PDA

View Full Version : Help with an I Am The Mount Build (or other unusual/cheesy builds)

Quirken
2012-03-19, 03:22 PM
I'm about to join a fairly high powered level 17 campaign. When I say high powered, I should probably clarify by mentioning that our cleric is actually Pelor. Not a cleric of Pelor, Pelor (in a level 17 form, though). He gives himself his own spells. He can cast miracle at will with no material cost. Granted, he doesn't do that "because it would attract the attention of other gods who are significantly more powerful than him."

Point being, there's a fair amount of cheese going on, and as a result, apparently the monsters that are going to get thrown at us are very strong. They party says they typically run away from about half of their encounters to prep, because they learned early on to do that or die.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME PUN-PUN BUILDS OR EQUIVALENT. Min-maxing is great. But my DM isn't crazy. High powered doesn't mean "make something that outshines even Pelor." The goal is to be high-powered, not to break things more than they already are. This isn't full Pelor so much as a shadow of Pelor with some deity stuff but not invincible. This is a Pelor who has been thwarted by anti-magic fields and is currently working on ways of getting around it. Rule of thumb is that if you'd never in a million years allow it as a DM, it's probably not allowed here. If it's pushing the boundaries, then it's a possibility.

*breath*

I'm currently thinking an "I Am The Mount" build would be fun. Basically, a sentient "mount" that pretends to be dumb while telepathically/magically/whatever controlling a comparatively stupid rider. The other players and NPCs would at least initially think the rider was my character. It might be fun to have a Fiend-of-Possession rider, but that'd be way cooler if the rider was Dvati, which would require a large "mount." (And while I don't know the DM that well, having a cohort character being a FoP Dvati is something I'd never allow when I was DMing...)

DM allowing, I think it'd be cool to play a Fleshraker, but I'm not convinced the 4 racial HD is worth it for the pounce & extra stuff, given how highly powered this campaign is. Would I be better off stacking leadership+animal companion+special mount, and just RPing as though my mount was my main character?

And even then, I'm really not fully sure what to do with it. I want to be sufficiently powerful that I keep up with Pelor and the others, but not be overwhelmed by the sheer number of abilities I have at such a high level.

The Sidewinder Monk from Dragon 331 looks pretty good flavor wise, but only really becomes good when you add in pounce, and even then, pales compared to Pelor. (Basically, it's a monk mixed with bits of rogue. By level 20, it has an additional bite attack 5 times per day, one of which has a save-or-die, +6d6 sneak attack damage, and +9 to bluff. It misses out on Slow Fall, Empty Body, Quivering Palm, Abundant Step, and has a restricted set of bonus feats)

I'm not set on the "I am the Mount" build concept. Mostly I just want a weird and quirky, but powerful character.

The Glyphstone
2012-03-19, 03:25 PM
Uh....you're not going to be able to compete with a Greater Deity in your party no matter what you do. Unless you mean it's a level 17 Cleric who RPs as a depowered Pelor.

Quirken
2012-03-19, 03:28 PM
Uh....you're not going to be able to compete with a Greater Deity in your party no matter what you do. Unless you mean it's a level 17 Cleric who RPs as a depowered Pelor.

Well, in the gameworld, "Pelor" got killed by another god, and the Champion of Pelor basically assumed his identity. He's still afraid of dying, and dying is a possibility for him. I'm not really sure on what the limitations are, but I'd say he's probably depowered some, given he's afraid of dying. He's still level 17, but he's got some hefty extra power due to RP stuff.

And I'm less trying to compete with him than I just want to try and keep up with the rest of the party. The weakest member does 6+9d12 sneak attack damage per hit and is tiny sized (guaranteed denied dex, basically. And that's a flat 6, not d6). And that character is Pelor's secondary character since until now they only had 3 players. It wasn't a real player character.

As an addendum, apparently they're currently in the process of fighting more than 30 beholders. The bard is bleeding out, the wizard is playing dead, and they've killed about 8 (mostly through the aforementioned rogue, plus the barbarian). "Pelor" is telling me their biggest weakness as a party is anti-magic fields.

Piggy Knowles
2012-03-19, 05:19 PM
Thoughts for how to make a build like this work...

~Don't play a fleshraker, or anything like that. If you're going in this at ECL 17, there are tons of ways you can use spells or class abilities to turn yourself into whatever nasty creature you want to be.

Some examples include...

