PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Wars

Xealot7
2012-03-21, 08:57 AM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs29/i/2008/167/f/c/Stock___Arundel_Castle_1_by_GothicBohemianStock.jp g
Keep of the Creator

Each of you are in various places in the Keep of the Creator the place each of you now call home. Some of you are in the training grounds, some in your quarters and others in the dining hall. A young acolyte acting as a messenger arrives to each of you and each says roughly the same thing. "Sir (or Ma'am) the Prelate requests your presence at the Planning and Preparations Room." The young acolyte bows and leaves.

Each of you make your way to the Plan and Prep Room. There is a large round table with numerous maps laid out. On each wall massive book cases can be found, their contents holding books and tomes on tactics, strategy, and the like.

Around the table is Prelate Verona, General Trimmack, and Commander Tarrant. The Prelate is head of the Church of the Creator. She is an older woman with greying hair and a slender frame. She is strict but motherly and very devout. She wears a worried expression on her face. General Trimmack is a stout, disciplined man in his late forties and the ranking military official of the church. Commander Tarrant is the military official in charge of your Elite Unit. The fact that the three of them have called all of you here suggests you will soon be leaving on your first special forces mission.

The Prelate waits for all of you arrive patiently.

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-21, 09:14 AM
Finn Gilderoy,Male Human Barbarian

The hastened steps of Finn's boots echo through the halls and grow in volume as he approaches the war room. He forcefully flings the door open and steps in; an excited smile on his face ad he walks up to the table, his long blade clattering on his back. 'Bout time we started getting this show on the road. Oh, and sorry about the training dummies, I got a little carried away. He places his hands on the table and leans in, ignoring the other seats.

balistafreak
2012-03-21, 11:44 AM
Nadia and Rasiel, Female Human Summoner and Eidolon

He's loud, Nadia thinks at her companion as they walk behind the barbarian, flicking her long hair over her shoulder. Why do I suddenly have this sense of foreboding?

Easy, mate, returns Rasiel's calm thoughts. Some of the best people I worked with were louder.

Where are they now? Nadia asks, unthinking - simply trying to pick his thoughts.

Silence. Oops. That had come up again, and Rasiel disapproved.

Straightening his back, his wings awkwardly tucked and folded underneath a cloak that ended up making him looking almost like a hunchback, he nods past the guard at the door and enters. He spares no glance for those sitting in the room, instead choosing a corner to skulk in, clearly upset.

Nadia for her part coughs and dips a quick half-bow as she comes in, unsure of the etiquette. "Prelate. General. Commander," she addresses each in turn before darting over to a seat, trying to look anywhere that isn't occupied by a person.

Athaleon
2012-03-21, 01:15 PM
Kiavar Thrane, Male Human Paladin (Holy Gun)

The next to enter is the gunslinger, Kiavar Thrane. An exquisitely wrought pistol was holstered on each side of his hip, and a pair of less ornate pistols with gaping wide bores was crossed on a bandolier on his chest. A vest with several pouches held ammunition, and a longsword in its sheath, strapped to his hip beside a holster, completed the picture.

Nodding to the guard as he strides into the room, he gives a quick bow to the prelate before giving an equally terse salute to the officers present.

Bhaakon
2012-03-21, 05:04 PM
Trej, Male Half-elf Inquisitor.

Trej follows the gunslinger, hiding the annoyance at being pulled from his daily regimen. Joy, more immediate supervision, he sighs to himself, how I miss field work. The half-elf's unwieldy polearm is left leaning against the wall as he properly genuflects before the Prelate, salutes the Commanders, and silently takes seat.

Nanoblack
2012-03-21, 07:08 PM
Caesar, Male Human Cleric

Last to enter, dressed in simple, loose fitting clothing is a powerfully built, yet non-threatening man. Dark blue eyes gaze from underneath close cropped blonde hair, glancing to make eye contact with each person in the room then to their armaments. "It seems I came under armed and under armored." He lets a sly grin slip past his otherwise stony features as he approaches the table. Choosing the closest chair as his seat, he quietly sits and patiently awaits the briefing.

balistafreak
2012-03-21, 07:57 PM

The fair-faced male in the corner looks up, shaking his head as if dispelling some inner thought. "Hey, mate, you've got a friend in me. Not all of us go around kitted out." He shrugs, clearly unarmored and unarmed. "Don't complain," he says, but apparently not to the cleric.

Nadia crosses her arms, clearly unamused by something, but makes no comment, simply choosing to remain neutral for now. Seeing as all were gathered now - five, was it? - the leadership would definitely be starting any second now...

Xealot7
2012-03-21, 08:02 PM
The aging Prelate Verona beckons for the two guards at the door to exit and close the massive oak doors behind them. Once they have shut the doors she begins. "I had hope the five... six of you would have more time to work together as a unit before we called upon you, but I am afraid we have no such luxury."

She motions to Commander Tarrant who points to the map. "Forty Miles to the South, South-West we multiple reports of demonic activity. It is mostly to the northeast of the town of Kern in the surrounding countryside."

The Prelate begins speaking again. "Our reports indicate it is one fairly high ranking demon and multiple medium ranking demons backing it. If the reports are correct, it seems the creature is converting, or devouring farmers from the country side and it is getting closer to Kern daily."

The General steps froward for the first time. "With the Creator as my witness, you are hereby charged to eliminate these abominations through any means necessary."

The Prelate says a quick prayers as everyone bows their head. "May the Creator lead, guide, and protect you. May the Creator strengthen your resolve and empower you to protect his creations."

With that the Commander hands one of you a map with the locations circled. "Please be on your way within the hour. This is top priority. Speak to no one else aside the eight... nine of use in this room about this."

balistafreak
2012-03-21, 08:17 PM

Nadia's face becomes drawn and pinched with some boiling internal emotion as the Prelate seems to forget Rasiel's presence - twice. Only long years of Temple service keep her tongue in check.

"Well, this is news. I hadn't thought the threat would manifest so blatantly son soon," the unarmed man says, suddenly cracking his knuckles, all sense of decorum lost. "Let's not waste time here, hit the road now? Discuss tactics on the move."

"Hold it," the white-haired woman interjects. "Commander," she begins, assuming he will be most in touch with logistics. "There will be mounts for our rapid deployment? Surely we are not walking there."

