Speed 40 ft. (8 square)
Initiative: +3
Armor Class 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple +1/-2
Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)
Full-Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)
Space:5 ft./ 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Skilled Fang
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, Darkvision 60ft, Resistance to acid 5, cold 5, and electricity 5, Spell resistance 6
Saves: Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +3*
Abilities:Str 13, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Jump +3, Listen +5, Spot +5, Survival +5
Feats: Alertness, TrackB
Environment: Any Underground
Organization: Solitary or pack (5–12)
Challenge Rating: 1/3
Treasure: None
Alignment:Always True Neutral
Advancement:-

Draketooths are red lizards the size of hound. They have razor sharp teeth and have a strong sense of smell. They are used as hunting companions for Kobolds.

Combat
The bane of gnomes everywhere, packs of Draketooths are relentless when tracking a foe.

Skilled Fang (Sp): Once per day a Draketooth can use the dragon blood in it and cast Truestrike as a Sorcerer of equal HD.

Skills: Draketooth have a +2 racial bonus on survival checks.

*Drake Tooth have a +2 racial bonus on will saves against illusions.

Elemental Draketooth
Kobolds soon realised that Draketooths could channel magic, after this discoverery a cabal of sorcerers decided to experiment on them to grant them more powerful abilities. The result was Elemental Draketooth, they could channel magic better but they had less combat skill. As a result they becames smarter, and started to use tactics.

As they are today the Elemental Draketooth are as intelligent as kobolds, but the two still work together in a symbiosis. In modern kobold culture the Elemental Draketooth are seen as symbols of kobold values and have equal if not greater right than a common kobold.

Elemental Draketooth can speak Draconic.

Abyssal Draketooth
Medium Dragon (Aquatic, Water, Negative)
Hit Dice 4d12 (24 HP)
Speed 20 ft. (4 square); Swim 20ft
Armor Class 16 (+3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple +4/+4
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d6)
Full-Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d6)
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Amphibious, Blacklight, Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent, Wall of Water
Saves: Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +7
Abilities:Str 10, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 11
Skills: Hide +8, Listen +6, Sense Motive +5, Spot +6, Survival +6
Feats: Iron Will, Run, TrackB
Environment: Upper Underdark
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (7–16)
Challenge Rating: 2
Alignment:Usually True Neutral
Advancement:5–7 HD (Medium); 8–12 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: +2 (Cohort)

Abyssal Draketooths are wolf sized lizards with smooth black scales and a small number of tiny lights which line its sides. Water and Negative energy surges through its body and it can coat the land in darkness at a moments notice.

In kobold culture Abyssal Draketooth represent Survival at all costs.

Combat
Abyssal Draketooth hide in the darkness they create and use hit and run tactics to strike there foes without being seen. If they see any chance of them dying the Abyssal Draketooth will create a watery barrier to cover its retreat.

Blacklight (Su): An Abyssal Draketooth can use Blacklight as the spell (caster level 8th), and can evoke or end the effect as a free action. It can only target itself with this ability.

Wall of Water(Su): An Abyssal Draketooth can create a barrier, as the Wall of Water spell (caster level 8th), once per round as a free action. An Abyssal Draketooth can only have one Wall of Water active at once.

Ash Draketooth
Medium Dragon (Fire, Negative)
Hit Dice 4d12 (24 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 square)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Fire Stride, low-light vision, Primal Form, scent
Environment: Warm Underground

Ash Draketooths are wolf sized lizards with black charred scales and holes throughout its body. Fire and Negative energy surges through its body and it can cover itself in flame at a moments notice.

In kobold culture Ash Draketooth represent Vigilance even when faced with death.

Combat
Ash Draketooth hunt in packs, waiting in ambush points, waiting within fire to strike without a moments notice. Ash Draketooth are amazingly loyal and never give up.

Primal Form (Su): An Ash Draketooth can use Primal Form as the spell (caster level 8th), and can evoke or end the effect as a free action. It can only select Fire as its form.

Fire Stride (Su): An Ash Draketooth can teleport, as the Fire Stride spell (caster level 8th), once per round as a free action. The ability affects only the Ash Draketooth, which can act immediately after teleporting as if it didn't take a Full Round action.

Burning Draketooth
Medium Dragon (Fire, Wood)
Hit Dice 4d12 (24 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 square)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Junglerazer, low-light vision, Plant Growth, scent

Burning Draketooths are wolf sized lizards with black charred scales and smells like burnt wood. Negative and Wood energy surges through its body and it can weaken and empower plant life.

In kobold culture Ash Draketooth represent Renewal and Reincarnation.

Combat
Burning Draketooth hunt in packs, swarming their foes. They're abilities are weaker than other Elemental Draketooth so they have to use numbers. Strangely though they don't care about being hurt or killed, believing they will help in unforeseen ways even in death.

Junglerazor(Su): A Burning Draketooth can weaken plantlife, as the Junglerazor spell (caster level 8th), once per round as a free action.

