PDA

View Full Version : DMC inspired bloodline for Naruto d20

FallenGuardian
2012-03-17, 08:15 PM
I realize this will probably be rather obscure but here goes anyways:

Devilborn. The damned offspring of a human and a demon. The offspring of such a union are always far more powerful than their human heritage and, if given time to accumulate power, can rival the power of the demonic lords who rule over Hell. Fortunately for humanity there are just as many decent Devilborn as there are twisted and evil Devilborn, just like any other child born and raised by human parents.

Requirements:
To qualify to gain levels in the Devilborn bloodline one must meet all of the following criteria.
Ability Scores: Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution 16
Skills: Jump, Tumble, or Balance 4 ranks
Feats: Advanced Bloodline (Devilborn)
Character Level | Major
1 | Dark Legacy
2 | Audacity 1/day
3 | Embrace the Darkness 1/day
4 |
5 |
6 | Strength of Demons +2
7 | Audacity 2/day
8 | Swiftness (10ft)
9 | Embrace the Darkness 2/day
10 | Power of my Father 1
11 |
12 | Audacity 3/day
13 |
14 | Strength of Demons +4
15 |
16 | Embrace the Darkness 3/day
17 | Audacity 4/day
18 | Swiftness (20ft)
19 |
20 | Power of my Father 2

Dark Legacy: Born the unholy offspring of demon and human you do not quite fit in either world. In the human world demonic chakra is clearly present to those who can sense/see through chakra. Because of this demonic chakra within you, you gain a +4 bonus to intimidate checks to those who are actively sensing or viewing your chakra.

Audacity: Your mixed heritage is powerful. Not only do you know this, but you exploit it to your fullest advantage. Often the only reason you have been able to survive is because of the bold actions you take, and the audacious words you use to taunt your opponents into an out of control frenzy.

When you spend an action point to supplement a d20 roll you may choose to either roll an additional die or increase the size of the die you roll for your action point by one. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to the number given on the table above.

Embrace the Darkness: By embracing your dark heritage you can gain even greater power than most humans could even dream about. When you use this ability, when you spend an action point to gain chakra you may opt to double the chakra gained from the result of that roll. Half that chakra gained is demonic chakra and the rest is normal. This ability can only be used a number of times per day equal to the number on the table given above.

Swiftness: The Devilborn gains the indicated bonus as a bonus to his base land speed.

Strength of Demons: Though they may be the children of mortals Devilborn are able to tap into their demonic heritage to greatly increase their physical performance. So long as a Devilborn has at least a single point of demonic chakra available he or she gains the number indicated on the table above as a bonus to any Strength or Dexterity checks, including attack, damage, and initiative rolls.

Power of my Father: So long as the Devil born has access to a single point of demonic chakra their strength and speed ranks both increase by the number indicated in the table above.

FallenGuardian
2012-03-18, 08:38 PM
seriously 68 views and no replies... :C

FallenGuardian
2012-03-19, 04:29 PM
ok folks i can take a hint ill get lost... :C

Welknair
2012-03-19, 08:54 PM
I apologize for the silence of my peers, I'm sure they didn't mean to discourage you.

What you have is a good start, but you seem to have a few mistakes. Namely the way Bloodlines work:

1. There are no "Dead Levels" like you have at 4th, 5th, 11th, 15th, and 19th.
2. Bloodlines have no prereqs.
3. Bloodlines have a set pattern in which benefits come: +2 to one skill, Special, +1 to a single ability score, Special, +2 Affinity bonus to relevant social checks, Special. Repeat as needed. Each time the Skill and Ability changes.

What's really important here is the power level. Is this worth losing three levels for? Are the powers that strong?

Oh. Ohhhhh. "For Naruto D20". *Facepalm*. That'd be the problem - These are 3.5 boards primarily, with a splattering of Exalted, 4e, and a couple others. Naruto D20 happens to actually be a system I'm familiar with, but most here are not. It's also been a long time since I've read any of it. I'd highly suggest reposting this in the Naruto D20 forums - they're far more likely to understand you.

But if you're interested, it is perefectly possible to make Bloodlines for D&D 3.5e, in the way I was talking about prior to recognizing my folly. Check out my sig for more info.

FallenGuardian
2012-03-20, 07:35 PM
holy crap some one responded... And im sorry for sounding rather harsh from before... the reason i came over here was because none of the people from the nd20 forums where responding to my posts for some time and just today they are all responding like "he we told you what to do a week ago and we decided to never check up on your updates..." so yah i just wanted to know how balanced this was for nd20 system. also I am familiar with your bloodlines welknair... think you could cook up a standard 3.5e dmc themed bloodline? I feel as though my goose is already being cooked as it is.. (i have about 15 more feats i am tweeking and i have at least 30 techniques to hammer out... and my play group wants me to develop a full on demonic template for nd20)

Welknair
2012-03-20, 08:13 PM
holy crap some one responded... And im sorry for sounding rather harsh from before... the reason i came over here was because none of the people from the nd20 forums where responding to my posts for some time and just today they are all responding like "he we told you what to do a week ago and we decided to never check up on your updates..." so yah i just wanted to know how balanced this was for nd20 system. also I am familiar with your bloodlines welknair... think you could cook up a standard 3.5e dmc themed bloodline? I feel as though my goose is already being cooked as it is.. (i have about 15 more feats i am tweeking and i have at least 30 techniques to hammer out... and my play group wants me to develop a full on demonic template for nd20)

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you! Sadly I am similarly occupied, working on RL stuff, the game I'm creating, the game I'm running, Mass Combat, a rework of Magitech, and now a community world-buid project. I'm sorry to say that I don't have enough time to take on another project at the moment. I wish you the best of luck!

FallenGuardian
2012-03-20, 08:50 PM
well thanks anyways. i appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to drop by. Sometime when you aren't so busy working on things i would be honored to have your presence over one of my projects but for now i will leave you be. Once again thanks for saying "Hi" at least... this is the most "constructive" communication i have gotten in around 4 days :C. Best of luck to you on your projects. C: 0

Welknair
2012-03-20, 09:12 PM
well thanks anyways. i appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to drop by. Sometime when you aren't so busy working on things i would be honored to have your presence over one of my projects but for now i will leave you be. Once again thanks for saying "Hi" at least... this is the most "constructive" communication i have gotten in around 4 days :C. Best of luck to you on your projects. C: 0

The least I could do. I wish I could offer more aid at the moment and I hope that others start being a bit more constructive towards your projects. And I'll think about checking out your stuff when I have some more time :smallwink:

Trodon
2012-03-21, 11:07 PM
I'll have to read this when I have a moment, but I'll get back to you. (Yep, I'm Armand Petra on Dndonlinegames, hence the same picture. So HI! :smallbiggrin: )