variations to show individual aptitude. Right now they are all female and mostly human, though any race can be one. To show the unique and strong training they receive I made them gestalt Paladin/Monks. The chosen one of each generation gains spellfire as per Magic of Faerun. I'm just not sure what would be a good baseline build for gestalt Paladin/Monks. Any suggestions? Concerns? Hate for the idea? Please and thank you.

Rhaegar14
2012-03-17, 02:19 AM
Paladin/Monk, in general, is a terrible, terrible idea. You're setting them up to be AAD -- All Abilities Dependent;

Str for melee.
Con & Dex (since they can't wear armor) to survive melee
Wis for Monk features
Cha for Paladin features
And lastly, Int for skills.

I don't know what exactly you envision as their capabilities, but I can almost guarantee you there is a better way to go about it than Paladin//Monk.

Curious
2012-03-17, 04:28 AM
Uh, yeah, go Paladin//Ninja instead. More powerful, more flexible, fits the flavor fairly well, and removes the need for Dex, Wis, and Int. Using the Scout archetype might help as well, letting them get their sneak attacks off more consistently.

Darth_Versity
2012-03-17, 05:34 AM
Wouldn't Crusader be a better fit than Paladin for a guardian type?

Strormer
2012-03-17, 10:54 AM
Well, I'm trying to stick with PF classes, that way I don't need to do overmuch conversion.

RndmNumGen
2012-03-17, 01:18 PM
Cavalier (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier) with Order of the Seal (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/orders/paizo---cavalier-orders/order-of-the-seal) might be fitting.

Strormer
2012-03-17, 02:19 PM
That really might work. I was working with the cavalier possibly replacing the paladin anyway so I'll look into it.