PDA

View Full Version : Possible double posts - can't see my post

Avilan the Grey
2012-03-17, 03:58 AM
Hello... just a heads up... I have tried to post the same thing in this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12910870#post12910870 three or four times and got the error message, but now it said I have posted in it (I am mentioned as last poser). However I cannot see my message when I look in the thread.

In short: If I have made a ton of double posts that other people can see and I can't, it's not on purpose....!

candycorn
2012-03-17, 04:01 AM
Try selecting "Reply", and scrolling down. You may have better luck seeing it in the list on the reply page. As far as I'm aware, if you can't see your post, others have the same issue.

Avilan the Grey
2012-03-17, 04:07 AM
After quitting the browser, reloading it, and then make a fresh reply, all old replies magically appeared as well. So never mind then, I am now slowly deleting my double posts.

bluewind95
2012-03-17, 01:34 PM
Generally, what I do when I get error messages when posting is hit the back button (to get the message again), then load the board I was trying to post in in a new tab. I check the thread to see if my reply appeared. If it did, I close the other tab. If it didn't, I wait a little moment again and hit the submit button again. I find this highly effective to avoid double posting.

Avilan the Grey
2012-03-17, 05:57 PM
Generally, what I do when I get error messages when posting is hit the back button (to get the message again), then load the board I was trying to post in in a new tab. I check the thread to see if my reply appeared. If it did, I close the other tab. If it didn't, I wait a little moment again and hit the submit button again. I find this highly effective to avoid double posting.

Thanks for the tip. :smallsmile:

Edit: And I had to use it on this post...