Xealot7
2012-03-21, 08:25 PM
"You're mounts are being prepared as we speak and will be ready upon your arrival to the Stables."

Athaleon
2012-03-21, 10:45 PM

Ky thought quickly about the incursion and what it meant. That the fiends had made their appearance just forty miles away from the Keep was no accident. That troubled him, but his leaders obviously had no other information.

"Sounds straightforward enough." Without further ado, he nods to his superiors and turns to leave, already checking his kit and inspecting the minute mechanisms of his weapons.

Bhaakon
2012-03-21, 10:47 PM
Trej, Male Half-elf Inquisitor

"Your will be done Prelate, General, Commander" Trej murmurs through a barely hidden smile. Finally.

Athaleon
2012-03-21, 10:54 PM

Ky thought quickly about the incursion and what it meant. That the fiends had made their appearance just forty miles away from the Keep was no accident. That troubled him, but his leaders obviously had no other information.

"Sounds straightforward enough." Without further ado, he nods to his superiors and turns to leave, already checking his kit and inspecting the minute mechanisms of his weapons.

balistafreak
2012-03-22, 11:27 AM

"Well then, I'll go check out the gear and provisions -make sure everything's standard." Not that she doubted that the supplies, but it was a good habit - when your gear was your life, only a fool wouldn't check over them himself before setting out.

With that, the cloaked man and woman leave in the gunslinger's wake, side-by-side and yet distant.

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-22, 05:35 PM

Finn clutches the hilt of his nodachi in anticipation. Don't worry sir! he says addressing the commander I'll teach these demons the meaning of "death from above"!

Nanoblack
2012-03-22, 06:08 PM
Caesar, Human Cleric

Finn's zealous words find purchase in the worried expression on the clerics face. "I'll need a moment to ready my equipment. Shall we meet in the stables?" With that, he heads to his quarters, requesting the assistance of another along the way to assist in donning his armor. Minutes pass when a gleaming tower of steel enters the stables, with a stature more befitting of a golem than the man that left the briefing room. Making his way over to the sturdiest horse among them, he turns to face those already there. The faceplate of his helm, a gilded expression of indifference, is lifted by his heavy gauntleted hand. "I am ready to face this threat."

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-22, 06:28 PM

Out in the stables, Finn glares into the eyes of the horses one by one. In the heat of battle, fear was simply not an option. Not for Finn, and certainly not for the steed which would deliver him into the fray. Its not until about the 6th one down the line that he stops. You! he shouts in an attempt to test the horses will. You'll do just fine. He starts packing it with the most basic supplies. In his case, a canteen, a dagger, some spices, and a skillet. He lashes the small pack to the saddle when he notices Caesar. Heh, I just hope you can keep up in all that. He says in a joking tone.

Bhaakon
2012-03-22, 07:24 PM

Trej takes his leave of the meeting room with the others, and, as agreed, makes haste to gather his equipments and gather at the stables. "Let's be on our way. I doubt the fiends are idle," he says as he hauls himself into a saddle.

Xealot7
2012-03-22, 07:25 PM
The group finds that they have been given the best horses, and quality supplies. The horses are all heavy destriers. The church has many horses for many purposes, but for combat only the finest are ever used. Each horse is bred for combat and has received rigorous training. It has been said that secular armies have offered the church as much 10,000gp for one of the church bred and trained chargers. Only the best stallions trained from birth can earn the title of Charger on it's fourth birthday. Each of the chargers are named for their temperament when they finally enter service.

Kiavar Thrane has a lean, yet well muscled stallion by the name of Resolute. His mount is known for handling in a very consistent matter regardless of circumstances, to include the sounds of firearms. Resolute is buckskin in color.

Trej the Wanderer has a mount that is also lean for a charger, and is black as midnight. Named Furtive, this charger is perfect for stealth missions, having learned how to walk to minimize the sound of its hooves striking the ground.

Nadia Javen and Rasiel were each given a large solid white charge. As Nadia and Rasiel are bound, so are Ardor and Fervor who are twins and have never been separated. Both are known for their passion and love for running.

Caesar Pontius was given the palamino colored destrier Immutable. Immutable is the largest Charger the church has in both height and weight. Standing at nearly 20 hands high and 2,500lbs he is unwavering in both strength and constitution.

Finn Gilderoy was originally expected to get Zeal. However, he went into the stable and ended up picking out the meanest charger of all. Fury. Fury is neither the largest nor fastest of the churches Chargers but he by far has the most spirit. The red stallion is as cantankerous as they come and more than a few of the churches warriors have found themselves cursing the beast.

----------------

The Elite Unit (come up with a name in the OOC please :smallsmile:) sets out shortly after first light and is able to make it within a mile of where the creatures are said to be with about 30 minutes of daylight remaining. Where most horses would be fatigued from the breakneck speed you have kept to travel the forty miles, the Creators Chargers are merely winded. The group must decide whether to set up camp for the night and search for the demons in the morning, or to try to end the threat immediately. The town of Kern is about 3 miles to the South East.

Athaleon
2012-03-22, 07:43 PM

"I say we go in tonight, gives them less time to prepare. If it's true that they're converting the locals, we can catch them asleep. Let's get as close as we can without being spotted, and send our two quietest to investigate. In the meantime we can rest the horses, and be ready to charge in for a scrap, or a rescue if need be."

balistafreak
2012-03-22, 08:27 PM

Rasiel bends forward far enough to stroke Fervor's neck. "You, my friend, are a wonderful, wonderful, creature," he croons. The creature deserves a good brushing down whenever they get the opportunity - which unfortunately would not be any time soon, if Rasiel's impetuousness was met. "I'll agree with Kiavar. Humans, even possessed humans, sleep. While we're certainly not catching the demons off guard, I'll take any advantage we can get."

Nadia purses her lips. "I'd have to agree with a quick strike. The darkness and their relative sloth in response to us will protect us from being swarmed." Closing her eyes, she lets her mind cast about, trying to balance logistics with tactical advantage. "Now, just how obvious are these demons being...'

