PDA

View Full Version : Terra Chao [Kong FFd6]

Necro_EX
2012-03-19, 08:41 PM
The year is 680 H.L.E., the kingdoms of Terra Chao have come to a temporary cease of outright conflict; a momentary pause in the endless skirmishing and landwaring the nations have inflicted upon one another since their foundings so many hundreds of years ago.
Many salvage companies in the human empire of Pleros and its surrounding lands have recently been contracted en masse to recover parts for military Gears; the Bronze Arms had recently suffered heavy losses in a conflict with Leosraum, severely crippling the military strength of the budding human empire.
Regardless of one's moral standing on the matter, uncovering these war machines pays very well and the open bounty on parts for the common PX-MGI-II is most salvage companies' bread and butter in the current age. More rare components are like diamonds in the rough, handsome rewards await brave salvage crews in the Wastes.

Garun had recently heard rumor in the local tavern of rare Gears components being found in the Valley of No Winds, a short few days' travel northwest of Heiran and the Pleran fortress Owl's Vigil. Having been muscled out of old territories by larger salvage companies it seemed a fairly safe gamble.
Thus we find our heroes on their way to the Valley of No Winds, a day's travel left ahead of them. The sun beats down over the long days in the Wastes, scorching the rocky desert grounds and sweating all living things dry.
If you pushed yourselves and marched forward without rest you could arrive in the valley by nightfall, the natural walls providing some sense of security rare to find in the Wastes. Doing so may attract the attention of bandits, other salvage companies, and the monstrous inhabitants of the Wastes...is it worth the risk?

Since you're a salvage company you should definitely own something to transport recovered Gears and such and a place to store such wonders and perform work on them. So, I grant the party a building in Heiran, the tools to put Gears together (in the same building), two horses, and a small cart which can carry up to one full small Gear and a small cargo of other items.

aturtledoesbite
2012-03-20, 01:57 PM
Remembering an old tale about a traveler collapsing from a "desert fever" due to overexertion, Marat recommends to the group to pace themselves. "Hurrying ahead wouldn't be good for our health. We should find somewhere to rest."

Marat's text color will be dark green, as you can see. Also, first! :D

P.S. I had to type this twice because GitP bugged when I submitted the first time. Lovely.

PresentPresence
2012-03-21, 01:10 AM
"I commend you for your patience, Marat. A respite would be most advisable. The Yorukh were not meant for such nomadic activity, and I can only fight my heritage for so long. Garun, grab the foot elixir, would you? My hooves are worn to the marrow!" Yakkehty normally walked alongside the cart, dragging a toboggan holding his tools. He relieved himself of the leather straps and sat down heavily, inspecting his feet closely. "I think I might have picked up a thistle-bug along the way. Disdainful critters..."

Hope I'm not stepping out of bounds with the sled. A question on Yorukh biology: How do their legs and feet work? Are we talking Minotaur or Sasquatch here? Also, dibs on Dark Orchid.

Necro_EX
2012-03-21, 02:01 AM
We're talkin' minotaur here.
Essentially, this but a little more China, a little less Mongolia and just a splash of Europe in there.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9pJVtr1FGYE/SP2q3qh9M9I/AAAAAAAAADo/sCd6WNfMBq4/s320/yakfolk.jpg

Also, the cart for his tools is fine, a nice way to fluff his storage space.

Bonnero
2012-03-21, 04:07 PM
"I'm impressed the sun hasn't gotten to you yet mountain man" Garun passes Yhakkety a box of nails "Perhaps you should have shoed yourself before we set off"
Garun squints towards the horizon. "If we are to stop here then we should look for some actual shelter, I'd rather push on, but I have the horses the consider also."

I'm going for Slate Grey myself.
@Neccy if we're looking for shelter I'm guessing an awareness roll is in order, also shame the cart is horse drawn, I don't have riding, just drive :P

PresentPresence
2012-03-22, 01:15 AM
"Do I look like a pack animal to you?" Yakkehty looked back at the sled he was dragging and inclined his head. "Alright, I can see the similarities, but I don't want to announce my presence to every other salvage company in town with a 'clickety-clack'. I'm perfectly content with my current 'clompety-clomp'."

Necro_EX
2012-03-22, 11:52 AM
Alright, anyone wanting to look for shelter can give me a survival check and anyone wanting to keep an eye out for monsters and other salvagers can give me an awareness check.

Remember folks, [rollv]

PresentPresence
2012-03-22, 12:42 PM
"You can keep an eye out for a good campsite, Garun. I'll keep mine out for the unsavory element."

[roll0]

Bonnero
2012-03-22, 04:42 PM
"I agree, you're taller than me you'll see anything coming towards us sooner." Garun gives a cursory glance around the area
survival:[roll0]"I suppose, if we're stopping here, I'll be able to bodge something together."

by the way bodging is juryrigging essentially, if you've ever seen scrapheap challenge, or it's american equivalent junkyard wars, bodging is what they do. It's what I feel synthesis tinkering works for outside of accessories

aturtledoesbite
2012-03-22, 06:39 PM
Marat says nothing, simply keeping aware of the surrounding area.

Awareness check: [roll0]

Hey, guys, make sure to put what kind of check it is, too. Kinda tough to figure out whether you're rolling Survival or Awareness.

EDIT: Wow, my roll sucks. Thank the gods it wasn't lower, though.

Necro_EX
2012-03-27, 12:11 AM
Keeping their eyes distant and on the horizon, Marat and Yakkehty look out for the unsavory element. Marat spots nothing, but off in the distance Yakkehty spots a cloud of dust traveling the horizon, a dark shadow in its heart; clear signs of Gears in the distance. Unless they intend to circle the valley it seems unlikely that they should be an issue.

Making use of a nearby tree and some scraps of metal Garun makes simple work of bodging a decent one-night shelter. It's nothing specacular, but it should certainly do for the night.

PresentPresence
2012-03-27, 08:16 AM
Yakkehty trotted back to Garun, signaling to Marat. When he reached the makeshift lean-to, he gave it a once-over. "Not bad, not bad at all. Listen, there's some Gears over yonder. They probably won't give us any trouble, but we should still keep wary. I'll take first watch tonight - I'll nudge whoever is snoring the loudest to take second."

aturtledoesbite
2012-03-27, 06:40 PM
"With all this sand, I'm surprised you could see anything."

Bonnero
2012-03-27, 06:52 PM
"I very much doubt we'd all three fit in here at once anyway. As for the watch, I'll go last but wake me if you see anything heading our way. Should be able to pick it off." He rolls up his jacket as a pillow and gets shut eye.

Unless we need any more rolls before we bed down :P

aturtledoesbite
2012-03-27, 06:58 PM
"That puts me as second shift, then." Marat finds a relatively flat section of land and lies down. "I prefer to sleep out in the open. Based on the land around here, there probably isn't much chance of rain."

Resting. (That is, unless there's something else necessary to do.)

Necro_EX
2012-03-28, 09:27 AM
The night passes with little issue. A few creatures can be stalking the night off in the distance, but give your camp a wide berth, causing no issue to you. As the moon fades from view and the sun begins to rise in the East you can feel a rare cool breeze blowing past. A momentary surcease of heat is a wonderful refreshment to all.

Clear skies begin this day, and the only life you can see are the occasional birds enjoying their near boundless freedom in the skies. Off in the distance you can see the cliffs surrounding the valley you seek, the vibrant green of the valley's plant life seems almost radiant; rest there should be much more comfortable than hiding away in a lean-to sleeping on the hard ground of the Waste.

I'll need an awareness check on your way to the valley.

PresentPresence
2012-03-28, 11:19 AM
"Well, I believe we should be on our way. The weather's fair and the path is clear - surely nothing bad will happen on the trail this day!" :smallbiggrin:

Awareness: [roll0]

aturtledoesbite
2012-03-28, 03:11 PM
"Let us hope so..." Marat follows behind Yhakkety toward the valley.

