PDA

View Full Version : TWF/MWF without a high Dex

EnnPeeCee
2012-03-23, 02:49 AM
Is there any way to gain the feats, or the effect thereof, of the two weapon/multi weapon fighting feat chain without the high dexterity prerequisites of the feats AND without taking many levels in a class (such as ranger)? I'm guessing no, but I wanted to check.

Rhaegar14
2012-03-23, 02:54 AM
Diopsid, Dragon Magazine Compendium. +1 LA to dual-wield Greatswords without any Dexterity.

But if a giant, vaguely humanoid beetle isn't appropriate for your campaign, I dunno what to tell you.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-03-23, 02:57 AM
Gloves of the Balanced Hand, Magic Item Compendium. Wearing them gives you TWF, or if you already have that, you get ITWF.

Per MIC p234 you can add +Dex to them for the same price as just buying Gloves of Dex. Buy the Gloves of the Balanced Hand early and you get TWF regardless of your Dex. By the time you get +6 BAB you should be able to afford to enchant enough +Dex to have the prerequisite to take TWF, and you'll get ITWF from the gloves.

EnnPeeCee
2012-03-23, 04:20 AM
Gloves of the Balanced Hand, Magic Item Compendium. Wearing them gives you TWF, or if you already have that, you get ITWF.

Per MIC p234 you can add +Dex to them for the same price as just buying Gloves of Dex. Buy the Gloves of the Balanced Hand early and you get TWF regardless of your Dex. By the time you get +6 BAB you should be able to afford to enchant enough +Dex to have the prerequisite to take TWF, and you'll get ITWF from the gloves.

Ooh, thats the right idea for what I'm looking for, but unfortunately falls just short of Greater TWF.

Coidzor
2012-03-23, 04:34 AM
Ooh, thats the right idea for what I'm looking for, but unfortunately falls just short of Greater TWF.

Would you actually be hitting with Greater TWF to justify taking it when you can grab the 1st two with minimal effort?

If you have a high enough initiator level I suppose some of the tiger claw maneuvers would become available via martial study if Tome of Battle is on the table, though you'd probably be better off just dipping Warblade for a level or two.

Or if you just want the attacks, two levels of Totemist (Magic of Incarnum) will give you some extra natural weapons which will give you more attacks with a better attack bonus, IIRC.

ericgrau
2012-03-23, 11:16 AM
Ranger 2 + those gloves sound like the answer. You really don't need GTWF at a -10 to hit.

EnnPeeCee
2012-03-23, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I guess thats true, Greater isn't really necessary. As a followup question, would it be safe to assume (this is just a character concept, not for an actual game yet) that ranger/the gloves would provide multiweapon fighting for races with more than 2 arms? MWF states "This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms."

Rubik
2012-03-23, 04:37 PM
Generally natural attacks are superior in every possible way. Druid, psywar, totemist, wildshape ranger, unarmed swordsage, or wildshape monk.

Go wild!