PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Diopsid Exotic Weapon assistance

GreenSerpent
2012-03-23, 04:36 AM
Greetings, fellow Playgrounders!

I have recently joined a PbP game (which actually seems to have managed to survive) and am creating a Diopsid martial character. I'd like some assistance choosing exotic weapons to wield.

A rule is in play - it's complicated, but basically I can wield any exotic weapon I want by picking the right weapon group. The game is at level 2.

My class is Lion Totem Barbarian (with Pounce) at level 1 including the +1LA for the Diopsid. In addition, I have limited money - less than 250gp.

Also, a few recommendations for what to multiclass / prestige towards would be nice. I have fairly poor stats but have strong STR and CON (and actually 14 CHA as well).

Thanks in advance! If any more information is required then I will be happy to respond.

(oh, and DM if you read this... hi!)

Jeff the Green
2012-03-23, 07:51 AM
Well, the best exotic weapon I can think of is Minotaur Greathammer (1d12, 19-20/x4) from MM4. Bring that to large size and you do 3d6. Grab some Strongarm Bracers from MIC for 4d6.

For prestige classes, might I suggest the Totem Rager from Magic of Incarnum? You've got pounce already, which helps you get the secondary natural attacks Totemists are so good at.

Alternatively, go with a ToB class. Crusader would be my choice.

RMS Oceanic
2012-03-23, 08:10 AM
From my reading of the Diopsid, they are well suited for a Two-Weapon Shock Trooper build. Because they can dual wield two-handed weapons and apply double power attack damage to both, and take Two-Weapon Fighting without worrying about Dexterity, you are in a great position to make a Shock Trooper build. For this I'd probably recommend a two level dip into Fighter for the feats.

If you can get the Greathammer without burning a feat for it, it would probably be the best for such a build.

For Prestige Classes, the Frenzied Beserker (Complete Warrior) is usually the standard choice for Hulk Smash Barbarian Types.

Mooch
2012-03-23, 10:25 AM
Where is Diopsid from?

Isn't the fullblade an exotic weapon that at large size would do 4d6?

Cog
2012-03-23, 11:12 AM
Where is Diopsid from?

Isn't the fullblade an exotic weapon that at large size would do 4d6?

Diopsid is from Dragon Magazine, and made it to hardcover in the Compendium.

Fullblade is 3.0, and as per the DMG, requires DM intervention to decide how it's handled by 3.5's different weapon size rules.