Bonnero
2012-03-28, 06:38 PM
"At last we get to enter the valley, I would like to see if those Gears might have come this way too, competitors only mean harder bargains back home.
Awareness check: [roll0] well hope my claiming I could pick off enemies in the dark haven't jinxed me :P, maybe maybe not. Oh and can we assume that whilst packing up I did maintenance on my weapon and yakko's? It doesn't specify when I can choose, so I say after rests

Necro_EX
2012-03-28, 07:34 PM
As you approach the valley Marat spots a thin, wispy trail of black smoke rising up from deep in the lush forest hidden away in the valley. It rises from deep in the Eastern half of the forest and quickly fades into nothingness, dispersed into the clear skies.

The mouth of the valley glows softly with a warm light of life, the valley within is fertile and filled with all manner of plant life. The smell of fruits and flowers fills your nostrils as you move deeper into the forest. Rumor has it that the valley has parts of Gears all throughout, but the thick greenery makes it difficult to transport anything larger than yourself. The innkeep at the tavern had made mention of some adventurous salvage company finding a great wealth of components in caves along the eastern wall of the valley. Apparently they had also encountered some strange man-like beasts in the depths.

A fork in the beaten path splits to the east and west. To the east the path dips down and seems rather clear. To the west you can hear running water off in the distance and the path slopes ever so slightly upward.

Yeah, after rests sounds right. Kinda like a day-by-day kind of deal.

aturtledoesbite
2012-03-28, 07:39 PM
"If we are headed eastward, we should be on our guard. I saw black smoke above the forest in that direction. I recommend we turn the other way. If there are bandits or other hostiles, it would be difficult to see them before they ambush us."

Bonnero
2012-03-28, 07:57 PM
"However you just spotted them, we could try and sneak up on them, perhaps they have found something of value we could... acquire for ourselves." Garun gives the terrain to the west a once over."However if we have the high ground we can definitely see where they are, though the gradient and presence of water might cause issue for our hoofed friend, especially with his sled."
going to roll lore monsters, see if I might know more of the dangerous beasts in the area [roll0]
"I think it would be wise to head up the western path also, as I say scouting the area would be a benefit, we may spot a crash site."

PresentPresence
2012-03-28, 11:40 PM
"We are scavengers, not thieves, correct? Surely we are above common brigandry! That group has staked their claim already - it's probably already been picked clean anyways. Let's head towards the west - I could due with a dip and a drink."

Necro_EX
2012-03-29, 12:44 AM
Heading up the western path you are greeted by the pleasantries of the local birds as several brightly colored thrushes spring out of a thick bush and take to the sky. The warbling of the myriad avian species a beautiful song played in air around you.

After a short trek through the forest, climbing over a felled tree and overcoming a small cliff face you come to a clearing. A serene display of nature's beauty lies before you; a cascade of water flows softly down from higher ground into a small lake of crystal water, a thin river flowing to the east from there, and several deer drinking from the lake stopping momentarily to observe your approach.

Bonnero
2012-03-29, 04:49 AM
I wasn't suggesting stealing, perhaps we could have come to an arrangement"Garun wanders around the clearing,"Apparently I was wrong about us having a clearer view, I suppose we could set up a base here and go off exploring the surroundings, see if we can't find something up the hill."

I do not trust those deer, they didn't run when we came in :P. Anyway Awareness check to see whether I notice anything about the surroundings that suggest lucrative business opportunities [roll0]

Necro_EX
2012-03-29, 10:12 AM
Looking around the surrounding area, Garun finds nothing of real value. A few scraps of metal lying about and some fruit that might make good refreshment but without a cooling unit to carry them in there would be no way to get them back to the city.

The deer watch Garun as he looks about.

PresentPresence
2012-03-29, 07:29 PM
Yakkehty slowly waded into the lake, walking until the water came to his, um, 'heel'. He did not step any further - he did not want his armor to get wet. "Excuse me, fellow hoofed ones. My, my, aren't you brave? Your kind are normally so skittish..." He bends down and cups some water in his hands, slowly sipping it. "Anything worth picking up, Garun?"

Bonnero
2012-03-29, 08:01 PM
"Well, if we run out of food there is some fruit lying about, as for anything of value, depends how much we'd get for scrap." Garun approaches the herd of deer slowly. "As for these fellows, I don't know of any tame deer in these parts, they're either incredibly used to we bipeds, or have never seen any of our kind before. The fact that they don't consider a giant shiny yak intimidating, suggests to me the former" He thinks to himself, animals are strange, machines are much simpler.

Necro_EX
2012-03-30, 01:36 AM
As the two of you approach the deer two of the three of them suddenly appear very startled and spring into the air, hopping and running to flee the area as swiftly as they might. The third ducks its head swiftly as Garun comes near looking rather shocked suddenly, its slim antlers gleaming in the sunlight as they dart back and forth in the creature's trembling. Its gaze seems to be beyond Garun, its fear seems to come from another source. Something distant, shrouded by the thick forest.

KRRRRRRRRRDSHHHHHH

BBRRRRAAAAAMMM

A heavy sound resonates from the east, shaking the ground, trees, and even the air around you. Branches are left bare, the water flowing from the lake is forced backward momentarily, and that last deer sprints off into the distance after making its profile as low as it could for an instant. The sky goes black with birds above and you are showered with feathers; a rainbow precipitation of down and flight feathers, all manner of hues fall to the ground around your feet. Looking to the east a column of thick, black smoke rises from somewhere deep in the forest.

Whipping around reflexively to look to the east you just barely see three small humanoid creatures rushing toward the clearing you stand in, their oversized heads bobbing back and forth held onto their bodies by thin necks like the stems of cherries.. Before the three of you can react one of the tiny things opens its mouth, revealing a mouthful of dagger-like jagged yellow teeth and a ribbed, purple tongue, to scream, eschewing forth bright yellow saliva as it does so.

TWANG
TWANG
TWANG

The three of them stop and fire their bows, loosing crooked arrows from their crude weapons.

Here, have a map:
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm344/NecroEX/Encounter1-base.jpg
Green bubbly things are trees, the darker brown areas with black lines are cliff faces, the ones around the waterfall are much steeper and much taller than the other. The colors for your pieces are keyed to your voice color.

Gonna look for a map program or something while my tablet is out of commiss.

Necro_EX
2012-03-30, 02:38 AM
Silly me, can't edit in rolls.
Have some rolls yo.

Three shots coming your way.

The first at Garun:
[roll0] +3ACC/+6DMG

And two at our large friend Yakkehty:
[roll1] +3ACC/+6DMG
[roll2] +3ACC/+6DMG

After this preemptive round the heroes act first.

Bonnero
2012-03-30, 07:20 AM
well got an evasion of 9 so I'm missed woo. shooting at the chap who shot at me [roll0]+3(damage+3) oh and I'll delete a post as well, silly GitP was consistently error 503ing when I was trying to poast
"Well, they may not mind us, they don't seem to like these guys though. He watches an arrow fly by, They're not great shots at least, I'll show them what a good aim does."
wow I like consistently roll 8s hopefully my boasting didn't jinx it :P

aturtledoesbite
2012-03-30, 01:49 PM
Marat sees his comrades under fire, and turns his head toward the arrows' source. "Goblins!" Marat becomes extremely agitated almost instantly. "KiLl ThE gObLiNs! KiLl ThEm AlL!"

Marat attacks the nearest goblin, moving toward the group of them.

