View Full Version : Anima: Jewel of the Desert(IC)

Shade Kerrin
2012-03-18, 07:50 PM
The journey to Ziolis is never a pleasant one. Though the road is regularly patrolled by guards, and waterstops are placed and maintained with enough regularity to make dehydration almost impossible, nothing the desert kingdom(but does a city-state count as a kingdom? I'll need to check later) does can reduce the sheer heat that travellers must face. Nonetheless, the road is at all times busy with the coming and going of merchants, the city's commercial success in constant defiance of its remote location.
The farms on the outskirts are a sight often noted by first-time visitors, marking a clear unbroken line between fertility and aridity. If any plot was currently out of use, one would be able to clearly see soil in place of sand.
Within the great walls of Ziolis, which ward off the full force of the sun until the midday hour, the air is refreshingly cool. It is here you find yourselves, each for his own reasons, among the crowd that is slowly forming around the markets as opening hour approaches. With the harvest season fast approaching, the mood can be described as tense anticipation.

The_Shaman
2012-03-21, 06:04 PM
A mountain of a man, made even more hill-like by the light brown cloak he's using to shield himself from the sun, is standing near a sign, chatting with a few other people. Underneath it the outline of a breastplate shows, as well as what may be a helmet. He leisurely holds a large polearm with one arm across it as he does, although he does not seem to be looking to using it - not just yet, at any rate.

"Look, Dalindu, I just arrived here and I'm already looking for a way to get out of that dump. Yes, we could probably get a few more silvers if we waited, but so what? We can get that, and more, if we're actually going somewhere that matters. Besides, here's no place for heavy infantry, except on palace duty - and I'm not doing that even if I have to guard the harem. Now, unless we can get something actually interesting, why not quit this place and take the first caravan to somewhere nicer? They don't even have good beer here."

littlebottom
2012-03-21, 06:57 PM
Julia walks along the markets enjoying the crowds. Julia likes people, or more accurately Julia likes strangers. Strangers are easier to fool, more fun to play with.

As Julia walks down the street, she smiles and nods to those she passes, in a remote location like this, and the time she has been missing, no one is ever likely to recognise her or even have heard about her going missing all that time ago.

Currently she is wearing a low cut shirt under a rather fetching black lace waistcoat, her legs covered by a just-above-the-knee length black skirt is just slightly frilly, her shoes have small heels and her toes poke out at the end. Her stawberry blond hair has been left at its full length and straight, proberbly not wise with all the sand around, her eyes shine blue in the sun.

@all:
Upon seeing Julia, roll an MR check, if you get 120 or higher, read spoiler.
If you get above 120, you see what she is wearing for a second, before you realise that infact, she isnt wearing that at all, she is infact wearing a rather short green skirt and a tight green, low cut top, with straps over the shoulder that ends just above her navel, clearly more for support than to hide anything. on top of this she wears no shoes.

Her clothes are being crated from the alter appearance spell, mr 120, daily maintainence.

"Why, aren't you a little hot in that?" She says to Bernar upon noticing what looks like armour under the cloak. Julia then continues to pat him gently near the shoulder to check for the feeling of metal, just to confirm her thoughts before continuing with a mistaken conversation opener. "Surly the metal gets hot, it must be like an oven in there!" She smiles as she chuckles gently to herself, awaiting a response.

The_Shaman
2012-03-22, 05:34 AM
Bernar looks to his side with some surprise, curious why would a woman would start casually speaking to - and poking - a large, visibly armed man that she doesn't know. Had it been late evening, he might have hazarded a guess as to her professional occupation, but at that time of the day it would be quite unlikely - and with her fairly good-quality clothes, she doesn't seem particularly desperate. Probably just the curious, slightly crazy type. "You learn to deal with it, miss. And what's a pretty thing like you doing so early in the morning, not to mention dressed in black? It doesn't help keeping one cool, either.

littlebottom
2012-03-22, 09:28 AM
"It, errr, lets the heat out easier in the shade." Julia thinking quickly checking twice if her excuse made sense "Yeah, so long as i mostly stay in the shade i stay cooler." Julia was slightly thrown off as she hadn't thought about that when she decided what to "wear" today since it would make little actual difference to her.

regaining her stride, she continues "But thank you for your compliment, I'm just out waiting to look at the markets, or find something interesting to do. Would you and your friend like a drink while we wait for the markets to open? I'm parched, and would enjoy the company."

wizuriel
2012-03-22, 09:56 AM
Ysabella stands alone against the wall waiting for the market to open (which might be kind of odd given how busy the place is and how attractive she looks). She is wearing a plain looking coat over her blue dress. She has her hood down letting her hair spill out over the back of the jacket. Despite the heat and wearing multiple layers of clothing it seems rather remarkable that she isn't drowning in sweat (in fact she doesn't seem to sweating at all). In fact despite the sun being out and no cover near her, she seems to be standing in the shade and defying the illumination of the sun.

Thinking back to her previous contract that brought her to this sand infested hellhole Ysabell let out a sigh of relief that it was finally accomplished. Now maybe she could relax a little and enjoy some R&R before heading out. Running her hands through her hair she sighs feeling all the sand in it, first thing she needs to do when the market opens is try to find a decent shampoo.

The_Shaman
2012-03-22, 03:24 PM
Okay, definitely curious territory, Bernar thinks. Most women - and, for that matter, men - would be a bit intimidated striking a conversation like that with soldiers or mercenaries. Then again, why not? If she were a thief, well, they are probably a match for most cutpurses, and something about her seems to imply that her "interesting" things could be quite unusual. Right now he'd much rather do something unusual than nothing at all, and having a drink beats marinating in his own sweat while waiting. Besides, he could afford to wait a bit - and chances are no caravans would be getting organized just yet.

Pleasure is mine, miss. I think some drinks would be in order - it is already quite hot. Though I am a little surprised you'd think pay soldiers like us proper company for yourself, he says with a wink.

littlebottom
2012-03-22, 06:54 PM
"I thought the proper company for a woman such as myself would be a strong man to protect me." She winks back.

Julia realises she hasnt introduced herself, and goes with her standard alias in times like these "My name is Jenny, Jenny Windiff, and your own, kind sir?"

The_Shaman
2012-03-23, 02:12 AM
The big man nods with a slight smile. I am Bernar Hajnek, pleased to meet you. Do you know of any nearby places to get a drink and keep an eye on the road? he adds, then looks at the person he had been talking to with an unsaid question "You coming?". He then nods slightly and turns back to "Jenny". "Where are you from, miss?"

((Can I presume that he knows whether her name is local or not?))

Tome
2012-03-23, 02:42 PM
Tasha

Slouched against a nearby wall, Tasha sighs dejectedly at the heat. Her coat, made for far colder climes, lies folded away in her pack, exposing a worn and stained shirt that may once have been fashionable in the north, several years ago. She picks a stray lock of hair off her face where sweat had attached it to her skin, tossing it over her shoulder. "Durak heat," she mutters maliciously to herself, "new research project: blow up sun. No, wait, would kill test subjects. Blot out sun? Consider. Maybe devise portable cooling system...".

Continuing to mutter to herself in a way that does her no favours, she surveys the crowd. Sharp eyes peer from behind mended spectacles and unkempt locks. One person stands out, and her ears catch whispered scraps of conversation as the oddly dressed woman strikes up a conversation with one of the mercenaries. What have we here, she thinks, her curiosity sparked. Black lace? Does not fit climate or local dress. Suspicious. Excuse illogical, hiding something. But what? Will find out reason for deception.

A lazy tendril of thought pokes it's way out of her cracked and broken mind, worming it's way over to the strange woman. Gently, oh so very gently, Tasha eases her way inside her head, attempting to skim the surface of her thoughts. Curiosity must be sated.

Using Mind Reading on Julia.

Psychic Projection: [roll0]
Psychic Potential: [roll1]

EDIT So that's a 160 PsR check for Julia, or Tasha gets to inspect the inside of her head. You can try and defend against it, bearing in mind the substantial penalties for an invisible ranged attack of which you are unaware, in order to get a +60 bonus to your resistance. Assuming Julia doesn't manage to resist, Tasha will be maintaining it.

littlebottom
2012-03-23, 06:24 PM
The big man nods with a slight smile. I am Bernar Hajnek, pleased to meet you. Do you know of any nearby places to get a drink and keep an eye on the road? he adds, then looks at the person he had been talking to with an unsaid question "You coming?". He then nods slightly and turns back to "Jenny". "Where are you from, miss?"

((Can I presume that he knows whether her name is local or not?))

((quite likely))

"Alas, i was hoping you would know somewhere to get a drink, dear. I'm new in town as it happens." Julia scratches her head slightly irritatedly then stops when the itch goes away. "I'm sure we can find somewhere to get a drink, maybe ask someone else." Julia looks around for someone who looks like they might know someplace to get a drink, eventually deciding upon someone leaning against a wall, muttering to themselves. "Excuse me, you wouldnt happen to know a good place to get a drink would you?"

Julias thoughts for Tasha:
*He doesnt know anywhere either? ah ill have to ask someone else, i wish he knew, since this is the first time ive traveled anywhere like this, the last time i remember so much sand was that time at the beach with daddy, although i think it just looked like a lot of sand because i was so little.

Hey, maybe this person knows where to get a drink, she looks like she would be a much more interesting conversation than anyone else around here.*

Tome
2012-03-23, 07:54 PM
Tasha

Tasha's head tilts slightly to the side. Unusual, she hardly thought she looked like a local, or even a regular visitor. Maybe the subject was choosing people to interact with based on unknown criteria. Selecting based on unique appearance? Yes, likely searching for interesting people as main priority over stated goal. But why? Further investigation warranted. A slight pause, almost unnoticeable, in which Tasha's mind is occupied with analysing Julia's behaviour before she even acknowledges the question. "A drink? Likely colloquialism, referring to alcoholic beverages specifically. No, new to area. Apologies" she answers in rapid fire with a shake of her head.

A twitch, as she considers whether to to push for answers, balancing the need for discretion against curiosity. "Was wondering, forgive asking, but strange thing to be wearing in current environment, yes?" the madwoman asks, hoping more to prompt the right answers into the mind than receive them spoken aloud. "Black sub-optimal colour for regulating temperature, lace also impractical due to maintenance issues in desert terrain. Explanation given to mercenary dubious, curious as to true reason. Multiple hypotheses, none significantly more likely than other, had to ask".

