PDA

View Full Version : Artificer suggestions

Batpope Scott
2012-03-23, 09:56 AM
I am going to be starting a third level gestalt character and was thinking about going artificer. What would be a good build to that purpose without blowing my DM's campaign into submission?

SilverLeaf167
2012-03-23, 10:03 AM
Artificer//Factotum is a very juicy gestalt. Rogue is another option, but if at all possible, go Factotum.

In case you didn't know, Factotum bases everything off Intelligence, adds Intelligence to everything, gets you limited Sneak Attack, gives you more standard actions and eventually allows you to copy entire class features. The class is from Dungeonscape.

Aharon
2012-03-23, 10:55 AM
The wording in ToM is even more vague on this than on other stuff, but one possible interpretation it that its allowed to put utterances into items. Along with other exceptions in truenaming, Artificer//Truenamer can be good.

Articer+Rebuild Item=WBL is crying in a corner.

It's likely weaker than really strong options - the usual stuff: Mind Mage, builds that use the Sublime Chord wording to get CL>9000, but it has good synergy.

Elvenoutrider
2012-03-23, 04:59 PM
Artificer/fighter will net you more feats than you will know what to do with, plus allow access to heavy armor

Metahuman1
2012-03-23, 05:02 PM
Artificer/Erudite could be solid.

hushblade
2012-03-23, 05:30 PM
Isn't their something about a warlock being a big boon to an artificer?

Need_A_Life
2012-03-23, 05:39 PM
Artificer|Anything is workable, really.

Artificer|Psion or Artificer|Factotum are two I'd really love to try.

Of course, you could nerf yourself a bit (being Tier 0-1 should be enough for you)...
Dipping on the other side to avoid having to EVER make UMD checks might help there. Artificer20|Cleric1/Wizard1/Bard1/etc.

Or you could be a real b@$tard:
Artificer20|Wizard5/Ur-priest2/Mystic Theurge 8/XXX +5
You could get 9th level arcane and divine spellcasting, full artificer abilities and whatever 5 levels of your favourite arcane PrC offers (Nightmare spinner, Dread Witch, Mindbender are all fun IMO).

At level 3, you'd have level 2 arcane spells, artificer buffing abilities and HD and a bunch of magic items.