A druid, duh. But that's boring on its own, so let's go crazier. Be a druid with the planar shepherd prestige class, from friggin' Mechanus, and use your new advanced wild shape abilities to turn into a Modron (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20010921a). You're playing next to someone who can toss out XP-free miracles all day long. Don't feel bad.
Anything that can cast Shapechange. Druid, archivist, cleric with the right domain, wizard. It doesn't matter. Just shapechange into the right beasty and never look back.
I think tsuyo had the gnome powersuit trick? Basically, it was a gnome with levels in the Elemental Scion class from Magic of Eberron. It would summon an elemental via the Summon Elemental reserve feat, use Reduce Person to turn tiny, and use the Elemental Scion's 7th-level ability to enter that elemental. So yeah, be a tiny gnome inside an earth elemental, being ridden by a dominated thrall. You know you want to.
Fiend of Possession, as you mentioned. A neraph psion/FoP/thrallherd would be pretty nice. Just use the Ritual of Alignment from Savage Species to qualify.

~Get yourself a cohort with an insanely pimped out Ride skill, and an insanely pimped out Hide check. Give him the feats Mounted Combat and Darkstalker, and have him take a level in shadowdancer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/shadowdancer.htm). The shadowdancer's supernatural hide in plain sight ability lets him hide as long as there is a shadow within 10'. Well, there should be... your shadow! Have him hide in plain sight, immune even to scent and blindsight. Any time you are attacked, have him use his Ride check to negate hits on you.

Anyhow, yeah. If I were playing next to an actual god and wanted to play something a bit beyond the pale, I may do something like a druid 7/planar shepherd 10, with Mechanus as my origin plane, going around as a Modron, with a Factotum cohort with a level in Shadowdancer secretly riding me and preventing anything from hitting me.

EDIT: Yes, it was tsuyo who had the gnome powersuit (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=150.msg1255#msg1255) trick. Looks like his original way of doing it was to be an Ur-Priest going into Elemental Scion, although the flavor of Ur-Priest might not be so kosher if you're campaigning with Pelor. Still, you can easily do it as a straight cleric, although you'll tank any chance of high level casting.

The Glyphstone
2012-03-19, 05:35 PM
Make that a Warforged Druid. Sup dawg, I heard you like robots...:smallbiggrin:

A Tertian Modron is 17HD, and casts spells as a 20th level Cleric and a 20th level Sorcerer, so it entirely falls into where your DM stands on the eternally murky debate of Spells being Innate or Other, the sort of thing you can get from Wildshape/Shapechange.

DropsonExistanc
2012-03-19, 06:24 PM
When you started describing your dummy rider, all I could think was Thrallherd.

Ahem, I'll vote on on the Planar Shepherd power-wise.

If I were in this situation, I'd be looking where my extremely powerful character fits in the world. You're adventuring with Pelor 2.0, for goodness sake! So are you a king, a General, the most legendary mercenary in the land? The prophet of a powerful being from another plane? Or the monster in the woods that dragon mamas tell stories about to their hatchlings so that they will be good and eat their horse flanks?

I mean, Drizzt as statted in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide is a lvl 16 drow. I'm sure he's the monster under the bed for many monsters. And Faerun is pretty far on the high-powered end of the campaign-setting scale.

Quirken
2012-03-19, 06:26 PM
Thoughts for how to make a build like this work...

~Don't play a fleshraker, or anything like that. If you're going in this at ECL 17, there are tons of ways you can use spells or class abilities to turn yourself into whatever nasty creature you want to be.

Holy crap. That's some crazy stuff.

Is there any way to get a shape-change that wouldn't be nullified by an anti-magic field? Apparently those are becoming more and more common as the party gets more and more cheesy. I don't think even permanency is exempt from an anti-magic field, so I can't think of any way of doing this.

And while Pelor *can* toss out xp free miracles, he generally doesn't, because there's a CR 47 god named Orkus trying to kill him (character level 17...), and spells like that give Orkus the ability to find him. I played their rogue for one session just to get a feel of things, and he DID cast miracle 6 times to negate XP loss from stuff the wizard was crafting, but there was a teleport between each spell, with a risk of mishaps.