Everything Tasha says should probably be read as if a female, russian version of Mordin Solus was speaking. This may or may not be influenced by me playing a lot of ME3 recently. :smalltongue:

Also, Tasha is now maintaining the Mind Reading in her Innate Slot not currently occupied by her shield.

The_Shaman
2012-03-24, 04:41 AM
The mercenary shrugs, the woman seems not to have been local anyway. He does wonder what she's up to, so he may as well go somewhere for a drink in the meantime. "There's bound to be some, it is a marketplace after all. Might as well check."

He raises an eyebrow when the black-dress woman starts talking to someone - woman, most likely? - who's resting against a wall. He looks - and listens - at her with some guarded concern. Who on Gaia would speak that way? A madwoman. Perhaps she doesn't quite know the language - but if so, would she be speaking with such curious phrasing? Or perhaps someone still hungover or high from a drug. "Ey, you okay there? You don't sound all that good. You are not from here either, aren't you?"

Explanation dubious, eh? I wasn't expecting her to be quite honest either.

littlebottom
2012-03-24, 07:10 PM
Julia realises that this is a question she might have to answer often today. "It lets out the heat easier being black, and the lace, well i dont have much else in black im afraid." Julia hopes this is a significant answer and continues before the woman can fire more questions at Julia. "Would you like to come for a drink too?"

thoughts for Tasha
*Not again, someone else has asked me that now, maybe im going to get asked a lot today, maybe i should change clothes, anyway, just give the same excuse as before and move on quickly.

This is certainly a curious woman, maybe she would provide interesting company for a while, ill ask her if she would like to come with us. More chance of getting free drinks that way too.*

Tome
2012-03-25, 04:25 AM
Tasha

Tasha gives the mercenary a strange look at his inquiry. "Don't sound... Oh, speech patterns! Fine. I am fine. My thoughts just run away with my words sometimes when I neglect to pay them the proper due care and attention, nothing to be concerned with" she explains, her speech evidently more coherent when brought to her attention. "And yes, I have travelled here as part of my research. It is not the first occasion of my studies taking me far from my homeland".

"Though it occurs to me that introductions may have been delayed, it seems imprudent to continue with that state. You may call me Tasha, a travelling scholar and doctor by trade. And yourself?".

The strange woman's answer fails to fulfil Tasha's curiosity. More lies, and her thoughts danced around the topic. Could indicate something mundane, at least to her. Still, Tasha does not know for certain and her curiosity, once roused, is not easily sated. "Mmf... better than waiting out here. Yes, will come" agrees Tasha. It would give her more time to unravel this little mystery at least, and the heat in this blasted country is truly oppressive.

Drawing up a little of her reserves, Tasha intensifies her probing, expending some of her excess power to sift beyond the web of surface thoughts. It may be unwise to squander power like this, but she doesn't expect to have an urgent need to disintegrate anything within the next half hour or so. Hopefully the appropriate memories aren't buried too deep.

Tasha is going to spend 1 PP to temporarily gain access to Mental Research.

Madness: [roll0]
Psychic Projection: [roll1]
Psychic Potential: [roll2]

EDIT +20 Potential from Madness puts her final result at 196 (Absurd Difficulty), which means a 140 PsR check for Julia or Tasha gets to spend a turn examining her memories.

It's the GM's call for how deep a memory is buried, but I can't imagine 'getting dressed this morning' will take more than a turn to retrieve. Which is great, because Tasha can't maintain a temporary power.

littlebottom
2012-03-25, 05:58 PM
Psychic res [roll0] and an open in the mild hope [roll1]

"Great, I'm sure it wont take long to find somewhere to drink! Im Jenny by the way!" Julia says without skipping a beat.

Julias thoughts this moment:
*Cool, someone else to chat with, this should make things more fun. Tasha eh? Nice name. She wants me to introduce myself too? well theres only one option as the mercenary is still with me and would pull me up if i said anything other than jenny.*

Julia again begins moving, seemingly never one to stay still if there is no need to, she begins searching for somewhere to drink ((and under the assumption she eventually finds one)) Will breath a sigh of relief "Finally! Somewhere to sit down chat and relax for a bit eh?"

Shade Kerrin
2012-03-25, 07:49 PM
Tasha:
The image that returns to your mind briefly shows the perspective of a young woman getting dressed into an outfit that does not match what you are seeing(see littlebottom's outfit spoiler). There is a faint shimmering around the entirety of her body, though the scene cuts off before you can gain any idea of what it is.

A stall just to the left of the first intersection in the market district is both selling drinks, and providing seating areas for customers. The menu consists entirely of items none of you are likely to have heard of, though judging from the ingredients visible behind the counter, they are likely all some combination of fruits.

littlebottom
2012-03-25, 08:04 PM
"OOOH that one looks colourful! I'll have that one!" Julia points to a multi-coloured drink another customer is drinking with a small umbrella in it.

Julia finds somewhere to sit with enough seats for the three of them and a little extra room just incase.

"So, you both say your not from around here, I'm not too concerned with the past or where you come from, so what i ask, is what brings you here?"

you continue to see me with the illusion and following the rules "get another roll because you have reason to doubt the illusions existance" likely with bonuses determined by the GM.

but im perfectly happy to assume you know about the illusion and can see through it now if you like rather than roll. its nothing major to me personally if the party members can see through my illusions :smalltongue:

The_Shaman
2012-03-26, 06:20 AM
Bernar nods at the explanation from Tasha, without looking too convinced. Her talk about "due proper care and attention" seems a bit absurd, not to mention over the top. He has, every now and then, spoken with a few intelligent people, so from observation he knows they don't all act like that. Perhaps the woman is, whatever else she is, a bit touched in the head. It happens to scholars at times - and not only to them. Well, no business of his either way. It seems to be a time for meeting strange people.

"Bernar," says the warrior with a nod to the strange woman (strangeR woman, at least). "I've been traveling, recently - I'm basically a mercenary right now. So where are you from? Neither of you seem locals."

As he says so, he approaches the nearest stall and goes to the shade with a huff. "I want something large, cool, and not too sweet." he says, eyeing the bottles. "What have you got?"

Shade Kerrin
2012-03-26, 06:11 PM
"One Zilnar Spike? Certainly."
With skilled hands, the first man attending the counter takes several various fruits, squeezing and mixing them in front of your eyes, with the expected pink umbrella to finish.
The second looks a bit lost at Bernar's order. She looks to the first, who merely shrugs, then proceeds to make the same item as him, save that she first fills half the cup with water.

As expected, the drinks are quite sweet, almost unbearably so in the case of Julia's. They have a thick texture to them, in all likelyhood due to the pulp of the fruits.

littlebottom
2012-03-26, 07:13 PM
"Ohh, delicious!" Julia exclaims as she takes her first sip. "Its unbearably sweet, just like me!" She says with a look on her face like a mischeivious child trying to look innocent.

"I came here because i like traveling. I do a lot of traveling, especially lately, having noting tying me down to one place, i freely enjoy life on the road." Julia sips more of her drink, thoroughly enjoying the sweetness, although it does slow her down in drinking it slightly compared to how she believed she would drink a delicious and cold drink in this heat.

Tome
2012-03-26, 08:17 PM
Tasha

"I shall do science to it" Tasha murmurs gleefully, having selected something local to drink. She takes a small sip, and changes her mind. "I shall do science to the next one. I like this one".

In the part of her mind not occupied with sweet drinks and novel tastes, Tasha ponders the strange woman calling herself 'Jenny'. Something is definitely off here, and that only makes the madwoman more curious. For those concerned, that can not end well. "Another traveller? Expected, given circumstances. Raises question of observable ill-preparedness. I originate in the north, travelling to perform research, likely similar practical considerations to lifestyle".

Whee, time to make another MR check.

[roll0]

Rolling Occult to see if Tasha can explicitly identify Julia as having the Gift based on what she's seen so far.

[roll1]

The_Shaman
2012-03-27, 02:51 AM
Bernar finds the drink quite sweet, and innerly sighs. He likes sweets... somewhat, maybe a bit less than the next person. Right now, though, he'd prefer something less sugary - but a drink is a drink. "So, any particular reason you ended here of all places? The nearby lands aren't too great for sightseeing. I'd have thought you'd keep to cooler lands this time of the year, unless you have a particular reason to end here."

He brings the glass up to his face and takes a slight sip, trying to determine if, by any miracle, there may be something inside that would qualify as alcohol. It seems the divine are busy elsewhere, and he turns to Tasha.

"Actually, why would you travel to do research? I thought scholars tended to stay in libraries, maybe temples and foundries for that. More books, beakers, faith et cetera."

littlebottom
2012-03-28, 05:37 PM
"So." Julia says before taking another gulp of her drink to help cool off in the heat "You make a living by going to places, researching...something, then reporting back? Sounds like you get to go all over the world and see interesting things for a job. I don't have a job, i just travel"

The_Shaman
2012-03-30, 04:49 PM
"You must be making money somehow, though," Bernar said with a neutral, perhaps uncaring tone, as he looked at Janie and raised his glass slightly in greeting. "You don't look like a vagabond. Don't sound like one, either."

littlebottom
2012-03-30, 05:29 PM
"Money is easy to make!" Julia grins triumphantly "I just do odds and ends, here and there, also, ive found people tend to just give you stuff for free if you ask nice enough." Julia perhaps seems avoidant to give any real details.

Julias thoughts:
*Money? i dont have to mess around earning money when I can MAKE money, From thin air no less. Also taking things makes everything easier... thats kinda of like being given something for free*

Tome
2012-03-30, 07:44 PM
Tasha

"Unlikely" mutters Tasha with a roll of her eyes. Even if she wasn't listening into the woman's thoughts, the explanations she gives are ludicrous at best. Honestly, a thief should at least know how to tell a plausible lie. Finding out why will be most satisfying, but not right now, not with witnesses.

"Not everything written down, only tiny fraction" she explains, turning back to face the towering mercenary. "Someone has to go out into field, learn new things, write books about them. Perform field experiments. What I do. World is great, many unknowns. Endlessly fascinating - practical applications also useful". A shrug as she takes another sip of her new acquired drink. At least this one seemed more competent. "Occasionally supplement funding with medical skills, always work for good doctor".

The_Shaman
2012-04-01, 05:11 AM
"Uh-huh." Bernar says, far from convinced by Julia's optimistic explanation. Or rather, wondering just how "nicely" she asked - a hand in their pocket or dagger at their throat possibly, though he had was far from ruling out out a few other options where improperly dressed women could expect to receive patronage.

