PDA

View Full Version : Lesser creatures

mc.jesus
2012-03-20, 08:50 PM
I'm looking for ways to reduce level adjustments as proposed near the end of the Player's Guide to Faerun by applying the lesser option to races with a level adjustment.

The thing is, that book never explicitly states the steps involved in reducing the base creature's abilities.

Specifically I'm looking to make a lesser Dragon.

Jack_Simth
2012-03-20, 09:09 PM
I'm looking for ways to reduce level adjustments as proposed near the end of the Player's Guide to Faerun by applying the lesser option to races with a level adjustment.

The thing is, that book never explicitly states the steps involved in reducing the base creature's abilities.

Specifically I'm looking to make a lesser Dragon.
I'm guessing that there are no listed exact steps because LA and CR are not exact sciences.

Where you want to look for guidance is the Improving Monsters (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#advancedMonsterChallengeRati ng) section, and think about applying them in reverse (or taking a base creature and adding special abilities until it meets the 'lesser dragon' critera you're after in your mind).

Coidzor
2012-03-20, 11:18 PM
If you want that, you're best off grabbing a low RHD dragon with low LA or going into homebrew territory. There's several dragons as monster classes on the homebrew subforum here.