PDA

View Full Version : Will Nale use Tarquin's items?

Emulgator
2012-03-18, 06:52 AM
Tarquin would gladly aid Elan with his resources. However the flying carpet allows him to track them, so it's very possible that the magic items he wanted to share have some advantage for him. Now, if Nale is teaming up with him, will he get/take some of his magic items? Consider that:
- Nale possibly knows how Tarquin thinks, given that Tarquin was an is trying to teach him his ways.
- It's drammaticaly appropriate for the antagonists to be better armed than protagonists.
- Nale wasn't ready for fight with OOTS - he might need some of Tarquin's items.
- Nale could know which item is 100% safe, or at least think so.
Discuss.

Hironomus
2012-03-18, 07:35 AM
I get the feeling that Tarquin would be less free with his resources with Nale as opposed to Elan.
He is teaming up with him sure, but his attitude to Nale still seems one step closer to hostile than his attitude to Elan.

Bastian Weaver
2012-03-18, 07:45 AM
Now, son, if you say "Dun dun DUNN" I'll let you wear this Ring of Renegeration!

Winter
2012-03-18, 08:42 AM
Tarquin has nothing but contempt for Nale. I doubt he helps him more than necessary (and even might have already planned to dispose of him as soon as Nale has told him what he wants to know).

NerfTW
2012-03-18, 11:42 AM
It would be very likely, as we've already seen Nale using magic items to cover up any weaknesses in his team already, when he attacked.

And Tarquin isn't an idiot. He's not going to shoot himself in the foot to spite Nale when a world conquering gate is at stake.

Hardcore
2012-03-18, 01:44 PM
No.

It would be tactically wrong to arm a known foe, rival for power.
Nale cannot be trusted.

DrBurr
2012-03-18, 01:58 PM
I would imagine Tarquin would equip Nale, Sabine and Z with items he knows how to beat encase Nale turns coat during the fight for the gate. But the real question is whether Nale would accept, tactically it'd be logical for Nale to take the spare ring of regeneration but we know Nale doesn't like his father and probably doesn't want to accept more help from him then he has to.

Augmental
2012-03-18, 03:55 PM
No.

It would be tactically wrong to arm a known foe, rival for power.
Nale cannot be trusted.

At the moment, The Linear Guild and Tarquin have teamed up to find and capture Girard's Gate. Equipping Nale and his team with at least some magic items would improve Tarquin's chances of doing just that. And it's not like some magic items would noticeably improve the LG's chances of defeating Tarquin's team, considering the level gap - and Team Tarquin would obviously have better magic items.

Mr. Pants
2012-03-18, 09:28 PM
What kind of items could Tarquin have, anyway? :smallconfused:

Emulgator
2012-03-19, 06:37 AM
Having the three big empires resources? Possibly Epic kind, but I doubt he'll give Nale's group some of these. +4/+5 i could see however. Question remains: would Nale ask for them, would Tarquin give them, would Nale agree?

Jay R
2012-03-19, 09:21 AM
Question remains: would Nale ask for them, would Tarquin give them, would Nale agree?

In the words of one of the great 20th-century philosophers, "Only when it's funny."