He turned to Tasha, nodding and trying not to wonder too much what she meant by "field experiments." "Yes, good healers can be quite appreciated - but the pay tends to be better for those who stick around at one place for a while. So what are you doing here, anyway - looking for something?"

littlebottom
2012-04-01, 11:57 AM
"Uh-huh." Bernar says, far from convinced by Julia's optimistic explanation. Or rather, wondering just how "nicely" she asked - a hand in their pocket or dagger at their throat possibly, though he had was far from ruling out out a few other options where improperly dressed women could expect to receive patronage.

((Or all of the above to a greater or lesser degree))

"Why, yes, if you go around doing research, what are you researching at the moment? or is it top secret?" Julia ends the comment with an over exaggerated wink.

Tome
2012-04-01, 02:49 PM
Tasha

"Regrettably true. Still, have to take what I can get" the madwoman agrees dejectedly with the mercenary's comment, slumping slightly at the reminder of her financial woes. If only people weren't so blasted squeamish! She could have but those organs back in if that mob hadn't turned up.

The questions about her research perk her right back up though. "Oh, yes!" she exclaims, scrabbling for her satchel as she babbles an explanation. "Have several projects currently, primarily here to catalogue native fauna, particularly small reptiles. Other areas of pertinent interest include meteorological and geological studies, local terrain potentially fascinating underneath all the sand". A pause. "Would you like to see notes?".

Please don't make me write an essay on desert dwelling reptiles. I will hate you for it - that, or I'll have to copy+paste something from Wikipedia. :smalltongue:

Incidentally, Tasha is almost certainly lying by omission here.

littlebottom
2012-04-01, 06:42 PM
Julia finishes off her drink "Oh i need to go to the little girls room, back in a moment" Julia hops up and leaves...

@system/shade:
Once alone, Julia will cast detect lie, 80 zeon, 8 daily maintain.

required action: slight of hand (120) [roll0]

fumble or open [roll1]

Julia returns about a minute later "Oh, so where were we? Oh yes, You study fauna, reptiles, meteorological and geological studies, anything else?"

@Tasha: julias thoughts
*I hope thats not all she studies, that sounds boring, i was hoping for something much more interesting! maybe now i will find out*

Tome
2012-04-01, 07:49 PM
Tasha

She watches 'Jenny' leave with considerable suspicion. Definitely something off about this one. Something about the way her thoughts run, some factor that Tasha is missing, some... Tasha's line of thinking grinds to a sudden halt as Julia casts her spell, and the pieces fall into place. Of course! It all makes sense now! This 'Jenny' is a mage! It explains so very many inconsistencies. Tasha fights to keep a mad grin from her face. There would be no way she'd let this one get away now, Gifted test subjects are so rare.

She considers informing the mercenary to see how he would react. No, might loose the test subject that way. Previous experience has taught her well, save that for later. "Intends to make us pay for drinks, maybe?" she mentions instead.

The return of the new research materials is welcome, saves the trouble of chasing it down, though the spell to detect falsehood may prove troublesome if the wrong questions are asked. Still, should not be hard to work around. "Many things" she answers the test subject's question. "Study everything, sooner or later. Simply gave run down of research topics associated with choice of destination. Some subjects more general, can be researched anywhere. Name topic, will likely perform research on it eventually".

Everything Tasha has said so far is, strictly speaking, completely true. She's just omitted a few things here and there - like that fact that she has non-research reasons to stay on the move as well - but she's yet to actually lie. I'll let you know when she actually does so.

littlebottom
2012-04-02, 08:30 AM
"Sooo, there are other things you research? Like what exactly, yes, everything eventually im sure, but what interests you right now, what are you currently working on or soon to work on?" Julia slightly upset at how Tasha sidesteps the questions, reminds her somewhat of herself, but only to the degree where Tasha has to actually work hard to lie, Julia herself could make almost any lie sound believeable with magic.

Julia realises that they are not too simmilar after all though, Tasha doesnt lie, and thats the point, she just avoids the truth, an annoyingly effective way to "lie"

Julias thoughts:
*She is definately hiding something, but what is it? she might be part of some important research facility, but just a grunt, she gets sent out to find seemingly useless information that at the top secret section they piece together, yeah thats it, maybe this Tasha is just a pawn, it would explain her seeming lack of knowledge of anything of interest yet high knowledge of everything else, she is being kept in the dark. I'll just have to keep asking questions, see if something spills*

Tome
2012-04-02, 08:53 AM
Tasha

Tasha has to hide another smile as she listens in to Julia's thoughts. So very, very wrong.

"At moment?" she replies nonchalantly, "Following up on observations of unusual variety of rare desert dwelling creature with strange plumage and abnormal behaviour patterns. Not well documented, wish to add to notes. Could be interesting to dissect once specimen is caught. Somewhat analogous to a snake".

littlebottom
2012-04-02, 09:12 AM
"A creature with strange plumage huh? what species of creature? It sounds interesting actually" Julia prods further

Julias thoughts:
*Rare creature huh? well, could be interesting how she skirts around the subject, maybe supernatural, they are usually interesting.*

Tome
2012-04-02, 11:24 AM
Tasha

"Unsure of exact nature, reason for interest" Tasha answers with a shrug.

"Between you and me though" she continues, leaning closer to whisper in Julia's ear, "subject may possibly possess... supernatural properties". If she wanted something interesting, Tasha would give her something interesting. All the better to get her alone and vulnerable.

"Is all very exciting, but enough about self. What about you? Where from?".

littlebottom
2012-04-02, 01:50 PM
Somethings still being hidden from her, but this was atleast news in the direction Julia was hoping for. "Oooh, i might have to take a look at this species sometime. I might be able to help you with it." Julia moves on "Where im from? Just about everywhere, I have lived my life on the move for such a long time now i dont consider anywhere home." Julia displeased at this battle of wits that isnt getting either of them anywhere.

Julia's thoughts:
*OOh supernatural? well thats always atleast a little interesting. But if she is going after supernatural things, then what means does she have to capture, contain or simply examine it without it killing her? She clearly has something, some item or ability to help her, i doubt a "field researcher" could simply research something with supernatural powers.*

The_Shaman
2012-04-02, 02:17 PM
Bernar has quickly and somewhat discretely checked his purse when Tasha was leaving, and has since returned to minding his own drink. The two strange women seem to be hitting it off, and he has no particular reason to intercede. The chances of them mentioning anything useful are small, but at least he gets to enjoy the shade.

"So you are looking for a strange bird? Alone?" he eventually adds, not too perturbed. Ornithology is none of his business, and by the looks of it, neither woman looks wealthy enough to be a potential employer. Work for one, perhaps, though he'd much rather be elsewhere given the local climate. Perhaps one of them would finally say just what brought them here.

Malixe
2012-04-03, 12:38 PM
Jumping and diving and running, and hurtling and bounding, and wheeling and sprinting, and then stopping. It suddenly occurred to Vlanates that he'd lost his bearings in all of the excitement! Excitement you'd not suspect when observing his face. Vlanates had a very serious expression, and wary eyes. He was dressed heavily, a thick, forest green cloak and wide hat to block out the sun. Though plain in taste they seemed to be well tailored at least.

A snick from the alley sent him back on his spree. Taking a sharp turn, he found himself facing the open area of the Market District, open area surrounded in light, and people. He didn't know if people were good or bad right now, but for all he knew there wasn't too much time to think about such things.

Vlanates skidded to a stop in the sun and quickly composed himself. The man came up upon the chatting trio very quickly, and instantly selected his target.

"Gifts, keep safe from the sun now!" While he spoke, he very quickly tossed the green cloak over the man's already broad and cloaked shoulders, letting the hat fall very lightly over Bernar's head. His skin was fairly tanned as most of those who lived here, but his hair was blond, which was a small twist. Before a body could turn to see, Vlanates dived to the side, rolling into cover behind the drink-selling stall.

"Strangest you've got, Cabul," He said under his breath, holding two silver coins up to the man.

Shaman, I'm sorry if that's a little too much powerplay ^^. Please do feel free to interrupt this post at any time.

Also; Roll for clothing

Magic Resistance: 1d100+45
Hide Check: 1d100+10

wizuriel
2012-04-03, 12:59 PM
Ysabella cursed at the situation as she and Vlanates fled down the street. Despite the heat she pulls her heavy coat over her dress.

She should have been paying better attention, but at least her ward was still safe! She wasn't use to being in a situation like this though and she didn't like the change of positions. She was a hunter not the hunted; it was time to change the rules of the game.

"Keep running and try to draw them out, I will be on the side waiting for them". Before Vlanates can respond Ysabella leaps into the crowds blending in.

Now she thinks, lets see what you got

Ysabella will be using her forgetfulness ability to help blend in to the crowd (MR 100 to remember seeing her).

Using her Nemesis undetectable ability to run while using her stealth skills at full ability.

stealth: [roll0]
in case of fumble: [roll1]

Athleticism: [roll2]
in case of fumble: [roll3]
Final run speed: 8 (burning a fatigue point every 5-10min)

Notice: (to follow Vlanates and keep an eye on him): [roll4]
in case of fumble: [roll5]

Search: (for assassins): [roll6]
in case of fumble: [roll7]

edit: Not sure how multiple action penalties would come into play here. I think athleticism became a passive in core exxet (if not, not 100% sure how it works since it sounds like it should be rolled each time your trying to run)?
1st action) run and athleticism
2nd action) search and notice (-25)
3rd action) stealth and she will pull out a strand of hair (-50)

Tome
2012-04-03, 03:35 PM
Tasha

Tasha considers the mercenary's summary. "Yes, assessment is essentially correct" she agrees with a polite nod of the head. He clearly wasn't interested in the conversation between her and the test subject, which suited Tasha's purposes just fine. Polite enough company at least. Before anything else though, the strange man in the green cloak had burst in, dumped said cloak over the head of the mercenary and gone to order a drink with far more money than was likely necessary.

The was only really one response to this. For Tasha at least. Fixing him with an appropriately annoyed glare, another tendril of thought snakes out, through the cracks in her mind from-which-the-light-pours, and with a suitably serpentine flick, darts between the cloudy layers of thought, flickering about like a tongue tasting the air. Perhaps the serpent metaphor earlier amused her?

Let's see what Vlanates is thinking about here. Using Mind Reading on him and maintaining it in Tasha's second Innate Slot, displacing Psychokinetic Shield.

