PDA

View Full Version : Let's build: Assassin Creed Guy! I must do it!

Snowbluff
2012-03-19, 01:18 PM
Okay, so I've been playing a lot of Soul Cal lately, so forgive my unfortunately uncharacteristically uninspired character concept here. I want to make an Assassin. A really BA, Assassin's Creed style, hard-core, parkour murderer. :smallcool:

This got started when I looked at the screen and thought "I know how to do this!". This is my first sneaky, please bare with me here:smallbiggrin:. This's what I got so far:

The Weapon:
Gnome QuickrazorRaces of Stone, 154
Refluffed as Hidden Blade.

Possibly TWF, to increase output.
Possibly put Aptitude, grow some claws (IDK how, Draconic feats maybe?), Get Rapidstrike for more Hits.

Ooooh, and a Hand Crossbow!

The Skills:
Mostly decided for fluff reasons. :P
Jump, Tumble, and Climb to help me get around those pesky tops.

Iaijutsu is a skill, right? Nothing like says "Assassinated" like pulling out the knife on an unsuspecting foe and dropping him in one hit. I'd like to know more, does anyone have a good source for this?

Bluff, maybe some diplomacy.

Disguise. I loves me some Disguise.

Sleight of Hand and Hide, for awesomeness sake.

No Pick Lock. Just to mess with my party. :smallbiggrin:

Knowledge Local for fluff and for possible Knowledge Devotion.

I might pick up and Item Familiar (Cheesy, I know) and Human Paragon to keep some skills (Iaijutsu, probably) on my list.

Damage and Class Stuff, pragmatism, etc:
Let's start with the blatand abuse. I'll be taking 4 levels in Expert, spaced out, for the Sneak Attack abilities from Unearthed Arcana. +9d6 SA. Also, I'll to get Iaijutsu as a skill.

Sneak Attack Optimization would be great.

Iaijutsu Optimization would be good here as well.

A way to make people flat footed. I am thinking about abusing some Aptitude Weapon with the Weapon Style Feats from Complete Warrior. How this will work is up to DM's discretion, as Aptitude Weapon is too vague and ambiguous for a definite ruling to be determined, imho.

I am thinking about picking up Shadow Dancer for my requisite Hide in Plain Sight (All sneakies go for this, right?) Levels in Assassin would do this as well, but I don't know about messing with Alignment and how useful SD is.

Knowledge Devotion (Local) would be cool, because knowing something about your mark giving you extra damage is cool.

So, if any of you have any thoughts or sources I can use, I'd appreciate it!

I know I tend to leave my topics open ended, but, like I said, bear with me on this.

Soranar
2012-03-19, 01:34 PM
You've basically described a Factotum.

they have access to any skill (including iajutsu focus)

they're intelligence based

they can go into bullet speed

there's even a build centered on using a gnomish quickrazor

Snowbluff
2012-03-19, 03:43 PM
You've basically described a Factotum.

they have access to any skill (including iajutsu focus)

they're intelligence based

they can go into bullet speed

there's even a build centered on using a gnomish quickrazor

Oh! There is an idea. I was going to dump Wis and Str, and give Int 4th billing on stats, but I'll take a look at it. Looking at it now, I might dip. I like Sneak Attack and Death Attack from Expert and Assassin, and Damage is the priority on this, so I don't know how far I'll go into it.

This brings up somethign else very important. Getting Abilities added to other things. Factotum is great at this, but I think I can squeeze a little more out of other classes/feats as well.:smallbiggrin:

Hurrashane
2012-03-19, 04:27 PM
Thief Acrobat from the complete adventurer is a pretty good Assassin's creed style guy, IIRC.

So like... Rogue -> Thief Acrobat -> Assassin?

Maybe something like that?

Edit: Just read it over, and it's pretty much the parkour aspects of the Assassin's creed Assassins. They get the ability to take 10 on most acrobatic skills, move at full speed while balancing, not flat footed while balancing... Adds to the flavor of their assassins quite well.

Snowbluff
2012-03-19, 05:12 PM
Thief Acrobat from the complete adventurer is a pretty good Assassin's creed style guy, IIRC.

So like... Rogue -> Thief Acrobat -> Assassin?

Maybe something like that?

Edit: Just read it over, and it's pretty much the parkour aspects of the Assassin's creed Assassins. They get the ability to take 10 on most acrobatic skills, move at full speed while balancing, not flat footed while balancing... Adds to the flavor of their assassins quite well.

Absolutely perfect. Even a single level dip provides excellent bonuses to the fluff skills. :smallbiggrin:

I hope this'll fit though. I am looking at 5 levels of Iaijutsu Master, 4 of Expert, at at least 1 Human Paragon, 8 in Assassin or some in Shadow Dancer.