PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Concealing Weapons

Cardea
2012-03-18, 08:10 PM
So, lets say you are a level 6 Druid. You now have a Wyvern Tail. It is a normal Wyvern Tail. For purposes of this thread, you are a Human, the tail is three feet long, it has poison.

How would you conceal it? Either through a clothing trick or a spell available to the Druid.

Flickerdart
2012-03-18, 08:16 PM
The same way you conceal any weapon - Sleight of Hand checks.

Ryulin18
2012-03-19, 07:37 AM
The same way you conceal any weapon - Sleight of Hand checks.

More like Sleight of tail...

My opinion is that nothing can't be hidden with an all purpose, all singing, all dancing ROBE!

Deepbluediver
2012-03-19, 07:56 AM
How flexible is a wyvern's tail? Rather than letting it dangle, I would try curling it around my waist and hiding it with loose clothing; I think that would be less likely to pop out at inconvenient times or trip some one.

Person_Man
2012-03-19, 08:41 AM
If the Wyvern's Tail is a weapon that you can detatch from your body, then it's a Sleight of Hand check to conceal it, opposed by the Spot check(s) of everyone that looks at you.

If the Wyvern's Tail is part of your physical body, I would rule that it would be a Disguise check to conceal it, also opposed by the Spot check(s) of everyone that looks at you.

Rejusu
2012-03-19, 09:19 AM
Do you even need to conceal it? I mean this is a fantasy world where much stranger things exist. I'm sure a wyverns tail isn't going to realistically draw that much attention.

If you need to conceal it then obviously the easy answer is to just have it under a loose robe. It should be fairly hard for someone to notice it then. The other option is to disguise it as a DIFFERENT kind of tail. Buy some animal furs and wrap it up in them to make it look like a wolfs tail or something similar.

Or you know being a Druid you could always wildshape into a cat.

Person_Man
2012-03-19, 12:24 PM
Or you know being a Druid you could always wildshape into a cat.

I doubt this true in this particular example, but it 3.5 if you Wildshape into another form but have a natural weapon derived from a Feat or other class ability (such as a soulmeld) you retain that natural weapon, since your Feats and other class abilities continue to function. So it would be a cat with a Wyvern Tail. Which would be hilariously awesome.