[roll0]
For Attack: +4
For Damage: +10, divide sum by 2

EDIT: Hell yes. Let's call this "serendipitous rage". :D

PresentPresence
2012-03-30, 06:52 PM
The two arrows thud into Yakkehty's armor, squarely piercing him. With a grunt, Yakkehty rips the arrows out of his hide. "You've damaged my armor. That's a shame. It appears you've earned my companion's wrath, and now you've earned mine as well. Prepare yourself for a swift end!" He raises his shield, which begins glowing with an otherworldly light. He rushes towards the vile beasts, his hoofs splashing out of the shallow water of the lake. "Stay behind me, Garun, and level your volleys at these fiends."
Yakkehty's armor reduces the damage to a total of 7. Good thing I'm so beefy! :smallbiggrin: I'll take an Instant Action to Cover Garun, another Instant to activate Shield of Light, and a Standard Action to move towards the goblins.

P.S. Excellent environment descriptions!

Necro_EX
2012-03-30, 07:40 PM
Garun's shot misses the twisted creatures, lodging a bullet deep in a tree and sending splintered bits of wood in every direction. Marat's musical magic assault trembles the trees and strikes one of the vile things, noticeably shattering its frontmost teeth and rupturing blood vessels atop its head.

Another volley of arrows flies forth from the forest.

One for everyone.

Garun: [roll0] +3/+6
Yakkehty: [roll1] +3/+6
Marat: [roll2] +3/+6

Updated map:
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm344/NecroEX/Encounter1-1.jpg

Bonnero
2012-03-30, 07:49 PM
"Impressive Marat, maybe we should get you mad more often."Garun notices one of the creatures moving towards the forest."Looks like they're trying to flank us. Perhaps I will be able to remove all the greenery before then however."
attack roll at the one nearest the cliff edge [roll0]+3(+6 damage)

aturtledoesbite
2012-03-30, 07:51 PM
One of the goblins' arrows narrowly misses Marat, further increasing his rage. "InFeRnAl GoBlInS! i WiLl NoT aLlOw YoU tO mUrDeR aNyOnE eLsE wItH yOuR aCcUrSeD aRrOwS!" Marat quickly begins playing a highly volatile tune with his harp, focusing the song's energy toward one of the goblins' bows.

Uses Explosive Performance on a goblin's bow, not the one I attacked last round.

PresentPresence
2012-03-31, 10:01 AM
Yakkehty roars as another arrow pierces him in the shoulder, bypassing his armor. He continues on his angry path towards the goblins, closing the distance between them and his blade.
5 damage, moving closer to the pair of goblins, maintaining SoL. Is that a cliff in between us?

Necro_EX
2012-03-31, 02:02 PM
Yes, that is a cliff between you. I'll need an Athletics check if you want to pass over that terrain without issue, sliding down it or just hopping off the ledge. It's about 8 or so feet high so it's a big enough a drop that screwing up would hurt a bit, but probably nothing too serious.

PresentPresence
2012-03-31, 07:21 PM
While an epic aerial suplex would be awesome, I think that would rely on a critical. :smallbiggrin: Here's an Athletics roll anyway: [roll0]

Necro_EX
2012-03-31, 11:22 PM
Yakkehty's slide down the cliff face is met with quite a bit of turbulence. Seems the heavy hoofed paladin lacks in grace.

Failed the check by one step, so you'll take a bit of damage sliding down but still finished your move into close range.

[roll0]

Two of the creatures meet Yakkehty in melee, flailing their weak limbs at the armored yakman. The third opens its maw spouting out vile shrieks and a moutful of blood, froth, and shattered enamel.

Two flail attacks at Yakkehty:
[roll1] -2 ACC, +6 DMG
[roll2] -2 ACC +6 DMG

Call for Help:
[roll3]

Updated map:
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm344/NecroEX/Encounter1-2.jpg

aturtledoesbite
2012-03-31, 11:35 PM
Marat notices the goblin crying for help. "HoW dOeS iT fEeL? hOw DoEs It FeEl To Be On ThE vErGe Of DeAtH, wItH nO oNe To HeLp YoU?" Marat ceases his psychopathic ramblings to strike the goblin with another blast of sound.

[roll0]
+4 for ACC
+10, sum/2 for damage.

Also, don't you just love psychotic elves? ::::)

PresentPresence
2012-04-01, 12:34 AM
As Yakkehty slides down the cliff, he trips on a root growing out of the wall and tumbles roughly to the ground. This causes the first goblin to miss his intended face-punch. The second goblin, who happens to be the less honorable of the two, went for where it thought the yak-man would be most tender. Due to Yakkehty's new trajectory, this caused him to get a swift uppercut to his weak chin, his Achilles' heel. With a soft grunt, he collapses on the ground, his shield still pulsating with a holy glow and his sword sheathed impotently in its ornate scabbard.

The first one misses and the second one connects. Can monsters perform critical hits? If so, my HP is now -19. If not, my HP is now -1. Either way, lights out for Yakkehty. Shield of Light would enable me to counterattack the second blow, but I'm not sure if it works when I'm incapacitated or how to calculate it. It says it deals 100% M.ARM Holy damage that ignores M.ARM and Shell, but I'm not sure what that means.

In his dazed state, Yakkehty is greeted by a vision of his late master. "Down and out in the first round, old chum? I would have expected better from you. You could likely grasp one of their scrawny necks in just one of your hands!" Yakkehty's eyes rolled into the back of his head, and his spirit jabbed back at the old ghost. "Am I to be blamed for the position of each and every piece of infernal topiary foundation?" The ghost responded mirthfully, "I guess when you stand so far from the ground, you forget to look at your feet! You must work on your awareness, my son, or you'll forget to look out for the downtrodden." The spirit flickered away, and Yakkehty gratefully embraced the cold slumber of unconsciousness.

Necro_EX
2012-04-01, 01:22 AM
SoL, from what I gather, would allow you to make a counterattack based on SPR or INT (since that's where MARM damage comes from) but since you're no longer conscious you wouldn't get this one sadly.

Dig the pass-out hallucination, beeteedub. :3

Bonnero
2012-04-01, 05:14 AM
"Yaketthy, you good?" Garun rolls his eyes at the fallen yak and shouts to Marat. "Let's get those things off him so I can get him back on his feet."
attack roll first at the previously wounded one [roll0]+3(+6 damage) then move as much as I can as an instant action to get closer to my fallen comrade, if not then next round I suppose, good thing only bosses can do coup de graceses :P

Bonnero
2012-04-01, 05:27 PM
athletics roll to go over the edge, assuming that is an instant action
[roll0] no bonus, this should be fun
Garun moves to the edge of the cliff and slides down it, after taking his shot at the goblin he'd hit earlier.

Necro_EX
2012-04-02, 02:05 AM
A bullet whizzes through the creature flailing about the Yakman, bright crimson blood splattering against the nearby tree. The horrible monster shrieks, clutching its fresh wound and collapsing to the ground, the other still flailing about and frothing in madness.

Sadly, 8 is just short here.
Take [roll0] damage as you tumble down the ridge.

SsssssssssssKKSSHHHHHHH

Another massive sound erupts from deeper in the forest, shaking the trees and the earth below you. Off in the distance animals of all manner run through the forest heading north and west, fleeing this unknown sound's source. The sound from the east completely drowns out Marat's aural assault.

The flailing, frothing, feral fiend flees from the scene upon hearing the titanic cacaphony, tripping and falling over itself all the while.

The third, previously wounded by Marat approaches the bard by the bank of the bubbling brook.

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm344/NecroEX/Encounter1-3.jpg

Bonnero
2012-04-02, 09:24 AM
a choice between finishing the encounter so yakkehty gets up with 1hp, or healing him from unconciousness and not having any way to heal him in combat? sorry buddy I'm ending this encounter now.
Garun's descent was not graceful, jutting rocks tearing at him on the way down. He comes to a stop and dusts himself off"Well that could have gone better, and that noise is getting closer, we should probably clear out, but let's deal with you first". Garun aims at the goblin, gabbling at Marat across the gap. technically isn't this flanking? as we're both ranged? Also not sure I can just walk up to him and put the barrel to his head, Garun's not that evil, he's just pragmatic, anyway, the roll [roll0]+3(+6 damage)

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-02, 05:22 PM
Marat focuses on the goblin coming toward him. "GeT aWaY!" He begins to play a song; a song that sucks the life out of foes.

Playing Healing Etude in reverse. To remind you, the goblin has to make a difficulty 14 resistance check. If he fails, he loses 50% of his max HP. And to make sure you don't just read over that, that is not current HP, that is max HP. Since that's a mistake I would likely make. :::P

Necro_EX
2012-04-03, 08:20 AM
The shot whizzes past the head of the goblin, throwing up a cloud of dirt as it embeds itself in the bank opposite Garun.

Makin' that check:
[roll0]

The creature pivots its head toward Garun upon hearing the shot fired, leaving it vulnerable to Marat's song. Its eyes roll back, showing only the white as its legs give out and it collapses, rolling into the brook and floating off to the east.

Bonnero
2012-04-03, 09:22 AM
healing check on our shaggy friend [roll0]
"You're welcome, Marat."Garun runs over to the fallen yakkehty. "Lets get you back on your feet, er, hooves." Garun thinks to himself, Always been better with machines than people
also if the battle is over then I'm refining these goblins, my thoughts on how refining intelligent enemies and not your standard beasts or machines will be in the OOC

PresentPresence
2012-04-03, 10:34 AM
The Yorukh struggles but finally manages to stand up. He cracks his neck and examines his wounds. "Eh? That's all it took? These are nothing! Must be going soft. I need to learn some of your ferocity, Marat!"

Necro_EX
2012-04-03, 10:39 AM
Refining from one of these buggers gives you a smoke bomb. Turns out their saliva is a pretty reactive chemical. Put a little bit of it in a leather sac with some water and you've got an effective escape tool.

-fanfare-
Everyone gets 1 experience for the combat, Yakkehty's already back up to 1hp.
The enemy drops nothing.

Oh, also if I could get a Lore: General check from errbody.

Bonnero
2012-04-03, 01:49 PM
lore check [roll0] am assuming can't add my lore modifier in there :P in case I can then just add 3 to the result.

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-03, 04:07 PM
Marat becomes visibly relaxed now that the goblins are dead. "Little devils, those things. Now then, how's everyone holding up?" Marat notices Yakkehty's wounds. "Dear gods, are you alright? Here, allow me to help." Marat begins playing his harp.

Playing Healing Etude, aiming on Yakkehty. It heals 10% a round, however long that is.
Lore (General): [roll0] (As with Bonn, I don't know if my Lore: History ranks would increase this. If they do, add 4.)

PresentPresence
2012-04-04, 03:46 PM
"Aye, that's a lovely tune. I'm feeling better already! We could rest here, but I think we ought to investigate that infernally loud noise first."

[roll0]+2 if Lore (Relics) applies.

Necro_EX
2012-04-04, 04:23 PM
Garun, something seems odd about this small pond. The water shimmers with a pale light and the grass seems somehow more green around its edge. You recall hearing tales of healing springs and such some time ago.

Bonnero
2012-04-04, 06:36 PM
"ah yes, this pool was bugging me, now I remember. Yakkehty, if you can hobble into this pool you can get yourself healed faster than my own basic first aid could do."
awareness check and stealth check to set up ambush in case of giant metal walky beasts. Awareness: [roll0] Stealth[roll1]
"In the mean time, Marat and I should set up an ambush in case that column of smoke is something bad for our health. I'll blind it at a chokepoint and you can hide somewhere to see what you're music can do it".

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-05, 02:00 PM
Marat stops his tune as the spring heals Yakkehty. "That sounds like a decent enough plan."

Awareness for smoke-making thing: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

Sorry about not posting yesterday. My internet was being wonky.

Necro_EX
2012-04-06, 06:16 PM
The column of smoke persists. Marat notices that it does not seem to be moving, its source appears to be stationary.

The forest seems to calm down, only the occasional bird's chirping can be heard over the babbling of the nearby waters.

Resting here, near the pond will bump your sleep up by one, from travel to full rest.

EDIT: Herp, fixed those tags.

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-06, 09:40 PM
Marat tells the others what he sees. "I can't tell what it is, but it's not moving. I think we can stay here for a while to rest."

Nice job botching up your spoilertags, Necco. ::::P

PresentPresence
2012-04-07, 02:17 AM
Yakkehty grunts an affirmative. "Good. We can deal with that after a nap and a sandwich - you guys did pack a lunch, didn't you? I don't want to have to go foraging for berries again."

Unless I eat grass, in which case...buffet time!

Bonnero
2012-04-07, 09:31 AM
presuming I can't use healing checks on myself I should probably have a quick dip in the pond too, however I choose instead to let the rest do the work and wait to see what happens
"There will be something in the cart, if you want to go and get it, otherwise if you're fine and dandy now, perhaps find a place to hide, in case that smoke gets any closer" Garun's own voice at a loud enough level to negate his hiding place if anything were to be within earshot.

Necro_EX
2012-04-07, 02:17 PM
Resting for some time in the pool allows you to recover from the earlier confrontation and your travel deep into the forest. All the night the forest remains quiet, hardly a sound to be heard over the brook you camp near.

Morning comes with the intense brightness of the sun, shedding its warm glow upon you and all around you acquires that yellow glow of the sun as it creeps over the valley walls.

Your path continues to the northwest, and the column of smoke can still be seen off in the distance to the east.

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-07, 02:25 PM
Marat takes some time to consider the group's options. "That cloud of smoke doesn't appear to have moved. We can either continue along the path we were heading or we can sneak up on whatever is making that smoke and ambush it. My choice would be to head toward it. For all we know, it could be a forest fire. If it is, then heading toward it would at least put us closer to the entrance."

Bonnero
2012-04-07, 04:15 PM
"I'd rather we go deeper into the forest and look for what we're being paid for." Garun heads up the path to go deeper into the forest. "If it is a forest fire well, we're camped out in a clearing next to a body of water."

PresentPresence
2012-04-10, 10:54 PM
Yakkehty drifts off a little in the healing springs, the water seemingly miraculously closing his arrow wounds. However, his armor is still damaged - he'll need to take a look at that when he can find some down-time.Not really a game mechanic or anything. Just ponderings."I'd rather get to the job at hand myself, but the smoke does intrigue me. I'd like to think I'm not such a buffoon that I would be ambushed twice by some idiotic green-skinned fiends, so we should be wary of a trap. Perhaps the smoke is from a campfire. There's a possibility that we could find some battle-capable people there who could assist us in case of another attack - safety in numbers and all that. Or an even more dreadful thought...there could be victims. If that is true, than we cannot simply leave them there, especially if there are survivors."

Necro_EX
2012-04-15, 01:55 PM
You trek forward on the trail, heading Northwest. Over the course of hours the path thins out and completely disappears into the green of the forest; the thick undergrowth consuming it like a voracious beast. The column of smoke grows fainter and eventually disappears into the blue sky as you push forward. It seems the further you get from the black smoke the more calm the forest is.

As the sky begins to shift in color with the sun lowering you come across the mouth of a cave in the side of a small cliff.

Survival checks from anyone wanting to keep track of the trail as you head further and further away from it.

Also, perception from everyone if'n ya would.

Bonnero
2012-04-15, 02:05 PM
survival I have so I shall make use of it: [roll0]
Awareness(perception, whatever :P):[roll1]

"hmm the path is hard to follow, I best try and mark it as best I can."Garun uses a wrench from his toolkit to gouge marks in trees."I know you might want to help those by that cloud of smoke Yakkehty, but I fear that the noises from that direction might be more than we could handle."

