PDA

View Full Version : Creatures whose natural attacks overcome DR/Magic

Answerer
2012-03-20, 09:13 AM
And I don't mean just by having DR/Magic: does anyone know of any creatures who have the specific ability to treat their natural attacks as magical for the sake of DR/Magic (or actually magical natural attacks)?

So far all I can come up with is the Monk...

Sgt. Cookie
2012-03-20, 09:21 AM
The Vampire template gives this, IIRC.

hymer
2012-03-20, 09:22 AM
The gargoyle springs to mind. Many (most?) creatures with DR/something also has some capacity to overcome DR/something or DR/somethingelse.

Answerer
2012-03-20, 11:04 PM
Both have separate entries saying it, that's true, but I think that's a redundant stating of the general rule. Still, I guess it will have to do. Thank you both.

If anyone can think of a creature whose natural attacks overcome DR/Magic without that creature having DR/Magic itself, I'd appreciate it.

Coidzor
2012-03-20, 11:14 PM
Can't think of any offhand, why do you want to know?

Answerer
2012-03-20, 11:18 PM
Homebrew project, based on Kellus's Xenoalchemist. I need to give "example monsters" for some grafts, and I basically want a Ki-based graft, but... I don't want to send the Xenoalchemist off hunting down some monks or ninjas, so I was trying to think of alternate ways of referring to those sorts of abilities (besides, the Ninja's version wouldn't even really fit).