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-22, 10:57 PM
Finn Gilderoy, Male Human Barbarian

Finn offers a handful of feed to Fury while tearing into a small piece of dried meat for himself. All a swarm means is that I can save time by taking three or four down in a single stroke. Isn't that right big guy? He asks Fury. Was he crazy for talking to a horse...no. If he was, it was overshadowed by a blatant disregard for his own safety both in his attitude towards the demons or by hand-feeding Fury. It doesn't matter to me. Day or night I'll still cut down every last one of them!

Nanoblack
2012-03-22, 11:13 PM
Caesar, Human Cleric

This massive steed was more... sturdy than Caesar could have hoped. More nimble in his armor than one would expect, Caesar mounts Immutable with little trouble. He grips the reigns tightly as they travel, but clutches his holy text with his free hand. Listening patiently as the others discuss tactics, he enters the conversation. "In my... experience with demons and possession, the presence of the evil spirit does not allow very peaceful slumber, leading to insomniac sleeping habits. No matter the time of day, we're unlikely to catch many of them resting. That said, I do agree with striking as soon as possible, if only to prevent more harm from being done."

balistafreak
2012-03-22, 11:37 PM

Nadia thinks upon the cleric's words. "I can't either agree or disagree with you - I've only ever read the texts, and I'm sure that they're mostly inaccurate. No one really takes the time to write a practical guide."

Rasiel chuckles at Finn's words. "A man of action, after my own heart. Well, from the sounds of things... Nadia?"

Without needing any other words, the white-haired woman reaches into her extradimensional pack and hand-over-hand draws an eight-foot long polearm with a wicked spearpoint and hammer head on the end. It's a masterful piece of work - the haft is plated with metal and engraved with scenes from religious texts, mostly those involving battle and the smiting of demons.

Pulling up alongside Rasiel, Nadia gives the man a nod as she hands off the weapon, clearly struggling underneath its weight. Rasiel has no such trouble, easily tossing it from one hand to the other. "Now, when we get within sight of the town, I'd like to make a scouting run. I shouldn't be visible against the night sky, unless they're actually looking for me, and regardless they should be night-blind with the lights of the town." Against the sky - he can fly?

The answer reveals itself as he happily shucks off his cloak, revealing a massive pair of wings against his back that immediately flare up and out, stretching with a woosh of moving air. "Aaaaaaah... you have no idea how uncomfortable that is," he sighs, eyes closed in bless as he works out the cramps.

"You're showing off, dear," Nadia says flatly, although her face says she's more amused than annoyed at the sight.

Xealot7
2012-03-23, 12:40 AM
Rasiel flies off and returns within 10 minutes, informing the group of demonic presence about half a mile to the south. One large creature of the purest evil along with at least two other creatures that were no better. What's worse, he saw the largest one flying. It set down upon a small farm house. Rasiel reports watching it kill the father when he came out to protect his family. What's worse, it did so by feeding on his life force and turning him into a ghoul.

He returned as fast as he could. There may still be time to save the family within... if you hurry.

Athaleon
2012-03-23, 01:18 AM

"Right, sounds like that one's alone. If we hurry we can deal with it before more of them arrive. Honestly, I don't think much of the family's odds, but if we can save them, more's the better."

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-23, 05:56 AM
Finn GIlderoy, Male Human Barbarian

The news of the father's conversion clearly strikes a nerve with Finn. Kiavar's stoic expression towards the matter probably isn't helping. If someone has been turned than we're already too late! I'm not going to let anymore people die because of my inaction. Fury! He calls his mighty steed, jumping onto his back and lowering himself into the saddle. He looks down on his allies. You coming or not!?

Bhaakon
2012-03-23, 07:23 PM
Trej, Male Half-elf Inquistor

"Already gone," responds Trej as he wheels Furtive towards the distant farmhouse and sets off as quickly as he dares drive the winded charger.

Athaleon
2012-03-23, 08:12 PM

"Come on, just a little further to go..." Ky urges a little more effort out of Resolute as the party rushes to the farmhouse. The horses had a hard day of riding already, and they'd be exhausted by the time they reached their destination. He hoped they wouldn't have to move again until the horses could rest — then again, it would be dark and they couldn't ride anyway.

Nanoblack
2012-03-23, 08:38 PM
Caesar, High Exorcist

Mounting Immutable in as quick a fashion as he could muster, Caesar sets off with the rest of the party. "Take care when confronting innocents. Who knows how many could have been converted by that wretched creature."

Xealot7
2012-03-24, 01:02 AM
The party's heavy chargers cover the distance in less than a minute, truly remarkable beasts. As you charge into the clearing where the farmhouse is located, you are all able to see the terrible creature. It is probably 10feet tall and weights well over 800lbs. It is flying about 15ft off the ground but immediately sets down in front of the house. Rather continuing into the house it turns and looks at you and points a long clawed finger as it shrieks loudly. As it does, two creatures charge from your flanks. They are red slender, and about the size of a lanky human. The are wielding wicked polearms.

OOC: Give me Perception checks and knowledge: The Planes checks for the following info.

Perception DC 20 Reveals:There are two more of the red demons trying to flank from behind.

Knowledge: The Planes DC 15 Reveals: A babau appears similar to a be thin, horned human, covered in a tight fitting hide of slimy leather. A typical specimen is 6 feet in height and 140 pounds in weight. Their coating of red slime means babau are sometimes referred to as blood demons. They are typically formed from the souls of serial murderers.

Knowledge: The Planes DC 20 Reveals: The large black creature is a Nabasu. The sinister Nabasu bat-winged demon that can create ghouls out of those it kills. It is sometimes known as a death demon or glutton demon. This particular one seems larger than you would have expected.

Knowledge: The Planes DC 25 Reveals: Nabasus are formed from the souls of evil gluttons, especially cannibals and those who eat undead flesh. Its goal is to transform as many living humanoids it slays into ghouls as it can. It gains in power for each ghoul it creates, and when it has created enough ghouls it grows in size and power. They continue to grow, ultimately becoming fearsome vrolikai demons. It is obvious this one has slain many and has become very powerful.

Combat begins. Initiative will start with the players. You guys go first in whatever order you post, or you can post with your actions but say the take place after another player. Once all players have posted I will post the results and the enemies turns.

Athaleon
2012-03-24, 01:54 AM
Kiavar Thrane, Male Human Gunslinger (Holy Gun)

The bile rose in his throat as the party approached the demons. Though his very soul was repulsed by the creature, the cold battle-instinct took over, like ice in his veins.

