PDA

View Full Version : Writers' Block: Paladins, Dragons, and Items of Legacy

zoobob9
2012-03-17, 10:59 AM
I'm having some major writers' block. My DM told each of us to design an item of legacy for ourselves, and I'm finding that making a back story for this item is more difficult than I thought.

For those who want the least amount of reading: I'm looking for an item, used by a Paladin/Dragonfire Adept build during a war against necromancy as a whole, that would be useful to a Sorcerer/Elemenat Savant that I'm playing as now.

For those who want more detail:
A few centuries ago, there was a great war in this realm, in which forces from every plane of existence teamed up to thwart the evils that necromancy brought. One person in that war, Virsel Torus, eventually founded the Seltor Clan. He had an item that was imbued with great power, so he hid it away to the best of his ability and got turned into an Elan. He forgot where it was hidden afterwards, and is now like 300 or 400 years old still looking for it. Now hes a Psion.

He doesn't find it. Dolarun Seltor, the heir of the Seltor Clan, will. He's a Sorcerer, so the Item needs to be useful for him, but made so a DA/Paladin would be able to utilize it to its full potential.

The things I'm having trouble with:

Building Virsel Torus
Creating Virsel's Backstory
Creating the Item

Virsel is Dragon Admirer first, Anti-Undead second, and Founder of the Seltors third. I've never built a Paladin, a Dragonfire Adept, or an Item of Legacy, so I'm kinda down the river without a paddle.