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-15, 05:05 PM
Marat quietly travels along, clearly irritated the group isn't heading toward the smoke. He was looking forward to possibly finding goblins to kill.

Survival: [roll0]
Awareness: [roll1]

PresentPresence
2012-04-28, 07:51 PM
Survival: [roll0]
Awareness: [roll1]

"Perhaps you are right. For the moment, let's just follow this trail."

Necro_EX
2012-04-29, 02:59 PM
Welp, everyone passed that awareness check. :D

The three of you can hear faint traces of noise coming from deep within the cave. It is a rhythmic, metallic sound much like gears slowly turning or pistons off in the distance.

As the sun begins to set the forest loses its brilliant glow in favor of a cloying darkness that stretches from tree to tree blanketing the entire area in blackness, leaving only the gleaming eyes of the forest's creatures to be seen off in the distance reflecting the pallid moon light. A dim light can be seen from within the cave, making it markedly brighter than the outside.

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-29, 04:07 PM
Marat whispers to the group. "Someone's in there. What's the plan? Personally, I say we should sneak in there and see if whatever's in there is hostile. Then decide what to do afterward."

Bonnero
2012-04-29, 04:48 PM
"I agree that stealth might be the best step forward. Though I feel that it might be best you go in and scout, and if anything tries to kill you then Yahketty and myself can run and back you up." woo the game continues, good thing that glowing save point was nearby

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-29, 04:53 PM
"Alright then. I'll call you if it's friendly or I need help. If you don't hear anything in five minutes, then it's up to you to figure out whether I need help or I got eaten whole." Marat sneaks his way in the cave, using the shadows for cover.

[roll0]

Let's see what happens.

Necro_EX
2012-04-29, 06:59 PM
The cave entrance hums with the gentle winds blowing through as Marat descends into its depths. The path is fairly straightforward, a gently curving vein of emptiness in the ground. The walls of slick with a softly glowing moss or lichen of some undiscernable hue, hard to tell whether they glow blue or green.

After a minute's travel the tunnel opens up into a chamber wherein a small camp site rests. Scattered bones and scraps of cloth and food lie about on the ground around the crudely fashioned spit and tents as well as some chipped and busted tools and a single tunic. Leather and fur bedrolls lie sprawled out around the spit, all evenly spaced and flatly laid except for one that looks as if it had been tossed against the cave wall in frustration.

On the far end of the room is a crude wooden door fastened to a frame of wood in an opening six feet high and three feet wide. Beside this door rests a canoe leaning against the cave wall. Its underside has much of the same moss as the walls, shedding a soft light. The mechanical sounds are subtly louder this deep in the cavern, but still seem distant.

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-29, 07:13 PM
Marat examines the campsite. Hmm...judging by the tunic, whatever's here seems to be humanoid at the very least. The crude tools imply that they're more fiend than man. Probably... "GoBlInS!" Marat barges through the door, harp in hand and ready to knock in some goblin heads.

Necro_EX
2012-04-30, 12:28 AM
Throwing the door open reveals a tunnel leading either to the left or right, the path to the left curving up and the path to the right down. The steeper parts of this tunnel have had wooden planks forced into the floor like makeshift stairs.

Looking to the left another door can be seen some distance away, with a simple wooden wall to either side of it. To the right the tunnel continues down some way and water can be heard running.

Give me an awareness check if you would. :3

PresentPresence
2012-04-30, 03:52 PM
Yakkehty softly whistles an old mountain tune. He turns to his partner impatiently, and asks, "How long d'you think it's been now, Garun?"

His old master's voice flickered into the back of his skull. Patience is a virtue, young grasshopper. What does that even mean? I'll tell you when you're older.

aturtledoesbite
2012-04-30, 05:08 PM
I wonder...are the fiends really smart enough to build these things? The structures are starting to get a tad more advanced. And then to the right...there are no structures at all. Which way should I go...? Marat decides to flip a coin to determine which way he should explore.

Coin flip to see whether I'm going left or right. 1 for left, 2 for right. [roll0]
Awareness check: [roll1]

Left it is, then. Marat heads leftward, climbing up the makeshift stairs while keeping an eye out for anything that stands out.

Bonnero
2012-04-30, 08:09 PM
"I don't think it's been 5 minutes yet. but I don't fancy standing outside sticking out like a sore thumb if any residents decide to return. We should wait inside. That is clearly safe, unless something got the drop on our friend". Garun peers cautiously into the cave and enters awareness check, for kicks [roll0]

Necro_EX
2012-04-30, 11:02 PM
Marat, traveling up the makeshift stairs for a brief moment takes you around a bend in the tunnel. At the end of this bend you are faced with another simple wooden door in a frame of wood set into the stone walls of the cavern. These walls do not reach to the height of the opening they are set into and you can plainly see that they have been battered from within. Cracks run through many of the planks and the top of these walls are splintered outward. The door is in only very slightly better condition, likely due to the two strips of iron bound across it. It seems the door is slightly ajar.

--

Garun, Yakkehty stepping into the cave only so far leaves you in a tunnel barely wide enough for the latter to fit through. You definitely wouldn't be able to swing your sword about in here with ease.

Brushing against the stone walls several times moving into the tunnel-like entrance of the cave, Yakkehty has acquired a faint blue-green glow.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-01, 02:13 PM
What in the world...? It's almost like...something was breaking out. Marat peeks through the slightly-opened door (opening it just enough to see if he can't see inside already), with harp in hand in case anything comes out at him.

Awareness to see what's in there: [roll0]
Stealth to not be seen myself: [roll1]

Sweet. :D

Bonnero
2012-05-01, 05:49 PM
"Well Yahketty, I think we should head deeper, no real oppurtunity for us, well you, to turn around." Garun whispers to his large friend. " It seems we won't be needing any sort of light source going in. Even if this stuff isn't growing on the walls we can just use you."

lore monster roll to see if I might know if this glowy stuff is the byproduct of something unpleasant. Or if not if I might not recognise the sorts of things that might have been living in the antechamber thing. [roll0]

Necro_EX
2012-05-02, 01:31 AM
Marat, peering through the gap between the door and the frame it so loosely sits in you see a mostly empty chamber, roughly the size of the chamber you had just been in. There are a few bones and tatters of cloth about the ground and a puddle of some indiscernible liquid on the far end of the chamber. Mounted to the wall you can see three pairs of shackles from where you are. One has been torn from the wall and lies on the ground, its chain resting in the tiny pool of liquid.

--

Garun, Yakkehty, you come to the aforementioned chamber with the tents, spit, and canoe. Looking at the tools and structures in the room it is hard to place the origin of the objects. They seem far too crude to be anything used by the human empire of Pleros or the Leo's kingom of Leosraum. They look similar to the tools employed by the less wealthy folk of Sylvera, but still too crude. It seems unlikely that the savage goblins would have access to some of the metals used in these tools.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-02, 12:25 PM
It seems something did break out. What is this place? A prison? Marat looks around for anything that seems worth examining.

Awareness to look around: [roll0]
Lore: History for...I dunno, whatever: [roll1]

If I find anything, I'll stay and examine further. If not, I'm turning around and heading for that other cavern I skipped earlier.

EDIT: If it's okay with you, I'm just going to put Awareness checks in all posts while we're in this cave, unless I'm responding to one of the other PCs.

PresentPresence
2012-05-02, 07:34 PM
"I'm going to need a strong scrubbing after this delve. I'm glowing like a glompworm in heat. And this place smells like one, too. Let's hope it expands on the way in."