As they neared the clearing, he swept his gaze along the woods on all sides to check for flanking opponents.

Perception: [roll0]

Even as he did so, he drew one ornate pistol from its holster and recalled from his devotional studies the Litany of War, reciting "Creator, bestow upon this weapon Your righteous wrath and Your furious strength. Let me become the storm that blasts the enemy from Your sight." In response, the weapon in his hand glows visibly with white light.

Using the two pre-combat spells granted to us, Ky will have used Divine Bond to add the Seeking enhancement to one pistol, as well as the Longshot spell to increase the range increment of all his weapons by 30'.

In case anyone wonders, his little prayer was shamelessly copied from the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer. Don't go into battle without it [on penalty of summary execution].

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-24, 02:38 AM

Finn's muscles ripple with power as the group approaches the demons. He lets out a beastial roar as he bears down on them with his blade drawn. GET OUT OF MY WAAAAAAAAY!!! Finn lets go of Fury's reigns and guides with his legs as the charger slams through one of the polearm-wielding demons and carries his rider to a much more significant target.

First off, activating rage.

Having Fury charge the larger demon, overrunning one of the polearm demons if it is in my way. Also attacking at the end of said charge.

[roll0] Note: I've got no idea what bonuses the horse has to its CMB so I'll leave the addition of the modifier to you. If the demon's CMD is surpassed by 5 or more, it is knocked prone.

[roll1] If it wasn't clear, this attack is against the big demon. Cold iron if that matters.
[roll2]

And that perception check...[roll3]

Bhaakon
2012-03-24, 06:57 AM

Hearing the crackle of legs sprinting through dry brush, Trej turns to see two more demons moving to surround the group. "Two more babaus behind us! With the Creator's blessing, I'll take them!" he yells, charging the nearest of the encircling blood demons.

swift action to activate bane vs. evil outsiders, then charge the nearest babau behind the group w. power attack.

Note: bane give my weapon an effective +3 bonus vs. evil outsiders, which is enough to bypass DR/cold iron or silver.

DC 5 ride check to guide w/ legs: [roll0] (heh, guess that's an auto-pass)

attack: [roll1] (+2 for bane, +2 for charge, +1 for high ground, -2 PA)
damage: [roll2] + [roll3]

note: critical threat on a 15-20

crit confirm: [roll4]
crit damage: [roll5]

AC: 16, HP: 60

balistafreak
2012-03-24, 11:54 AM

"Rasiel says two more from behind - " Nadia halts her voice when the inquisitor acknowledges their presence, not wanting to add to the chaos.

Hey. Watch the big one. I like that man.

Practically spluttering with disbelief, Nadia responds, Rasiel, you're not -

He is. Flustered, Nadia charges with Ardor alongside the barbarian, knowing that Rasiel's now empty mount, Fervor, will follow as well - just outside of the range of the demon's blows, but close to enough to raise her hand and cry, "Time has no meaning for the Creator's servants!" What feels like a burst of energy touches each member of the squad, quickening their limbs and bodies into action.

A second after, from out of the sky dives an avenging angel, using the flesh of the demon itself to arrest its momentum with a mighty hammer blow. "Kiiiiiiaaaaaaae!" he screams, no thought of dignity remaining.

Actions:
Nadia moves to near Finn, but not into melee range, and aims a haste (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste) to buff all six party members: including Rasiel who just made sure to be in range by this round.

Now buffed up, Rasiel charges Finn's target, the Nabasu, in a flanking position (from behind?). He makes a point of remaining twenty feet in the air, out of polearm reach of the smaller ones but still able to clash with the larger one. He uses the cold iron hammerhead to break the demon's DR.

Bec de Corbin Attack: [roll0]
Bec de Corbin Damage: [roll1]
Critical Confirm: [roll2]
Critical Damage: [roll3]

Neglected benefits of Bane weapon. Add +2 to all attack rolls and damage. Additional 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12950834&postcount=45) damage from 2d6 bane.

Summary:
Nadia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=381860)
HP: 66/66. AC: 19, 12 Touch, 17 Flatfooted. +2 shield AC from Eidolon. +1 dodge to AC. CMD: 14.
Saves: +7 Fortitude, +6 Reflex, +8 Will. +2 circumstance from Eidolon. +1 dodge to Reflex.
Active Effects
Haste (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste): 0 rounds/6 rounds. One extra attack with full attack action at highest BAB. +1 untyped to attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC and Reflex. All movement modes increased by 30 feet.

Rasiel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=381861)
HP: 61/61. AC: 21, 12 Touch, 18 Flatfooted. +1 dodge to AC. -2 untyped from charging. CMD: 24.
Saves: +6 Fortitude, +6 Reflex, +5 Will. Evasion. +1 dodge to Reflex. +4 morale to Will saves against enchantment.
Active Effects
Unfetter: (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/u/unfetter) ~5-10 minutes/1 hour. Not affected by life link, but cannot receive HP either.
Mage armor: (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mage-armor) ~2-3 hours/12 hours. +4 armor AC.
Haste (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste): 0 rounds/6 rounds. One extra attack with full attack action at highest BAB. +1 untyped to attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC and Reflex. All movement modes increased by 30 feet.

Athaleon
2012-03-24, 08:31 PM

Ky slows his mount ever so slightly, to keep his aim from being thrown off. Drawing the other pistol with his free hand, he points both at the large winged demon, aims down the sights, and opens fire as he rides by. Trej would have to keep the lesser demons at bay while the most dangerous one was taken down.

Ride check to guide mount with knees auto-passes. He opens fire at 30', so that his pistols target Touch AC and take no range increment penalty. Finn pretty clearly failed his Overrun, and Rasiel is at reach weapon distance, so he takes no penalty for firing into melee either.

Swift action to spend a grit point on Focused Aim, adding his Cha modifier to all damage rolls this turn.

Making four attacks, the first iterative (full BAB), the haste-granted attack, and using Two-Weapon Fighting to fire each pistol's second barrel with the second iterative.

All cold iron bullets, in case.