I'm trying to walk a fine line between cheese and cheesecake. Abusing shapechange might be allowed, but then the DM would probably throw even stronger monsters with more antimagic going on. (Remember, right now they're fighting 30ish beholders with 150' antimagic cones... Pelor said this over IM:

"they knocked down the Bard (who is bleeding out) and the Wizard (who is playing dead because he can't do anything without magic)the rogue and the barbarian have killed the most because the rogue is averaging about 130 points of damage per round and the barbarian is averaging 101

Pelor is currently using a combination of Control Weather and detect magic to trace the sources of the antimagic fields because my deity-effects are unaffected my antimagic fields

but I lack mundane weapons, which is something I intend to correct )

Get yourself a cohort with an insanely pimped out Ride skill, and an insanely pimped out Hide check. Give him the feats Mounted Combat and Darkstalker, and have him take a level in shadowdancer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/shadowdancer.htm). The shadowdancer's supernatural hide in plain sight ability lets him hide as long as there is a shadow within 10'. Well, there should be... your shadow! Have him hide in plain sight, immune even to scent and blindsight. Any time you are attacked, have him use his Ride check to negate hits on you.
Hiding in my own shadow is a bit too flavorful cheese for me to handle, but ride stacking (and good hide/move silently) is definitely a good idea. After some looking around, a rider with Devoted Tracker and Paladin 1/Ranger 2/Halfling Outrider 10/Wild Plains Outrider 7 rider would net me +14 bonus HD, +16 natural armor, +7 str. Mix in some stuff to buff ride skill... and damn.

A Tertian Modron is 17HD, and casts spells as a 20th level Cleric and a 20th level Sorcerer, so it entirely falls into where your DM stands on the eternally murky debate of Spells being Innate or Other, the sort of thing you can get from Wildshape/Shapechange.
Dear Lord....

Throwing in Vow of Poverty into any of these builds seems like a must :smallbiggrin: Any important magic items my rider can own.

If I were in this situation, I'd be looking where my extremely powerful character fits in the world. You're adventuring with Pelor 2.0, for goodness sake! So are you a king, a General, the most legendary mercenary in the land? The prophet of a powerful being from another plane? Or the monster in the woods that dragon mamas tell stories about to their hatchlings so that they will be good and eat their horse flanks?

Thats' an important question. The joke in the build of the mount being the real character will definitely play in, but it's hard to say how until I know what classes he'll be. I was leaning towards Monk before this thread (there's a monk with sneak attack in dragon)

Soranar
2012-03-19, 06:32 PM
Well, the first thing you want to do is figure out a way to get a rider.

Sounds like a job for a familiar. If you want to push the mount joke, make that familiar humanoid. Being level 17, a dragon familiar in humanoid form would be best. The gold dragon familiar gets 8 HD and is arguably the strongest familiar you can get anyway, also assumes you're 1 step away from that alignment but you're tagging along Pelor so that sounds likely.

Now, either you take a class that grants you a familiar or take the obtain familiar feat.

As for your physical form, either you play a mount race or you polymorph/shapechange into one. You could play a humanoid with a strange saddle but, from what you're saying, that's not the point.

As for the antimagic field problem, that would shut down any morphing ability (as they're all Su).

That leaves being in the shape of a mount to start with...

You'd want something that can fly, with the smallest LA adjustment possible and as little creature HD as possible.

Considering all this, I came up with the following build.

Race: Hippogriff (+8 Str,+4 Dex,+6 Con,-8 Int,+2 Wis,-2 Cha)
LA adjustment: +0
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

You need to take 3 magical beast HD but they're not terrible (full BAB, 2 good saves, d10 HD).

STATS (32 pts)

STR 22
DEX 14 (you should be wearing light barding and a belt of magnificience so this is enough).
CON 20
INT 6
WIS 16
CHA 12

1 Hippogriff Multiattack
2 Hippogriff
3 Hippogriff Improved Multiattack
4 Hexblade
5 Swordsage
6 Hexblade Diving Charge
7 Swordsage
8 Hexblade
9 Swordsage Flyby Attack
10 Hexblade
11 Swordsage
12 Hexblade Obtain Familiar
13 Mindbender
14 Bloodclaw master
15 Bloodclaw master Dragon Familiar
16 Bloodclaw master
17 Bloodclaw master

Use the Hrxblade alternate class feature that replaces your familiar with the dark companion (obtain familiar nets you a far stronger familiar as all your class levels are all counted). The companion also lowers the saves of a target, helping out your caster companions.

Mettle and such helps your saves.

Your Familiar gets 8 Dragon HD (that's 6 x 8 skillpoints) to compensate for your low INT.

Mindbender lets you ''talk'' with anything.

Swordsage gives you AC, gets you a way to pounce, also widens your repertoire and a lot of it works in antimagic fields.

Your flight is ex. You have 15 BAB. A caster build would be stronger but it sounded like you needed a tank.

Get wildling clasps to pump your natural weapons.

