PDA

View Full Version : Could the Eastern Gods be brought back?

silvadel
2012-03-19, 01:06 PM
I mean if for whatever reason people in OOTS decided to worship Zeus -- could he end up reformed? Or would that get them A Zeus not The Zeus?

KoboldRevenge
2012-03-19, 01:20 PM
Well either they'd need to just happen to think of exactly the same god's and names to be mostly brought back.

Or the existing god's would have to put it into peoples minds their own memory of the Eastern gods.

Finagle
2012-03-19, 01:24 PM
No. Absolutely not. They were unmade. Forget it. Just like the Yugo, they ain't comin' back.

There was something in some D&D ruleset about clerics of dead gods. It wasn't pretty...something for disposable NPCs only.

JSSheridan
2012-03-19, 02:02 PM
Begin epileptic tree

The Snarl story is false. The eastern gods didn't want to share the world w/ the other pantheons, so they created the Snarl to fake their deaths. Once the new world was created, they reshaped the Snarl into their own world.

End

lorddrake
2012-03-19, 02:37 PM
No. Absolutely not. They were unmade. Forget it. Just like the Yugo, they ain't comin' back.

There was something in some D&D ruleset about clerics of dead gods. It wasn't pretty...something for disposable NPCs only.

I actually think UrPriest would be sad if he read this... :smalleek:

Menarker
2012-03-19, 02:37 PM
Interesting theory except that Soon's wife was supposably killed by whatever resides in the rift. So we can probably assume that the Snarl entity exists to some extent. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0275.html)

Alternative extension of your theory (that I don't actually believe in) is that the Snarl is the metaphorial guard dog for the world which may or may not be under the Eastern God's control. It may seem like a mass of total chaos like commonly believed, but obedience to an unseen master can seem very much like chaos from an inside perspective...

Morty
2012-03-19, 02:46 PM
I think there's really a whole lot about the Snarl we don't know about. Based on Shojo's story, I'd say no - but Shojo's story likely didn't tell us everything.

Mr. Pants
2012-03-19, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure the Snarl destroyed their souls :smallfrown: