PDA

View Full Version : Bardic Knack?

Jodah
2012-03-20, 02:23 PM
I don't want to take (i.e. there is no room in my build for) more than one level of bard. I don't really need the level, but bardic knack is super sexy for a skillmonkey.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to increase effective bard level so the knack actually matters. Glancing through a few guides I have not seen seen a way to do this, but if there is I bet someone here knows.

Socratov
2012-03-20, 02:44 PM
well... there is only 1 way (as far as i can recall) to raise your effective bardlevel: chaos music, but that is only for songs known, not for bardic knowledge or knack... I guess if you want it you will have to take bardlevels...

Btw, while we are now talking about Bardic knack, bardick knack gives you half your bardlevels as ranks in every skill, bards get speak language as a class skill, so with bardick knack do you get an extra language every 2 levels?

Jasdoif
2012-03-20, 03:14 PM
Btw, while we are now talking about Bardic knack, bardick knack gives you half your bardlevels as ranks in every skill, bards get speak language as a class skill, so with bardick knack do you get an extra language every 2 levels?No. Bardic Knack only gives its benefit when making skill checks, and you don't make skill checks with Speak Language.

Coidzor
2012-03-20, 03:38 PM
Your best bet is probably to get a custom item OK'd or repurpose an item that gives a bonus to bardic knowledge into a bonus to bardic knack.

Less likely would be to get an alternate progression OK'd for bardic knack, depending upon the DM. Something like 3/4 BAB progression or good save progression.

Socratov
2012-03-20, 03:55 PM
hm... too bad. Ah well, with bardic knack you need to invest less skillpoints, so you can spare enough for extra languages...