Sparta? THIS! IS! MADNESS!: [roll0]
Projection: [roll1]
Potential: [roll2]

If Ysabella is keeping an eye on Vlanates, she'll be able to see the psychic matrices in use, though I think it's the GM's call as to how much she can tell from that.

EDIT Okay, so factoring in her Madness that's a PsR 100 check for Vlanates.

littlebottom
2012-04-03, 05:47 PM
Julia hopped to her feet spryly. She continues to go quickly over to the bar and pulls herself up and leans over it her feet dangling a little bit off the ground. "Whatcha hiding from? Need any help?" She asks with a cheeky grin, unaware that her illusion had been seen through and she was perhaps giving the poor man more of an eyeful than she realised.

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-03, 06:37 PM
As Cabul begins mixing together a drink known as the 'Black Prepice,' on the inside, Ysabell sees one of the assasins pushing through the crowd towards her on the outside - clearly he has managed to keep track of her movements throughout the chase. The others are nowhere in sight.

The faint noise of a bell can be heard from the direction of the royal palace.

We will be entering combat time now. See the OOC for posting details

Edit: Vlanates can also spot the assasin moving in on Ysabell

Malixe
2012-04-03, 11:53 PM
Subtly waving Ysabell on, Vlanates took a few deep breaths. He had a feeling that soon he wouldn't have time to. Maybe not even time to enjoy their drink, unless they actually decided to take that sad bit of bait he'd left behind.

"What?" He looked up, shading his eyes from the run, "Ah... Just the sitters. They're a real pain in the neck..." A moment after saying this, he laughed a very half-hearted laugh and buried his face into his hand, "Oh, goodness..." Looking out at the crowds, he tried to scan for Ysabell. He saw her running, which was terrifying. If it weren't for the fact that she was silent while doing it, she'd be attracting a lot of attention... Then, he saw the Suit.

"Well now, maybe you can. Any of your friends a guard?" He said, smiling and placing a hand on one of the hilts on his waist. That one already had his eyes trained on Ysabella. But where were the others? Whatever he did, it was a bad situation.

But then who knew... It was time to clear the floor, "Or, a better idea... Start shouting 'Murderer'" Vlanates leapt to his feet and began to make his move, slowly drawing his twin hooked swords and spinning them in his hands to catch the light. People would be hard-pressed not to notice this.

Initiative; [roll0]

Vlanates is fighting Defensively, (+10 Defense, -30 Attack). He is also using his Defensive Secondary Weapon Module, which gives him 1 additional defense, though he cannot attack with his off-hand weapon.

Along with ALL THIS, Vlanates is delaying. He won't do anything but move towards the assassin, until the end of the turn. At the end of the turn (If noone has attacked him) He will move to the assassin and strike him. If he ever succeeds at a defense by enough to get a counterattack, he'll immediately perform a disarming attack with his Shang Gou.

Attack; [roll1]
Disarming Characteristics Roll; [roll2]

Defenses; [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

Other Rolls [roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9]

wizuriel
2012-04-03, 11:58 PM
init: [roll0]
fumble: [roll1]

Defense rolls
1) [roll2]
fumble: [roll3]
2) [roll4]
fumble: [roll5]
3) [roll6]
fumble: [roll7]

Actions

pg 98 DE for how Cancer weapon works
If someone attacks her and she gets the right to counter attack or still act

How dare they try to attack her. Half blinded by rage that someone would dare attack her, yet also relishing that for the first time in a long time someone has gotten this close to her Ysabella will lash out at her attacker trying to take them out.

Attack 1) [roll8]
fumble) [roll9]
attack 2) [roll10]
fumble) [roll11]

If someone attacks Vlanates

Ysabella curses seeing one of the assassins attack her ward. She will make them pay
attack 1) [roll12]
fumble: [roll13]
attack 2 (trapping): [roll14]
fumble: [roll15]
trapping attempt: [roll16]

If no one attacks Vlanates and Ysabella get's surprise on the advancing assassin

Ysabella curses seeing the assassin advance towards her. She wasn't use to others being able to notice her, much less actually keep up with her to advance on her locations. Still this guy was green in many ways and she would show him the error of this ways

attack 1) [roll17]
fumble: [roll18]
attack 2 (trapping): [roll19]
fumble: [roll20]
trapping attempt: [roll21]

If any attack hits and does damage Ysabella will also use 1/4 and continue searching for the remaining assassins

search: [roll22]
fumble: [roll23]

Other scenario

Ysabella curses seeing the assassin not only keep up with her, but actually advance on her position. She wasn't use to people noticing her, much less keeping up. Still she is confident she is faster than the assassin and able to lose him.

She will use 1/4 movement to go deeper into the crowd and attempt a new stealth check

Stealth: [roll24]
fumble: [roll25]

and will continue her search for the remaining assassins
search: [roll26]
fumble: [roll27]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-04, 01:00 AM
Since the two who know of the combat have acted, I will tick forward the round. A little sooner than expected, but that can only be good

Init:
1:[roll0]
2:[roll1]
3:[roll2](values are approximate and might be changed by the next round.)

The first black-robed figure stands for a moment, waiting for a break in the flow of people to allow him the attack. When one presents itself he lunges forward, seeming to pull a black rapier from nowhere.
The second one reveals her location by casually stretching out her leg as Vlanates passes out of the doorway, a smug glint in her eyes
The last one is nowhere in sight yet, or at least so it seems. Notice check from everyone, please

1: Attack on Ysabell: [roll3].
Defense: [roll4], [roll5]
Notice(IIRC):[roll6], [roll7]

2: Take Down attempt of Vlanates: [roll8]Obviously his score is not that high, it is the reletive bonus he gets for surprise, [roll9] vs Vlanete's [roll10]
Defense:[roll11]

Open/fumble: [roll12], [roll13], [roll14], [roll15]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-04, 01:22 AM
The visible one lunges forward perhaps a tad too late, getting jostled slightly as he closes in. This provides Ysabell the opportunity to make the first strike, him clearly being to close to slip away at the moment. He spots the wiry hair just in time to duck under its trajectory, but he has suffered enough delays that it is not too difficult for Ysabell to spin out of the way of his charge. On the other hand, his attack path naturally brings him low enough to avoid the followup strike of the thread above him.

Vlanetes is caught completely off guard at the sudden appearance of the second, whose boot rams against his leg with considerable force. In an almost comical fashion, his arms wave as he attempts to stabilize himself, until he succeeds by hooking his left blade against the doorway. Even so, there is still the pain of being kicked in the shins. Vlanetes takes 14 Damage.

New Round: Vlanates and Ysabell are currently both within hand-to-hand range with their opponents

Malixe
2012-04-04, 01:39 AM
Regaining his balance in an all-together less stylish way than he could have hoped. Vlanates levered his blades back at her, "Oof, showmanship was a bad choice," Holding his off-hand before him, he cautiously maneuvered his main blade to swing. Eyes ever on the woman's face.

Initiative; [roll0]

Different plan! Vlanates intends to attack head on. However, if gaining a counterattack he will still attempt a disarm (Should that attack actually come from a weapon this time :b). Not only this, but he'll spend 1 fatigue on the disarm. If it's his normal attack, he won't fatigue it.

Still using his offhand defensively.

Attack; [roll1]
Disarming Characteristics Roll; [roll2]

littlebottom
2012-04-04, 08:33 AM
notice: [roll0] ((Whoops, i thought i put some points in notice, must of forgot EDIT: OMG IM BLINDER THAN A BAT! IM LIKE SUPER BLIND:smalleek:))
initiative [roll1]

Julia realising something is going on pulls what seems to be a deck of cards from seemingly nowhere, their certainly isnt a pocket in her dress where she pulled the cards from. With a flourish the cards fly from hand to hand one by one seemingly defying gravity, going from her bottom hand to her top hand, suddenly she removes her bottom hand to snatch a card before it hits her top hand, again with a small flourish holding it between her index and middle finger, she presents the card forward at arms length. The card, is blank. "Theres nothing to see here! hehe!" She giggles

((Unfortunately the time it takes for this to pass means she doesnt finish till the next turn, she accumulates 40 zeon this turn towards illusionary invisibility, next turn she will have enough to cast it, the spare 20 zeon will go into a pool for her next spell. use this initiative the round the spell casts [roll2]))

slight of hand [roll3]

Illusionary invisibility: Targetting herself, Vlanetes, Ysabell and Bernar (total presence 140)
magic projection for successful cast. [roll4]

MR resistance of 120 to see through the invisibility, if not, the opponents would be in effect completely blind to all attacks from these people, (And surprise depending on how they use it and if shade allows it)

Tome
2012-04-04, 09:25 AM
Tasha

The eruption of sudden violence comes as a surprise to Tasha, not because she is unused to violent altercations, but rather due to it happening without her being involved. The lack of torches and pitchforks among the crowd is also a little unusual for her.

That annoyingly resistant man, whose mind is apparently more resilient than she thought (that or there's simply nothing in there to read), appears to be in the thick of it. She momentarily wonder who the aggressors are, and thus who she should support, but has her hand forced when her research materials decide to intervene. Ah well, the other side was wearing black and jumping out from the shadows. Probably incompetent assassins.

She decides her priority should be to keep the research materials and the strange man alive - she has secrets she still wishes to pry from their minds. With a twinge of regret, Tasha lets the connection to the test subject's unsuspecting mind dwindle. Much as she would like to observe the spellcasting, she needs the power tied up in that link.

Calmly sipping her drink and outwardly unconcerned by the ongoing hostilities, Tasha shares a little of her madness with the assassin attacking Vlanates. Perception and reality take a little twist, and the Vlanates the assassin sees takes a few steps to the right. A small change, but perhaps more effective for it.

Initiative: [roll0]
Tasha will use Psychic Illusion on the assassin who attacked Vlanates. The illusion will be of Vlanates standing off to the side of where he actually is. She'll try to keep it moving and dodging appropriately so as not to give the illusion away. Tasha will also make it so that she and Julia are invisible and inaudible to the assassin, just in case.

If it succeeds, she'll maintain it in the slot currently being used for the Mind Reading on Julia.

Iz Madness Tiem Noaw: [roll1]
Projection: [roll2]
Potential: [roll3]

Defences: [roll4] [roll5] [roll6]
Additional Rolls: [roll7] [roll8] [roll9]

EDIT Assuming the Assassin doesn't somehow dodge, she'll have to take a PsR 100 check or fall for Tasha's illusion.

wizuriel
2012-04-04, 09:43 AM

Defenses (on the defensive)
1) [roll2]
fumble) [roll3]
2) [roll4]
fumble) [roll5]
3) [roll6]
fumble) [roll7]

Won't be counter attacking

Notice check: [roll8]
fumble: [roll9]

Actions

Ysabella wants to lash at the man fighting her, people don't notice her much less keep up with her, dodge her attacks and keep fighting!! Still she has a job to do and is keen enough to recognize a challenge when she sees one. Let this man tire himself out attacking air...