Coidzor
2012-03-19, 06:43 PM
A Muckdweller would be a tiny-sized humanoid that can be either a familiar or a cohort. I don't imagine it would be too much of a stretch for it to be both with a DM that's going to let you do this in the first place. Though, since they're Tiny, you could have 2 of them on your back anyway as anything worth mounting. I believe they're found in Serpent Kingdoms, both as a race and as familiar fodder. IIRC, they're also candidates for Pun-Pun-hood without an LA, but that's neither here nor there.

Steel Dragons, I can't remember where they were published most recently for 3.X, but I think it was Dragons of Faerun, though there's an older conversion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20040328a)for free on the wizards' site. Should be able to adopt a suitable form.

Especially if Dragons of Eberron is on the table and you can take either Loredrake or Wyrm of War.

Even their wyrmling form makes a good mount due to their shapeshifting abilities.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-03-19, 08:05 PM
This would be under other unusual builds, but A cool idea I had would be for you to be an awakened Dread Guard (MM2) except because of the fact that it seems that this creature could be made with other combinations of weapons and armor you will be made of adamantine mountain plate and fullblade.
Then take levels in a non-arcane magic user or psionic class and get the still spell feat, this will let you cast spells while worn by a fighter. You are able to spend gp enchanting yourself and the party fighter can pitch in as well then or Palor your cleric can get inside you and have him cast spells while you casts spells and take damage for him you can almost guarantee protection to the person that heals you every round. You can also get the ancestral weapon feat and have more virtual gp to spend on your weapon. Another route is for your non arcane caster to take the still spell feat instead of you, and you become a ToB class and own it up with your weapons yourself.
Basically depending on how you want to build him he can specialize or spread your powers in casting, defend who's inside you, or melee it's up to you.

rmg22893
2012-03-19, 08:06 PM
You should be an Ur-Priest for ultimate irony.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-03-19, 08:16 PM
That means you can't have the ancestral weapon being evil and all. Yet I don't know if your talking about Ur-Priest for the build I suggested or just Ur-Priest in general. Ether way its still funny.

KicktheCAN
2012-03-19, 08:42 PM
See if your DM will let you play a symbiont (MoE). You will need to make up the level adjust (Savage Species can help you there). Just make sure to jack up your ego score and you can control anybody.

Once your party realizes that their friend that they have been traveling with has been mind-controlled by a worm or gauntlet or whatever, you can move onto a new and improved host.

Quirken
2012-03-19, 09:27 PM
See if your DM will let you play a symbiont (MoE). You will need to make up the level adjust (Savage Species can help you there). Just make sure to jack up your ego score and you can control anybody.

Symbionts seem pretty dang cool. Their weak point is that they don't grant hp/etc to the host creature, though, and getting a new host is likely to be a chore. And my party may or may not consider aberations evil. Now, giving Symbionts to my rider is another option, rather than the symbiont being the cohort itself.

You should be an Ur-Priest for ultimate irony.

lol, yes, but I probably would not live very long :)

Well, the first thing you want to do is figure out a way to get a rider.

Sounds like a job for a familiar. If you want to push the mount joke, make that familiar humanoid.

Do you guys think that familiars are better than cohorts, for the purposes of a rider? Dragon familiar definitely sounds fun, though.

Hexblade/Swordsage/Mindbender/Bloodclaw master
ToB stuff is always fun. I'll take a look at this build.

Get wildling clasps to pump your natural weapons.
Any idea which book this is in? Having some trouble finding it.

A Muckdweller would be a tiny-sized humanoid that can be either a familiar or a cohort.
Is there any reason to do this, versus a halfling or something, other than the size difference? Muckdweller stats are... a little lackluster. Squirt. And hah, yeah, no pun-pun. Steel Dragon would be cool, except it's a supernatural ability, which would take some degree of control out of my hands in anti-magic fields, though dragons are a lot better than some of the other de-polymorphed options.

This would be under other unusual builds, but A cool idea I had would be for you to be an awakened Dread Guard (MM2) except because of the fact that it seems that this creature could be made with other combinations of weapons and armor you will be made of adamantine mountain plate and fullblade.

That's a cool build, but would basically necessitate giving up all movement control if someone "wore" me. And if not, there's probably better I could do for race, since I think that was the appeal.

Quirken
2012-03-20, 07:09 PM
Quick question: if a rider takes one level of paladin and then a class that stacks with paladin level for determining special mount abilities, but doesn't grant a special mount explicitly... will you still end up with a paladin mount?