First Attack (Ignores concealment, if applicable)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Second Attack
[roll2]
[roll3]

Third Attack
[roll4]
[roll5]

Fourth Attack
[roll6]
[roll7]

Edit: Love that min damage.

Nanoblack
2012-03-24, 09:40 PM
Caesar, High Exorcist

Galloping toward the fray, Caesar says two quiet prayers to himself. One bolsters his strength, but the other weakens his enemies. Once their effects take hold, every facet of his appearance seems more menacing. Stopping a safe distance away, he dismounts and makes his way toward the enemy.

Casting aura of menace and bulls strength. He stops 40ft away and dismounts, taking a move action to close with the demons.

Xealot7
2012-03-25, 01:15 AM
Finn and Fury, two of the most rash and brash creatures on the planet are the first into the fray, charging head-long with reckless abandon. The babau in the way of Fury never stood a chance. The red demon gets run over by, what looks like a red demon, and gets trampled into the ground when it doesn't move. Finn's large blade slices across the winged demons midnight black torso, a demonic scream rises from its hideous maw.

Trej calls out two his companions that two babau are attempting to flank. He then charges the creature and strikes home with an attack fauchad.

Nadia casts haste on the Gate Keepers, and Rasiel charges into battle flanking the largest demon with Finn and sinking the hammer end of his exotic weapon into it's chest with a crunch. Again the creature screams.

Kiavar moves closer to the creature and fires four times, striking with all but one of his bullets. The creatures is move around by the impact but does not go down.

Ceasar moves into range and dismounts Immutable. The charger seems upset that he won't get to charge into the fray but stays put.

The creature, begins laughing, or what might pass for laughing as far as demons go. It's face shifts and changes as it laughs, something truly terrifying to gaze upon. It casts a spell upon the entire group then flies 30ft into the air (Finn and Rasiel get to make AoO's).

The babau that Fury ran over takes a few seconds to pick itself up off the ground. The other charges Finn attacking as best it can with a longspear.

Attack vs Finn:[roll0] (+2 add for Charging)
Damage vs Finn:[roll1]

The two babau in the back converge on and begin flanking Trej.

Attack vs Trej:[roll2] (+4 add for Charging and Flanking)
Damage vs Trej:[roll3]

Attack vs Trej:[roll4] (+2 add for Flanking)
Damage vs Trej:[roll5]

Everyone needs to make a Fortitude Save DC 20 or take 1 Negative Level. Spellcraft or Knowledge Arcana: DC 23 to know this is from (Death Stealing Gaze)

Everyone also needs to make a Will Save DC 23 or be held for 1d4 rounds (you roll on your turn if you fail.) Spellcraft or Knowledge Arcana: DC 23 to know this is from (Mass Hold Person)

Bhaakon
2012-03-25, 03:02 AM

Trej raises his fauchard up over his head for a follow-up strike when he feels the demon's spell take hold. The stiffness begins in his arms and spreads throughout his body within a few heartbeats. Frozen eyes stare out from a face frozen in a smirk of expected triumph at the two babaus moving into position on either side of him.

[roll0] rounds of hold

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-25, 07:08 AM

Finn slashes hard against the large demon, his blade crackles with lightning and stops just after clattering against the demon's torso. He stares into the demon's eyes growling through his gritted teeth like a dog on the end of it's leash.

ok, first off frozen in place for [roll0] rounds.

Attack of opportunity will use my elemlental rage to add a d6 of lightning.
[roll1] Should be a +15, not a +5+2 flanking cancels out the penalty.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Athaleon
2012-03-25, 08:18 AM

Ky grunts and clenched his teeth as the demon's unholy energies attempt to choke the life from him. Through a supreme strength of will, he resists the enchantment, though the life draining effect still takes its toll.

Slamming one empty pistol into it's holster, he deftly reloads both barrels of the other with one fluid motion. Urging Resolute to go nearly underneath the winged abomination, he takes the pistol in both hands, aims carefully down the sight, and squeezes the trigger with a silent prayer on his lips.

Using Smiting Shot. He should still be just inside the first range increment, so it still attacks touch AC.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Nanoblack
2012-03-25, 09:12 AM
Caesar, High Exorcist

Though his lifeforce holds fast against the attacks of the demon, his body gives in to its spell, locked in place and at the disposal of the foul creature.

[roll0]
Don't be sorry, this is how these things go.

balistafreak
2012-03-25, 01:52 PM

Nadia tries to scream in pain as some of her own life energy is literally ripped from her, but she can't, held by the effects of the other spell.

"Nadiaaa!" Rasiel screams out - but he knows that he's got himself a more important target in the form of the nabasu. He takes his aggression out on that, swinging his polearm in two wide, smashing arcs.

Actions:
Nadia fails her saves against the negative level and mass hold person. She takes a full-round action to make another save.

Mass Hold Person Duration: [roll0]
Additional Save (DC 23): [roll1]

After she attempts the second save, Rasiel has to leave reach of Nadia, dropping her saves.

Rasiel gets an AoO. +1 to attack from high ground (I did say that he was flying over the nabasu), +2 for flank, +1 from haste, +2/+2 for bane.

Bec de Corbin Attack: [roll2]
Bec de Corbin Damage: [roll3] + [roll4]
Critical Confirm: [roll5]
Critical Damage: [roll6]

If the nabasu flew 30 feet up, then Rasiel can follow, having a 60 foot fly speed, then attack again. For that matter, he can regain the high ground bonus, although not the flank.

Bec de Corbin Attack: [roll7]
Bec de Corbin Damage: [roll8] + [roll9]
Critical Confirm: [roll10]
Critical Damage: [roll11]

Summary:
HP: 61/61. AC: 10, 5 Touch, 10 Flatfooted. Helpless. CMD: 8.
Saves: +4 Fortitude, -3 Reflex, +5 Will. +1 dodge to Reflex. -1 to all.
Active Effects
Haste (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste): 1 rounds/6 rounds. One extra attack with full attack action at highest BAB. +1 untyped to attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC and Reflex. All movement modes increased by 30 feet.
Negative Level: Cumulative –1 penalty on all ability checks, attack rolls, combat maneuver checks, Combat Maneuver Defense, saving throws, and skill checks. In addition, the creature reduces its current and total hit points by 5 for each negative level it possesses. The creature is also treated as one level lower for the purpose of level-dependent variables (such as spellcasting) for each negative level possessed.
Paralyzed: Effective Strength and Dexterity of 0. Helpless.

HP: 61/61. AC: 23, 13 Touch, 20 Flatfooted. +1 dodge to AC. CMD: 24.
Saves: +6 Fortitude, +6 Reflex, +5 Will. Evasion. +1 dodge to Reflex. +4 morale to Will saves against enchantment.
Active Effects
Unfetter: (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/u/unfetter) ~5-10 minutes/1 hour. Not affected by life link, but cannot receive HP either.
Mage armor: (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mage-armor) ~2-3 hours/12 hours. +4 armor AC.
Haste (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste): 1 rounds/6 rounds. One extra attack with full attack action at highest BAB. +1 untyped to attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC and Reflex. All movement modes increased by 30 feet.

Xealot7
2012-03-25, 04:36 PM
Finn and Rasiel both miss their attacks of opportunity on the beast as it flies into the air. Once in the air, the creature is able to freeze Finn, Trej, Nadia, and Caesar in place.

Kiavar from below and Rasiel attacking from below are able to do just enough damage fell the demon (knocked it unconscious by 1hp and the fall kills it).

This however are looking grim for their friends as the red demons attack their helpless comrades.

Seeing Trej's body go rigid, the two demons who were attacking him earlier drop their longspears and begin to feed on him while he is alive, taking massive bites out of any exposed flesh. The slime on their body burns Trej as well.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]x3 = 18(Auto-Crit) + [roll2] Acid Damage

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]x3 = 33(Auto-Crit) + [roll5] Acid Damage

Another of the creatures does the same to Nadia attempting to devour her flesh right in front of Rasiel.

Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]x3 = 33 (Auto-Crit) + [roll8] Acid Damage

The final does the same to Finn.

Attack: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]x3 = 33 (Auto-Crit) + [roll11] Acid Damage

Any of you three who were mounted are pulled to the ground and prone. If you were not mounted you are still frozen in place standing and being eaten.

Athaleon
2012-03-25, 06:17 PM

Seeing the angel's hammer blows smite the Nabasu out of the air, Kiavar turns back and sees the horrible spectacle of the lesser demons eat his paralyzed comrades alive. He spurs Resolute into trampling the nearest one, as its insane gluttony compels it to feed even with foes right in front of it.

"Over here, you motherless bastards! You missed one!"

He rides towards Trej, firing at the other nearby demon as he passes. Raisel was nearer, he would undoubtedly deal with those two. Reloading with practiced swiftness, Ky then fires a shot at each of the beasts hunched over the fallen Inquisitor.

Overrun check (vs. the one on Nadia): [roll0] This is the base d20 — As was mentioned earlier, we don't actually know what bonuses our mounts get.

Swift action, spending a grit point to add Cha to damage rolls. Also, though it wouldn't have made a difference yet, I've been forgetting to add Point Blank Shot bonuses to my attacks :smalleek:

At the one on Finn:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Against the ones on Trej:
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

Not sure how far away he actually is, and my mount is only taking a normal move action so I don't take accuracy penalties. If Trej is further than 30' away when I fire, subtract 1 from the attack and damage rolls, and the attacks target normal AC.

Bhaakon
2012-03-25, 06:18 PM

Trej can feel himself losing consciousness as the demons feast on his flesh. He silently struggles against the magical paralyzation, but can't focus through the encroaching darkness.

\Staggered @ 0 HP. Can't take a full round action, so can't attempt another will save.

Nanoblack
2012-03-25, 06:42 PM
Caesar, High Exorcist

Finally able to shake off the creatures spell, he dashes toward Trej. Gauntleted palm aglow with healing magic, he grasps for the Inquisitors arm. "The righteous suffer not the attacks of the damned!"

Melee touch:[1d20+9[/roll] (Not sure if even necessary)
Spontaneously casting cure serious wounds
Concentration for defensive casting: [roll0]
Healing: [roll1]
EDIT: Screwed up a roll, but I'll wait for the DM to state if it was a necessary roll or not.

balistafreak
2012-03-25, 07:12 PM

With a cry of vengeful anger, Rasiel seemingly rides the dead nabasu on the way down, turning the ride into a charge. The movement arrests its momentum on the demon currently devouring his companion.

Actions:
Nadia takes a full-round action to make another save.

Additional Save (DC 23): [roll0]

Rasiel charges the babau attacking Nadia, once again keeping him in midair for high ground bonus. +1 to attack from high ground, +1 from haste, +2/+2 for bane, +2 for charging.

Bec de Corbin Attack: [roll1]
Bec de Corbin Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]
Critical Confirm: [roll4]
Critical Damage: [roll5]

Summary:
HP: 21/61. AC: 10, 5 Touch, 10 Flatfooted. Helpless. CMD: 8.
Active Effects
Negative Level: Cumulative –1 penalty on all ability checks, attack rolls, combat maneuver checks, Combat Maneuver Defense, saving throws, and skill checks. In addition, the creature reduces its current and total hit points by 5 for each negative level it possesses. The creature is also treated as one level lower for the purpose of level-dependent variables (such as spellcasting) for each negative level possessed.
Paralyzed: Effective Strength and Dexterity of 0. Helpless. 2 rounds remaining.

Active Effects
Haste (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste): 2 rounds/6 rounds. One extra attack with full attack action at highest BAB. +1 untyped to attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC and Reflex. All movement modes increased by 30 feet.

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-25, 09:30 PM
Finn's face contorts a bit, what little the paralysis will allow as the babau rips into his torso, his blood and entrails falling out onto the ground. He lets out a pained grunt as blood seeps between his teeth and through his nose.

Xealot7
2012-03-25, 11:55 PM
Kiavar thinks about running over the demon latched on to Nadia but decides against it, not wanting to taker her to the ground as well. He does however put a bullet into the other three creatures, getting their attention.

Caesar brings Trej back to the brink and keeps him from losing consciousness.

Rasiel does a bunch of damage to the one on Nadia, coupled with it's previous damage, it falls to the ground dead.

Finn attempts to scream in agony but is unable to move. He is thankful that Kiavar gets its attention off of him.

The three remaining demons turn to attack the group... realize their leader is dead and the tide of battle has turned and disappear with their lives via greater teleport.

There are two dead demons remaining as well as the ghoulish remains of the farmer, upright and slowly slumbering towards the Gate Keepers. With the sounds of battle finished, the group can hear the whimpers of children and the cries of a woman inside the farm house.

Everyone receives 3,400xp.

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-26, 02:33 AM
After a couple seconds, Finn's body finally relaxes. He rolls over onto his his belly and pushes himself out of the dirt, using his sword to help him balance. A combination of heavy blood loss and fatigue puts an obvious wobble in his step as he makes his way towards the shambling ghoul. His breathing is hustled, shallow, and not without a hacking cough every couple seconds causing more blood to run down his chin.C-c-come here...bastard...

OOCGoing up and taking a swing at it unless anyone wants to inervene.

[roll0] Threat, will roll for confirmation in OOC
[roll1]

balistafreak
2012-03-26, 01:05 PM

Eyes frozen wide in fear, Nadia can only think of her impending death, seconds before -

- the babau simply disappears from view.

In time, the spell's effect wears off, and she sinks to one knee. "My... oh, that hurts," she whimpers. She knew was a relatively tough creature - she'd survived the wasting disease, if not with all her strength intact - but having chunks of her eaten by a demon certainly took first place among the injuries she'd ever sustained.

She stumbles over to Trej, who was far more seriously injured than her, having taken the brunt of the babau's aggression. "Healing. Let's get you patched up," she says gruffly to both the inquisitor and the cleric.

Rasiel still sees one walking threat; without a word, he flies over to pincer it between him and Finn, taking a mighty swing at it just as the human does as well to put it out of its misery. "Into the house. Let's get them out of here and somewhere safe," he declares, rather imperiously. Perhaps he has a right - he made it through the fight unscathed, though perhaps more by dumb luck than any inherent power or skill.

Actions:
Nadia made her save, and walks over to Trej and Caesar with the intention of providing/receiving healing through the carried wand and Caesar's ministrations (channel energy is delicious).

Rasiel charges the ghoul along with Finn, once again keeping him in midair for high ground bonus. +1 to attack from high ground, +1 from haste, +2 for flanking, +2 for charging. (I'm not even sure if this requires a roll, but whatever.)

Bec de Corbin Attack: [roll0]
Bec de Corbin Damage: [roll1]
Critical Confirm: [roll2]
Critical Damage: [roll3]

Summary:
HP: 21/61. AC: 10, 5 Touch, 10 Flatfooted. Helpless. CMD: 8.
Active Effects

Active Effects
Haste (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste): 3 rounds/6 rounds. One extra attack with full attack action at highest BAB. +1 untyped to attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC and Reflex. All movement modes increased by 30 feet.

Athaleon
2012-03-26, 03:38 PM

Seeing his companions slowly pick themselves up, wounds visibly mending with divine healing, Ky hurries to the farmhouse to check on the family of the hapless victim. Dismounting at the door, he gives Resolute a quick pat and quiet word of encouragement; even after a hard day's ride the destrier had acquitted itself faultlessly.

Conflicting emotions assail him as he approaches the house. In another life not that long ago, he played the role of demon in a tale not unlike this one. This time he was on the side of right, but back then, well, the ending had been decidedly worse. Ky abruptly shook his head, this wasn't the time to brood. With his hand resting on his holstered pistol, he entered the house.

"Are you all right? Don't be afraid, we're here to help. The creatures are dead, you can come out now," he called out to the family inside.

Bhaakon
2012-03-27, 01:49 AM
Trej, Male, Half-elf Inquisitor

Trej tries to get to his feet, but gets stuck on his knees, coughing out a sizeable blood clot. Taking the hint from his broken body, the inuisitor adds a few healing spells of his own before mumbling his thanks. "Too close this time, too close. I hope every battle isn't like this," he says to no one in particular.

His hurts addressed (if not cured entirely), Trej find Furtive and leads the horse towards the farmhouse.

Nanoblack
2012-03-27, 07:03 PM
Caesar, High Exorcist

Glancing about to check the status of each of his comapnions, Caesar reaches for his holy symbol. He watches the door to the house before he continues any more healing. "Once we have everyone rounded up, I can get around to healing."

Xealot7
2012-03-27, 07:17 PM
The group is licking wounds and getting healed up when Finn and Rasiel solemnly end the recent farmer ghoul laying him to rest. Everyone comes together and Caesar hits everyone with a burst of healing (go ahead and roll it)

When Kiavar calls out, a distraught and timid voice answers. "They're dead? The beasts are dead? My husband, James, is he alright? James! JAMES!!!" When she doesn't hear him answer she runs outside. When shes sees the ghoulified body of her husband she screams and falls to her knees where she vomits in between racking sobs.

After a few seconds, a boy of about eleven, a girl of about nine, and another girl of about four can be standing at the door, the two girls crying uncontrollably. The boy has tears streaming down his face but can be see clutching a small wooden club.

Nanoblack
2012-03-27, 09:13 PM
Caesar, High Exorcist

A softly sung hymn is followed by a dull wave of light emanating from his armored form. It pulses once then dissipates after 20ft or so. Once the family realizes what happened to the farmer, Caesar removes his helm. "I'm terribly sorry for your loss, but he died protecting you and your children. A more noble cause does not exist. He will find peace with the creator, I promise you that much."

Channel energy:[roll0]

BizzaroStormy
2012-03-27, 09:54 PM
Finn flicks the blood off his blade and returns it to the scabbard. The pulse of diving energy stops the majority of his bleeding, but the chunks torn out of him by the babaus are still obvious. He staggers over to Fury, taking his waterskin out of the saddlebag and sitting down against a nearby wall. He is strangely quiet as he waits for the others to tie up the loose ends.

Bhaakon
2012-03-28, 05:18 PM
Trej, Male, Half-elf Inquisitor

Uncomfortable with such scenes, Trej hangs back on the pretense of keeping an eye out. Having never had a family of his own, the half elf at a loss when dealing with them.

Xealot7
2012-03-28, 05:46 PM
The oldest boy, realizing he is now man of the house, steps out and grabs his mother, pulling her back into the house with his sisters. He then steps back out and grabs a shovel from a small tool shed. "T-t-thank you for... well... thank you." The boy walks away with tears in his eyes and begins digging a grave for his father under an old oak tree.