She will wait till after the assassin fighting her attacks. Then she will leave combat and rear attack the assassin fighting Vlanates.

Attack roll: [roll10]
fumble: [roll11]

The_Shaman
2012-04-04, 12:33 PM
Notice: [roll1]

"The heck is that about," Bernar grumbles as a cloak comes flying at him, though not with any malice. This place was boring and hot, perhaps there was something to be done about the boring part.

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-04, 06:59 PM
Right, these guys actually have real combat stats now, enjoy

Init:
3:[roll2]
Crowd: [roll3]
Ysabell's foe makes a series of quick lunges, hoping to break through her defense. Meanwhile Vlanete's opponent brings a pair of daggers to bear with a flick of her wrists, leading her attack with the left one. The last one is still nowhere in sight.
As the crowd becomes aware of the combat, it quickly backs off, forming a wide circle around the sudden battlefield. Cabul meanwhile ducks below his bench, getting out of sight

1: Attacks on Ysabell: [roll4], [roll5]

2: Attacks on Vlanates(if everything else fails): [roll6], [roll7]
Defenses: [roll8], [roll9], [roll10]

Open/fumble: [roll11], [roll12], [roll13], [roll14]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-04, 07:24 PM
The leading strike of Vlanates' opponent is so fast that he can barely see it, let alone avoid the blow. Fortunately the cut is turned away slightly by his armor, though it does still leave a scrape on his hip. Vlanates takes 16 damage.. The followup swings wide, but Vlanates is in no position to take advantage of it. Her eyes, the only part of her face visible, maintain their smug look, though only Tasha notices that her gaze is shifting slowly to the left.
The first strike by Ysabell's assasin misses by a hair, the second not even that, penetrating right through her armro and releasing a light flow of blood from her shoulder. She stumbles loosely in the direction of Vlanates, but the opposition easily remains toe-to-toe with her Ysabell takes 15 damage.

New Round. Julia's actions are already decided

Malixe
2012-04-04, 07:47 PM
Vlanates grits his teeth and takes the pain of the cut, still maintaining his measured stance. Though he continues holding his left sword up as a defense, this time he has the right flipped for the edged side to face her. It does strike him as strange when her eyes start to lisp to one side, but he took it as an opportune distraction. This time he would swing to wound.

Initiative; [roll0]

Nothing fancy. He's making an attack against her on his turn, and anyone he manages to counterattack gets the same ^^.

Attack; [roll1]
Counterattack Roll; [roll2]

Tome
2012-04-06, 11:08 AM
Tasha

Tasha tuts dismissively as she watches Julia bungling her spell. "Pointless, waste of effort. If going to involve self in conflict, do so, not mess around with cards" she mutters, considering her next move. Should she involve herself more actively? It may make her a target if there are any more assassins lurking in wait. On the other hand, she can likely deal with them, and her research materials are too important to risk.

Her decision is made. She can handle assassins, particularly ones incompetent enough to actually look like assassins. "Watch. Copy example" she orders Julia, pointing her arm at the assassin in front of them. "If going to work will upon world, this is how it is done". A cold snap of her fingers, and reality bends to her madness. F = v(dm/dt) + m(dv/dt). She changes the numbers and the world changes with them, kinetic energy redirected and re-purposed in a wave of psychokinetic force.

Using Psychokinetic Impact on the assassin engaging Vlanates to try and knock her into a wall.

Unless the Assassin notices the illusion and resists it before Tasha's turn comes about, she'll be under some significant penalties to defend herself from the impact. Either way, I believe it's an opposed Strength check to determine how far the assassin flies.

Madness is my mantra: [roll0]
Projection: [roll1]
Strength Check: [roll3]

Other Rolls: [roll7] [roll8] [roll9]

wizuriel
2012-04-06, 10:13 PM
Ysabella's hand is instinctively drawn to her wounded shoulder, even though she knows she will find nothing there beyond some torn flesh. She vaguely remembers days before long ago where such a wound would have caused her bleed. Still she can't let something let that go unpunished

Init: [roll0]

Defenses
1) [roll1]
fumble: [roll2]
2) [roll3]
fumble: [roll4]
3) [roll5]
fumble: [roll6]

Notice (for last assassin): [roll7]

actions

Lashing out against the assassin in front of me and using 2 fatigue points and attempt to trap him

attack: [roll8]
trap attempt: [roll10]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-07, 07:54 PM
Inits:

The man opposing Ysabell lowers the cloth over his mouth slightly, taking a moment to lick her blood off his blade. This does not delay him too much from making another strike, though. His companion continues her series of slashes on Vlanates, not yet aware that she is no longer aiming for her target.
The last one, not under any such deception, finally reveals himself to everyone, as a crossbow bolt tears through Julia's hair on its way to Vlanates. He stands confidently in the corner, reloading his weapon if the first shot fails to do the job.

One attack on Ysabell: [roll3]
Defense:[roll4], Notice:[roll5], Agi:[roll6] edit: Just checked the book, and his first notice check invalidates the need to make more. Sorry...
Two attacks on 'Vlanates': [roll7], [roll8] vs Tasha's Projection [roll9], [roll10]
Defense: [roll11],[roll12](penalties applied)
One attack on Vlanates: [roll13](relative bonii applied)

Opens/fumbles: [roll14],[roll15],[roll16], [roll17]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-07, 08:37 PM
For half a second, the appearance of the heroes distort bizzarely, causing them to appear similar to the sights seen in a circus mirror. It is only in passing, though, Julia could not keep up such a poor deployment of invisibility if she wanted to.
Ysabella's foe is almost given reason to regret showing off, as cord of hair snaps just barely short of his ankles. Coming close to losing his tongue only seems to enrage him, as he strikes a more painful blow against her side. Ysabella takes 35 damage.
The woman assasin strikes into the jugular of 'Vlanates' faster than Tasha can modify the illusion to accomadate. She stares at the odd scene of her entire arm passing through his neck for a moment, before her head snaps back from an invisible blow, with enough force to throw her right against the crowd. The assasin takes 84 damage, then another 5 damage.
Sadly, the real Vlanates does not get off scot free. The bolt of the last assasin flies true, its downward trajectory driving it directly into the back of his left knee. Vlanates takes 85 damage(total 115), and suffers an AAP of 76

New round: Ysabella is still engaged in hand-to-hand combat.

The faint sound of bells from earlier has been replaced by a much louder bell noise. It still comes from the direction of the Royal palace.

The_Shaman
2012-04-08, 06:58 PM
Bernar looks on, still undecided. "Who the heck are these guys," he mutters, then he sees that one of the crossbow bolts almost takes the weird girl/thief/working lass/whatever-she-was' head off. "Oh no, you didn't," he grumbles with malicious intent as he fixes his eyes on the man.

littlebottom
2012-04-08, 08:06 PM
initiative[roll0]
Julia pouts somewhat because of the apparent failure of her spell. "Well, maybe this time." She begins concentrating her energy again for another spell, preparing the deck for her next spell.

Malixe
2012-04-08, 08:22 PM
Vlanates prepares to parry his assassins attack. Yet, all at once, the assassin swings at something way off in left field, and by the time he looked there, and back to her, she was flying! Well, more like tumbling, but surprising nonetheless. First assassins, now invisible minotaurs! Not sure whether to be optimistic or concerned, Vlanates spin his blades and prepared for a charging attack!

Then, the bolt tore into his leg. He could feel it splinter inside. Crying out wordlessly, Vlanates nearly fell to the ground. He took a glance down just long enough to see the bolt which had gone fully in his leg and was now protruding from the other side.

"Oh, I'm done!" Vlanates hooked his sword around the doorway and did his best to hobble inside, quickly glancing around for a door to slam shut.

Initiative;

Okay... So, Vlanates plan this time is, flee! He's going to dive into the doorway (Using his passive movement), and if he CAN, he'll shut the door before anyone else manages to move inside... And, that's if there's actually a door '^^. Door or not, he'll probably continue his slow stumbling towards any kindof backdoor... If there are one of those XD.

Regardless, if by his luck an assassin DOES come to attack him, he's spending a fatigue point on two defenses.

All of this is using Full Defense, though. So if any of these things are active actions, he cannot do them. Like door-closing.

Other notes, his movement value is down to 6. I think that gets his passive movement speed to around 17 feet. *Salutes* Wish me luck!

Attack; [Roll]1d100+Cheese (No Attacking!)

Defenses; [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

Other Rolls [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7]

Tome
2012-04-10, 10:43 AM
Tasha

An annoyed scowl crosses Tasha's face as the crossbow bolt whizzes by. The assassin had almost ruined her research materials! Such presumption! Such careless aim! This will not stand! "Interference unwelcome. Fall back, surrender, die. Only options" she growls at him.

With a snap of her wrist she sweeps her arm towards the interloper, hauling debris in her wake. A focused expression of her displeasure, and the assassin is bombarded in toothpicks, novelty umbrellas and stray tables. A comical list, but enough force can make anything deadly. And force is not something Tasha usually struggles to supply.

Spending 1 PP to use Ballistics. Throwing toothpicks and furniture at the newly revealed assassin.

Madnezz!: [roll1]
Projection: [roll3]

wizuriel
2012-04-10, 11:46 AM

On the defensive again (really wish pure defense didn't prevent active actions right now)
Defense: [roll1]
fumble: [roll2]
Defense: [roll3]
fumble: [roll4]
Defense: [roll5]

actions

Will wait till after the assassin has attacked. If I don't lose my actions going to full move/stealth into the crowd and hide
action 1) Stealth: [roll7]
fumble: [roll8]
Action 2) Full movement at speed 10
Action 3) Hide [roll9]
fumble: [roll10]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-10, 07:15 PM
1:
2:
B:[roll3]
C:[roll4]

The first assasin, seeing himself at a clear advantage against his foe, continues to press his offence, clearly expecting Ysabella to drop at any moment now.
The second assasin rises from her landing spot, shaking her head to clear it. As she takes the first step in a dash back towards Vlanates, though, she feels an arm start to wrap around each of hers, with more moving around her waist, legs and neck. The audience to this fight, prevously confused by the antics involved, seem to have gained a rather ugly visage at the sound of bells - fortunately not directed against any of you. Towards the back you can start to hear a few voices chanting out the word, 'Lamphier.'
The last, unaware of this new development, continues to calmly load his crossbow, though a couple of threats seek to interrupt him: Bernar, who is charging with the spike of his halberd after taking offence at the danger his showy shot placed Julia in, and Cabul, who rises from behind the counter with an armfull of bottles after throwing one of them at him.