Bonnero
2012-05-03, 09:31 AM
"Well unless Marat found a secret passage, it would be safe to assume he went through that door. Depending on the size of this cave he not be all that far off. I'm fine waiting here for his return, if you're too cramped feel free to have a look round. But don't get too far off, you might not find our way back" Garun moves over to the canoe and takes it off the wall. "I'm intrigued by this moss, I should study it, might be we could have ourselves an organic torch."
going to do a tinker roll to see if I can make something of the moss, and whilst I'm here I'll give a proper look inside the tents. Awareness [roll0]
synthesis tinker [roll1]

Necro_EX
2012-05-03, 10:04 AM
Searching through the empty chamber you find nothing of particular interest. That is, until you spot something reflecting light oddly in the pool of unknown liquid. Upon further inspection you find it to be a silver ring lying in a pool of blood. You instantly recognize the design of the ring and the symbol on the top of it. It is an Elhwaiin family's signet ring, belonging to a member of the Aiirusk family, a smaller noble house that had lived in the same area you once had.

--

Garun, you attempt to discern the qualities of the moss, but find there is little you can do with it at the moment. However, you do note it keeps its glow for a good while after being plucked from the cavern wall, so it could possibly be used to light your way.

Searching the tents you find little of interest. More broken tools, another bedroll, and a bone or two.

This chamber is suitably large for Yakkehty to stretch a little.

PresentPresence
2012-05-03, 01:06 PM
Yakkehty throws his arms out wide and stretches. "I was starting to feel like I was going to implode in that tunnel. The Yorukh are built to live on the mountains, not under them." He shakes himself vigorously to try to rid himself of the glowing moss, but to no avail. "Well, if you need a torch, you've got one right here - and this one can swing a sword. Now, where did that little guy run off to..."

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-03, 03:36 PM
The Aiirusks...I remember them. Why would one of their rings be here? What is this place? Marat decides to put on the ring for safekeeping. He figures it wouldn't have any unsavory magical effects, considering it's a family ring. He then decides to turn back around and take the other path he previously left behind.

Awareness for whatever: [roll0]

Bonnero
2012-05-03, 08:40 PM
"Well Yahketty, I think we should start looking for Marat. Hopefully the tunnels won't get any smaller than they were at the entrance for your sake.
Garun heads through the door.

Necro_EX
2012-05-04, 11:07 AM
As Marat passes by the open door you each notice one another.

Suddenly reminded of that Dead Ale Wives bit.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-04, 03:27 PM
Marat says to the others, "Garun. Yakkehty. I think this cave is - or was - some sort of prison. There were sets of shackles embedded in the wall in the cave down that way," Marat points down the cave which he just returned from, "and I found this there, too." Marat shows the group the signet ring he found, taking it off of his finger. "It's a family ring, belonging to one of the lesser Elhwaiin nobles' houses. Whatever this place is, I don't like it. There's also another cavern down there which I haven't yet explored. I was heading there now, actually." Marat motions for the group to follow him down the cave.

Awareness for whatnot: [roll0]

PresentPresence
2012-05-06, 11:42 AM
"Let's hope the cavern is cavernous. Onward!"

Necro_EX
2012-05-06, 11:51 PM
Assuming you're all heading down the way Marat intends to go.

The tunnel to the right bares the same glowing moss as the rest of the cavern, only in such a thickness that it seems as if it were seeping from the stone itslef. Thick globs of glowing bluegreen fungi slide down the walls of the cavern, pooling in some areas of the floor.

The cavern opens up into another chamber, with a high ceiling constantly dripping slimy fungus onto the ground and into the massive pool of water ahead of you. The water's surface is literally blanketed in the glowing fungus, with thick bubble-like deposits forming and bursting constantly. To your left is a wooden structure, much like a pier, with a wooden frame surrounding an opening into another chamber. Crates and barrels clutter the pier and the room beyond, some partially covered in white cloth.

The wall of the cavern cuts sharply above the pool of water.

awareness checks from errbody.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-07, 01:53 PM
Marat whispers to the group, to avoid being overheard by...anything. "Do either of you know anything about that moss? Or about this place?" Marat looks around, seeing if there's anything else alive lying around other than the moss.

Lore - History to possibly recognize something or another: [roll1] (I don't exactly remember my Lore bonus, but I think it was +4. If not, then adjust it accordingly.) I finally got around to checking my sheet. It is indeed +4.

PresentPresence
2012-05-09, 09:07 PM
"Other than being awfully sticky and luminous...not much. I could list you a few of the graze-able lichens found in my home's rolling pastures, but I'm not sure if it would be very palatable for the likes of you. No offense meant, of course."

Bonnero
2012-05-13, 03:26 PM
awareness check 2d6+2
"hm what sorry?" Garun snaps out of the haze he was in. "the moss? The moss glows for a while after it's taken off the wall, that is all I could ascertain". He looks around, "though we won't be needing to take any off the wall to light our way around here. As for your question about this place, I can't help I'm afraid, definitely a camp though. Too advanced for uh, goblins, but too primitive for the rest of us, it's like this is a place that Earth cavemen might have lived or something."

Bonnero
2012-05-13, 04:02 PM
as the roll was botched lets try again [roll0]

Necro_EX
2012-05-14, 05:27 PM
Awareness check reveals nothing.

Seems the only way forward is up on the platform, through the door.

Bonnero
2012-05-15, 08:01 AM
"hmm, I'm curious as to what those barrels might contain,but I imagine they will be here when we return, I wonder what is in the next chamber.
Garun climbs the ladder and peers into the other chamber cautiously.
awareness [roll0] stealth check for not getting spotted peeking [roll1]
well fudge, that could have gone better.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-15, 10:03 AM
Marat asks Garun to reconsider opening the barrels. "I wouldn't be completely sure on those barrels staying here. For all we know, some boat or some such might come by and pick them up. We might as well check the barrels now."

Necro_EX
2012-05-16, 09:01 AM
Peering through the opening into the next chamber Garun spots a massive metal door on the far side of the chamber with intricate sculpting depicting the image of an old Elhwaiin goddess of fertility and pouring out from beneath her dress a flood of all manner of creatures. At chest height in the center of the gate is a softly glowing red stone set into a circular design in the door.

Aside from this door the chamber is nearly empty, save another stack or two of crates and a single barrel lying on its side, its contents spilled onto the floor; several pale red fruits lie scattered about the ground in front of the barrel.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-16, 10:11 AM
Marat follows Garun toward the next room. "Well, I guess that answers what's in these barrels. I don't think eating them would be the best idea unless either of you happen to know what they are. As for that door..." Marat walks up to the door and studies it carefully, seeing if he recognizes anything on it.

Lore: History for door: [roll0]
Awareness for whatever: [roll1]

Necro_EX
2012-05-17, 10:30 AM
Marat: Upon closer inspection, you recognize the fruit as Red Slumber, a fruit that has become exceedingly rare in the days after the cataclysmic event that created the Great Wastes. The Elhwaiin venerated the fruit in ancient times for its hallucinogenic properties and slumber inducing juice.

Inspecting the door you recognize the ancient goddess depicted on as Elsthaa, a goddess of fertility believed to have birthed all the peoples of the world in ancient times, impregnated by the cosmos itself. Among the creatures depicted below her dress you easily spot a tribe of Elhwaiin in garb not worn outside of ceremonies in millenia, a single yeti, lanky four-armed creatures with bulbous heads carrying some sort of ark, and foul serpent folk slithering off to the side. It's only a moment before you notice what looks like a ravaging horde of Grekk spilling out from just below Elsthaa's dress carrying wicked blades and wearing pure malice on their faces.

The red orb in the center of the door continues to emit it's soft light and being this close to it you feel a warmth flow over your body, making you feel comfortable and at home. In the metal circle surrounding the glowing orb you can plainly see an engraving written in an ancient Elhwaain script.

Language roll, let's see if you can read it.