Example: "Halfling outrider gains a mount appropriate to the resources of her halfling community ... halfling outrider class levels stack with paladin... for determining the characteristics of a paladin's mount." It doesn't, however, state that if you haven't become a high enough level paladin to have a special mount in the first place, your mount becomes special.

Jack_Simth
2012-03-20, 07:25 PM
I'm not set on the "I am the Mount" build concept. Mostly I just want a weird and quirky, but powerful character.
OK. How much cheese are we talking? I can get you immunity to attack (other than from a creature that exists solely in your own imagination...), if you like.

No, seriously.

Build: Cleric-7/Dweomerkeeper (Complete Divine Web Enhancement Version)-10
Needed item: A Strand of Prayer Beads, with a Bead of Karma.

Steps:
1) Activate Strand of Prayer Beads(Bead of Karma) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#strandofPrayerBeads) to boost your caster level to 21 for ten minutes.
2) Cast Divine Insight (Spell Compendium)
3) Supernatural Spell(Miracle(Simulacrum)) to produce a simulacrum of an Aleax (Book of Exalted Deeds) of a Psion(telepath)-41 (add other templates to taste; as long as they don't add hit dice, you're fine; if they do add hit dice - such as Tauric - you'll need other caster level boosters for step 1, such as Orange Prism Ioun Stones). Go ahead and burn the Divine Insight on the Disguise check, here.
4) Order the level 20.5 (10,000 xp to burn) Aleax telepath to manifest True Mind Switch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitchTrue.htm) on you. Deliberately fail your save.

You're done.

You keep your feats, all your class features, your mental scores, any spell-like or supernatural abilities you have, your hit points, your base saves, your BAB, and so on.
You gain the Ex racial abilities of the Aleax, it's type, subtype(if applicable), it's physical ability scores, and so on. The important bit is the Singular Enemy Ex racial ability of the Aleax.

Dweomerkeeper is in there for Supernatural Spell, to get rid of the XP, and GP cost of using Miracle to duplicate Simulacrum... but more importantly than those, to get rid of the requirement that you actually need a piece of the critter to be duplicated.

Piggy Knowles
2012-03-20, 07:26 PM
Quick question: if a rider takes one level of paladin and then a class that stacks with paladin level for determining special mount abilities, but doesn't grant a special mount explicitly... will you still end up with a paladin mount?

Example: "halfling outrider class levels stack with paladin... for determining the characteristics of a paladin's mount." It doesn't, however, state that if you haven't become a high enough level paladin to have a special mount in the first place, your mount becomes special.

Sadly, no... while it stacks with your paladin levels for determining its abilities, it doesn't give you the actual ability to summon a mount. That ability is gained as a level 5 paladin, and is separate from what the halfling outrider boosts.

Coidzor
2012-03-20, 07:43 PM
Is there any reason to do this, versus a halfling or something, other than the size difference? Muckdweller stats are... a little lackluster. Squirt. And hah, yeah, no pun-pun. Steel Dragon would be cool, except it's a supernatural ability, which would take some degree of control out of my hands in anti-magic fields, though dragons are a lot better than some of the other de-polymorphed options.

Size and some slightly greater wiggle room to get cohort-familiar. Mostly because the fact that they're sapient humanoids with LA+0 but can be familiars as well is amusing.

Quirken
2012-03-30, 08:27 PM
I’ve got a possible build here. Let me know what you all think!

This isn't as strong as some of the stuff you guys have suggested, but its also much reasonably likely the DM will sign off on it (vs something that is not just cheesy, but effectively pun-pun). The biggest weaknesses I see are lack of fly speed (but with +72 to jump, I can hit an enemy 25 feet in the air or more, no problem) and reliance on sneak attack.

I'd like to fit in darkstalker (we are going to be fighting beholders right off the bat, after all) but don't see a good place to put it, unless I put off boosting the mount bonuses...

(Note there’s one slight homebrew: instead of a cohort special mount being ECL-4, my DM is letting my mount be full level and the rider be 4 ECL-4). Planning on taking one more level in Halfling Outrider, possibly one in beastmaster, then 3 in Wild Plains outrider. Maybe top it off with 2 more ranger for free Manyshot.