Good guy actions first:
Crowd attack and Trapping attempt: [roll5](size mostly), [roll6] - performed as reaction to moving out of hand-to-hand range.
Bernar's Charge: [roll7]
Cabul's defiance: [roll8]

Bad guy actions:
2 attacks on Ysabella again: [roll9], [roll10]
Surprised, From Behind defence against crowd: [roll11], [roll12]
Defences against Bernar, Cabul and Tasha. -90(surprise) from Cabl's, -30(projectile) from Tasha.
[roll]d%+100], roll]d%+70, [roll13]

Open bar:[roll14],[roll15],[roll16],[roll17],[roll18],[roll19]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-10, 07:48 PM
Inside:
Tasha's matrix forms around her in a moment of sheer perfection - time seems to stand still as she chooses her targets among the sniper's body. Her force is enough that pretty much eveything not bolted down is sent flying, whether she is tossing it towards her target or not. Unfortunately the needles seem to slow downs slightly just before penetrating his skin, and the table that slaps his face just doesn't quite seem to push him back as far as it should. Nonetheless, he is definitely now bleeding from several small wounds. Tasha inflicts 40 damage.
Cabul hefts his bottle with a strong force - strong enough for it to shatter against the rafters. It doesn't even manage to rain shards of glass on his foe, instead forcing him to take cover again from his own assault.
The assasin turns slightly at this spectacle, somewhat amused by it, which proves to be his undoing. Bernar has a completely clear path to charge as a result of somebody throwing everything else out of the way, the spike of his halberd impaling into the intersection of the man's shoulder and his left arm. Bernar feels an odd resistance as he makes his impact, but he pushes through anyway, managing to shatter the bone and tear the entire thing off. Bernar inflicts 77 damage, causes an AAP of 131, and disarms his opponent.
Too bad for Vlanates, but this is an open access stall. At the least, though, there is a pile of furnature loosely tossed towards the corner, in which he can take refuge.

Outside:
It takes Ysabella's entire concentration to avoid the flurry of strikes aimed towards her. She is barely able to avoid suffering another injury, let alone make an escape. The other assasin, through a combination of squirming and flailing, is able to break off from the large number of angry people trying to grab her, stumbling forward a few feet as she does so. Her clothing is now somewhat messed up, one of her eyes swelling up slightly from a stray blow. The crowd does 30 damage but fails to trap.

New Round:Ysabella is engaged in hand-to-hand combat. Assasin 2 has taken 129 damage total, Assasin three has taken 117 damage and is suffering a -131 AAP

littlebottom
2012-04-12, 06:32 PM
initiative [roll0]

Julia sees that now isnt the time to be wasting all her energy, but this time goes for her invisibility again instead of her initial plan. She quickly reproduces the blank card again "There really isnt anything to see here, this time!" She says with a little waiver in her voice afraid it might not work again.

to cast [roll1]
targeting herself, Vlanates, Bernar and ysabella. IF succesful, they will all turn invisible unless the onlookers pass a 120 MR check

incase of fumbles/opens
[roll2][roll3]

wizuriel
2012-04-13, 12:09 PM
This isn't good, Ysabella thought. I can't win this one on one and I don't know what happened to Vlanates.

Defense

On the defensive again
Defense: [roll2]
Fumble: [roll]1d100]
Defense: [roll3]
Defense: [roll4]

actions

Ysabella is going to stop using her undetectability, and boy will she give him something to remember!

"HELP!!! I'm unarmed and this man is trying to kill me!! for the love of god won't someone help me!!!!
style: [roll8]

Will only attack if he tries to leave combat

Attack: [roll5]
Trap: [roll7]

Malixe
2012-04-13, 01:27 PM
Seeing nowhere to run, Vlanates leans against the doorframe for just a second, examining his leg again.

"Ah, if this doesn't kill me, walking the desert with it sure will," He took the quickest glance around the door frame, and hobbled towards the grand pile of furniture, almost falling into the only hiding spot he could fit right now. Vlanates took a single moment to re-align his surroundings to his particular tastes, and lay back.

Initiative; [roll0]

Vlanates will only attack once he himself is sure that the assassin has seen him.

Attack; [roll1]
Sneaky Hiding check (Not including Appropriate Hiding Place Bonus); [roll2]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-15, 01:23 AM
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]
3:[roll2] - whoa, somehow it's still positive...
crowd:[roll3]

It takes a pretty bold assasin to make his attack at close range in public, but it takes a stupid one to stick around once the people decide to get angry at him. Even before Ysabella's cry, he seems to be backing off a step, before his shadow seems to fold around him.
The second takes on something of a pained expression as her leader does his thing, takes one last look at the mob moving in behind her, and attempts to scramble up the side of the drink store.
The last clutches at his newly bleeding stump of an arm in pain. Leaking blood with each motion, he takes one step back, then another, which puts him partially inside the wall - clearly the trick he used to get in initially.
The crowd, now a mob, moves in on the targets of their hatred. A bit less then half of them swarm around the girl, most of the rest moving in on the man, with a few pushing their way in to the store, looking around for whoever shot the arrow

1: Withdrawing from combat via Autotransport Defense: [roll4], [roll5]
2: Climb check: [roll6], DC Difficult. If it fails or she goes second, defense [roll7]
3: Moving 3ft and attempting to withdraw from combat. Can still be attacked right now, though
Mob is going to mob attack the leader and the climber. [roll8], [roll9]

Open bar: [roll10],[roll11],[roll12], [roll13]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-15, 01:53 AM
Ysabella stands screaming, giving off the image of a damsel in distress.
The black-clad woman reaches the wall in time, and begins her attempt to climb it. Try as she might though, she cannot get a grip on the the stone. She turns back on the incoming mass of people, a look of fear just on the edges of her eyes. Nobody can really see what's going on there clearly, though. Too many people in the way
As Julia shows her card, she feels the magic actually flowing properly this time. Everyone that she puts her focus on fades from view.
The head assasin, too, fades from view. His shadow wraps completely around him then closes, leaving nothing. Half a second later, though, the process happens in reverse, a thin strand of hair dragging him by the wrist that it is looped lightly around. He manages to slip out of it, but he has a more pressing matter to deal with now, the pressing weight of over 50 people pushing in around him. Ysabella gets pushed and shoved out of the way without them even realizing it. Assuming she wishes to do damage, assasin one takes 6.

New Round: Both outside assasins are suffering penalties for being in a crowded space, as will anyone else who wishes to engage them in melee.

wizuriel
2012-04-16, 11:50 AM
Ysabella smiles at the turn of events. That went better than I thought she thinks. She lashes out at the assassin and at least prevented him from escaping. Suddenly she is pushed out of way as the mob moves towards the assassin. Oh no!! He isn't getting away that easily she thinks and rushes into the fray.

Defense
1) [roll1]
2) [roll2]
3) [roll3]

fumbles:
[roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7]

actions:

Going try to get behind the assassin, if I can't get behind him will hold off attacking unless he tries to escape combat.

attack: [roll8]

littlebottom
2012-04-16, 05:13 PM
initiative [roll0]

Julia makes her way around (while maintaining invisibility) attempting to get around the crowd and behind one of the assassins cutting them off from a possible escape, preparing for a spell to catch him off guard if he runs.

essentially ill just gather a pool of mana, and if one tries to escape ill blam him with everything ive got :smallwink:

Malixe
2012-04-16, 06:30 PM
Vlanates casually listens to what goes on outside while watching the door. While very thankful for this time to regain his senses, but conflicted by everything going on outside.

Initiative; [roll0]

Vlanates maintains his position and plan as last time!

Attack; [roll1]

Defenses; [roll2], [roll3], [roll4]

Other Rolls [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]

Tome
2012-04-16, 09:00 PM
Tasha

Tasha snorts dismissively as the assassins attempt to flee. About time they realised how badly they failed - honestly, wearing black and attacking in broad daylight on a busy street? Are these really supposed to be professional killers? No matter, their secrets will be hers regardless.

Still seated in the shade, Tasha takes another sip of her drink. Her thoughts are more active, forcing her way into the mind of one the assassins. The explanation for this little event should be most interesting.

Using Mind Reading on the assassin that Tasha Impact'd earlier. Maintaining it in place of Psychic Illusion if successful.

Madness, it makes my world go round: [roll1]
Projection: [roll3]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-17, 06:39 AM
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]
3: [roll2]
mob: [roll3]

What happens to the first and second cannot be clearly seen, but sounds of a struggle can be heard. Ysabella can see the lead one, struggling to simultaneously hold off a mob and activate whatever ability he is hoping to make his escape with. The third struggles desparately to get away with his wounds before the handful of people able to clear the door can get through.

1: Defending against a mob and Ysabella [roll4], [roll5]
2: Still climbing: [roll6], Defense: [roll7]
3: Defense: [roll8]
Mob: Attack 1[roll9], 2[roll10], 3[roll11]

Open Bar, Free drinks for all!
[roll12], [roll13], [roll14], [roll15], [roll16]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-17, 07:08 AM
In a burst of inspiration, Tasha realizes the perfect way to form her matrices. Not wanting to wait a minute, she springs into setting it up around her target...but sadly, the perfect matrix turns out to be a delusion, which she barely staves off the side effects of.
The lead assasin has a similar wave of inspiration, bringing his shadows around himself in the exact pattern needed to stave off the first wave of assaults. Without being touched at all, he vanishes. Ysabella dives in desparately, but is too late to stop him.
With her power failing her Tasha does not get a personal view of the fate of the second one, but her scream does begin to emerge from the crowd.
The handful inside hold some basic logic. They can see a severed arm gripping a crossbow, along with a man lacking an arm, and come to the conclusion that he is the one who shot Vlanates. They are lacking a bit in speed, though, their assorted improvised arms colliding with the wall as he slips through to the other side. Before they can get their collective selves together enough to strike, though, Bernar steps forward and slams his fist into the man's face, leaving him unconcsious and lodged in the wall. Bernar inflicts 16 damage, deals an AAP of 26, and knocks his opponent unconcsious.