Plant Growth (Su): A Burning Draketooth can use Plant Growth as the spell (caster level 8th), and can evoke its power at will.

Dune Draketooth
Medium Dragon (Earth, Negative)
Hit Dice 4d12 (24 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 square)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Haboob, low-light vision, Sandfrom, scent
Environment: Warm Desert

Dune Draketooths are wolf sized lizards with dry sandy scales and lithe bodies. Earth and Negative energy surges through its body and holds sand within the gaps of its scaled body. By releasing its body it can create a miniature sandstorm, or even turn itself into sand.

In kobold culture Dune Draketooth represent Adaptation and quick thinking.

Combat
Dune Draketooth hunt in packs, using there sandform to flank and there sandstorm to limit the options of there foes.

Haboob (Su): A Dune Draketooth can create a small sandstorm, as the Haboob spell (caster level 8th), once per round as a free action.

Sandform (Su): A Dune Draketooth can use Sandform as the spell (caster level 8th), and can evoke its power at will.

Misty Draketooth
Medium Dragon (Air, Water)
Hit Dice 4d12 (24 HP)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); fly 20ft (Good)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Gaseous Form, low-light vision, Obscuring Mist, scent

Misty Draketooths are wolf sized lizards with milky white scales and thin veined wings. Air and Water energy surges through its body and it can become one with mist itself at a moments notice. They are known to laugh at the people it attacks while in the mist.

In kobold culture Misty Draketooth represent Succeeding at Deception while it being obvious.

Combat
Misty Draketooth hunt in packs, waiting in ambush points, they coat areas in fog to conceal themselves, but do so in areas which you would expect fog. They then strike from the mist and disappear within seconds.

Gaseous Form (Su): A Misty Draketooth can use Gaseous Form as the spell (caster level 8th), and can evoke or end the effect as a free action.

Obscuring Mist (Su): A Misty Draketooth can release fog by flapping its wings , as the Obscuring Mist spell (caster level 8th), once per round as a free action.

Pyrus Draketooth
Medium Dragon (Positive, Wood)
Hit Dice 4d12 (24 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (4 squares)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Eternal Pear, Life Seeds, low-light vision, scent
Environment: Any Forest
Organization: Pair, or pack (7–16)

Pyrus Draketooths are wolf sized lizards, a hard woody bark acts as its flesh, grass covers its back, within this grass lies several seeds and often a fruit which looks like a pear. Positive and Wood energy surges through its body, which imbue its fruit and seeds with life energy. These Draketooth are more docile than other kinds of Dragons, as there powers are based around helping others.

In kobold culture Verdant Draketooth represent Support even when all hope would be lost.

Combat
Pyrus Draketooth are docile and form groups for protection, eating each others fruit in battle to help each other survive. If one Pyrus Draketooth dies, all within its pack will flee.

Eternal Pear (Su): A Pyrus Draketooth can grow a few pear-like fruit which are charged with positive energy. As a full-round action a Pyrus Draketooth grows 1d4 Eternal Pears. Any who eat an Eternal Pear is affected by the Panacea spell (caster level 8th). Once a Pyrus Draketooth grows a group of eternal pears he can't use this ability again for 1d12 minutes.

If not picked and eaten the Eternal Pears will remain in the Pyrus Draketooth's grassy back for 1 day, upon which time they will fall off (But it retains its magical power). If it ever touches the ground it immediately turns into a normal pear.

Life Seeds (Su): A Pyrus Draketooth constantly grows a small number of life infused seeds. Each day the Pyrus Draketooth grows 1d20 seeds. Eating on of these seeds functions as the Goodberry spell (caster level 8th). The seeds are grown at dawn each day.

If not picked and eaten the Life Seed will remain in the Pyrus Draketooth's grassy back for 1 day, upon which time they will fall off (But it retains its magical power). If it ever touches the ground it immediately turns into a normal pear seed.

Radiant Draketooth
Medium Dragon (Fire, Positive)
Hit Dice 4d12 (24 HP)
Speed 80 ft. (16 squares)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Flash Burst, low-light vision, scent, Wall of Light

Radiant Draketooths are wolf sized lizards with shining golden scales. Fire and Positive energy surges through its body and it can create huge amounts of light at will.

In kobold culture Radiant Draketooth represent having power, but controlling it so that it doesn't hinder others.

Combat
Radiant Draketooth hunt in packs, using their speed to cut off any who try to flank or run. They use their powers in moderation, knowing that if they overuse them it can hinder the rest of the group.

Flash Burst (Su): A Radiant Draketooth can use Flash Burst as the spell (caster level 8th), once per round as a free action. It can only target itself with this ability, but the Radiant Draketooth is immune to the effects of the Flash Burst it creates.

Wall of Light(Su): A Radiant Draketooth can create a barrier, as the Wall of Light spell (caster level 8th), once per round as a free action. A Radiant Draketooth can only have one Wall of Light active at once.