Just learned about some new feature Giant has to prevent double-posts.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-17, 04:41 PM
Marat restates his warning after recognizing the fruits. "Wait a second...I've heard of these fruit before. Garun, you might can make something out of them. They can put people to sleep and make them see...odd things." Marat turns his attention back to the door, examining all of the Elhwaiin symbols. Everything here...they're all things that the ancient Elhwaiin used to worship. Where are we? Marat focuses his attention on the ancient lettering, attempting to read the antiquated text.

Language: [roll0]
Awareness, again, for whatever: [roll1]
Lore: History to see if Marat can figure out why all of these ancient symbols would be here: [roll2]

EDIT: Crud. The one roll that was called for I might as well have botched. :(

Bonnero
2012-05-17, 05:03 PM
"hmm my ancient languages are a bit rusty, they weren't a large part of my course, will give it a go though." Garun peers at the writings. "As for the fruit, I might have read up on their practical applications as well."
though I botched my rolls last time, I feel confident enough with my knowledge rolls :P language: [roll0]
lore relics for the fruit, [roll1] seperate one for any other relics in the room? I'll do one on the door too [roll2]

Necro_EX
2012-05-18, 09:47 AM
Marat: looking at the ancient Elhwaiin you are able to read a few of the words inscribed on the metal. The words 'slumbering maiden' and 'birth chamber' are recognized easily enough having only changed slightly over the millenia.

While you inspect the door you can hear coming from beyond a rhythmic sound. Schlurp, drip, drop, schlurp, kssssshhhhhh, schlurp, drip, drop, schlurp, kssssshhhhhh. It is faint, muffled by the thick metal door.

Garun: You are able to gather slightly more meaning from the writing on the door as Marat and yourself inspect the writing. Written around the orb in the metal are the words 'Slumbering maidens enter the birth chamber _____ ___ birthed ____ the _____ of ______'

You vaguely recall hearing of the ancient fruits, but specimens of it are incredibly hard to come by.

Bonnero
2012-05-18, 07:03 PM
Garun gathers some of the fruit into his pack presuming items stack in slots? if so take 4, if not, then 2
"Birthing chamber? I'm afraid I don't know enough about your people's history, my specialisation was machines. Did you often have rooms like this for new mothers? Also, did you often put them into sleep?"
"This orb is fascinating, it might well be some sort of locking mechanism, I'll take a look at it, though I must admit I'm apprehensive to actually open it."
awareness check on the orb first [roll0] then a systems check [roll1] as I'm looking to not open the door immediately, should be interesting if I fail :P
well Gee my head's just exploded, 2 crits at once?

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-18, 07:06 PM
"I can't read all that much of it, sadly. Chances are you'll have better luck. But...there's something beyond the door. I can't tell what it is, but it sounds...odd." Marat chooses to inspect the orb set in the door. "And this orb...It's got some sort of magic to it. Can either of you figure out what kind of magic this orb has?"

Another Awareness for whatnot: [roll0]
Lore: History to see if there's any connection to these "sleeping maidens" and "birth chambers" to anything Marat sees in the room: [roll1]

EDIT: Geez, Bonn, cool it a little. We might need those sixes more after the door. :P

Necro_EX
2012-05-19, 10:23 AM
Garun: Inspecting the orb more closely you find that it is, in fact, a locking mechanism for the door. As Marat leans in closer to further inspect the door the orb glows slightly stronger, pulsing brighter as he gets closer. Inspecting the mechanism behind the orb it seems it functions similarly to a magnetic lock, much like the ones in Gear cockpits. Behind the orb, several metal arms move with each pulse.

Marat: The only connection to really be drawn is the fruit, which often induces slumber in one that consumes it.

They do go in stacks, Bonn. :3

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-19, 01:39 PM
I'm going to assume I noticed the orb's glow getting stronger, since I did have a fairly decent Awareness check and I'm kind of focusing on it.

"This glow...Garun, see if it reacts to you getting closer. I might have an idea."

PresentPresence
2012-05-20, 08:41 PM
Yakkehty gazes around the room and shivers slightly. "This whole place is giving me a chill down my spine. Figured today would just be another day on the job. Now we end up in some...birthing chamber? My people didn't need any special rooms for birthing. Our maidens merely found a pleasant meadow or a secluded field and coaxed out their pups. Conceiving chambers on the other hand, well, we have our share of those."
He then inspects the orb. "Tell me something of your people, Marat. Did they hold any special reverence for glowing red stones and elaborate bas-relief sculptures or is this...out of the ordinary? My people would carve runes in the mountains to mark important landmarks, but something as elaborate as this must be especially noteworthy. This orb in particular is very intriguing..."

I may not be able to divine this orb's specific purpose, but maybe I can form a hypothesis? Lore (Relics): [roll0]

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-20, 11:30 PM
"Well...I wouldn't really know if we use birthing chambers. Whether we do or not, let's just say I haven't exactly gotten in the position to find out. I'd have to take a guess, though, that this isn't exactly standard fare."

Necro_EX
2012-05-21, 01:59 PM
Ha, love it Presence. :D

Sadly, that 7 wouldn't turn up anything. :/

Also, assuming Garun takes a closer look at the orb:

The orb does not seem to react to Garun nor Yakkehty being closer.

Also, giving everyone an experience point because I feel like it.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-21, 08:07 PM
"So it's only myself...or, maybe..." Marat pulls off the ring he found earlier. "Maybe it's related to this? One of you, put this on and see if the orb starts reacting to you. Or it could just be that I'm an Elhwaiin, but oh well."

Random idea I cooked up somehow. Just roll with it.

Also, woo! +1 XP!

PresentPresence
2012-05-22, 10:28 AM
Yakkehty lets out a deep chuckle. "I doubt that that little charm would fit on any of my fingers. Looks like it's up to you, Garun. Good luck!" In the meantime, Yakkehty will look for any booby traps.

Bonnero
2012-05-22, 02:59 PM
"hmm an interesting idea, but who says we need wear it?" Garun stands back from orb, ties the ring to his gun and holds it at arms length towards the orb.
"I can't say my culture goes much for special chambers either. But then my people's culture is the same as those they live around. We're not too fussy about tradition in the least."

Necro_EX
2012-05-23, 09:29 AM
The orb does not seem to react to the outheld ring.

Bonnero
2012-05-23, 03:09 PM
Garun shrugs."Hm well it seems we may need to hold it then.". He removes the ring from his gun and holds it in his hand next to the orb.

"I hope there isn't anything bad on the other side."

before any combat begins I will hope to try and make something out of the fruits I have in my inventory. synthesis tinker[roll0]

Necro_EX
2012-05-24, 02:29 PM
The orb remains faintly glowing as Garun reaches toward it with his hand.

No need to tinker the fruit, they'll inflict the sleep status as-is.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-24, 03:14 PM
"Huh. I thought that would work." Marat lightly rests his hand on the orb, hoping it triggers something.

Necro_EX
2012-05-24, 03:16 PM
The orb glows brighter as Marat rests his hand upon it. It is warm to the touch as though the center of the orb was aflame, much like the warmth of a loved one's chest.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-24, 03:21 PM
"It's warm..." Marat pushes on the orb to see if it moves inward. Should that fail, he will attempt to remove the orb.

Necro_EX
2012-05-24, 03:24 PM
The orb does not budge.

Not with ease, at least. With some effort it can be shifted ever so slightly inward.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-24, 03:27 PM
"Hey, guys, help me push on this. We might be able to get it open."

Necro_EX
2012-05-24, 03:30 PM
Erm...strength checks errbody?

Bonnero
2012-05-24, 03:31 PM
"perhaps all you will need is the ring? But I shall certainly lend you a hand." Garun places the ring on his finger and joins marat in pushing the orb.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-24, 03:33 PM
Strength check. I'm assuming +1 since that's my rating. [roll0]

Bonnero
2012-05-24, 03:36 PM
strength test from me, again my rating is +1, if not needed well then that makes the maths easy :P [roll0]

PresentPresence
2012-05-24, 10:35 PM
"Be careful I don't crush your hands, then."