Rider (Halfling, ECL+4 as above): Paladin 5 / Ranger 4 / Halfling Outrider 4 (Perhaps my DM would allow me to go a lower paladin/ranger and still get a special mount/companion, but I’m not trying to push this more than I already am)

Feats:
1 Point Blank Shot / Precise Shot / Flaw
3 Mounted Combat
6 Mounted Archery
9 Devoted Tracker
12 Natural Bond
15 (2 levels from now) Rapidshot or Holy Mount

Equipment: Elvencraft Composite Longbow. Basically, doubles as both a longbow and a quarterstaff, so you threaten in melee range and can attack in melee

Mount (Fleshraker, 4 racial HD): Sidewinder Monk

Fleshraker nets me a leaping pounce, free trip, and possible free grapple. 50ft speed. Also: +6str, +8 dex, +4 con, -8 int, +4 wis, +2 cha

Sidewinder Monk (Dragon 331) is basically Monk with sneak attack dice (+6d6 at level 18), an extra attack 5/day, and a 1/day save-or die.

Feats:
1. Sacred Vow / Flaw / Vow of Poverty
3 Combat Reflexes
6 Vexing Flanker (+4 on flanking instead of +2)
9 Adaptable Flanker (lets you specify a square in addition to the one you’re occupying for flanking purposes)
12 Craven
15 (2 levels form now) stunning fist
Plus Stealthy, Mobility, and Improved Trip from Sidewinder bonus feats
And a bunch of exalted feats (in no particular order: holy ki strike, holy radiance, nimbus of light, nymph’s kiss, sacred strike, sanctify ki strike, touch of golden ice, fist of the heavens, servant of the heavens)
I’d like to add in Darkstalker, but just don’t see room for it, unless I delay stunning fist to epic levels.

OK, by my calculations, all this together gets my mount (at starting ECL 17):

+8 HD,
+10 natural armor, exalted AC bonus +9, deflection +2 (Grand unarmored AC of 50!)
+4 str, +2 dex, +6/+4/+2 to various stats (plus racial, +6str, +8 dex, +4 con, -8 int, +4 wis, +2 cha)
+3 to saving throws
Enhancement bonus to natural weapons
DR5/evil, spell resistance, energy resistance, regeneration

And if that wasn’t fairly sweet on its own, here’s how a round of combat might play out (starting next level):

Mount charges
Meanwhile, rider takes a full attack action with the longbow. No penalty, thanks to Halfling outrider
Arrive at destination. Rider uses Leap from the Saddle as a free action to land adjacent to the mount, but diagonal from him
As a swift action, mount designates the square opposite the rider as his Adaptable Flanking square. Both are now flanking.
Fleshraker uses flurry of blows, since he has pounce. Since he’s flanking, he gets +6d6+18 sneak attack (6d8+18 if it’s evil)
Assuming at least one of the Fleshraker’s attacks hit, it gets a free trip attempt. Not to mention it may be stunned from Stunning Fist…
If it wins the trip attack, it gets a free grapple. If it succeeds, automatic claw/rake damage next turn.

So… if all attacks hit (+4 for flanking, +2 for charge, +8 strength mod), I could potentially do 35d6+126 damage (3d6+6 archery, 8d6+52 flurry of blows damage, 24d6+68 sneak attack), and I may have also tripped, grappled, and stunned the enemy. All in one round where I may have started 100ft away.

And best of all? Virtually all of this is immune to anti-magic fields, except maybe some of the Vow of Poverty stuff.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-03-30, 08:46 PM
Maybe a Wyrm of War (Archetype) True Dragon? Be a wyrmling then level up in your choice of class(es).

candycorn
2012-03-31, 05:59 AM
Am I the only one thinking that the perfect thing to penetrate an Antimagic Field is a 500,000 pound rock?

Hulking Hurler, baby. Throw rocks for big damage. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but I guaran-darn-tee you that Shrink Iteming a rock to 1,000 pounds, and throwing it at a creature with an AMF will have... painful consequences (namely, the rock goes up to 5,000,000 pounds, and turns it into a grease spot).

Warblade 1 / PsyWar 9 / Bloodstorm Blade 4 / Hulking Hurler 3

Expansion to huge. Belt of the wide road, natural heavyweight: each doubles carrying capacity. There's an illithid graft that lets you be treated as a quadruped for carrying capacity.

Beyond that, just crack out strength to 50-60, and throw small mountains.

Quirken
2012-03-31, 07:37 AM
Am I the only one thinking that the perfect thing to penetrate an Antimagic Field is a 500,000 pound rock?

That's like... the least rules abuse I've ever seen for something incredibly powerful (other than strength 50 :smallconfused:). I don't know the damage for thrown objects, but I have a hunch this would be too cheesy :( Awesome concept, though.