We are no longer in combat time
Vlanate's AAP subsides to -38
Bernar's action below is considered to have happened before the above text

The_Shaman
2012-04-17, 02:57 PM
Bernar tries to follow the assailant. After almost hitting someone who he was talking to, now this guy wants to get the heck out of here when things don't go his way? Well, that's just impolite. He pursues the man, trying to get to him - either with a sword, a fist, or a well-placed kick to the bottocks.

Hopefully, either he or one of the other people involved in this scuffle will have something more to say about what is going on. His morning is looking better already - now if it could only be a cloudy, breezy day...

Attack - not counting the bonus of the equipment, just the basic roll in case I need to pull a punch or something like that. The penalty for crowds is to be added later once I confirm what it is.
[roll0]

wizuriel
2012-04-20, 12:52 PM
Ysabella will start looking for Vlanates

[roll0]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-21, 05:39 AM
Even though you have a good idea of where he went, you cannot seem to spot Vlanates; it's like he's vanished from the face of the earth...

littlebottom
2012-04-22, 05:05 PM
Julia maintains her invisibility spell, going back to the stall where the drinks were bought, finding a spot out of sight, then dropping the spell. Till the time Julia drops the spell the rest remain invisible too.

(its up to shade how long it would take me to get back and find somewhere safe to drop the spell, it could take rounds upon rounds! :smallamused: or just a few seconds:smallsmile:)

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-22, 06:55 PM
The cry of the outside one eventually fades, though there is stll a crowd around where you suppose she is. The people inside are struggling to pull the one in the wall out, but he seems to have jammed there the moment he lost consiousness. In all the commotion, no-one has time to pay attention to an invisible woman, so Julia is able to safely dismiss her spell quickly.

Ysabella: Wait, there he is. He seems to be passed out in a pile of furnature
Vlanates: Take 1pt of bleed damage

wizuriel
2012-04-22, 07:04 PM
Argh this is not good. Ysabella looks around for anything that can help her stabilize Vlanates. She pulls out a strand of hair and wraps it around another strand. "This might string a little, and feel a little cold" she says as she attempts to patch him up. "Is there a doctor present?" she calls out.

medicine: [roll0]
Fumble: [roll1]

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-23, 06:26 PM
For a few seconds there is no responce, before a thin man carrying a black bag pushes his way through the crowd and heads towards Ysabella, announcing in a quiet voice, "I'm one, mam...Yer seem ter have stabilized him yerself, tho..."
Nonetheless, he does his best to clean and dress the wound, using equipment from his bag.

The_Shaman
2012-04-24, 04:09 AM
Bernar takes a moment to look around to see if there are any of the man's friends around, then wraps an arm around him and takes him to where the others were. "Hey Jenny!" he says loudly. "This is the guy who shot at you. Do you want him for something or do I just dump him somewhere for the guards to find?"

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-25, 06:27 AM
You give a good tug and hear the woodwork creaking slightly, but like everyone else you are unable to dislodge him from his position in the wall. He's not going anywhere.

littlebottom
2012-04-25, 06:15 PM
Bernar takes a moment to look around to see if there are any of the man's friends around, then wraps an arm around him and takes him to where the others were. "Hey Jenny!" he says loudly. "This is the guy who shot at you. Do you want him for something or do I just dump him somewhere for the guards to find?"

Julia thinks to herself for a moment on the fate of the man, but the day was young, and she couldnt waste it with all these ideas, fun as they were. "oh, Just let the guards find him. He will get what he deserves."

Julia smiles to all her new found friends "looks like we are all fine, but they dont look so good." She motions over to the man being attended to by a doctor, "Maybe we should see if they need a hand." Julia walks over to the scene.

"You need any help? Those guys seemed to have a grudge with you... any reason?"

The_Shaman
2012-04-26, 04:00 PM
Bernar thinks for a few moments, then shrugs. "Eh, so be it. Still, I think we should check if he has something particularly dangerous on him, in case he decides to try again. Do give me a hand, will you? You do not have to touch him anywhere you do not want to."

He sets the man down and goes to tapping around for any hidden weapons. He looks at Julia and beckons her. "Come on. With some luck, he may have some bandages or something on him."

Malixe
2012-04-26, 06:51 PM
Vlanates was now sprawled out on the most comfortable piece of furniture he could find, while the good doctor did whatever to his leg.

"Really, it's hard to say I feel any more pain than when it started... Hey, could you hand me that bolt? I'd like a keepsake," Vlanates was still pleasantly smiling, though one might notice his very careful attempts to avoid looking at the gory limb. That, and keeping it perfectly still. When at last the young card-reading girl approached him, he simply laughed.

"I'd be surprised if they did. And do you mean right now, or in general? Because right now all I need is a crutch," He almost attempted to cross his legs, but that wouldn't work now... "And yet, I think a captive would be equally helpful. Why don't you go help your friend, and we'll discuss thank yous in a bit?"

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-26, 07:36 PM
After about a minute and a half you find a set of four papers in his shirt pocket. Each has a sketch of a man on it, three young and one old. They all have the slight resemblance to each other that you would expect of family, one also looking extremely similar to Mr. Vlanates. The old man has been crossed out.

wizuriel
2012-04-26, 08:59 PM
Ysabella will appear along side Vlanates and whisper to him.

"This is proving more dangerous than I was originally hired for. Word appears to have been leaked of your mission. You know who any of those men were? "

The_Shaman
2012-04-27, 02:52 AM
Bernar picks up the little piece of paper, disarms him just to be sure he's not a problem if he should wake up too soon, and leaves him to check up on the others. "Nothing too useful on him. Seems he was on a job, though," he says, keeping a poker face on. "I am guessing this one is you," he adds, giving the papers to Vlanates.

littlebottom
2012-04-27, 03:17 PM
"Some one wants you dead, I'm guessing your father died recently, from the picture, I'm sorry if i am the one breaking the news." After remaining silent for a moment she continues

"Looks like you might need some help after all. I think you might enjoy my company." She winks "Of course, i shant follow you if you dont want, but the offer is there, and a man who is wanted dead often tends to be in a position unable to choose allies."

Malixe
2012-04-27, 10:17 PM
"Yes, I don't think we had you substantially briefed for supernatural assassins. We assumed you'd only need to fend off the regular kind. No, none of them seemed too familiar to me. If there were a chance I could have known them, they might have better hidden their faces..." He waded through the surf of potentially heart-breaking information while dusting his leather shirt.

"Yes, there's me and father. Foreigners are you?" He said with a small smile, "Well I'm by no means short of help... But the two of you do seem to be of a more remarkable disposition," Finally, looking around at the group which crowded at his sides he sighed, "... No one?... Fine..." With a great heave, he pushed himself too his feet, heavily favoring his non-injured leg.

"Oh, greater things... A crutch, all I ask..."

littlebottom
2012-04-28, 06:05 PM
"Ah well, you dont need a crutch with me around." Julia walks to his bad side and puts his arm over her shoulder, "Just lean on me as we walk. Lets get out of the open for now incase any more are around."

Shade Kerrin
2012-04-30, 06:48 AM
The mob has more or less dispersed by this point in time. A couple of the younger boys who were among them are half-heartedly kicking at the twitching form of the woman, though they have the sense to run off at the sound of the approaching city guard. Nobody is touching the man, they don't seem to know what to do about a man who is half-phased into a wall.
The mood of the people still about has become solomn, while the bells continue their slow tolling.

Depending on Julia's definition of 'out of the open,' she has a few choices of location. There are a handful of alleyways that don't look occupied at the moment. If she is willing to look, there is probably a shop nearby that might be quiet enough for her needs. Finally, the room she is renting is conveniently only about a minute away.

littlebottom
2012-04-30, 07:13 PM
Julia will lead him (and the rest if they want to come) back to her rented room.

Malixe
2012-05-01, 11:52 PM
"Suppose I should be doubly thankful, then... Where are we going?- Come on Izzy! Be... Watchful, I suppose," He could move slightly faster with Julia as his crutch, but was very pleased to find that he wasn't quite so hindered as he expected. He could put weight on the leg, though it hurt like nuts.

When at last they arrived at her 'room', his first priority was a look around. Slowly turning (While hopping on one foot), he placing his hands in his pockets and smiled, "Yeah... This is out of the way... So, your not planning to assassinate me, are you?" Said Vlanates, turning to her with a very tiny smile, as if he half believed it were a possibility.

The_Shaman
2012-05-02, 12:01 PM
Bernar gives Julia a hand in leading the man towards her place, looking around with some curiosity. Whatever happened there must have been quite interesting, he hasn't come across all that many assassinations in his career. There may be something interesting here. "So... why were these men after you?" he asked along the way.

At Julia's room, he too looked around, studying it quickly to get a glimpse of what it showed about her. "Well, no, I'm not planning to assassinate you. You too, right?" he asked, looking around. His companions did not strike him as the assassin sort, but you never know with foreigners.

wizuriel
2012-05-02, 02:05 PM
As soon as Ysabella sees strangers other than the doctor she will step back and blend into the shadows.

Argh what is he doing? First we get jumped by assassins now he is letting strangers lead him around"

As soon as she sees the party head towards a room she sighs and knows she has to act and can't let them bring him in there alone.

"Oh my god are you okay?" she exclaims walking towards Vlanates. I'm Dr Yolanda, it looks like you folk could use some patching up

(Anyone who saw Ysabella fighting needs to make a MR 100 check)

Tome
2012-05-03, 07:54 PM
Tasha

"Gah, out of way" Tasha snarls at the volunteer, barging in to attend to Vlanates' wounds herself, "Will do by self. Does no one know how to dress wounds anymore? Bah, all incompetent". After all, anyone worth assassinating - even if the assassins are incompetent - has to know something interesting, and an explanation is quite warranted in these circumstances.

"Hmm? No, not assassin. Profit ratio is terrible. Doctor, field researcher, name Tasha" she mumbles in response to her newest patient's query, more concerned with examining the wounds and the treatment already administered. "Look at dressing, terrible! Will have to redo. Warning, may sting" comes further mutterings as she picks at the, in her opinion, quite rudimentary bandaging. The contact also incidentally serves as an opening for her to throw out another tendril of thought, hoping to dredge some answers as she works. "No, attending to injuries just fine" she snaps off as yet another doctor appears out of the shadows. Though why was a doctor lurking in the shadows?

