PDA

View Full Version : Rules Clarification: Sundering a held object

Achernar
2012-03-18, 10:00 PM
...In the Pathfinder system specifically, but 3.5 is equally vague on this subject, what is the AC of a held item? Is it the holder's AC? Some special number? I've done a lot of looking, and have come up with just about nil. I am designing a heavy-armor juggernaut for my PCs to fight, and I want them to have some ways of reducing his bite a little bit like breaking his Guisarme or damaging his armor, etc.

Since the fight is happening during a siege, there are also siege engines about like sows/tortoises and rams that need firing and smashing. Are these objects "attended" for the purposes of reflex saves?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

~Tom

tyckspoon
2012-03-18, 10:02 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#sunder

Weapons: Opposed attack roll against the wielder. Weapon's actual AC is irrelevant.

Non-weapon objects: 10+ object size modifier + carrier's Dex mod.

Pathfinder:
Roll Combat Maneuver Bonus against the enemy's Combat Maneuver Defense. *Every* special combat tactic in Pathfinder works like this- it doesn't matter if you're trying to trip, grapple, break an item they have, pull something away. Roll CMB against a target number of enemy CMD.

Achernar
2012-03-18, 10:05 PM
Wow, speedy service! :smallcool:

OK, that cleans up the 3.5 end of it. I guess that means in PF it revolves around their CMD. That should be his weakness then.

Thanks for the fingerwalking, tyk. :smallbiggrin: