PDA

View Full Version : Warmage Questions

GutterFace
2012-03-22, 10:51 AM
So here is the scoop. I've been a DM for a while and need to get back into playing a character again. I've been tossing ideas around in my head trying to come up with something fun and new. So I settled on a wacky idea. I want to make a Dual Wand Wielding Warmage. We usually start our campaigns at Level 5. I want to avoid multiclassing, and we generally play 3.5 (non ebberon). I also usually make a Human.

As for Feats i know i will need: Craft Wand, Dual Wand Wielder, 2 weapon fighting, Point Blank Shot, probably need Wandstrike. i know i cant take them all right away. i will move out Wandstrike, and point blank shot for later feats.

Since Warmage is a caster...obviously. I know they get a bonus to Spell Damage based on Int modifier. But since Use magical device is Cha based and some of the Spells i can store in a crafted wand are mostly Ranged touch...I am thinking i will need more Cha and Dex, than other stats.

Is this idea just insane??? should i perhaps try another class??? i want to avoid being generic and i don't want an artificer.

Does anyone have suggestions?

On a side note i think (later on in levels) i can keep my main hand wand with a ranged touch spell, and keep an aoe spell (fireball...etc.) in the off wand.

Bloodgruve
2012-03-22, 01:55 PM
What are you looking to do with the build? Do you want wands as backup damage sources or primary or flavor? Can you use any PRC's in Eberron sources?

I usually don't mess with UMD a lot, if the wand is on your spell list is a check needed to activate the wand? If the wand is not on your spell list is the DC for the check 20?

Blood~