The resident yak better get a decent roll: [roll0]

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-24, 10:45 PM
Looks like this puny little elf Elhwaiin is showing up all of y'all's butts. :P

Necro_EX
2012-05-25, 09:51 AM
The orb, glowing and warm, shifts inward slightly pressing against the metal arms set behind it. It refuses to move any farther.

PresentPresence
2012-05-25, 04:06 PM
"Hmph. That gadget was pretty useless. Go to all this trouble, and their dinky little orb does jack-squat. Bah, this thing smells of money, but it's just a tease. What kind of a person creates an elaborate door hiding a mysterious secret and doesn't make it accessible? Are they just messing with us? We pushed the button - what more could they ask of us? I say it's time we bust the thing off its hinges."

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-25, 05:36 PM
"Maybe we have to do something else to unlock it?" Marat looks for any clues etched on the door.

Botched the Lore roll. Posting again.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-25, 05:41 PM
Let's try this again. Lore - History: [roll0]

Necro_EX
2012-05-26, 09:28 AM
Marat - You do recall hearing tale of Elhwaiin women using the Red Slumber during the birthing process to ease the pains of childbirth, and this fruit has had a long history with the worship of the goddess Elsthaa. Looking at the orb, it has the same deep shade of red as the fruit.

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-26, 02:24 PM
Marat begins to have an idea. The orb seems to react to me...and the fruit here...oh dear. Marat ponders eating the fruit in the hopes it triggers the door's opening.

Well, let's put my choice in the hands of the dice.
Stupidity (read: INT) check: [roll0]

If that's 6 or lower, Marat takes a bite out of one of the fruit. If it's snake eyes, Marat downs a fruit whole. If it's higher, he puts his idea on hold and asks the others their opinions.

EDIT: ...>_<

Marat picks up a fruit and examines it. Moments later, he downs the whole thing in a matter of seconds.

Bonnero
2012-05-26, 02:54 PM
"Well my Elven friend, that tale is fascinating, however none of us are mothers, and my child has already been born. I don't think any of us will be able to get in." Garun tosses Marat a fruit. "Though you are welcome to try. I for one don't wish to try my hand at drug use.

Necro_EX
2012-05-27, 11:05 PM
Marat - Within moments the fruit's effects become very apparent. The room begins to turn on its own ever so slightly offkilter from your own movements and every color becomes so much brighter. This is all shortly replaced by wondrous dreamscapes and joyous music as you slip into a deep slumber.

After mere moments of consuming the fruit whole Marat falls unconscious. As the lithe bard falls into slumber the orb in the door glows with an intense light and a blinding flash is let loose with the screeching of metal on stone.

Going to be a surprise round on you folks here, but this is all I have the time to type at the moment.

If anyone's wondering - here's the result of that botched stealth from earlier. :p

aturtledoesbite
2012-05-28, 02:14 PM
Marat continues to sleep soundly, even through all the noise.

I'm assuming I stay asleep for a good few rounds? How long, exactly?

Necro_EX
2012-05-31, 01:47 PM
Leaping forth from beyond the door come two small creatures not unlike those you had previously encountered. These are smaller, more feral beings with mouths pouring out vibrant yellow saliva between the gaps in their long and jagged teeth. Their black eyes filled with pure malice, one lunges at Yakkehty to bite his calf and the other pounces at Garun to dig its fangs into his chest.

The one coming at Yakkehty:
[roll0] +2 for damage

The one coming at Garun:
[roll1] +2 for damage

Bonnero
2012-05-31, 07:03 PM
"Oh dear I think we might have opened it." Garun's shock at the sudden events prevents him from seeing the feral goblinoid lunging at him. Noticing it only as it connects with his chest.
wow it's been a long time since we were last involved in combat I've had to read the rules again xD. Still I'm going to use one of the fruits on the blender on my chest, hope that it's not immune to sleep or something. will I need to roll anything for that? technically speaking I'm trying to force feed it the fruit so I guess that would be a strength check? [roll0]

Necro_EX
2012-06-19, 03:20 PM
Shoving the fruit in the mouth of the hungry devil instantly puts it to sleep on the ground below, a pool of blood, mucous, and saliva forming around its gaping maw, a sick pattern of sickly yellows and crimson.

PresentPresence
2012-09-10, 11:23 PM
Yakkehty barely has time to raise his shield up against the malevolent creature, much less dodge it. Luckily, his armor holds well against the feral onslaught - he is more injured by the stone floor when he falls back in surprise. From this position, he has little choice but to use his hooves to clomp his foe, aiming for where he assumes its brain would be, if the slobbering monstrosity indeed has one.

1 damage to Yakkehty. Now it's my turn: [roll0]
"Ain't that a kick in a teeth? Har har har."

Necro_EX
2012-09-17, 03:54 PM
Yakkehty's blade digs deep into the dagger-mouthed creature, spraying a crimson mist out through its back. Its eyes lose their sheen and it falls limp to the ground, sliding down the blade of the paladin's sword, the sound of tearing flesh grating on the eardrums of the yak-man.

The monster at Garun's feet lies dormant, snoring loudly.

PresentPresence
2012-09-19, 03:39 PM
Yakkehty brushes himself off and goes to try to rouse Marat. "Alright, my friend, now is not a good time for a nap. We've got company. Garun, keep an eye out for any more unexpected company."
What's the threshold to awaken him with a Healing check?

Necro_EX
2012-09-19, 11:35 PM
Ah, let's say...7.

PresentPresence
2012-09-20, 08:25 PM
Yakkehty squats down near Marat and tries to assess his condition, and hopefully remedy it. "Wakey, wakey..."
[roll0]

Necro_EX
2012-09-27, 10:09 AM
Success! Marat is stirn from his slumber.

aturtledoesbite
2012-09-29, 11:01 AM
Marat slowly wakes and rises. "Unnh...what happened?" Marat looks around, still sort of groggy.

Bonnero
2012-09-30, 05:53 AM
Garun looks to the groggy elf, "You ate the same fruit as I force fed this little guy." He indicates the snoring creature at his feet.
"I hope it proved insightful."
He goes back to looking around for other threats.

Awareness check [roll0] I was going to make a joke about necro posting but he already did.

Necro_EX
2012-10-01, 02:45 AM
Peering into the newly opened room, Garun can see metalic glints in the dark room ahead, reflecting the light of the cave-moss. This chamber appears almost perfectly pitch save for the blue-green light poring in from the chamber you currently occupy. In the distance faint, yellow-orange light seeps out from the shadows.

Granting everyone another experience.

Bonnero
2012-10-01, 08:06 AM
"Well chaps, we have a choice, stealthy action from now on, or prepare for a fight with more of these critters." Garun goes over towards the glinting metal, sneakily.
rolling stealth [roll0]
rolling awareness [roll1]

Necro_EX
2012-10-01, 10:28 AM
The cold air chills you to the bone as soon as you step over the threshold. Stepping into the dark chamber, you suddenly realize it is larger than it seemed before, it is truly massive, you've seen Gear hangars with lower ceilings. In the distance you hear a familiar sound, something between pistons pumping rhythmically and the squelching of an axe wound.

As you approach the source of the glinting light you see it, too, is much larger than you had thought. Before you lies a Gear, similar in build to the empire's standard, with the entire front of it missing as though it was torn in half.

aturtledoesbite
2012-10-01, 08:14 PM
"More of what critt--" Marat notices the body of the thing that Garun incapacitated. "Oh. Are you sure they don't already know we're here?" Marat grabs his harp and follows behind Garun.

Stealth: [roll1]

EDIT: Oh, derp. Forgot to do rollv. I don't think it matters for this, though.

Necro_EX
2012-10-08, 09:36 AM
Nothing new revealed by that roll.