PDA

View Full Version : Flying on a Warforged

Morithias
2012-03-23, 04:20 AM
Long story short I saw Spoony's latest review of Tekken : Blood Vengeance, and fell in love with the cute flying robot monk.

So my latest project is to try to make this: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110609045623/tekken/en/images/f/f2/Alisatekken.jpg

I am having trouble with the Jetpack however. I found in Races of Eberron the Artifact Warforged component, but I can't ask the DM for anymore help on this project. The DM for the campaign I currently plan to use her for is VERY good on allowing stuff, but seeing how I'm already going to be playing the ruler of a bloody country asking for anything more is just being greedy. (The ruler obviously has leadership, the robot is going to be the cohort).

So what I need are good ways to get wings. Grafts would be the obvious choice but I am very inexperienced with them. Fluff is not a problem as I am sure I can talk him into letting me fluff demon, angel, or whatever wings into some kind of robot attachment so long as I pay for it.

The rocket hand will be covered by the (I admit very weak) ki blast feat, I'm still having trouble with the chainsaws inside the arms thing, but I think I can skip those. For now all I need is help with the wings.

Thanks for all your help people! Any advice given on the other stuff is appreciated as well. Also go watch the review! I'd say it's one of his best movie reviews so far!

Rhaegar14
2012-03-23, 04:40 AM
I love Alysa. She's so much fun to play. It baffles me how people can block chainsaws with their arms though.

Why not just choose a magic item like the Phoenix Cloak or the Wings of Flying as a Warforged Component, since any magic item can be made as such?

Morithias
2012-03-23, 04:45 AM
I love Alysa. She's so much fun to play. It baffles me how people can block chainsaws with their arms though.

Why not just choose a magic item like the Phoenix Cloak or the Wings of Flying as a Warforged Component, since any magic item can be made as such?

Well ideally I would like the wings to actually be a part of her, but if push comes to shove I may have to use the phoenix cloak.

Wings of flying? I don't recall seeing those in my research. I saw the winged cape in Races of Eberron, but those are an artifact, you can't buy them.

What book is wings of flying in?

Rhaegar14
2012-03-23, 04:51 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#wingsofFlying

The enormously esoteric source that is the Dungeon Master's Guide. XD

Quote from Races of Eberron:

"Any character capable of creating a magic item can make the same item as a warforged component..."

So just have one of those two go-to solutions for permanent flight made as a Warforged Component for the character.

Cwymbran-San
2012-03-23, 04:52 AM
I believe it was Secrets of Xen'drik, it contains some choice components fpr warforged as the little buggers were created by the giants first. House Cannith only claims the invention as their own :smallsmile:

Morithias
2012-03-23, 05:10 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#wingsofFlying

The enormously esoteric source that is the Dungeon Master's Guide. XD

Quote from Races of Eberron:

"Any character capable of creating a magic item can make the same item as a warforged component..."

So just have one of those two go-to solutions for permanent flight made as a Warforged Component for the character.

Genius. Thank you very much. I'll also check out Secrets.

And this thread seems to be well and done. Thanks for all your help!

Kuulvheysoon
2012-03-23, 03:50 PM
An alternative suggestion would be to give the warforged some warlock levels. Eldritch Blast can take care of the rocket hands (refluff it as flinging a ball of energy), and invocations can cover flight.

nedz
2012-03-23, 05:14 PM
A Half Fey Warforged ?
LA +2 or 2 racial levels
But your wings have to be batlike or insectiod depending whether you are unseelie or seelie.
All kinds of enchanting SLAs too.

Metahuman1
2012-03-23, 07:37 PM
It baffles me how people can block chainsaws with their arms though.

The say way people in Soul Caliber 4 could block Yoda/Vader/Appretices Lightsabers on there weapons?

Alleran
2012-03-23, 08:59 PM
A Half Fey Warforged ?
LA +2 or 2 racial levels
But your wings have to be batlike or insectiod depending whether you are unseelie or seelie.
All kinds of enchanting SLAs too.

Half-fey Unseelie Fey Warforged Incarnate Construct?

deuxhero
2012-03-23, 09:26 PM
Couldn't you use a +1 throwing returning battlefist (or just your self) over Ki Strike for Missile Punch?

There is some way to get slashing unarmed strike damage, so just fluff that as your chainsaws.

Than
2012-03-23, 11:40 PM
Versatile Unarmed Strike feat from PHB2. Swift action to change unarmed damage from bludgeon or piercing or slashing and sticks until you swift to change it again.

Thurbane
2012-03-24, 07:10 AM
Dragonborn of Bahamut can put wings on a Warforged.

Daer
2012-03-24, 09:12 AM
warlock (with eldritch claws !)or dragonfire adept , though at least 6 levels.. but warlock would be quite fitting for a robot. laser beams and flying and all.