"Hah! Now, tell me where it hurts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLM_LIjIGP4&t=57s)"

Whoo! Time to stretch those Secondary Abilities I dumped all those points into.

Tasha is going to try and patch up Vlanates. Well, first she's going to try and read his mind, then she's going to try and patch him up.

Using Mind Reading at +20 Potential for touching, maintaining if successful.

The Madgirl, she has the Spark: [roll0]
Potential: [roll1]
Projection: [roll2]

Medicine: [roll3]

littlebottom
2012-05-07, 07:28 PM
When at last they arrived at her 'room', his first priority was a look around. Slowly turning (While hopping on one foot), he placing his hands in his pockets and smiled, [COLOR="SeaGreen"]"Yeah... This is out of the way... So, your not planning to assassinate me, are you?" Said Vlanates, turning to her with a very tiny smile, as if he half believed it were a possibility.

"If I was trying to assassinate you, I wouldnt have shown you my face" Julia smiles at him. "you can lie down on my bed if you like. So, do you even know why your family is wanted dead? If not any ideas where we could look to find out?"

Malixe
2012-05-07, 08:18 PM
Vlanates was about to respond, when suddenly every door in the place flew open and he was swarmed with more medics. It didn't take long before he was made to sit on the bed, "Uhm... I'm glad you don't mind..." Muttered Vlanates, voice still level. To Tasha he gave a slightly nervous smile and nodded. Yet to 'Doctor Yolanda', he simply pursed his lips ," Well, yes... Uhm... Please do. If at all possible, I'd like a neat and orderly line," He'd need one, if any more 'doctors' enters the room.

"I'm honestly not sure who would want me dead... But I have a decent idea as to why..." He replied, making himself comfortable upon the bed. Vlanates observed this potention miracle worker, who was now re-arranging the bandages already in place. As long as he wasn't bleeding... But... He only knew so much about medicine himself... As he explained, Vlanates leaned forward, to watch her work... And try to get a handle on her muttering.

"As it stands, I'm en route to the countryside. I've got some very important information stored on my person," He seemed... Strangely amused, watching Tasha. When finally she finished her work and looked up from his leg, Vlanates looked at her, smiled, and leaned back, "She's my favorite," He said cheerfully.

The Mind:
Despite being very calm on the outside, Vlanates actually seemed to be experiencing very mixed patterns of thought inside. Most of it was just jumbled thoughts of the assassins. But when Julia asked about why his family would be wanted dead, his thoughts very quickly flashed to a Gem.

"Best to not spread that around, if they're looking for money," He thought. However, for some reason Vlanates seemed adamant to push it from his mind. Not before Tasha getting a feeling of dire importance, though.

"Usually this would be a much more cheerful situation. Surrounded in women, all the attention,"

"I wonder how many times Izzy would stab me for that thought,"

"What...? What? Speak up!"

"She talks like... Well, like a text book..."

"... Hah!,"

littlebottom
2012-05-07, 08:25 PM
"As it stands, I'm en route to the countryside. I've got some very important information stored on my person," He seemed... Strangely amused, watching Tasha. When finally she finished her work and looked up from his leg, Vlanates looked at her, smiled, and leaned back, "She's my favorite," He said cheerfully.

at this Julia pouts "Just because she put some bandages on your leg, humph"

"Well, you could use some body guards im sure, or atleast some extra eyes on the look out while you go to the countryside with this information."

The_Shaman
2012-05-08, 04:07 AM
The large man at the back leaves the strange women to do their work, perhaps slightly envying the new guy. "The lady's right - a bit of extra protection on your way could be a good thing. Speaking of which - countryside?" he looked at the man quizzically, with a pronouncination as if he were rolling the last word in his mouth. "There isn't exactly much of a countryside to visit around here, unless you are really hard up for some sand."

Malixe
2012-05-10, 10:22 PM
Vlanates folded his arms as he listened to their offers. Yes, this was exactly what he needed. But, and Tasha would inevitably be able to tell, he wasn't about to let it go so easily, "Oh there are a grand number of oasis and grasslands in the outskirts but... Yes... I'm very excited for some sand," He smiled, "Mostly, because it's a big empty place where one can easily get lost in,"

After a moment, he decided to respond to their offers, "I do suppose that, after reviewing the incidents of today, I could do with a few more... Uhm... Sets of Eyes. I could pay each of you sums of gold now, but I admit that proper compensation will only be granted at the end of a long road,"

littlebottom
2012-05-11, 06:13 PM
"I didn't mention anything about being payed, but now that you mention it, that will do nicely!" Julia giggles, real money for a change? how could she say no!

wizuriel
2012-05-11, 07:23 PM
Well I'm not much of a fighter, but if you need an extra pair of hands and eyes I could assist you.

Malixe
2012-05-12, 09:09 PM
Vlanates smiled at their reactions, "Well, if you didn't take payment that sure would be suspicious to me," He said cheerfully, "Now I'm sure you're all very nice and that there's more introduction to be made, but I wish to instill into all of you a sense of urgency. Those who have come must surely not be the last, hmm?" Scanning the room, the man sighed heavily, "Transportation would be first order..."

The_Shaman
2012-05-16, 10:20 AM
"Sounds good, I wouldn't bother if you didn't pay anyway." Bernar shrugged and looked at the man curiously as he mentioned "transportation." "If I understand right, you want to go in the desert. Do you have something specific in mind?"

wizuriel
2012-05-18, 02:07 PM
I will need to grab some supplies before heading out. When and where?

littlebottom
2012-05-18, 06:43 PM
"In an hour, meet back here, then we will head off, yeah?" Julia says to everyone, although phrased as a question, its more of a order.

"I dont like the desert, you get sand in... in... places." Julia shudders at the thought, even more so given her actual attire.

Shade Kerrin
2012-05-22, 06:30 PM
Without too much hassle, you are able to gather any supplies you might feel you need for a trip into the desert, and quickly manage to get on to the Western road out of the city, along with a pack-camel. Whether he feels this is a good or a bad thing, Vlanates knows that the most direct path to the final destination will take you along a main road for the first half, where you will be accompanied by travelling merchants and regular guard patrols.

The mood of the city was a lot more sombre as you headed out. It was fairly easy to note that the kingdom's flags were all hanging at half-mast , while anyone who saw Vlanates would give a respectful nod and keep out of his way.

Feel free to post any actions you might take before, during or after the described scenery. Oh, and make sure to give me your shopping lists.

littlebottom
2012-05-23, 05:26 PM
After the shopping trip, Julia comes back in a white dress, with a white-with-a-hint-of-pink jacket, the skirt extends down to a little below her knees, her legs are covered though, with a thin fabric trouser, for more practical reasons. to go along with this, a wide brimmed straw hat sits upon her head, offering shade.

after they had been traveling a while, Julia speaks up "Hmm, Why does everyone keep nodding at you, you well known around these parts?" Julia ventures.

she hasnt actually bought anything, she just used the time that no one was with her to change her image as people seemed somewhat suspicious of her last set of clothing, admittedly, anyone who can see though it can still see what she is actually wearing, if someone saw through it before, they should get a bonus to seeing through it again now that they have reason to believe it is an illusion. technically it should be rolls again, but whatever, i'm not that fussed if someone finds out, she then just has to explain herself :smallamused:

Malixe
2012-05-25, 04:17 PM
"Nothing in particular. I have camels ready if any of you actually need one," Vlanates now stood up without assistance. It still hurt like a dozen knives, but it was almost manageable, "I just need to get downstairs and find a boy honest-looking enough to be a messenger," He took a few plainly uncomfortable steps towards the door, but suddenly halted, and turned to Julia.

"My lady, that brings me no surprise considering your state of dress," Very casually he took her hand, kissed the knuckle, and turned it over in his, "You may find it much easier after another trip to the market," Wasting no time at all, he turned and continued out in search of a messenger, leaving her payment in her hand.

----

Now outside, Vlanates had decided it might be better to ride for the first few miles. Or until his leg had mended, whichever came first. He had spent his time giving small smiles to those that nodded to him so gravely. But whenever Vlanates found himself unoccupied, he'd simply stare on ahead flatly.

"Oh, you might say such a thing," He said, another smile smile appearing on his face, "As a noble of the desert, ancient stories speak of how our blood is bound to the oasis. The first family who attempted to cross the desert was unprepared, and would have died. So, they pleaded with the spirits of earth to intervene. They answered the unfortunate families call, and formed an oasis from the dried sands. However, the family had to agree that they would live within the oasis forevermore. While we remain, we live long and are healthy. But to leave is to curse ourselves. Our only destiny to wither and die in the far off reaches of the world..." Vlanates sighed and leaned forward on his mount, "So I imagine they see a dead man,"
Just to see~!
[roll0]

By the way, according to my Social Position wealth, I actually do have a number of camels or horses that we can use. Also, I think food is already in there so... No shopping spree. I'm good ^^

How many characters do we have minus Izzy? Gotta figure out what my travel costs will be ^^

littlebottom
2012-05-25, 05:36 PM
"So, does that mean this is your first time leaving the city?" Julia guesses from extrapilation.

Malixe
2012-05-26, 01:04 AM
Vanates could not help but stare for a moment, and then shake his head. Not the reaction he'd hoped for, "No, none of that was true. I think that the might be showing sympathy for my fallen father,"

littlebottom
2012-05-26, 07:02 AM
"Well, if we dont get moving quicker, then they might be having to show sympathy for your death before long. We have no idea if anyone who is trying to kill you is on our tail."

wizuriel
2012-05-26, 04:57 PM
Ysabella will use the time to try and gather supplies.

She will return to the group leading a pack mule loaded with all sorts of bags holding her clothes and other belongings. She will have taken off her black cloak wearing just the blue dress she had on earlier.

for anyone looking the dress will repair remarkable clean for being out in the desert and Ysabella herself will appear to look rather unaffected by heat)

She will approach Vlanates right away. "Ah my lord Vlanates, I've gathered a few things to better assist you on your journey"

littlebottom
2012-05-26, 06:50 PM
"waaaaaaaait, Lord? You're more important than you are letting on aren't you? Although i guess i can't blame you for keeping quiet about it, just how important are you?" Julia asks, now happy to have been given quite a blunt clue to persue in conversation, makes things easier than speculation and keeping quiet about it.

The_Shaman
2012-06-06, 02:23 AM
Bernar shakes his head at the "dead man" phrase. "I would expect that if someone hired assassins for you, they might be willing to do more about it than trust an old prophecy about your death. Do you have a good idea about who was behind that scuffle in the market?"