PDA

View Full Version : Manticore's Sting

VGLordR2
2012-03-18, 11:05 PM
Hey, guys. I have been working on a character that specializes in throwing lots of daggers. As I was looking around on the Internet, I came across a feat called Manticore's Sting. I tried to find a description of the feat online. I found a D&D Toolshop entry for it, but all it gives is some flavor text, followed by the obviously misplaced rules for fall damage. Can anyone tell me what book I can find this feat in? Or better yet, what the feat's prerequisites and benefits are? Any information helps. Thanks a lot.

tyckspoon
2012-03-18, 11:12 PM
Dragonmarked, an Eberron book dealing with the Dragonmark Houses. It's on page 44; supposed to be a House Kundark feat, but that requirement should probably be ignored if you're not playing in Eberron. It's basically Manyshot for thrown weapons.

VGLordR2
2012-03-18, 11:13 PM
Awesome. Thanks a lot. This has been driving me nuts for days.

Zaq
2012-03-19, 02:22 AM
Dragonmarked, an Eberron book dealing with the Dragonmark Houses. It's on page 44; supposed to be a House Kundark feat, but that requirement should probably be ignored if you're not playing in Eberron. It's basically Manyshot for thrown weapons.

Huh. I wonder why they didn't bother to put it in the feat section? I understand when you have books that just have two or three feats but don't have a proper feat section, but that's very much not the case with Dragonmarked. Bizarre.

Answerer
2012-03-19, 06:24 PM
There have been a few odd feats like that. Hidden Talent (though at least that was explicitly a variant, which explains its placement), and I think the original printing of Graft Flesh (Fiend Folio, IIRC) was in the grafts section rather than with the other feats (though it really wasn't a feat-heavy book by any means, I seem to recall it having one).