PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 > Smokestick with Sleep Powder or Smoke?

BowserX
2012-03-17, 03:16 PM
So I had an interesting idea and was wondering how practical it would be to make it, and how you would go about that.

A piece of basic equipment found in the PHB 1 is the smoke stick. A small, single-use stick that kicks out smoke in a 10ft cube.

Is there anyway to combine this with a powder or alchemical substance to create a smoke that causes targets to fall asleep?

The idea is to have a few of these to throw into smaller rooms and jam the doors with pitons to cause anyone in the room to get knocked out - except elves and those that make the Fort save.

It's practical if you need to knock someone out and haven't got a sleep spell prepared or know any.

I have little experience with alchemical rules and crafting. So if possible, cite examples and sources.

Some notes:
One, I am a druid with Level 4 Spells. I don't believe I get access to very many sleep spells.
Two, if the party's melee members use non-lethal to knock out a target, they kill them in one hit.
Three, would it be considered a poison and what would be the save against it?
Four, my character is neutral good and feels ashamed for the number of lives he has taken. Would rather knock people out than flat out murder them.

Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

Darrin
2012-03-17, 10:33 PM
Is there anyway to combine this with a powder or alchemical substance to create a smoke that causes targets to fall asleep?

Sleep-Smoke from Waterdeep: City of Splendors. Inhaled poison, DC 15, first round it's a 10' diameter globe of gas, second round it has a 20' diameter, and then dissipates harmlessly after that. Initial damage is unconscious for 1 minute, secondary is unconscious for 1d3 minutes.

BowserX
2012-03-19, 06:33 PM
Cool. Got a hold of the book.

Thanks Darrin.