PDA

View Full Version : PF Halfling Jinx

NeoSeraphi
2012-03-23, 01:50 PM
So...Halflings are pretty freaking awesome in Pathfinder. They get this whole subset of racial power, as well as those divine items that change how you cast a spell. It's...cool. They're really unique, as far as races go. I like that.

The jinx feature itself doesn't look like much. Standard action, someone within a range has to make a Will save that scales with your level, or take a -1 penalty to all saving throws. Decidedly "meh" ability, as save-or-take-a-penalty-to-saves are (mind fog).

However, the halfling jinx has a bunch of customization feats that augment it. So I'm wondering, is there anyone out there who has ever tried to optimize the jinx before? Does the end result merit the feat and action cost? What would a sample build look like?

Blyte
2012-03-23, 08:56 PM
at a glance it doesn't seem worth the feat investment to gain a debuff after you have already hit them with a spell or song that is likely intended to take them out of the fight already.

if the jinxed spell hit them with the jinx before the spell or effect then it might be worth the investment, but since it doesn't soften them up for your bigger effect, and in fact is dependent upon the success of your actual spell, it seems totally useless.

I think they should have made jinx like a ranged "aid another" with an inverse effect. It would be nice to have a halfling who is all about doing a swift aid, body guard, saving shield, etc... and as a standard action does a potent jinx to an enemy. It is possible to get an aid another action up to potent levels, but it seems that jinx caps out at -3 to a specific saving throw, with a significant feat investment (2), and even more (4+) if you want it to tie into a spell, song, etc and be at all useful.

Thank you tho for encouraging another look at halfling.

I found "midnight bandana" to be pretty neato, as well as a few other little halfling fetishes.