PDA

View Full Version : Sealand, sans Shamu (PF Campaign Setting, WIP, PEACH)

Spekari
2012-03-19, 01:16 AM
So, this is my first crack at making a campaign setting. The core concept of it basically being mega Ocean-land was inspired by The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and I'm basically just taking the idea and running with it. :smalltongue:

Here's what I've got so far:

Technology Level-
Varies by island. Some are very primitive and tribal, most are middle ages-ish, and a few are more on the Steampunk side.

Races-
Racial tensions exist between the ever-common Humans and Elves. Half-elves are thus rare and looked down upon. Dwarves, Gnomes, and Halflings also exist (not sure what role they'll fill yet). Orcs are seen as savage and are almost exclusively found on the primitive, tribal islands.

Geography-
Large ocean. Lots of untamed islands (and few civilized ones).

Classes-
Rogues are typically encountered as thieves in towns or pirates on the high seas. Most Fighters are members of a Town's police force/navy or some such. They are commonly called upon to protect their homes from the savage Barbarians and Pirates and they commonly accompany vessels to protect them from these threats.

Bards often stick to their hometowns, acting as entertainers. Clerics usually worship the god of the sea and stay put in their towns. Druids and Rangers are usually found in the untamed wilderness.

nyarlathotep
2012-03-19, 04:15 PM
If you want some help on this I could offer it but only if you tell us the intended tone and type of campaign you want. Was the world always a giant ocean? If not what caused it to be that way now? If you're already picking out most classes as sedentary what are the PCs supposed to play etc.?