PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help put my mind at peace and work out a character concept!

Rossebay
2012-03-17, 04:02 PM
So, I'm in the middle of working on Biology and Calculus homework... So, literally the worst time for a new idea to strike, but I just got this image in my head of a cloth-mask-wearing, skirmishing sort of character.

My first thought was, "Oh! I'll combine Factotum and Scout!"
Well, that doesn't sound possible, but it fits the concept perfectly.

Then I thought, "Wizard or Beguiler, Scout, and Unseen Seer!" But, c'mon. That's really not that fitting of the concept and it isn't too powerful in melee.

And now I'm stuck.

Andion Isurand
2012-03-17, 04:11 PM
How about an archivist/factotum using divine power with gnomish quickrazors and iaijutsu focus?

rot42
2012-03-17, 04:14 PM
Archivist into Swiftblade, dredge around the Paladin spell list and Bite of the Were X.

Swordsage.

Rossebay
2012-03-17, 04:27 PM
How about an archivist/factotum using divine power with gnomish quickrazors and iaijutsu focus?

A big part of this character is kiting. You know, Spring Attack type fighting. Scout fits very well with this, and I enjoy the free-running concept.

Archivist just doesn't feel right. I know that's a weak excuse, but I'm not really feeling Archivist in my build.

Flickerdart
2012-03-17, 04:33 PM
Scout 4/Ranger 1/arcane casting class 1/Unseen Seer 10/Ranger 4. You have better Skirmish dice than a normal Scout and divination spells (with tasty Hunter's Eye). Use your favourite method of getting extra movement to ride around town (I like Soldier of Light dips for their TU, but Training Dummy of the Master, hitting a DC40 Tumble check or a bunch of other stuff also works).

Hirax
2012-03-17, 04:33 PM
Be a winged dragonborn to grab flyby attack instead of spring attack. Before level 6 you can use jump checks to get airborne then glide for your attacks.

Rossebay
2012-03-17, 04:36 PM
Scout 4/Ranger 1/arcane casting class 1/Unseen Seer 10/Ranger 4. You have better Skirmish dice than a normal Scout and divination spells (with tasty Hunter's Eye). Use your favourite method of getting extra movement to ride around town (I like Soldier of Light dips for their TU, but Training Dummy of the Master, hitting a DC40 Tumble check or a bunch of other stuff also works).

I like this...

Any suggestions on Scout optimization without a spellcasting class? I'd like to have an option for each, just in case.

And not just Swift Hunter, that's always felt a little bland.

Particle_Man
2012-03-17, 07:02 PM
Well PHB II has the two feats to add extra (iterative, I think) attacks to your spring attack, if that helps.

limejuicepowder
2012-03-17, 09:44 PM
scout and master thrower make a pretty awesome combo - doubletoss in particular is good with skirmish. At low levels anyways....not quite sure how to finish this build, actually. I was originally making a character scout 4/ranger 2/master thrower 1, w/ imp skirmish and swift hunter. but that's only 7 levels. Unfortunately, skirmish damage starts to not matter pretty quickly. Maybe assassin? Sneak attack, and a nice spell list.