Verdant Draketooth
Medium Dragon (Earth, Positive)
Hit Dice 4d12 (24 HP)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); Burrow 20 ft
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Insect Plague, low-light vision, Naturewatch, scent
Environment: Any Forest
Organization: Pair, or pack (7–16)

Verdant Draketooths are wolf sized lizards, brown grainy flesh covers there bodies, tiny tunnels worm through its body, and grass covers its back. Earth and Positive energy surges through its body and it holds a swarm of viscous within it. These bugs live within the tunnels of a Verdant Drake Tooth and the two work together in a symbiosis.

In kobold culture Verdant Draketooth represent Communal effort and Selflessness.

Combat
Verdant Draketooth hunt in packs, slowly trudging through the forest, they form small societies. They are never alone, and whenever it comes to battle they always call as many allies as possible.

Naturewatch (Su): A Verdant Draketooth can use Naturewatch as the spell (caster level 8th), and can evoke or end the effect as a free action.

Insect Plague (Su): A Verdant Draketooth can release a swarm of insects, as the Insect Plague spell (caster level 8th), once per round as a Fullround action. A Verdant Draketooth can only have one swarm summoned at anyone time and if the swarm is killed, this ability can't be used for 1d4 days.

Fungal Draketooth is next.

Deepbluediver
2012-03-19, 09:09 PM
Why do they have the earth subtype? I'm not objecting here, I just don't understand it.

That combined with the theme of Dragon's teeth just makes me think of those skeletal warriors from greek myth. :smallbiggrin:

Milo v3
2012-03-19, 09:16 PM
Why do they have the earth subtype? I'm not objecting here, I just don't understand it.

That combined with the theme of Dragon's teeth just makes me think of those skeletal warriors from greek myth. :smallbiggrin:

Most dragons have an elemental subtype so I decided to give them one as well. These ones charged with the elemental of earth which strengthens their skin, teeth, and bone.

As for the Dragon's Teeth, I just got an idea for my next creature. :smalltongue:

Milo v3
2012-03-20, 07:39 PM
I've started to add in Elemental Draketooth. The first of which is Ash Draketooth.

Steward
2012-03-20, 09:10 PM
Nice creature!

Is spell resistance 6 even worth it? If I understand the mechanic right, a 1st-level caster could reliably beat it.

Milo v3
2012-03-20, 09:26 PM
Nice creature!

Is spell resistance 6 even worth it? If I understand the mechanic right, a 1st-level caster could reliably beat it.

I based it off a Celestial Dog which is where the SR 6 comes from. Favour-wise they have the draconic resistance to magic, but it is so weak that it rarely protects it.

Also I've now added the Abyssal Draketooth stats to the Elemental Draketooth list.

Sypher667
2012-03-21, 06:21 AM
I like these. The fluff is good.

For the Abyssal Draketooth, with 4d12 HD, the average is 24, not 9. I assume a copy-paste error?

Milo v3
2012-03-21, 06:25 AM
I like these. The fluff is good.

For the Abyssal Draketooth, with 4d12 HD, the average is 24, not 9. I assume a copy-paste error?

Thanks. :smallsmile:
And I've fixed the average HP. (Another thanks for noticing).

Edit: Just so everyone knows I'll be going through a mix of every two elements in my campaign setting as such it might take a week or so for me to make every single Draketooth I have planned.

Also does anyone have any ideas for Earth + Positive, Fire + Negative, Positive + Wood, or Water + Wood?

Edit Edit: Just added in the Misty Draketooth.

TheZenMaster
2012-03-21, 06:56 AM
Also does anyone have any ideas for Earth + Positive,

Verdant Drake. A earth drake with lots of fauna on it. Possibly attracting insects/ small vermin to live on it.

Fire + Negative

Ashen Draketooth.

Positive + Wood

I would make a Draketooth that grows fruits that has healing properties.

Water + Wood

I have no idea.

Steward
2012-03-21, 07:16 AM
Water and Wood... maybe some association with algae, kelp, or some kind of aquatic fungus? They could have an SLA similar to 'obscuring mist', except refluffed as being green goop (algae) or something of that nature.

Milo v3
2012-03-21, 07:25 AM
Verdant Drake. A earth drake with lots of fauna on it. Possibly attracting insects/ small vermin to live on it.
I liked this so much just finished it and put it in the OP. :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Draketooth.
I accidently put Fire + negative in that list. Ash Draketooth is already Fire + Negative. :smallredface:

I would make a Draketooth that grows fruits that has healing properties.
I'll probably make this one next. Goodberrys and magic pears. :smallamused:

Water and Wood... maybe some association with algae, kelp, or some kind of aquatic fungus? They could have an SLA similar to 'obscuring mist', except refluffed as being green goop (algae) or something of that nature.

Interesting... Kelp has a few spells for it, but I like the Algae idea more. If I can't find some spells which work with it properly I'll just make some. :smalltongue: