PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need Monsters quick!

Anecronwashere
2012-03-19, 11:49 AM
Hey Playgrounders, thanks in advance for responding with undoubtably helpful posts.

I need several monsters, no thematic prereqs, for a Shapeshifter I'm making.
Everything is gained so gimme all the abilities and stat boosts you have. I'm adding pretty much the whole monster on the Shapeshifter Chassis.

Requirements for all of them:
-Good CHA. My main stat on the other abilities are CHA-Based so this can't be dumped. This can be waivered if the monster in question is incredibly good at it's niche.
-20HD or less. LA, HD, RHD, so long as it's legal and is less than 21HD (20 or less) it's good. Template-Stacking is encouraged
-Natural Attacks: The more the better.
-Between (and including) DIminuative and Gargantuan

Unneccesarry (but can be included):
-Flight
-Fast Movement
-Ranged Attacks

Monsters I need:

Monster A:
-High Strength
-High To-Hit
-Optional: High AC/Deflection Boni
Optional: Cool Abilities

Monster B:
-High Dex
-High AC
-Optional: Cool Abilities

Monster C:
High Con
High AC
DR/Regen

Monster D:
High Saves
Ways of stopping Spells and Supernatural

Monster E-F:
Wis, Cha and Int respectively.
Lotsa skill boosts on Int

Monster G:
Lots and Lots of Natural Attacks. Like load up the monster with the most natural attacks, then stack attack-increasing Templates ontop.

Posting Template:

Monster: A-G
List of Race/Templates:
Base Race:
Template1:
Template2:
? Str
? Dex
? Con
? Wis
? Cha
? Int
AC:
Saves:
DR/Regen:
Skills:
Abilities:

Thank you for helping me.

Private
2012-03-19, 11:55 AM
I'll try to start working on a list, but can you post your build, just so I know what we're working with? Is this just for Shapechange (the spell)?

Edit 1: The reason the build is important is because you say that you get "everything" from the Monster, but that typically isn't true of any form of Shapechanging. Also, regarding your need for a high CHA, typical methods of changing shape keep all your mental statistics, but alter the physical, meaning your CHA stays the same.

Anecronwashere
2012-03-19, 12:07 PM
it's a lvl30 Tristalt using lots of homebrew stuff.

But basically Wis to AC, Ref to AC, CHA goes to a lot of features I like and I can overlay 20HD of monster on myself.
Due to a dip in Demigod (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144942) all my Modifiers are my Scores giving 2x (or 2x +1 on odd scores)

I get a lot from more natural attacks and more Charisma and i already have Flight.

From the creatures I get their stat modifiers (-10/11 as normal), their EX, Su and Sp Abilities, their Type, any bonuses they have that don't come from their Type Levels (so no BAB or Ref Save unless it's over what they would get as a creature of their Type and stat mod) and their casting.

Private
2012-03-19, 12:40 PM
it's a lvl30 Tristalt using lots of homebrew stuff.

But basically Wis to AC, Ref to AC, CHA goes to a lot of features I like and I can overlay 20HD of monster on myself.
Due to a dip in Demigod (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144942) all my Modifiers are my Scores giving 2x (or 2x +1 on odd scores)

I get a lot from more natural attacks and more Charisma and i already have Flight.

From the creatures I get their stat modifiers (-10/11 as normal), their EX, Su and Sp Abilities, their Type, any bonuses they have that don't come from their Type Levels (so no BAB or Ref Save unless it's over what they would get as a creature of their Type and stat mod) and their casting.

If you are level 30 "tristalt" I don't imagine anything from the basic books with a HD limit of 20 is going to do much. I can only recommend using a 20 headed hydra, which gets 20 attacks, lots of NA, and Fast Healing.

Anecronwashere
2012-03-19, 12:49 PM
I can hold my own pretty well normally.

Right now I'm getting 50+ Attacks, all x4 due to Iteratives.
But with my shapeshifting I want to add more and stronger attacks (a couple D6s +Str won't do much, unless I can pump up even more). I also need to pump my stats as I have:
Str +7
Dex +9
Con +13
Wis +10
Int +9
Cha +28
These are the Modifiers.