-------------------

Good job all. Feel free to head back, stick around, set up camp, or do what you like.

Nanoblack
2012-03-28, 06:01 PM
Caesar, High Exorcist

Seeing the boy's bravery in the face of such tragedy, Caesar stakes his shields to the ground and moves in to assist with the digging. "A boy shouldn't have to bury his father alone... I can at least stay to perform his last rites."

Athaleon
2012-03-28, 06:32 PM
Kiavar, Male Human Holy Gun

Ky looks on with a heavy heart. He feels he ought to console the grieving family, though he has no idea of what to say. He also knows they should be moving again soon, to check on the nearby countryside and the town. For now, he walks back to the house, and knocks on the door this time.

Xealot7
2012-03-29, 05:24 PM
The boy seems thankful for the help and says as much. When the rites are read, the entire family comes out to bury him.

They offer their thanks for the doing what could be done and she graciously offers foodstuffs, though you figure times will be tough on this family in the coming months and years.

----------

To your knowledge these were the only demons in the area.

Nanoblack
2012-03-29, 07:17 PM
Caesar, High Exorcist

With a solemn look upon his face, he says his goodbyes, turning down the offer for food. "Know that you are under the protection of the creator. If similar trouble arises, evacuate as soon as possible and warn the church. Creator's blessings upon you..." And with that, he mounts Immutable and heads back with everyone else.

Athaleon
2012-03-29, 07:32 PM
Kiavar, Holy Gun

Ky also turns down the food, knowing that the family would suffer without its provider.

"Your husband died bravely. He could well have saved your lives with his sacrifice. It is said that the Creator gathers to his side those souls who fall in defense of the innocent; there may be solace to be found in that. I wish you all good health and better fortune."

The words sound forced even though the intent behind them is genuine. Kiavar is clearly unused to making this sort of speech.

Bhaakon
2012-03-30, 06:55 PM
Trej, Male Half-elf Inquistor

Trej wishes to honor the show of hospitality without emptying the family's larder. "Thank you, madame, but we could most use is a place to rest ourselves and our mounts. If you can provide it, we'll make sure that none of those fiends returns in the night."

balistafreak
2012-03-31, 11:32 AM

"A place to rest... would certainly be nice," Nadia hisses, clutching at her wounds. "Trej, you mind bringing some of that healing over here?"

Xealot7
2012-03-31, 12:52 PM
The Gatekeepers are able to get a good nights rest, with no disturbances aside from the occasional sob coming from the wife's bedroom where all three survivors are sleeping. The next morning the wife... err widow has a large enough breakfast prepared to feed all of you. Outside the sun is rising as if nothing has happened.

Athaleon
2012-03-31, 07:41 PM
Kiavar, Holy Gun

Ky rises at dawn and prays during his ablutions. Afterwards he will partake, sparingly, of the woman's generously insistent offer of food. At length, he returns to the horses and begins readying Resolute for the trip back.

Preparing Protection from Evil and Longshot.

Bhaakon
2012-03-31, 11:34 PM

Having no excuse to turn down the offere breakfat (and, frankly, famished from the previous day's exertions), Trej digs in.

"Delicious," he says as he finishes, "even the Prelate would envy us this meal. Speaking of which, I fear we must return to the Keep. Rest assured that your generosity in the face of such hardship will not go unrecognized or unrewarded by the creator."

BizzaroStormy
2012-04-01, 04:55 PM
Finn hadn't slept well the night before. Although accustomed to the feeling of nothing more than a bedroll between his back and the dirt; the injuries to his body and his pride caused him enough pain to wake him nearly every hour. He couldn't even bring himself to eat with the others the next morning. He just sat among the horses. Couldn't save the kid's dad...Froze up at the sight of that thing....Now I can't even bring myself to look the man's family in the face.... What the hell is wrong with you!?! he yells into the morning air, his fist colliding with one of the stable's posts.

Nanoblack
2012-04-01, 07:14 PM
Caesar, High Exorcist

As the morning passes, Caesar does his best to console the family. He eats enough so as not to insult the widow, and prepares Immutable for the journey home.

Xealot7
2012-04-02, 08:04 AM
OOC: Heads up, my laptop is currently FUBAR so I am on my phone most of the day. I'll get to my/a desktop this afternoon so I'll get a true Iac post then. Sorry.

Xealot7
2012-04-03, 08:51 PM
The heroes partake of the widows meager offering and thank her before setting off back to the Church of the Creator.

Each of your mounts are taken by a stablehand, unsaddled, brushed, and fed. They appear to be better taken care of than each of you.

The Prelate, the General, and the Commander are all waiting for you when you in the war room for debriefing as is customary.

"Please, tell us what happened." says the prelate, her voice the definition of patience.

BizzaroStormy
2012-04-03, 09:01 PM
Finn Gilderoy Male Human Barbarian

Finn stares at the table as he sits down, still clearly weary from the previous night. The intel was accurate. One larger demon leading 4 smaller ones. The large one apparently had the ability to eat the souls of it's victims and turn them into some kind of...monster. He shifts in his chair a bit and sets his helmet down on the table, rubbing his forehead a bit before continuing. The large demon was a significant threat...had half of us incapacitated right out of the gate. When we managed to beat the thing, it's subordinates immediately retreated. he grabs his helmet and seems to be getting up, though he stops and sits back down quickly. Also, there was one civilian casualty.....we did all we could. his voice shakes a bit on that last part as he waits patiently.

Athaleon
2012-04-04, 07:00 PM
Kiavar, Holy Gun

"Yes, the man's death was unavoidable, but I do think his defiance saved the rest of his family. Speaking of whom, I wonder if they and the local Church can help each other out in some way. A peasant widow will struggle to provide for three young children."

Kiavar surprised himself with his sudden sentimentality. Returning to business, he continues, "Fortunately for all of us, these fiends seem to have broken ranks simply to feed, and made no discernible effort to gather information or force a beachhead."

Bhaakon
2012-04-05, 10:49 PM
Trej, Male Half elf Inquisitor

"We must redouble our training. We were victorious, but nearly at great cost. We can't afford to absorb losses in such small skirmishes."